Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,724

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#161 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:32 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:I mean, this is the guy who just said recently that matchups were "an excuse to bench him." Like an undersized big man who doesn't rebound, defend, stretch the floor or show up in the playoffs is still entitled to minutes just because.

esqtvd wrote:Undersized 2nd-round overachiever who outplays his contract and his talent. You gotta work around his limitations because it's doubtful he'll ever get the tactical aspects of the game. You do what Beal is doing, give him lots of love and support--which he needs desperately psychologically--and get the most and best you can out of him.

No different than what the Lakers did with Rambis and Mark Landsberger before him--go as hard as you can as long as you can and damn the torpedoes!!

IMO Trezz was a fantastic role player for us (emphasis on both 'fantastic' and 'role'), and I'll always fondly remember those telepathic pick'n'rolls with Lou. He does have a tremendous chip on his shoulder which can show up in inopportune moments, but it's also what drives him on the court. So with him you gotta take the bad with the good, both in terms of his emotions and his skillset on the floor.

Doc did overplay him at times, but Trezz also really came into his own under Doc.

It's only truly a shame he wasn't a better defender, most grinder types are good defenders. Had he been a better defender he might still be with us as he'd be able to play more positive minutes and justify the larger contract he was looking for when he left in free agency.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#162 » by esqtvd » Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:08 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Undersized 2nd-round overachiever who outplays his contract and his talent. You gotta work around his limitations because it's doubtful he'll ever get the tactical aspects of the game. You do what Beal is doing, give him lots of love and support--which he needs desperately psychologically--and get the most and best you can out of him.

No different than what the Lakers did with Rambis and Mark Landsberger before him--go as hard as you can as long as you can and damn the torpedoes!!

IMO Trezz was a fantastic role player for us (emphasis on both 'fantastic' and 'role'), and I'll always fondly remember those telepathic pick'n'rolls with Lou. He does have a tremendous chip on his shoulder which can show up in inopportune moments, but it's also what drives him on the court. So with him you gotta take the bad with the good, both in terms of his emotions and his skillset on the floor.

Doc did overplay him at times, but Trezz also really came into his own under Doc.

It's only truly a shame he wasn't a better defender, most grinder types are good defenders. Had he been a better defender he might still be with us as he'd be able to play more positive minutes and justify the larger contract he was looking for when he left in free agency.

Yeah, Trezz is a two-edged sword. You really don't want him playing more than 20 minutes--if you need him for more, it means your starting center can't cut it for 28. [Although Zu also came into his own under Doc--such as it is.]

After his run-ins with PG, there was simply no way to keep him. Fortunately, PG got the message even though the price was running Trezz out. Last night's embarrassment v the Spurs was just the sort of game Trezz's chip on the shoulder would have come in handy.

Dude plays angry and this bunch is particularly short on the aggression side.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,178

Post#163 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:17 am

Read on Twitter

This can't be right - I was told that Trez was never a problem in the locker room, and all the drama we had two years ago was Kawhi and PG's fault somehow.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#164 » by NickP » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:38 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

This can't be right - I was told that Trez was never a problem in the locker room, and all the drama we had two years ago was Kawhi and PG's fault somehow.

Maybe only Doc gets him? :D
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#165 » by clipsfever » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Maybe only Lou Will. gets him.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,271

Post#166 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:53 pm

anyone surprised? just glad he's not here anymore.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#167 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Anyone else notice how Trez says things like this about every team he plays for, every season? :dontknow:
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#168 » by Kelphus » Mon Feb 7, 2022 6:54 am

I can't believe this thread is still alive. This is why I post less on the board these days. Wasting bandwidth on hate posts against former players or coaches.

If we're going to hate past players, let's do it right.

Stojko Vrankovic was awful! Worst Clipper ever! Let's start a thread on that ASAP.
Also Michael Olowakandi, another thread! Let's go posters, let's go!
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,212

Post#169 » by Clemenza » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:30 am

Trez, Trez, Trez
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#170 » by Kelphus » Mon Feb 7, 2022 2:33 pm

Clemenza wrote:Trez, Trez, Trez
:D :D :D
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#171 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Feb 7, 2022 3:32 pm

Kelphus wrote:I can't believe this thread is still alive. This is why I post less on the board these days. Wasting bandwidth on hate posts against former players or coaches.

Stojko Vrankovic was awful! Worst Clipper ever! Let's start a thread on that ASAP.

Protip: If you don't like a thread, nobody's forcing you to read it.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#172 » by nickhx2 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:08 pm

maybe don't click the post or read about it if you don't like the subject matter. you seem to do this thing where you dislike the content, and then start yapping and judging the board for when they actually do want to discuss it, even when it has some relevance. it's a community board, it's not "one dude's board to dictate the topics to talk about that don't offend his sensibilities." and that you try to make it reductive as hate towards past players by going "WHATABOUT WHATABOUT" is either missing the point or is purposely disingenuous.

not that i care anything about harrell these days but he IS still relevant to plenty of people because he was one of the most egregious factors in the collapse against denver a couple years ago, along with doc. and then for him to have the audacity to go bitch to the media and try to put the others in a negative light when he was the biggest black hole on chemistry, AND he was literally the worst player on the floor in that series, is something else. while personally i'm past the "i told you so" phase with him and doc, there is a non-zero percent contingent of posters (and outside basketball fans) who try to deflect their accountability, and that's why these types of threads exist. i won't say some people aren't petty about it, but most aren't, and in the end most just want to feel vindicated. and rightfully so.

had harrell left on good terms and literally hadn't said single word about the clippers or the players, the most people would say is he was a poor fit for the team and they'd easily move on. but that's not what happened and that's why fans of the team and players don't so easily move on.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#173 » by esqtvd » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:28 pm

Kelphus wrote:I can't believe this thread is still alive. This is why I post less on the board these days. Wasting bandwidth on hate posts against former players or coaches.

empty barrels lol

Trezz turned out to be right about KL and Pandemic P and their private dressing room and sense of entitlement etc.

fortunately their embarrassment in the Bubble shocked them into getting their heads on straight
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#174 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:32 pm

There isn't any truth to the nonsense that Trez was spewing about other players to deflect from his own abysmal playoff performance and negative presence in the locker room. He's complained loudly in the media about teammates/coaches on almost every team he's played for, but we're not supposed to notice that he's the common denominator. Or that the Lakers and Wizards both got worse as soon as he arrived with his drama.

But yes, thankfully the Bubble embarrassment shocked the Clippers into getting their heads on straight and moving on from Doc and Trez.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#175 » by esqtvd » Mon Feb 7, 2022 10:48 pm

Jan 4, 2020:

When the ball did go up, the sleepy Clippers got their doors blown off. At home. Memphis put up 40 points in the first quarter, led by as many as 18 early, and cruised to a 140-114 win in Staples Center where they were clearly the better team all afternoon.

Postgame, the Clippers had a lot more energy than they showed on the court — and they were their own harshest critics.

“We’re not a great team. We’re not a great team…” Clippers’ center Montrezl Harrell said. “I think that’s what we need to realize and wake up. We’re a team that still has to figure out things to win night in and night-out.”

“No defense, no communication, no energy…” is how Kawhi Leonard described the Clippers’ effort, noting this is not the first time Los Angeles has been flat like this. “We’ve had a lot of wake up calls. I feel like it’s the middle of the season and some of the mistakes that we’re making, we shouldn’t be making at this time.”

Things got so bad that in the fourth quarter that the 25-12 Clippers heard boos from the home fans.

“Us as a team that should wake you up,” Harrell said of the boos. “Losing by 20-plus points on your home floor, getting embarrassed, and booed by your home fans, that should wake anybody up.”
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#176 » by og15 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:40 pm

This is what threads are for, the goal should of the forum isn't to control what people are allowed to talk about as long as it is Clippers related, or even general NBA related, such as our Around the NBA thread. The goal is to keep things civil, decently organized and keep discussions in the best places possible, Eg: Trez discussion in a Trez thread, not game threads, etc.

If people want to talk about Trez, they can do it in here and hopefully it stays away from other threads, that's a thread doing its job. The beauty about it is that one never has to click and read a thread they find uninteresting or dumb. I generally don't click this thread as Trez isn't specifically interesting to me, but the random revival of the Doc being fired thread and the post in it made me look at random threads to see what was up.
nickhx2
RealGM

Post#177 » by nickhx2 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:23 am

also it's your JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#178 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 9, 2022 5:13 am

og15 wrote:

This is what threads are for, the goal should of the forum isn't to control what people are allowed to talk about as long as it is Clippers related, or even general NBA related, such as our Around the NBA thread. The goal is to keep things civil, decently organized and keep discussions in the best places possible, Eg: Trez discussion in a Trez thread, not game threads, etc.

If people want to talk about Trez, they can do it in here and hopefully it stays away from other threads, that's a thread doing its job. The beauty about it is that one never has to click and read a thread they find uninteresting or dumb. I generally don't click this thread as Trez isn't specifically interesting to me, but the random revival of the Doc being fired thread and the post in it made me look at random threads to see what was up.

That WAS Kelphus's point when he brought back the DOC thread from 2+ years ago. Put it THERE.

Douchebagging Doc in 2022 is BULLH**IT. He HIRED Laurence Frank AND Ty Lue and is doing admirably managing the clusterf*ck in Philly.

MOVE TF ON
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 913

Post#179 » by NickP » Wed Feb 9, 2022 3:49 pm

Threads like these are alive for a reason. Trez blamed Kawhi and PG for the treatment they got but was mum on LeBron or AD. Anyone thinks they don't get the royal treatment over there?
Trez then bad mouthed the Lakers when he was traded. And now he's doing the same in Washington.
To this day I don't understand why anyone is apologizing for this dude?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#180 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Feb 9, 2022 8:59 pm

NickP wrote:To this day I don't understand why anyone is apologizing for this dude?

It's literally just one guy apologizing for Trez, and he doesn't even care about Trez in particular, he's just trying to revise history for his favorite coach.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers