Around the NBA, Season 2021-2022

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Re: Around the NBA, Season 2021-2022 

Post#81 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 9, 2021 3:12 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I was never a big fan of Kemba Walker but it's sad to see his decline.

He’s a genuinely good guy.
Ingles is cooked.
D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Post#82 » by D Rog » Thu Dec 9, 2021 5:43 pm

Just a general request - Please lob out websites or links you use and rely on for team & individual player salaries, length of contract and player / team options. I used to use Basketball Insiders, but I can't get to the individual players contract amounts anymore. If Real GM has a place, please throw out a link.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#83 » by red4hf » Thu Dec 9, 2021 6:07 pm

D Rog wrote:Just a general request - Please lob out websites or links you use and rely on for team & individual player salaries, length of contract and player / team options. I used to use Basketball Insiders, but I can't get to the individual players contract amounts anymore. If Real GM has a place, please throw out a link.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/utah-jazz/cap/

Is what I use......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,463

Post#84 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Dec 9, 2021 7:48 pm

Basketball Reference allows selecting each player and seeing their past and future salaries (at the bottom of the page):
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2022.html#all_salaries2
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
D Rog
Junior

Post#85 » by D Rog » Thu Dec 9, 2021 8:15 pm

Thanks for both of those recommendations. They both look decent for info. I will have to play with both of them.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#86 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:11 am

D Rog wrote:Just a general request - Please lob out websites or links you use and rely on for team & individual player salaries, length of contract and player / team options. I used to use Basketball Insiders, but I can't get to the individual players contract amounts anymore. If Real GM has a place, please throw out a link.

HoopsHype is another one. You can click on any of the links for teams below to get further salary breakdowns for the players, including team option, player option and qualifying offer.
https://hoopshype.com/salaries/
D Rog
Junior

Post#87 » by D Rog » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:08 pm

Thanks Crunch - I forgot about hoopshype.

I had a conversation with a couple friends / fans. We were talking about potential Jazz moves before trade deadline and then I read articles from SLC Dunk about acquiring Larry Nance, Eric Gordon or Harrison Barnes. J Notes talked talked about Jazz acquiring Sabonis. Real GM says Houston is open to offers for C Wood. Obviously Simmons is available.

My question is if you are the Jazz GM do you make a move prior to trade deadline? For who and how? I love Ingles but trading him may mess up chemistry too much. If you don't trade him, you can't replace him next year with another player in his salary slot. If you do trade him, you better get somebody that can initiate the Jazz offense. I don't have a problem moving Clarkson, but again you may mess up chemistry. I think Quin is mixing the starters and bench enough that you don't need him to come in and dominate as a scorer like they did when the Jazz first acquired him. Is there a player the Jazz can get by just using the Favors trade exception? Just curious of who you guys think the Jazz can get and who you are giving up - Or do you just stand pat. I am not sold on Butler (at least not this year). I would love a bigger PG to put with DM for this year and the next 3-4 years. My dream is Haliburton but I don't see any way Sacramento lets him go.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#88 » by Crunch 99 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:43 pm

Alec Burks went cold after I posted about his great first two games as starting PG: 32% shooting from the field and 32% from three while the team went 3-7. He got to the free throw line though. I must have jinxed Burks. Lol. Kemba Walker has been back in the starting lineup the last three games and today's game. Burks is coming off the bench today.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#89 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Jan 5, 2022 1:30 pm

With big men Ayton, McGee and Crowder all out for covid protocols, but Point God CP3 still running the show, the Suns have totally dominated the last two games with a makeshift small ball lineup that includes Bismack Biyombo on a ten day. CP3 had 16 and 15 assists in the two games while the team had 36 and 32 assists. Biyombo came off the bench to score 13.5 ppg on 6.5 fga as his new teammates found him for dunks and rolls to the rim.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#90 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:29 am

Just something funny I came across, which involves Gobert and the Jazz

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#91 » by Denizfeital » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:42 pm

Washington just lost a game where they were up 35 points! in the second half!! at home!!! Whit a guy making 7 points in the last 10 seconds!!!! and the last play was a 4-point play which decided the game!!!!!

I think some of us would be near a heart attack if that happened to us.

Talk about heartbreaking loss. Gee.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#92 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 8, 2022 5:19 pm

I see the reports saying the Blazers aren't planning to trade Lillard but build around him but I find that hard to believe. All the moves they made made their team even less competitive. I can't see how he'll still want to stay after this. If he isn't traded by the deadline, I expect him to demand a trade in the offseason.

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#93 » by red4hf » Tue Feb 8, 2022 7:20 pm

Sabonis for Haliburton and Hield........ Wow!!!!!!!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#94 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Feb 9, 2022 10:04 am

I like Sabonis, he's really good, but I don't get what the Kings are doing.

sip
Rookie
And1: 1,313

Post#95 » by sip » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:37 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I see the reports saying the Blazers aren't planning to trade Lillard but build around him but I find that hard to believe. All the moves they made made their team even less competitive. I can't see how he'll still want to stay after this. If he isn't traded by the deadline, I expect him to demand a trade in the offseason.
I actually see it the opposite. I now see them way more competitive long term now. This year doesn't matter with Lillard out so they improve there draft stock. Simons is a better player long term than CJ and clearing that salary makes it easy to bring him back. I also really like the fit of Hart if they decide to keep him as well as NAW as prospect. It will be interesting to see how this plays out because they went from cap hell to having a ton of space.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#96 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Feb 9, 2022 4:39 pm

sip wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I see the reports saying the Blazers aren't planning to trade Lillard but build around him but I find that hard to believe. All the moves they made made their team even less competitive. I can't see how he'll still want to stay after this. If he isn't traded by the deadline, I expect him to demand a trade in the offseason.
I actually see it the opposite. I now see them way more competitive long term now. This year doesn't matter with Lillard out so they improve there draft stock. Simons is a better player long term than CJ and clearing that salary makes it easy to bring him back. I also really like the fit of Hart if they decide to keep him as well as NAW as prospect. It will be interesting to see how this plays out because they went from cap hell to having a ton of space.

Sent from my SM-G988U using RealGM mobile app

If Lillard was 26 or something then I could see it this way, and think that they may be better off long-term. But Lillard is going to be 32 very soon and has already shown signs of slowing down. He doesn't have the time for the Blazers to make moves for the long term anymore. Not while he's there.

Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#97 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Mar 6, 2022 3:31 pm

On the very same day that I posted in the morning that Philly was the big winner from the trade deadline with their acquisition of James Harden, Harden sat out the night game in an important EC matchup with Miami. Philly only scored 82 points and lost by 17. Harden was out for hamstring management. So now I am wondering if Harden is going to have a hamstring marred season like Conley last season, and whether he will be able to sustain playing every game, 30 plus mpg through a 76er playoff run.

In his first four games with Philly, Harden averaged an incredibly productive and efficient 26.8 ppg on 12.3 fga with 12 ast and 7.5 rebs, while Philly won all four games.

Crossing my fingers that Conley can continue to keep his hamstring problems away this season. We've got a back to back starting with OKC tonight and Dallas tomorrow. Agree with Catchall that it might be a good idea to rest Conley tonight and get some minutes for Naw and Butler against OKC. We need Conley at his best against the Mavs tomorrow. Go Jazz!
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#98 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:35 pm

I thought this was article well deserved praise of Clippers' Coach Ty Lue. Lue has done a masterful job to get the Clips solidly in eighth place without the services of Kawhi for the entire season and with Paul George only playing 26 games. Lue's adjustments to come back and beat us 4-2 in the playoffs after being down 2-0 were impressive as well.

'He is the star': How Ty Lue has changed the Clippers narrative, one comeback at a time
https://www.espn.com/nba/story?id=33556786&_slug_=he-star-how-ty-lue-changed-clippers-narrative-one-comeback
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#99 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:23 pm

The Celtics ascended all the way to first place for just one day and then lost the very first game that they played without newly injured center Robert Williams. They signed former Jazz player Juwan Morgan today to a ten day contract to potentially help out. Juwan is averaging a decent 12.1 ppg on 8.1 fga with 5.7 rebs in 25.9 mpg in the G-League.

The Celtics were dealt a significant blow when they lost Williams to injury. An Ainge pick at #27 in the 2018 draft, Williams is ranked number 11 in the NBA for DRAPM, is ranked number 4 for blocks/game and is ranked number 4 for orebs/game. ESPN analyst and former Celtic center Kendrick Perkins claims the Celtics' title hopes are screwed without Williams' defensive presence. We don't know what the timeline is for Williams' return. He has a torn meniscus that needs surgery.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#100 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:47 am

This sportswriter says Snyder should be the favorite for the Lakers' open head coaching job if he should become available. From an applicant's point of view, it is a job that comes with both high expectations and significant potential to not work out. AD and Lebron have both missed a lot of games the last two seasons. Lebron will be 38 years old next season and AD is injury-prone. Westbrook hasn't fit in.

Lakers coaching candidates: 25 possible options -- from the obvious to ridiculous -- to replace Frank Vogel
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/lakers-coaching-candidates-25-possible-options-from-the-obvious-to-ridiculous-to-replace-frank-vogel/

Snip: Quin Snyder should be the favorite if he does become available. He lacks Rivers' championship pedigree, but has worked in the organization before and has much more modern coaching philosophies. He's a rumored candidate to replace Gregg Popovich in San Antonio, and the Jazz really shouldn't let him go, but change is coming to that organization in some fashion if they suffer another embarrassing playoff defeat. If it's Snyder, he will be highly sought-after.

Return to Utah Jazz