ImageImageImage

Who Is The 5th Worst Player On This Team?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Sterling Brown
33%
Willie Cauley-Stein
33%
Boban Marjanovic
17%
Trey Burke
17%

Total votes: 6

HairyGOATee
Sixth Man
And1: 424

Post#1 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:46 pm

I'm curious to see who we pick for this spot and the next. This should be fun.

Here's how the list looks so far.

Current List:
1. Luka Doncic
2. Kristaps Porzingis
3. Tim Hardaway Jr.
4. Jalen Brunson
5. Dorian Finney Smith
6. Maxi Kleber
7. Reggie Bullock
13. Frank Ntilikina
14. Josh Green
15. Moses Brown
16. Tyrell Terry (Cut)
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,359

Re: Who Is The 12th Worst Player On This Team? 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 pm

I loved Sterling Brown creativity of how to steal 6 million dollars from Cuban, but I still have to hand it to him, I'd rather have Tyrell Terry at home than him on the bench TBH.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Re: Who Is The 5th Worst Player On This Team? 

Post#3 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:00 pm

My bad, 5th worst, so 12th best.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by HairyGOATee » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 pm

KhalilS wrote:I loved Sterling Brown creativity of how to steal 6 million dollars from Cuban, but I still have to hand it to him, I'd rather have Tyrell Terry at home than him on the bench TBH.

Yeah, Sterling's gotta earn more playing time to get into a rhythm.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#5 » by LAL1947 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:01 pm

KhalilS wrote:I loved Sterling Brown creativity of how to steal 6 million dollars from Cuban, but I still have to hand it to him, I'd rather have Tyrell Terry at home than him on the bench TBH.

The whole Tyrell Terry thing just annoys the feck out of me.

1) Why draft another 6'1" point guard when there's already 6'1" Brunson and 6'0" Burke on the bench, with none having a chance at the starting spot that belongs to Luka?

2) If they'd done their homework, they could have traded up during the draft to get Jaden McDaniels, who dropped much lower than he should've gone. Or even Desmond Bane. Well, I'm not a huge fan of Bane... but hey, he'd have been a trade asset. (Passing on Achiuwa to take Josh Green... another bungle, considering the team could use a PF like Achiuwa next to Porzingis). So I just don't think the Dallas FO puts as much effort into scouting as other FOs do. I've already given examples of how many players Rob Pelinka calls in for workouts at LAL, even in years when they don't have their picks.

3) We still don't know what happened to Terry, except there could be family or personal issues? Don't even know which.

4) If they'd spent the last year developing him better... he could have been offered in a trade to Houston (they need a PG) for Usman Garuba.

Instead, Dallas been left with a big fat 0 just 1 year later... and now still need to give up more assets to get someone like Garuba or Achiuwa to fill that PF void. #DoubleJeopardy
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,809

Post#6 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:10 pm

True :lol: :lol: :lol:
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by HairyGOATee » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:17 pm

LAL1947 wrote:

The whole Tyrell Terry thing just annoys the feck out of me.

1) Why draft another 6'1" point guard when there's already 6'1" Brunson and 6'0" Burke on the bench, with none having a chance at the starting spot that belongs to Luka?

2) If they'd done their homework, they could have traded up during the draft to get Jaden McDaniels, who dropped much lower than he should've gone. Or even Desmond Bane. Well, I'm not a huge fan of Bane... but hey, he'd have been a trade asset. (Passing on Achiuwa to take Josh Green... another bungle, considering the team could use a PF like Achiuwa next to Porzingis). So I just don't think the Dallas FO puts as much effort into scouting as other FOs do. I've already given examples of how many players Rob Pelinka calls in for workouts at LAL, even in years when they don't have their picks.

3) We still don't know what happened to Terry, except there could be family or personal issues? Don't even know which.

4) If they'd spent the last year developing him better... he could have been offered in a trade to Houston (they need a PG) for Usman Garuba.

Instead, Dallas been left with a big fat 0 just 1 year later... and now still need to give up more assets to get someone like Garuba or Achiuwa to fill that PF void. #DoubleJeopardy

Trades like that are all speculation though. Any real confirmation behind those rumors? If not, then you're better off talking about who they passed on in the draft in favor of Terry.

The Mavs should have tried Tyler Bey at PF though. Same with Roby. They tried to use both at SF instead though.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#8 » by Teffer10 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:45 pm

The obvious choice to me is Powell.
I'd easily put Frank ahead of him as a better player.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by HairyGOATee » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:39 pm

4 way tie, lol.
HairyGOATee
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by HairyGOATee » Thu Dec 2, 2021 7:01 pm

and WCS it is!

Return to Dallas Mavericks