ImageImageImageImageImage

Randle Regrests Gesture - Apologizes

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,060

Re: Randle Regrests Gesture - Apologizes 

Post#61 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:47 pm

GONYK wrote:I think it is worth pointing out that nowhere in his statement did he ever actually apologize

He didn't own it, nor did he make an actual apology. Just a generic PR move.

He should've either gone full Westbrook, or written a real apology where he actually explains his mindset at the time.

He half-assed it, which is stupid because this in-between stuff only puts him a lose-lose situation.

I swear he can't get any decision right these days :lol:
Spree2Houston
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,734

Post#62 » by Spree2Houston » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:48 pm

BlueAndOrange33 wrote:If I were Julius Randle. I wouldn't take the boos personal. I'd wear them as a badge of honor.

Because it's sad to say but I witnessed New Yorkers boo both of Derek Jeter @ Yankee Stadium they booed him not even 20 games into his season and this was even after already winning 3 World Series Championships and all because he was batting under .200 and not even 20 games into the season? It was heartless.

And also Patrick Ewing. I witnessed Madison Square Garden boo our legend. They booed him for an entire game and they booed him every time he touched the ball. It was disheartening to watch. He was already aging, his knees were on ice and he'd already given his heart and soul to New York City basketball. And MSG booed him? It was sad to see.

Love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down types of New York fans booed both of Derek Jeter and Patrick Ewing.

Fans also take their years of frustration out on Rookie kids getting drafted. Booed Porziņgis on draft night and many of others who've came before him. Some way of welcoming kids into New York. Some say it's tradition. I feel it's disgusting. Because first impressions can become lasting impressions (especially come Free Agency).

Hopefully one day MSG faithful will learn that booing players doesn't work. It hasn't worked since dating back to after 1972-1973. If anything. Booing your best player doesn't help him break out of a slump. It only causes them to feel more pressure and become more stressed out. And to shoot more in order to win the fans back.But it's never worked.

Some think Julius Randle is playing with a lack of effort or energy. But he's not. He's fatigued @ times. Coach Thibs rides him like a work horse. He plays him almost 40 minutes per game. Almost running him into the ground. And before covid protocol dating back to last year + this year Julius Randle had only missed 1 game. We shouldn't confuse fatigue with lack of effort.

I felt bad for Julius Randle. He gave his all to NYC basketball last year. And maybe he's just trying too hard this year to become an All-Star again. But to boo him and boo him in front of his child? And as fans we then expect him not to react as if he's not a human and/or if he's emotionless?

I'm personally glad he gave a thumbs down followed by telling MSG faithful to STFU. Those were probably the same fans who boo every innocent Rookie kid drafted and also the same fans who booed Patrick Ewing.

Don't take it personal Julius Randle. Wear those boo birds with a badge of honor. It just means you're the best player on the team.

lol NYK Mentality
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,175

Post#63 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:00 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
BlueAndOrange33 wrote:If I were Julius Randle. I wouldn't take the boos personal. I'd wear them as a badge of honor.

Because it's sad to say but I witnessed New Yorkers boo both of Derek Jeter @ Yankee Stadium they booed him not even 20 games into his season and this was even after already winning 3 World Series Championships and all because he was batting under .200 and not even 20 games into the season? It was heartless.

And also Patrick Ewing. I witnessed Madison Square Garden boo our legend. They booed him for an entire game and they booed him every time he touched the ball. It was disheartening to watch. He was already aging, his knees were on ice and he'd already given his heart and soul to New York City basketball. And MSG booed him? It was sad to see.

Love you while you're up before kicking you while you're down types of New York fans booed both of Derek Jeter and Patrick Ewing.

Fans also take their years of frustration out on Rookie kids getting drafted. Booed Porziņgis on draft night and many of others who've came before him. Some way of welcoming kids into New York. Some say it's tradition. I feel it's disgusting. Because first impressions can become lasting impressions (especially come Free Agency).

Hopefully one day MSG faithful will learn that booing players doesn't work. It hasn't worked since dating back to after 1972-1973. If anything. Booing your best player doesn't help him break out of a slump. It only causes them to feel more pressure and become more stressed out. And to shoot more in order to win the fans back.But it's never worked.

Some think Julius Randle is playing with a lack of effort or energy. But he's not. He's fatigued @ times. Coach Thibs rides him like a work horse. He plays him almost 40 minutes per game. Almost running him into the ground. And before covid protocol dating back to last year + this year Julius Randle had only missed 1 game. We shouldn't confuse fatigue with lack of effort.

I felt bad for Julius Randle. He gave his all to NYC basketball last year. And maybe he's just trying too hard this year to become an All-Star again. But to boo him and boo him in front of his child? And as fans we then expect him not to react as if he's not a human and/or if he's emotionless?

I'm personally glad he gave a thumbs down followed by telling MSG faithful to STFU. Those were probably the same fans who boo every innocent Rookie kid drafted and also the same fans who booed Patrick Ewing.

Don't take it personal Julius Randle. Wear those boo birds with a badge of honor. It just means you're the best player on the team.

lol NYK Mentality

Ruh Roh, Chanel has essay competition
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Post#64 » by Oscirus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:01 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
GONYK wrote:I think it is worth pointing out that nowhere in his statement did he ever actually apologize

He should've either gone full Westbrook, or written a real apology where he actually explains his mindset at the time.

He half-assed it, which is stupid because this in-between stuff only puts him a lose-lose situation.

I swear he can't get any decision right these days :lol:

At this point, you'd figure the knicks pr people wouldve been on it, but nope, they legit let him release that as is.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,868

Post#65 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:31 pm

Oscirus wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:

I swear he can't get any decision right these days

At this point, you'd figure the knicks pr people wouldve been on it, but nope, they legit let him release that as is.

More likely, that's the best they could do, since he meant what he did and didn't want to actually apologize.

I don't really care, personally. I'm just saying that he's clearly not sorry.
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#66 » by Oscirus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:41 pm

GONYK wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:He didn't own it, nor did he make an actual apology. Just a generic PR move.

I swear he can't get any decision right these days

More likely, that's the best they could do, since he meant what he did and didn't want to actually apologize.

Eh they couldve had someone type it up. Its not like he actually read it out loud.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#67 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:08 pm

Oscirus wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Oscirus wrote:At this point, you'd figure the knicks pr people wouldve been on it, but nope, they legit let him release that as is.

Eh they couldve had someone type it up. Its not like he actually read it out loud.

I found a text to audio site and pasted in Randle's apology just so I could hear it in its full robotic glory
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#68 » by Oscirus » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:03 pm

After seeing this i can see why hed middle finger it up. Melo was able to get top 10 even when he was injured, wtf ny

RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#69 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:14 am

The second update in All-Star fan voting was released on Thursday and still only one Knick has cracked the top-10 at his position: Derrick Rose. The veteran point guard, currently sidelined after undergoing ankle surgery on Dec. 22, placed seventh among Eastern Conference guards. No Knicks are included in the East’s top-10 front-court vote getters.

Great job NYK fans. Keep this bum out of the All Star Game at all costs. Humble him!

:lol:

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,234

Post#70 » by Zenzibar » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:33 pm

Read on Twitter
RealGM

Post#71 » by 2010 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Blah blah blah. Just proud of my fellow Knicks fans for not showing up to the All Star voting polls for this BUMB.

#humblehim

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#72 » by nedleeds » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah well he realized pulling that 3rd grader pouting tampax **** was going to get him ripped in front of his wife and kid every time he touched the ball. He's on his best behavior because he got yelled at, just like a 3rd grader.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Clyde_Style
RealGM

Post#73 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:58 pm

Randle googling to see if his favorite gumbo joints in NO are still open for business
ImageImageImage
Oscirus
RealGM

Post#74 » by Oscirus » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:20 pm

Read on Twitter
ophdog
Rookie
And1: 716

Post#75 » by ophdog » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:37 pm

I have a gut feeling Randle is gone soon. I know it sounds silly but that thumbs down I really feel changed things enough that it gives the FO a chance to move him maybe they felt would not of been received well
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 958

Post#76 » by NowWHYcee7 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:01 am

He shouldn't have to apologize for anything. If that's how he was feeling at the time, I don't see the problem.

We making a big deal about a thumbs down? Ny going soft.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 958

Post#77 » by NowWHYcee7 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:05 am

vallen wrote:Its Cool Jules. Just look at the comments in this thread and you should feel zero need to apologize. NY fans may be the most passionate, but they are also the most douchey of all fans and thats saying something considering Boston exists.

I was born and raised here my whole life but I'm not afraid to say that the whole "tough Nyer" thing is a bit of a myth.

Nyers are just loud....we like to be seen and heard. That's it. 90% of these fans booing these athletes would ask for their autograph in the street like a groupie.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#78 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:01 am

Zenzibar wrote:
Read on Twitter

i stopped after 2 seconds because if you are mic'd up, you're gonna ham it up.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
RealGM

Post#79 » by 2010 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:42 am

NowWHYcee7 wrote:He shouldn't have to apologize for anything. If that's how he was feeling at the time, I don't see the problem.

We making a big deal about a thumbs down? Ny going soft.

Was your thought process the same when it was Baez and Lindor?

louisorr
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,386

Post#80 » by louisorr » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:59 am

My favorite part of the Cam trade is not having to give a f what charlottes record is.

edit-wrong thread

Return to New York Knicks