ImageImageImageImageImage

Political Roundtable Part XXX

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXX 

Post#841 » by TGW » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:59 pm

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,182

Post#842 » by Zonkerbl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Apparently there is no such crime as "domestic terrorism" in US law, so this is as close as you can get

Read on Twitter
?s=20
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,673

Post#843 » by Pointgod » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Of course people like TGW were happy with this result as long as they could touchdown dance on Hillary Clinton’s political grave.
Read on Twitter
Bonscott
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#844 » by Bonscott » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:00 pm

Gee imagine that the Supreme Court adheres to the constitution something democrats don't know anything about.Obama Pelosi and Biden wanted complete control over all americans.Nope not happening
TGW
RealGM

Post#845 » by TGW » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:40 am

Bonscott wrote:Gee imagine that the Supreme Court adheres to the constitution something democrats don't know anything about.Obama Pelosi and Biden wanted complete control over all americans.Nope not happening

If you think the Republicans adhere to the Constitution, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in.

Both parties wipe their butts with the constitution. The constitution is an outdated, borderline useless piece of paper in modern day politics.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
TGW
RealGM

Post#846 » by TGW » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:41 am

Typical democrat nonsense...gotta protect the healthcare industries' bottom line. No wonder there's going to be a red bloodbath in the midterms:

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#847 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:58 pm

I wonder if it's worth nuking the filibuster for voting reform... all that does is keep the GOP from stealing close races, but if the Dems get their butts kicked in 2022 it's not going to matter. Well, still waiting for that other Roe v Wade shoe to drop.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#848 » by Zonkerbl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Tee hee, Republicans are dumb

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#849 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:20 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:Tee hee, Republicans are dumb

Read on Twitter
?s=20

But they do know that Frederick Douglass is doing an amazing job and getting recognized more and more. :sigh:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#850 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:43 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This country is hopelessly divided and headed for a Civil War of sorts.

I'm not sure how it's possible to keep on when Republicans like Graham insist that Trump remains the leader of the Republican party. It simply can't work, and Graham knows it, because he said as much just a few years ago about the psychopath.

The irony of certain people following behind make America great again as a slogan. Fascist and maybe even antichrist, well that’s putting a little strong but I don’t know. What happened January 6 last year was downright treasonous and those suckers deserved to be burned with flamethrowers as far as I’m concerned.However, because they were white They got carte blanche treatment all the way into the Capitol. For once I like a Google mistranslate with a T capitalized.

They are the enemy. But because they look white they can get away with “breaking” the Constitution and with
any other thing they feel like doing.

People like Lindsey Graham remind me of why I don’t like hardly any lawyers or politicians
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#851 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:46 pm

TGW wrote:Typical democrat nonsense...gotta protect the healthcare industries' bottom line. No wonder there's going to be a red bloodbath in the midterms:

Before anybody gets it twisted I think the Democrats are full of ****, too. The more I see Biden the more I like Hillary, and I really detested her.

I did not vote for Hillary or Donald Trump.

I did not vote for Biden, either; but I knew that Hawaii was going to vote his way and I did not matter either way.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#852 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I am also dumb (although, I am not a Republican)!

I did not realize Frederick had two S’s in last name.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#853 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:54 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:This country is hopelessly divided and headed for a Civil War of sorts.

I'm not sure how it's possible to keep on when Republicans like Graham insist that Trump remains the leader of the Republican party. It simply can't work, and Graham knows it, because he said as much just a few years ago about the psychopath.

The irony of certain people following behind make America great again as a slogan. Fascist and maybe even antichrist, well that’s putting a little strong but I don’t know. What happened January 6 last year was downright treasonous and those suckers deserved to be burned with flamethrowers as far as I’m concerned.However, because they were white They got carte blanche treatment all the way into the capital. For once I like a Google mistranslate with a T capitalized.

They are the enemy. But because they look why they can get away with breaking the constitution and with
any other thing they feel like doing.

People like Lindsey Graham remind me of why I don’t like hardly any lawyers or politicians

Thank you.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#854 » by verbal8 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:41 am

Ruzious wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

But they do know that Frederick Douglass is doing an amazing job and getting recognized more and more. :sigh:

What does his twitter account say on the subject?
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#855 » by Pointgod » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:22 am

Bonscott wrote:Gee imagine that the Supreme Court adheres to the constitution something democrats don't know anything about.Obama Pelosi and Biden wanted complete control over all americans.Nope not happening

Lol please feel free to tell me where the constitution specifically talks about workplace safety. The Supreme Court has been hijacked by radical right wing ideologues and is a complete joke. I feel sorry for America if most people are as lost as you.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#856 » by Pointgod » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:44 am

Zonkerbl wrote:I wonder if it's worth nuking the filibuster for voting reform... all that does is keep the GOP from stealing close races, but if the Dems get their butts kicked in 2022 it's not going to matter. Well, still waiting for that other Roe v Wade shoe to drop.

The filibuster is a completely made up Senate rule. There is no filibuster in the constitution. I’d be surprised if over 1% of Americans could explain what the filibuster is and how it works.

The discussion about nuking the filibuster for voting rights is completely idiotic because it’s a self fulfilling prophecy. If Democrats do nothing on voting rights they’ll never be back in power again, even if they rightly win elections. That’s why it’s a stupid argument, doing nothing while you have the power to do something ensures you’ll never have the power to make any changes when Republicans roll out their voter suppression tactics. And you can bet your ass as soon as all three levels of government are controlled by Republicans they’ll nuke the filibuster just like they did for Supreme Court confirmations, just like they held Obama’s nomination open for months and confirmed the radical right wing judges while an actual election was going on. Voting rights isn’t about 2022, Democrats will lose anyway but it’s about whether or not they want to run in a fair election again.
RealGM

Post#857 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:56 am

I have no idea why or even the names of the two senators for the state of Hawaii. I think Ed Case is one of them.

I bet most people do not know there are 100 senators in Congress and the rest of them are congressmen/women who make up the House of Representatives.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#858 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:59 am

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_United_States_senators

Brian Schatz, Democrat
Mazie Hirono, Democrat

I knew there were two but I did not know they could both be the same party!

I am still apolitical but thank you for having this discussion and this thread
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#859 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=gs8vL4qWpJlLWUX81sgwFw&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=DJR4YKw_YEf2e_qsezivUA&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,969

Post#860 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:06 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter

Solidifying his standing as a serial liar.

Return to Washington Wizards