8-11 FT% 72.7
TroubleS0me
Head Coach
And1: 5,000

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo 21-22 Thread 

Post#22 » by TroubleS0me » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:46 pm

Vs Magic

32 PTS
23 FREE THROW ATTEMPTS ( 15-23 FT% 65.2)
20 REBS

2 STLS
3 BLKS
8-16 FG% 50

Portis
24 PTS
15 REBS
6-7 3PT FG% 85.7
8-11 FG% 72.7
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#23 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:30 am

Player of the week
Antetokounmpo averaged 33.3 points, 16.0 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 2.7 blocks and 1.7 steals per game while shooting 58.2% from the field.
falcolombardi
General Manager
And1: 5,965

Post#24 » by falcolombardi » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:45 am

is orlando but milwaukee is looking really good with the full team

if they can make a good run record wise giannis has a shot of vhallenging jokic ans curry for mvp (although i think the narrative will be in curry favor, not undeservedly so since warriors are being a great surprise)
PicPock
Sophomore
And1: 194

Post#25 » by PicPock » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:08 am

falcolombardi wrote:is orlando but milwaukee is looking really good with the full team

if they can make a good run record wise giannis has a shot of vhallenging jokic ans curry for mvp (although i think the narrative will be in curry favor, not undeservedly so since warriors are being a great surprise)

He is experimenting, i think he won't go for it. He has a lot to learn, new position(c), blocking out for offensive rebounds, not being a help defender in long stretches, shooting efficiently over 10 feet. Practice is great but in-game training is irreplaceable and he knows it.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#26 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 am

Yeah probably too much **** around on offense. Last season was high post and working as a roll man. This season has a bit of that and a lot of doing the stuff defences force on him and it's probably going to lead to underwhelming efficiency in the regular season. The new zone is looking pretty awesome though, looking forward to seeing that in the post season, particularly when Donte is back.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
PicPock
Sophomore

Post#27 » by PicPock » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:48 am

AussieBuck wrote:Yeah probably too much **** around on offense. Last season was high post and working as a roll man. This season has a bit of that and a lot of doing the stuff defences force on him and it's probably going to lead to underwhelming efficiency in the regular season. The new zone is looking pretty awesome though, looking forward to seeing that in the post season, particularly when Donte is back.

O-T
What's your opinion on Donte vs Allen debate? Besides that, could they play alongside this season?
I liked them both but i dont see a future for both of them in your team.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#28 » by AussieBuck » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:27 am

PicPock wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:Yeah probably too much **** around on offense. Last season was high post and working as a roll man. This season has a bit of that and a lot of doing the stuff defences force on him and it's probably going to lead to underwhelming efficiency in the regular season. The new zone is looking pretty awesome though, looking forward to seeing that in the post season, particularly when Donte is back.

O-T
What's your opinion on Donte vs Allen debate? Besides that, could they play alongside this season?

I get the salary cap implications but I don't see why they should otherwise be in competition. The future of the team is small ball and Donte is an excellent PG and SG defender who can also play some SF because of his great rebounding. Plus we're likely to go with a lot of three guard lineups. I think I'd keep Allen starting and go back to Donte off the bench like we had in 2020. He has great chemistry with Giannis and is a good backup PG in Giannis and leftovers lineup we run. (The non-Giannis minutes are usually the other 4 starters while Giannis runs his reserve minutes with bench guys.)

Donte also allows for lineups where Jrue can be put on whoever 1-3 is most threatening so I don't want to lose him for that versatility. Healthy, we have 9 legit dudes. That's WAY better than going with one guard total after the first round last playoffs.

Jrue /Donte/Hill
Allen/Donte/Jrue
Khris/Pat/Jrue
Giannis/Pat/Portis/Khris
Brook/Giannis/Portis
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
PicPock
Sophomore

Post#29 » by PicPock » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:33 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
PicPock wrote:

O-T

I get the salary cap implications but I don't see why they should otherwise be in competition. The future of the team is small ball and Donte is an excellent PG and SG defender who can also play some SF because of his great rebounding. Plus we're likely to go with a lot of three guard lineups. I think I'd keep Allen starting and go back to Donte off the bench like we had in 2020. He has great chemistry with Giannis and is a good backup PG in Giannis and leftovers lineup we run. (The non-Giannis minutes are usually the other 4 starters while Giannis runs his reserve minutes with bench guys.)

Donte also allows for lineups where Jrue can be put on whoever 1-3 is most threatening so I don't want to lose him for that versatility. Healthy, we have 9 legit dudes. That's WAY better than going with one guard total after the first round last playoffs.

Jrue /Donte/Hill
Allen/Donte/Jrue
Khris/Pat/Jrue
Giannis/Pat/Portis/Khris
Brook/Giannis/Portis

Thanks for your analysis
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#30 » by Prez » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:13 pm

This seems weird to say about a team that is 10-8 right now, but when the Bucks have all their guys, this is the best Bucks team of the Giannis era IMO.

6-0 with +14.5 MOV when all 3 of Giannis/Jrue/Khris are in the lineup. Only 1 game with their top 4 (the previous 3 + Brook), a blowout W vs Brooklyn on opening night. Obviously super small sample size, but they’ve just been dominant when they have real rotation guys out there, but killed by so many guys in and out of the lineup so far causing them to have to play the bottom 3rd of their roster, which is just a hilarious collection of non-NBA talent. Their top 10 is the best it’s been though IMO.

Grayson Allen is the SG they’ve been looking for for years, and when Donte returns they have a pretty nice stable of guards that can shoot/dribble/pass around Giannis. Just need Brook back to shore up the defense/rebounding in non Giannis minutes. Bobby is a terrific complement to another big, but he can’t be the sole big out there.
oldschooled
Veteran
And1: 2,702

Post#31 » by oldschooled » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:58 am

By just watching the games, i cant stress enough how important Brook Lopez is for this Bucks team and most importantly on Giannis's dominance. Lopez's ability on defense and spacing the floor for Giannis helps a ton for Giannis to dominate in games. I'm just wondering who would be the best replacement for Brook once he declines/retire?
Frank Dux wrote:
LeChosen One wrote:Doc is right. The Warriors shouldn't get any respect unless they repeat to be honest.

According to your logic, Tim Duncan doesn't deserve any respect.
70sFan
RealGM
And1: 23,474

Post#32 » by 70sFan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:08 am

oldschooled wrote:By just watching the games, i cant stress enough how important Brook Lopez is for this Bucks team and most importantly on Giannis's dominance. Lopez's ability on defense and spacing the floor for Giannis helps a ton for Giannis to dominate in games. I'm just wondering who would be the best replacement for Brook once he declines/retire?

I've been saying this for years, Brook's impact on this team is vastly underrated.
AussieBuck
RealGM

Post#33 » by AussieBuck » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:59 am

oldschooled wrote:By just watching the games, i cant stress enough how important Brook Lopez is for this Bucks team and most importantly on Giannis's dominance. Lopez's ability on defense and spacing the floor for Giannis helps a ton for Giannis to dominate in games. I'm just wondering who would be the best replacement for Brook once he declines/retire?

Portis is a better floor spacer. Teams take their chances with Brook. On D we've largely replaced the one man Lopez in the middle action with Giannis and a zone. The problem is there largely isn't a PF when Giannis slides over as Bobby has to play the rest of the C minutes. Long term we need another PF/C type assuming Portis signs on after the season. A PF who can play a little C like a JaMychal Green or preferably someone a little better but we'll be squeezed for cap room so it's probably a ring chaser slot.
emunney wrote:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#34 » by TroubleS0me » Tue Dec 7, 2021 4:56 am

Vs Hornets 12-1-21

40 PTS
15-24 FG% 62.5
13 FREE THROW ATTEMPTS (9-13 FT% 69.2)
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#35 » by TroubleS0me » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Vs Rockets 12-10

41 PTS
FG% 78.9%
14 FREE THROWS (71.4%)
17 REBS
3 STLS
2 BLKS
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,345

Post#36 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:51 pm

Just finished Fader's book on Giannis. Worth a read for those who haven't yet. Touches mainly on his relationship with his family and how his upbringing taught him to be frugal financially. But also some interesting stuff about his drive to become the best player he could be and his eventual realization that his ceiling was the best player in the world.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#37 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:25 am

Great season far looking mvp candidate I have him right behind curry right now
feyki
Veteran
And1: 447

Post#38 » by feyki » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:21 pm

With Jrue, it's so easy to see Giannis with 40+ points. He totally like 62/63 Wilt, best finisher in the league by far.

Still, don't think his offence in the elites,though :D .
“The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe that you might block every shot.”
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#39 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:08 pm

Covid-19
TroubleS0me
Head Coach

Post#40 » by TroubleS0me » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo: Giannis is also on pace to set a career-best mark in isolation scoring this season at 5.0 ppg. A key to Giannis’ progression has been increased efficiency in isolations as his FG% has steadily climbed from below 40% to near 50% the last two seasons: 38.9% in 2015-16, 37.8%, 39.2%, 42.9%, 43.4%, 49.1%, and 48.5% in 2021-22. One red flag to watch with Giannis is his propensity to turn the ball over in isolations; his 13.8% turnover rate on isos is second only to Westbrook (15.2%) among the 42 players that average at least two iso possessions per game.

https://www.nba.com/news/harden-durant-derozan-lead-top-isolation-scorers

Return to Player Comparisons