ImageImageImageImageImage

Thibs Got To Go

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

rayraypico
Sophomore
And1: 116

Thibs Got To Go 

Post#1 » by rayraypico » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:16 pm

I know he was coach of the year, and we completely overachieved in part to the defense that was established but he has not adapted this year...he is old and stubborn. Ask Twolves fans...I am sure this wont come as a surprise.

Wizards game last night is a prime example. We drafted Grimes in the first round...look what sucessful teams do with their picks (Raptors). Grimes is a Thibs type of player in every way exept the fact that he is a rookie. The Stubborn old man played Eddie House and Dot (16mins) in front of Grimes. Essentially you sign 2 g league players off the scrap heap and they end up in front of your future. If I was Scott Perry I would lose my ****.

Lets look at this even further at the half Fournier who plays no defense is 1-9 at the half...yet he gets 38 mins while your pick is buried on the bench

Even worse your top pick from 2 years ago gets lost on the bench, while you play Taj at the SF position even if its only 6-7 minutes what are you thinking?

On another level we all saw Mitch didnt have it last night and was in foul trouble...Randle was being Randle....why wouldnt you take that opportunity to put Randle at the center and Obi at the PF. I love Sims but not at Obi's expense...plus you cover up Randles flaws if he has to play center.

In an ideal world Obi, Grimes, Mcbride all come back and get a minimum of 15-20 minutes per night. Hell Grimes, McBride should be a Thibs wet dream, they play D at a elite level and can shoot.
.thats what we are missing. Yet they are glued to the bench in favor of 10 day contracts, Taj out of position, No D Fournier, all while No Handle Randle brings the ball up the court for the eventual turnover.

Open your f....ing eyes Thibs

[instagram]r.u.serious.bro[/instagram]

Visit my instagram for some stupid **** daily @R.U.Serious.Bro

Please see my Missing Persons Report - Looming for Leon Rose who is missing in action

Warning some insta posts are NSFW
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Re: Thibs Got To Go 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:18 pm

He's a great tank commander. Keep him. The idiot had Taj, Mitch and Randle on the floor vs. Boston. He's scott brooks with less hair, a complete by the book no innovation stooge.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#3 » by Fat » Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:24 pm

Nah
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
TKKnicks1
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,409

Post#4 » by TKKnicks1 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:31 pm

Thibs will be fine. He is the best coach we have had in a long time. His love affair with Randle does need to tone down a bit but thats another story for another day.

I am thinking Grimes, RJ and Obi all didn't play due to conditioning. Obi did not look like himself in his limited time out there. Majority of COVID symptoms are respiratory related so conditioning is definitely gonna take a hit. May take a week or so and several games for these guys to get their wind back.
~I Believe!~
KnixtapeH20
General Manager
And1: 14,476

Post#5 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Cosign I'm done with him. The excuses are unbearable to listen to.

Last night was the final straw. Why he says he didn't play Grimes? "Yea uh he didn't get cleared till late so we didn't get a chance to go thru a run thru with him, so yea that's the way we went" what an absolute moron.

He says he played house bc he just got here so he wanted to get his feet wet..... . WHAT???

Says he played Dot bc he's been here before so he kinda knows the system or something..

Done, he's a stubborn maniac.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 28,565

Post#6 » by Fat Kat » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:04 pm

You cannot simply discard otherwise capable people every time they have a bad stretch. It’s an immature, and overly reactive way to go about business. Have some herbal tea and relax
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,267

Post#7 » by rajajackal » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:05 pm

i trust thibs with a good roster. front office has to make adjustments to the team
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#8 » by Marty McFly » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:06 pm

then we get another coach, team still butt, then the FO realizes Randle isn't a Batman, they try to trade him, they get promptly fired, a new FO is hired and then they trade Randle.

Rinse, repeat.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
KnixtapeH20
General Manager

Post#9 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Fat Kat wrote:You cannot simply discard otherwise capable people every time they have a bad stretch. It’s an immature, and overly reactive way to go about business. Have some herbal tea and relax

Nah bro this man will play any vet over our talented youth it's enough. He may know how to win but at what expense and when the wins ain't coming?
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,307

Post#10 » by cgmw » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:13 pm

Yeah we should just fire the entire FO again after a couple years because that’s clearly working in the longterm. Let's just keep hiring and firing unqualified executives and cycling through coaches. Totally been working out great for the 20+ years of Dolan post-Van Gundy.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,217

Post#11 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Marty McFly wrote:then we get another coach, team still butt, then the FO realizes Randle isn't a Batman, they try to trade him, they get promptly fired, a new FO is hired and then they trade Randle.

Rinse, repeat.

When you have a terrible owner it breeds incompetence on every level.

The Knicks SHOULD fire Rose and Thibodeau because they should have never been hired in the first place. Rose has no track record at all and Thibodeau’s style worked 10 years ago. Now you’ll see how the fruits of Dolan’s labor while we mire in the 8-10 spot for a few years because “we can’t fire the best coach we’ve had in years!” and eventually they will all be fired and the process will begin again. And it won’t end until Dolan is gone - because Dolan has never built a proper front office and empowered it the way he should have.

Yes, Thibodeau is a respected coach. He’s a good coach. But he’s not going to win anything in the modern day NBA unless he’s coaching an all vet team. He actually would fit much better on the Lakers. Maybe then he can latch on to LeBron instead of latching his entire Knicks career on to Julius fuggin Randle.
New York Knicks franchise W-L record as of 9/2/22 since James L Dolan assumed full ownership (2001):

673-1,007
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#12 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Hes_On_Fire wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:then we get another coach, team still butt, then the FO realizes Randle isn't a Batman, they try to trade him, they get promptly fired, a new FO is hired and then they trade Randle.

Rinse, repeat.

When you have a terrible owner it breeds incompetence on every level.

The Knicks SHOULD fire Rose and Thibodeau because they should have never been hired in the first place. Rose has no track record at all and Thibodeau’s style worked 10 years ago. Now you’ll see how the fruits of Dolan’s labor while we mire in the 8-10 spot for a few years because “we can’t fire the best coach we’ve had in years!” and eventually they will all be fired and the process will begin again. And it won’t end until Dolan is gone - because Dolan has never built a proper front office and empowered it the way he should have.

Yes, Thibodeau is a respected coach. He’s a good coach. But he’s not going to win anything in the modern day NBA unless he’s coaching an all vet team. He actually would fit much better on the Lakers. Maybe then he can latch on to LeBron instead of latching his entire Knicks career on to Julius fuggin Randle.

That’s it. Thibs is not a rebuild coach by a long shot and this club is already in tear-down condition under Leon Rose’s management.

There’s only one shot left in Rose’s holster which is to sell Thibs and then Dolan on a rebuild since we might have a few kids to work with already and tons of picks.

Yeah, won’t happen, so …………… doom, etc.
ImageImageImage
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,610

Post#13 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:25 pm

Think it’s on the FO at this point.
KnixtapeH20
General Manager

Post#14 » by KnixtapeH20 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:50 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Think it’s on the FO at this point.

I cant tell what to make of Leon & co still.... We have no idea what they're even about. They're so tight lipped which we used to be begging for but we've out so much blind trust into them what do we even know?

I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt still but they shouldn't have to charter a roster to keep Thibs from hurting himself it's so dumb
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#15 » by god shammgod » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:58 pm

the front office has been worse. but the coach goes first. that's how it works. i doubt anyone gets fired this year though. last year bought them some good will. next year they better not look like this though. or it's over for thibs.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#16 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:the front office has been worse. but the coach goes first. that's how it works. i doubt anyone gets fired this year though. last year bought them some good will. next year they better not look like this though. or it's over for thibs.

Your timing is right. Normally

However, the X factor is we're losing at a big clip at home

Boos are starting. If it reaches a crescendo, and it really could, then all bets are off
ImageImageImage
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,235

Post#17 » by Zenzibar » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:12 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Think it’s on the FO at this point.

Exactly.

As much as I like the FO, the decision to give Evan that contract fk'd up. Who the fk gives a defensive minded coach a no defense playing shooting guard and a no defense scoring point guard. That to go along with a dubious non defensive minded 4.

The FO is to blame here, one can't single out Thibs.
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#18 » by 2010 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Now I ain’t gonna say fire the God, but cut off the pinky-ring finger or some schit :lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#19 » by god shammgod » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:14 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
god shammgod wrote:the front office has been worse. but the coach goes first. that's how it works. i doubt anyone gets fired this year though. last year bought them some good will. next year they better not look like this though. or it's over for thibs.

Your timing is right. Normally

However, the X factor is we're losing at a big clip at home

Boos are starting. If it reaches a crescendo, and it really could, then all bets are off

the boos seem to be really only directed at randle though. it's not those "we're disgusted by this whole team's effort" boos we used to hear. that comes more when you're getting blown out. the knicks were in this game. or at least appeared to be.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#20 » by DOT » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:14 pm

I was never the biggest fan of the Thibs hire, but it's more on the FO for doubling down on mediocre vets than it is on him

He's not a "bad" coach, per se, but he's not really a good coach either. He is better than any coach we've had since maybe Van Gundy, but we could do better

I'm not just gonna fire him to fire him, I'd move on from him when I know there's a better coach available. And it's more the FO who needs to get fired or rethink their priorities than him

But, Thibs isn't making it all the way with us. He might be our Mark Jackson or Dwane Casey, though.
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks