ImageImage

A New Era

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

A New Era 

Post#1 » by BallerTalk » Fri Oct 8, 2021 1:52 am

From the bleakness that ended the 2020 season and through the arduous disaster of last season the Rockets rise from the ashes anew.
Not only is the team embarking on a new season but a new era in franchise history.

Save for 2017, I haven't been this excited for a season since the championship years.

Go Rox!!!
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Re: A New Era 

Post#2 » by BallerTalk » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:00 am

Game one!!!

Let's get it!
-
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#3 » by YoungMoney23 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:15 am

SENGUUUUUUUN!
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:37 am

Senguns numbers haven't been there, but he's been fantastic. Incredible feel for the game. Jalen is going to get buckets like tonight, but I've been pleased with his playmaking. Needs to get better at the rim
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#5 » by YoungMoney23 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:52 am

K_chile22 wrote:Senguns numbers haven't been there, but he's been fantastic. Incredible feel for the game. Jalen is going to get buckets like tonight, but I've been pleased with his playmaking. Needs to get better at the rim

That should come as his body develops, hes still super skinny but as he gets older he should fill out more.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by BallerTalk » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:35 am

Yeah, one of the harder parts of this rough start to watch is seeing Şengün's skill and basketball IQ get hard capped by his lack of athleticism.
He's going to have to develop a Scola-like level of craftiness around the basket to counter that.
-
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#7 » by YoungMoney23 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:56 am

This new era is getting painful to watch with all this tanking. I've said Tillman is going to be a terrible owner and it keeps coming true... All throughout the Morey era we were never awful even when we were rebuilding
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#8 » by K_chile22 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 6:05 am

Really hope wood gets moved at the deadline. He's a very good player but it's time to unleash Sengun and get value for Wood imo

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using RealGM mobile app
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#9 » by K_chile22 » Sat Dec 4, 2021 6:07 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:This new era is getting painful to watch with all this tanking. I've said Tillman is going to be a terrible owner and it keeps coming true... All throughout the Morey era we were never awful even when we were rebuilding
Yeah because Les wouldn't let Morey tank. Almost got stuck on the 8th seed train forever due to les' impatience but luckily Stern vetoed the cp deal where we tried to send the assets used in harden for a waning Pau. Fertita is not a good owner but tanking is the more reliable move. Got lucky with harden

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using RealGM mobile app
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#10 » by LAL1947 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am

Your FO has done a fine job building the roster through the draft.

Really feels like Houston should offer whatever is needed to get Patrick Williams from Chicago ASAP.

IMO, he's the missing piece for this team, as he offers top level defense with some quality on the ball at SF. At 21YO, he also fits the timeline of the Rockets' other young players perfectly.

G: KPJ / TyTy
G: Green / Christopher
F: P Williams / Tate
F: Jabari / Eason
C: Sengun / Garuba
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by BallerTalk » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:50 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Your FO has done a fine job building the roster through the draft.

Really feels like Houston should offer whatever is needed to get Patrick Williams from Chicago ASAP.

IMO, he's the missing piece for this team, as he offers top level defense with some quality on the ball at SF. At 21YO, he also fits the timeline of the Rockets' other young players perfectly.

I like Patrick Williams. He is clearly more polished offensively but I don't know if he'd be the defensive presence Eason projects to be.
And defense is this team's most dire need.
-
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#12 » by LAL1947 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:16 am

BallerTalk wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:Your FO has done a fine job building the roster through the draft.

I like Patrick Williams. He is clearly more polished offensively but I don't know if he'd be the defensive presence Eason projects to be.
And defense is this team's most dire need.

That extra offensive polish in the half-court is why I feel he will be needed TBH. Especially since Houston doesn't run a traditional point guard, it will connect the front and back courts through his ability to keep the ball moving and create opportunities... thus balancing the lineup. PWill's defense is very good too IMO and Jabari will add to the defense as well, so hopefully it is not as dire a need as last season.

With the defense too though, it's a question of balance. I think Eason can guard 3-5, but PWill guards 2-4 well. KPJ/TyTy and Green will need that extra help guarding the 2s and 3s... by someone who can navigate screens well, which isn't something you want your 4s and 5s (Jabari/Eason, Sengun/Garuba) doing for the full game. :P

Btw, I think TyTy projects to be a nice off-ball defender on small guards with good off-ball movement. So even when using TyTy at PG, it seems like PWill's scoring and play-making ability at SF will be more valuable than someone who is more defense oriented or more 3&D.

Maybe it's too early to be thinking about stuff like this though... as the young guys need minutes to figure out their weak areas and work on improving them. Man, I'm envious of Rockets fans this summer, you guys must be looking forward to the season to see how things develop and play out with everyone. :)
obispo
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#13 » by obispo » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:10 pm

Garuba carried Spain to EuroBasket final. What an effective performance.

CPH2113 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
K_chile22
RealGM

Post#14 » by K_chile22 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:51 am

obispo wrote:Garuba carried Spain to EuroBasket final. What an effective performance.

Saying he carried is a bit generous, but his play was very encouraging in Tourney play
obispo
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#15 » by obispo » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:31 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
obispo wrote:Garuba carried Spain to EuroBasket final. What an effective performance.

Saying he carried is a bit generous, but his play was very encouraging in Tourney play
I said it for semi-final game only. Not meaning all tournament.

JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,553

Post#16 » by JimmyPlopper » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:30 pm

Amen Thompson / TyTy Washington / Daishen Nix
Jalen Green/ Kevin Porter / Josh Christopher
Jae'Sean Tate / Cam Whitmore
Jabari Smith / Kenyon Martin / Tari Eason
Alperen Sengun / Usman Garuba
you can't kill me - i was born dead
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,767

Post#17 » by Adam Stern » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:57 am

Looking at the draft and the roster you already had, you guys must be stoked about how your rebuild has fleshed out.
Three strong drafts in a row and now enough cap space to be a major player in free agency.
Plus enough young talent and draft picks to make a major move if the opportunity presents itself.

Impressive reset from the 2020 collapse.
One_and_Done
Analyst
And1: 2,431

Post#18 » by One_and_Done » Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:46 am

Wow. Has this forum always been so dead? Or just since Harden left.
Warspite wrote:Billups was a horrible scorer who could only score with an open corner 3 or a FT.

Return to Houston Rockets