Luka in COVID 19 Protocol 

Post#1 » by fuller4379 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:21 pm

Read on Twitter
XTraderXL
Sixth Man
And1: 1,342

Re: Luka in COVID 19 Protocol 

Post#2 » by XTraderXL » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:45 am

Fat people are more likely to suffer complications so all the best to Luka.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#3 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:07 am

XTraderXL wrote:Fat people are more likely to suffer complications so all the best to Luka.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#4 » by arkuo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:14 am

Luka will treat this as an extended thanksgiving meal and eat 5 times a day. He'll look like James Corden when January rolls around.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#5 » by Bob8 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:31 am

XTraderXL wrote:Fat people are more likely to suffer complications so all the best to Luka.

On the other hand, if you don't have a taste, you might eat less. So there's a hope.

On the serious note, there're quite a few sportsmen, who needed months to be totally ok after Covid-19. I hope that doesn't happen to any of Mavs' players.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,339

Post#6 » by Mavrelous » Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:43 am

Bob8 wrote:

On the other hand, if you don't have a taste, you might eat less. So there's a hope.

On the serious note, there're quite a few sportsmen, who needed months to be totally ok after Covid-19. I hope that doesn't happen to any of Mavs' players.

Just from looking at my surroundings, and from freind's wife who's an ER doctor, the disease in less than the one from last winter and last summer (last summer was delta dominated and it was a bitch).
I hope Luka is fine, he can use the quarantine for more rest.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by XTraderXL » Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:06 am

Bob8 wrote:

I just went through it myself last week. 2 days of feeling uncomfortable, basically a light flu. I got sick on Tuesday, was feeling more or less ok by Thursday and lost my sense of smell and taste on Friday morning. So strange.

It would be really easy not to eat because you cant smell or taste anything but I lose weight extremely quickly if I dont hit my daily Cal maintenance so I put in the effort and kept eating normally even though I couldnt taste a thing. The taste started coming back slowly on Monday and I am probably at around 70-80% now. So if Luka has same/similar symptoms, he will be fine and the loss of taste could be a great opportunity for him to drop some weight.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#8 » by arkuo » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:13 am

It's a lesson for Luka to take things slow and rest at times. Kid thinks he's the great white hope of basketball, and went straight to the olympics after the playoffs. Smoked hooka and partied a bit too hard. Entered the 2021 season out of shape, without a medal, and likely another 1st round exit this year. So technically all that pedal to the metal stuff is just one step forward, two steps back.

If I were the Mavs, just use this season to pump KP's stats. Then you can probably use him in a trade for something useful next summer. Luka + Jokic + all star two way wingman would be nice.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#9 » by leolozon » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:40 am

Ouch, even O'Connor who has been a big Luka fan is being negative.

"Luka is a generational talent, but he's not a generational worker. Luka hasn't improved physically since he was a rookie, and his game hasn't come far since his 2nd season. He remains an inconsistent 3pt shooter. He hasn't cut down on TOs. He's one of the most inactive players without the ball in his hands. At one point, he.advanced on defense, but he's been worse this season. In a league full of players investing (...) into their bodies and skills, does Luka do everything that he can?"
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#10 » by Mavrelous » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:57 am

I'm not worried about Luka, what he did last PO was unreal, the team nust needs to find its rytham, trade fir a scoring guard and physical big, Luka will be fine.

Sent from my SM-N986B using RealGM mobile app
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#11 » by XTraderXL » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:50 pm

leolozon wrote:Ouch, even O'Connor who has been a big Luka fan is being negative.

"Luka is a generational talent, but he's not a generational worker. Luka hasn't improved physically since he was a rookie, and his game hasn't come far since his 2nd season. He remains an inconsistent 3pt shooter. He hasn't cut down on TOs. He's one of the most inactive players without the ball in his hands. At one point, he.advanced on defense, but he's been worse this season. In a league full of players investing (...) into their bodies and skills, does Luka do everything that he can?"

He is not wrong. Luka has never been accused of being a hard worker. The only thing he works hard at is his overeating.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by XTraderXL » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:54 pm

KhalilS wrote:I'm not worried about Luka, what he did last PO was unreal, the team nust needs to find its rytham, trade fir a scoring guard and physical big, Luka will be fine.

Last year I was optimistic about Luka when his start of the season was similar to what we see this year. But it looked different. This year he just looks disinterested and unmotivated. I dont expect him to improve much this season. Maybe next year if he can find the motivation to get in shape during the summer.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#13 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:01 pm

XTraderXL wrote:
KhalilS wrote:I'm not worried about Luka, what he did last PO was unreal, the team nust needs to find its rytham, trade fir a scoring guard and physical big, Luka will be fine.

Last year I was optimistic about Luka when his start of the season was similar to what we see this year. But it looked different. This year he just looks disinterested and unmotivated. I dont expect him to improve much this season. Maybe next year if he can find the motivation to get in shape during the summer.

He is wrong for sure because a professional basketball player has to be in the best shape every year... no excuses for this.
But i can understand him, for a guy like him play without chance of win is demotivating, average 40-10-10 in the PO and go home in the first round every year is very frustrating.

It's risky for Cuban to continue in this way.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#14 » by Mavrelous » Fri Dec 31, 2021 4:06 pm

XTraderXL wrote:

Look around you, many people are cruising in the RS, and turn it on the PO.
I don't think he has much to improve over last PO, except FT shooting, and maybe late game conditioning.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by XTraderXL » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:13 pm

KhalilS wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

Look around you, many people are cruising in the RS, and turn it on the PO.
I don't think he has much to improve over last PO, except FT shooting, and maybe late game conditioning.

At least those players are more or less winning. Dallas is currently under .500 and even when he is playing they are barely above .500. Also when he is on the court Dallas is negative. They won multiple games this year because the bench saved their butts. Luka has consistently been a negative on the court this season and they had more than usual number of blowouts with him playing. They had none without him and they played a few very good teams. Luka has been unprofessional, playing way below expectations and behaving like a spoilt child this year. Very disappointing and if he is honest with himself, he sees it the same way.
XTraderXL
Sixth Man

Post#16 » by XTraderXL » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:17 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
XTraderXL wrote:

He is wrong for sure because a professional basketball player has to be in the best shape every year... no excuses for this.
But i can understand him, for a guy like him play without chance of win is demotivating, average 40-10-10 in the PO and go home in the first round every year is very frustrating.

It's risky for Cuban to continue in this way.

If he was better in the regular season and finish the RS in top 4 (which is very achievable this season), he would have had a great chance to get out of 1st round. Especially with Covid situation where things are so fluid in regards to who will be available to play in the PO. This is the year in which almost any PO team can realistically win the ring. He should be ready for such an opportunity if it presents itself.

Return to Dallas Mavericks