ImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tradez401
Starter
And1: 613

Re: Around the League 

Post#401 » by tradez401 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:16 pm

sheesh sekou can't stay on a team he should probably return to france a few years, fine tune his game and mature then make a comeback in the nba.
tradez401
Starter
And1: 613

Post#402 » by tradez401 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:17 pm

tradez401 wrote:

sheesh sekou can't stay on a team he should probably return to france a few years, fine tune his game, mature then make a comeback in the nba.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,525

Post#403 » by zeebneeb » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:42 pm

I said it when the rules changes started that Big men, real ones, would all of a sudden become massively important again.

Last night?

Went nuts. Check out the box scores from around the league. Pistons gotta land a true, big son of a bitch to be in the paint, and do work in the post again.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#404 » by DBC10 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm

zeebneeb wrote:I said it when the rules changes started that Big men, real ones, would all of a sudden become massively important again.

Last night?

Went nuts. Check out the box scores from around the league. Pistons gotta land a true, big son of a bitch to be in the paint, and do work in the post again.

One thing to note is the fact that there's just a dearth of actual bigmen that didn't flame out of the NBA. So all of sudden, the mid tier bigmen like Vucevic & J Allen (who I always liked) are suddenly worth so much more to their teams. I'm sure the rule changes helped a bit but the league will still favor non big guys that you can feel comfortable putting the ball in their hands to handle and make plays over the ground and pound style in the older days
Cowology
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,667

Post#405 » by Cowology » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:29 pm

There haven't been too many games for me to get excited about this year but I'm looking forward to the W's/Suns matchup tonight. Coming into the season I didn't have either team ranked this highly but I'm quite happy to be mistaken. Should be a fun game.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,854

Post#406 » by MotownMadness » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:33 pm

Cowology wrote:There haven't been too many games for me to get excited about this year but I'm looking forward to the W's/Suns matchup tonight. Coming into the season I didn't have either team ranked this highly but I'm quite happy to be mistaken. Should be a fun game.
Thats why I like scouting college ball games as a Piston fan. We're always bad and might as well try to watch the future instead lol.
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#407 » by jakebernat » Fri Dec 3, 2021 3:15 am

OKC, the model rebuild franchise, loses by 73 tonight. opinions are funny.
Bulls2021
Pro Prospect
And1: 544

Post#408 » by Bulls2021 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 6:20 am

Would you guys accept a trade revolving around Patrick Williams and Coby White for Grant?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#409 » by Pharaoh » Fri Dec 3, 2021 10:58 am

Bulls2021 wrote:Would you guys accept a trade revolving around Patrick Williams and Coby White for Grant?
I would imagine Weaver would considering how high he was on Williams in that Draft.

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Post#410 » by bstein14 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 2:34 pm

If we're taking, I always like considering trading for injured players. Helps the tank and you can usually get them at a discount. Not that our tank needs much help at the moment but in theory we will put it together eventually. I really like what Patrick Williams has shown before his injury and think he's going to be a really solid player in this league for a long time. Not a star, but a guy who fills a role as a 4th or 5th starter and is a positive impact player.

If we could get Patrick Williams, Coby White, and Portland's 2022 first round pick(top 1-14 protected) for Grant its a move we would have a hard time saying no to. I think Portland makes the playoffs this year at the bottom of the West and likely that pick ends up being in the 15-18 range.

Grant also is likely the exact player the Bulls need (unless they can get Simmons) to help put them in a legit position to have a chance to win the East. He would slide in as a great 3rd option for the team that also is one of the better guys in the league at defending Giannis and KD, who will almost certainly be players the Bulls will face in the playoffs the next two seasons.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#411 » by Pharaoh » Sat Dec 4, 2021 5:52 am

It appears Tayshaun Prince is a candidate for the new vacant Portland GM position.

Would be wild if he gets the gig, with Chauncey already there as coach!

Cowology
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,667

Post#412 » by Cowology » Sat Dec 4, 2021 11:56 pm

Pharaoh wrote:It appears Tayshaun Prince is a candidate for the new vacant Portland GM position.

I forgot he had any type of executive career. In fact I pretty much forgot he existed after 2015.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,786

Post#413 » by DBC10 » Tue Dec 7, 2021 2:42 am

Pharaoh wrote:It appears Tayshaun Prince is a candidate for the new vacant Portland GM position.

Chauncey's looking like he's already on the hot seat with 20 games in, Tayshaun might be the only thing that keeps him there should he get the job
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,525

Post#414 » by zeebneeb » Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:35 am

I am absolutely enamored with the Cavaliers this year, and honestly believe they could challenge for a title this year if they gel enough before the playoffs. They are a paradigm changing team, the way they are built.

They are super young in spots, so competing this year will be tough, but next year, with this experience under their belts? Whoa.

This year, no team wants a part of them in the playoffs, period. They are deadly.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#415 » by bstein14 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:26 am

zeebneeb wrote:I am absolutely enamored with the Cavaliers this year, and honestly believe they could challenge for a title this year if they gel enough before the playoffs. They are a paradigm changing team, the way they are built.

They are super young in spots, so competing this year will be tough, but next year, with this experience under their belts? Whoa.

This year, no team wants a part of them in the playoffs, period. They are deadly.

Cavs have a very interesting mix of young and old players.

They hit a really solid young player in Garland with the 5th pick in the 2019 draft. For us, Cade might be a similar player. An efficient 20 PPG scorer that gets 7 assists per game.... Cade will likely be a bit better rebounder but I think you can see a similarity between those two guys. They are going to have to max Garland this summer most likely.

Cavs hit on a really good trade in landing Allen because Houston didn't want to pay him. They gave him $100 million over 5 years and locked up a heck of a center for the future. Fixing up their earlier mistake of thinking Drummond might be their guy at center. They had to give up a future first (from Milwaukee so not likely a good pick) and a future 2nd round pick.

This is a possible route we could go with a trade. Trade for a player that another team doesn't want to pay, and we might get them for much below market value. Of course there is always a risk when a team doesn't want to pay a guy.

They added Lauri Markkanen via a sign and trade, and he's very talented offensively and Mobley and Allen's defense certainly make up for some of his shortcomings defensively.

Having Rubio and Love as vets off the bench also key in a possible playoff run if they buy-in to being positive influence vets. I know there was certainly some questions with Love in that area.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#416 » by Pharaoh » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:04 am

bstein14 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I am absolutely enamored with the Cavaliers this year, and honestly believe they could challenge for a title this year if they gel enough before the playoffs. They are a paradigm changing team, the way they are built.

Cavs have a very interesting mix of young and old players.

They hit a really solid young player in Garland with the 5th pick in the 2019 draft. For us, Cade might be a similar player. An efficient 20 PPG scorer that gets 7 assists per game.... Cade will likely be a bit better rebounder but I think you can see a similarity between those two guys. They are going to have to max Garland this summer most likely.

Cavs hit on a really good trade in landing Allen because Houston didn't want to pay him. They gave him $100 million over 5 years and locked up a heck of a center for the future. Fixing up their earlier mistake of thinking Drummond might be their guy at center. They had to give up a future first (from Milwaukee so not likely a good pick) and a future 2nd round pick.

This is a possible route we could go with a trade. Trade for a player that another team doesn't want to pay, and we might get them for much below market value. Of course there is always a risk when a team doesn't want to pay a guy.

They added Lauri Markkanen via a sign and trade, and he's very talented offensively and Mobley and Allen's defense certainly make up for some of his shortcomings defensively.

Having Rubio and Love as vets off the bench also key in a possible playoff run if they buy-in to being positive influence vets. I know there was certainly some questions with Love in that area.
And my guy Okoro has shown real improvement this season too, especially offensively.

Cavs need to trade Sexton for a wing though not sure who's gonna bite on that.

bstein14
RealGM

Post#417 » by bstein14 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:56 am

Cavs lost Rubio for the rest of the season.... I was hoping they might have interest in Cory Joseph but it seems they have their sights set on Rondo.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#418 » by 440BB » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:56 am

bstein14 wrote:Cavs lost Rubio for the rest of the season.... I was hoping they might have interest in Cory Joseph but it seems they have their sights set on Rondo.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess the Cavs wised up after the Drummond trade.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
JLiv
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,040

Post#419 » by JLiv » Sun Jan 2, 2022 5:36 am

Christian Wood refused to sub in tonight and KPJ left the arena at halftime after getting called out by John Lucas. Proof that they were NOT the guys we should’ve built around
bstein14
RealGM

Post#420 » by bstein14 » Sun Jan 2, 2022 2:52 pm

JLiv wrote:Christian Wood refused to sub in tonight and KPJ left the arena at halftime after getting called out by John Lucas. Proof that they were NOT the guys we should’ve built around

Both have talent and skill, but its clear that both also have some issues and with us being a young team starting from the bottom they likely aren't the guys you want for changing the culture of a team.

Put someone like Wood on Warriors or Suns and he'd likely be fine but giving him a role to be "the man" with a bunch of young kids isn't ideal he isn't a leader by any means. I think you can clearly see why the Rockets were rumored to be wanting to trade Wood earlier this season.

Return to Detroit Pistons