ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order 3.0

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Re: Tank World Order 3.0 

Post#1741 » by ItsDanger » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:04 pm

A big plus in Chet's favour is that he doesn't shy away from physical contact at all. But can he take a lot of punishment in the NBA on the low block? What position will be play on defense? Skill wise, he's got the tools.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#1742 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm

The Eastern Conference is insane

2nd to 12th is separated by 3 games
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#1743 » by 720 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:33 pm

We're getting a lotto pick. Masai ain't making a push for the play in. (This is if they're in this same area near the end of the season).
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#1744 » by Pooh_Jeter » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:42 pm

ItsDanger wrote:A big plus in Chet's favour is that he doesn't shy away from physical contact at all. But can he take a lot of punishment in the NBA on the low block? What position will be play on defense? Skill wise, he's got the tools.

I feel a lot better about him at this point. When you have the skills and mindset to be great, being such a weird body type isn't too much of a red flag. It's doubtful he ever becomes some behemoth, but give him an NBA training staff and regiment along with his length and he will be fine I would think.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
aligator
Assistant Coach
And1: 432

Post#1745 » by aligator » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:47 pm

Barring the unforeseen, I think Chet is a lock to go #1. I don't see what anyone else can do to pass him.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,652

Post#1746 » by Johnny Bball » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:48 pm

720 wrote:We're getting a lotto pick. Masai ain't making a push for the play in. (This is if they're in this same area near the end of the season).

Then why is everyone dreaming and nobody talking about the guy who seems the most raptory of picks so far.... 6' 9" PG/SG with a 7 foot wingspan.

https://www.basketballnews.com/draft/2022-big-board/players/ousmane-dieng
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#1747 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:13 am

OakleyDokely wrote:The Eastern Conference is insane

I'm actually surprised we're sitting 12th in the East right now

I think we're starting to see everything come together in the East though. All the teams that got off the the hot starts are starting to fizzle or have already fizzled out.

Look for the Bucks and Hawks to keep climbing and teams like the Wizards and Cavs to continue to fall. I'm assuming Philly will start winning games as soon as Embiid is back.

We're part of the group of teams (Wizards, Raptors, Knicks, Celtics, Hornets) that I think will hover around 500 heading into January. Charlotte has been playing well though.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,713

Post#1748 » by Ell Curry » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:01 am

mdenny wrote:
Psubs wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Chets shooting is 86%/39%/78% 2pt/3pt/ft.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit. Better A/To than Cade Cunningham. 10 assists+blocks/40.

It's like if Porzingis played in college and had way better guard skills.

Would people trade Barnes for Chet?

Chad ford doesn't think he'd go top 5 in last year's draft. I think the body issues are too much of a concern. if they were a small concern for mobley they are a huge concern for chet.

KD was as skinny, I think he'd have been the generally accepted 4th pick and at that point it's up to Masai if he takes him or Barnes, then the Orlando GM to go with him or Suggs, and if not he very very likely goes 6th to OKC.
Where's the D?
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,785

Post#1749 » by RoyceDa59 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:06 am

Honesty long term Id love one more lotto pick this year followed by some off season moves that sees Siakam bring in even more young talent/picks and the core of the rebuild is complete - just gotta develop which is fun to watch.
Go Raps!!
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,561

Post#1750 » by DreamTeam09 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:12 am

Chet is good, but I don't think he's as good as ppl thinks he is. He doesn't have guard like skills, he has a good handle for a big man. Not sure what kind of defensive player he's going to be. Is he gonna anchor the defense like a Gobert? Can he defend in space at the NBA level. He's hella skinny too.

I like his attitude tho, he wants to be great!!

I like Mobley better than him tho...

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#1751 » by Reeko » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:26 am

Ell Curry wrote:
mdenny wrote:
Psubs wrote:

Chad ford doesn't think he'd go top 5 in last year's draft. I think the body issues are too much of a concern. if they were a small concern for mobley they are a huge concern for chet.

KD was as skinny, I think he'd have been the generally accepted 4th pick and at that point it's up to Masai if he takes him or Barnes, then the Orlando GM to go with him or Suggs, and if not he very very likely goes 6th to OKC.

I thought so as well, so I did my research a couple of days ago. First I looked at pictures of both of them, Chet now at Gonzaga and KD when he was at Texas, and upon first looking at them KD looked bigger or better said, not at as skinny. I then looked at their respective college profiles, Chet is 7'0 weighing in at 195 pounds, KD was 20 pounds heavier at 215 pounds.

In terms of weight, Chet is closer to Chris Boucher than KD or KG. Which I think has to be at least a bit concerning for front offices.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,587

Post#1752 » by Bruin » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:27 am

Fred is over a foot shorter than Chet but weighs 2 lbs more. The body will always be the red flag with Chet. If he can make it work, the talent and mindset do appear to be there for him to become a star
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,833

Post#1753 » by JShuttlesworth » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 am

I don't see why he can't be drafted 2nd overall

KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,428

Post#1754 » by KL78192020 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:53 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:The Eastern Conference is insane

I'm actually surprised we're sitting 12th in the East right now

I think we're starting to see everything come together in the East though. All the teams that got off the the hot starts are starting to fizzle or have already fizzled out.

Look for the Bucks and Hawks to keep climbing and teams like the Wizards and Cavs to continue to fall. I'm assuming Philly will start winning games as soon as Embiid is back.

We're part of the group of teams (Wizards, Raptors, Knicks, Celtics, Hornets) that I think will hover around 500 heading into January. Charlotte has been playing well though.

All the Cavs losses have come after Mobley going down, they also lost Sexton. Not going to be to good when you lose 2 starters. Although Mobley should be back soon. I see the Celtics getting better, but yea they are right around the Knicks/Wiz/Hornets level, I think Indy can be part of that group as well.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#1755 » by Reeko » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:05 am

JShuttlesworth wrote:I don't see why he can't be drafted 2nd overall

I know this is so stupid, but I don't trust ball players with the last name Smith. His game looks fluid as hell, but his last name being Smith just ruins it for me. Maybe he'll be the one to finally rid me of my Smith prejudice.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
billy_hoyle
Sixth Man
And1: 1,119

Post#1756 » by billy_hoyle » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:55 am

Reeko wrote:

I know this is so stupid, but I don't trust ball players with the last name Smith. His game looks fluid as hell, but his last name being Smith just ruins it for me. Maybe he'll be the one to finally rid me of my Smith prejudice.
Reeko wrote:

You didn't like prime Josh Smith? He was a fantasy monster and entertaining as hell.

I'm sure you know Jabari Smith is a bloodline baller, and his uncle is Kwame Brown. I feel that should be what brings about the distrust, not the Smith last name
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors

Post#1757 » by Reeko » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:05 am

billy_hoyle wrote:
Reeko wrote:

Reeko wrote:

You didn't like prime Josh Smith? He was a fantasy monster and entertaining as hell.

I'm sure you know Jabari Smith is a bloodline baller, and his uncle is Kwame Brown. I feel that should be what brings about the distrust, not the Smith last name

No I never liked Josh Smith. He was very gifted athletically but severely lacking in the IQ department.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#1758 » by 720 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:29 am

He has so much potential man. So good.

Imagine Jabari and Scottie running the fast break.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,713

Post#1759 » by Ell Curry » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:41 am

Reeko wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
mdenny wrote:

I thought so as well, so I did my research a couple of days ago. First I looked at pictures of both of them, Chet now at Gonzaga and KD when he was at Texas, and upon first looking at them KD looked bigger or better said, not at as skinny. I then looked at their respective college profiles, Chet is 7'0 weighing in at 195 pounds, KD was 20 pounds heavier at 215 pounds.

In terms of weight, Chet is closer to Chris Boucher than KD or KG. Which I think has to be at least a bit concerning for front offices.

Strength is probably similar, though I'll concede the point on size as I didn't look that hard.

Boucher is interesting. He's been very productive despite being a very inconsistent shooter and constantly infuriating Nurse (unclear if it's reading the game or effort but I think probably the former). If he shot 3s and had a pull up game and read the game like Holmgren he'd be a top 40 player instead of just posting the PER of one (21 for his career, same as perennial all-star frontcourt players like Aldridge, Blake, Butler and Vucevic, though obviously Blake and Aldridge's have gone down the last few years).

A 7 footer who can shoot 3s and block shots is just such a high floor as an archetype, and it's not like he has to guard post players since nobody does that anymore much.

It'll be interesting to see how he does as a pick and roll defender though, that will matter. Can he switch onto guards or not.
Where's the D?
TrustFundBaby
Head Coach
And1: 19,762

Post#1760 » by TrustFundBaby » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:55 am

mdenny wrote:
Psubs wrote:
GreatWhiteStiff wrote:Chets shooting is 86%/39%/78% 2pt/3pt/ft.

Sheeeeeeeeeeit. Better A/To than Cade Cunningham. 10 assists+blocks/40.

Well tbf 2021 was a stacked class. The top prospects this year and in the Edwards/Ball draft just don't compare. Just so many rookies performing incredible this season, it's an anomaly.

We got incredibly lucky we got the pick we did in the year we did

Return to Toronto Raptors