ImageImageImageImageImage

All Star voting update.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

All Star voting update. 

Post#1 » by alienchild » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:25 pm

FVV moving up, Pascal drawing attention.

Read on Twitter
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Re: All Star voting update. 

Post#2 » by Ref_from_hell » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:27 pm

Rose and Irving being up there is so stupid. Fan voting sucks
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,341

Post#3 » by alpngso » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:30 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:Rose and Irving being up there is so stupid. Fan voting sucks

I votes for Zaza before so yeah it sucks. Good thing it only counts for 50% of the vote
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,439

Post#4 » by mtcan » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:34 pm

No Alex Caruso in the top 5 voting is good to see at least.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,621

Post#5 » by Bruin » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:34 pm

Seriously hope Wiggins doesn’t get in as a starter. Would be a complete disgrace to the fan voting system. Gobert deserves it
dontsettle4less
Senior
And1: 343

Post#6 » by dontsettle4less » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:40 pm

They should really have it so that after the voting is complete, one player from each team is selected then it goes to the highest votes for the remainder of players, at least then fans from each market would have a representative to watch. I think the coach should get voted in too, not just based on record. It would make it more interesting in my opinion. The celebrity game should get teams chosen by two fans who win a contest, like how the current allstar teams are chosen.
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,098

Post#7 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:50 pm

Gsw about to have 4 all stars… again lmao
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,754

Post#8 » by Badonkadonk » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:58 pm

Nice to see the positive momentum, especially for Fred.

I know he'll likely fall short, but I think it still makes for a statement to see players who deserve it rising. Players are teams are also social-media savvy and it's cool when they chime in and at a minimum, it keeps guys like Fred buzzing when there's decisions to be made on the non-starters and injury fill-ins.
bape_lovers
RealGM
And1: 17,911

Post#9 » by bape_lovers » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:54 pm

how does CP3 has less votes than Russ? also, do i see LMA? didnt know he has that many fans

Credit to JaysRule, Detective
KawhiSoSerious
Junior
And1: 504

Post#10 » by KawhiSoSerious » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:36 pm

dontsettle4less wrote:They should really have it so that after the voting is complete, one player from each team is selected then it goes to the highest votes for the remainder of players, at least then fans from each market would have a representative to watch. I think the coach should get voted in too, not just based on record. It would make it more interesting in my opinion. The celebrity game should get teams chosen by two fans who win a contest, like how the current allstar teams are chosen.

So you want up to 19 players on each team?

And you want some deserving All Stars to stay home because of a technicality?
dontsettle4less
Senior

Post#11 » by dontsettle4less » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 pm

KawhiSoSerious wrote:
dontsettle4less wrote:They should really have it so that after the voting is complete, one player from each team is selected then it goes to the highest votes for the remainder of players, at least then fans from each market would have a representative to watch. I think the coach should get voted in too, not just based on record. It would make it more interesting in my opinion. The celebrity game should get teams chosen by two fans who win a contest, like how the current allstar teams are chosen.

Why not have more players haha, might as well. Current format already lets in people who shouldn't be allstars, so what's the difference. People vote in people who don't belong there repeatedly.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,137

Post#12 » by xAIRNESSx » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:13 pm

Wiggy has moved up to third in West forwards.
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,575

Post#13 » by mdenny » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:19 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:Rose and Irving being up there is so stupid. Fan voting sucks

This is why the freddie all-star stuff does not bother me.
KawhiSoSerious
Junior
And1: 504

Post#14 » by KawhiSoSerious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 pm

dontsettle4less wrote:
KawhiSoSerious wrote:

Why not have more players haha, might as well. Current format already lets in people who shouldn't be allstars, so what's the difference. People vote in people who don't belong there repeatedly.

There are already players who are left out because of crap voting, so your response to that is to make sure even MORE players who are deserving are left out, in order to make sure every team gets a participation ribbon? While at the same time making sure that the players you actually want to see get as little playing time as possible?
dontsettle4less
Senior

Post#15 » by dontsettle4less » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:07 pm

By players you want see, that is a biased point, which is the whole point of rewarding the stars of each team. Instead of seeing washed up players get voted in by people who barely watch basketball why not reward the actual ALLSTARS on each team that should be an ALLSTAR. Instead of voting for joe blow who's been injured the whole year or hasn't been playing or played 5 games or plays backup minutes. Your whole point is based on a biased opinion of who we want to see. Who is who we want to see. Everyone knows who leads each team. Mind you you're right, there's too many teams out there to give in your words "participation ribbons" but voting in old players who are shells of their former selves who decided to make a super team is BS. Like voting in a washed up melo, westbrook, injured lillard, injured kawhi, injured paul george, just stuff like that. Makes no sense.
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,791

Post#16 » by Quattro » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:39 am

Update on all star voting: our previous conclusion that fans are clueless idiots is confirmed.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#17 » by refshateRaps » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:48 am

xAIRNESSx wrote:Wiggy has moved up to third in West forwards.

I dont even know what to say about that?

Mind blown
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#18 » by seanbig » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:54 am

Sorry Fred doesn’t deserve a vote after this game
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#19 » by pingpongrac » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:05 am

seanbig wrote:Sorry Fred doesn’t deserve a vote after this game
After one bad shooting game? Does that mean Garland can't make the all-star game because of his 9/2/4 line on 3/12 shooting with 4 TOV against the Warriors the other night?

FVV had his worst game in over a month and he still put up 24/5/10 with 2 steals and 0 turnovers. It wasn't even a bad game. He was literally our 2nd most efficient player tonight (Siakam) with his combination of scoring, assists and 0 turnovers. He had a bad 49 TS% tonight, but the team as a whole had a 44 TS%. He also had 10 of our 18 assists while the rest of the team turned the ball over 11 times.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#20 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:57 pm

dontsettle4less wrote:
KawhiSoSerious wrote:

When was the last time a player was not worthy of being all star but was an all star because of fan voting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.

Return to Toronto Raptors