ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?)

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,816

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#721 » by cdubbz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:25 am

I’m down to trade for Andre Drummond. We need a big boy in the paint.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VII: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#722 » by cdubbz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:28 am

Boogie? How awful has he been? If Looney is in foul trouble and we play the Suns, Nuggets, Bucks, We could be toast esp with how we’ve been playing lately.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,702

Post#723 » by eminence » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:30 am

cdubbz wrote:Boogie? How awful has he been? If Looney is in foul trouble and we play the Suns, Nuggets, Bucks, We could be toast esp with how we’ve been playing lately.

I thought Boogie was actually okay in Milwaukee. Not sure how he fits in our defensive schemes these days though.
I bought a boat.
cdubbz
RealGM

Post#724 » by cdubbz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:33 am

eminence wrote:
cdubbz wrote:Boogie? How awful has he been? If Looney is in foul trouble and we play the Suns, Nuggets, Bucks, We could be toast esp with how we’ve been playing lately.

I thought Boogie was actually okay in Milwaukee. Not sure how he fits in our defensive schemes these days though.

Im not looking for a player to fit our "scheme" but a NEED. We get destroyed by big men and if Boogie can hold it down for 10-15mpg against Giannis, Ayton, AD etc then that's great. Looney got in early foul trouble and the rest was history.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,654

Post#725 » by Coxy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:05 am

As more of a win now move, considering everything with our stars current window, would anyone here consider a trade such as below?

GS Trade - James Wiseman / 2023 2nd
Knicks Trade - Nerlons Noel / Immanuel Quickley / 2023 lotto protected 1st

I'm a little stumped whether that would be a good idea or not.

Thoughts?
oaktownwarriors87
RealGM
And1: 4,354

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VIIwhatab: Which team wants our bad players for their good players?) 

Post#726 » by oaktownwarriors87 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:38 pm

What's the deal with Marvin Bagley? I know nothing about him, but he is the 2nd most efficient ISO defender this year and he hold his opponents to a 30.0% eFG%.

I genuinely don't even remember this kid playing, I just remember that he's disgruntled.
cdubbz wrote:Donte DiVincenzo will outplay Poole this season.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#727 » by LAL1947 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:44 pm

Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and either Moody/Poole... for Porzingis, Brunson, Bullock.

1-5: Curry, Klay, Bullock, Draymond, Porzingis
6-10: Brunson, Poole, Otto, Bjelica, Looney

Despite GSW and Suns playing great, I think the Nets and Bucks are still better placed to win the title. So if GSW wants to stack the odds in their favor, I think this trade would make them favorites over the other teams. Just look at that starting 5 and depth. Porzingis is that rim protector GSW needs, who stretches the floor and can also cut to the rim. Without someone like him, I think Giannis and Portis are going to dump all over GSW, if the 2 teams get to the finals. The Nets will get healthy by the playoffs too, and are starting to flex their muscles. Brunson is a quality back-up PG for when Steph is sitting. Bullock covers most of what y'all lose in Wiggins.

Why for Dallas? They scratch your back if you scratch theirs. Dallas helps GSW win now (and over the next 2 seasons), maximizing Steph's and Klay's remaining window... in exchange for taking a flyer on some young prospects who are closer in age to Luka and might help Dallas contend in 2-3 years time.
shazam_guy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,136

Post#728 » by shazam_guy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:36 pm

Gah. I feel sick even thinking about it.
SinceGatlingWasARookie
RealGM
And1: 2,681

Post#729 » by SinceGatlingWasARookie » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:37 pm

I think Tacko Fall is the biggest man we can get without giving up anything.
Derrick Walto jr has the best assist stats in the G-league. Actually Derrick Walton sounds to much like Ciozza. Cant beat his man off the dribble. Cant finish in the paint. Just a good floor geral with some passing skills that can hit a catch and shoot three at low volumes. Too small and not fast.

I think we might have been right about needing a back up point guard but I don't think Chiozza is the right guy.
With no Steph and no Draymond our passing seemed to fail vs the T-wolves.
SpreeS
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,334

Post#730 » by SpreeS » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:10 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and either Moody/Poole... for Porzingis, Brunson, Bullock.

Despite GSW and Suns playing great, I think the Nets and Bucks are still better placed to win the title. So if GSW wants to stack the odds in their favor, I think this trade would make them favorites over the other teams. Just look at that starting 5 and depth. Porzingis is that rim protector GSW needs, who stretches the floor and can also cut to the rim. Without someone like him, I think Giannis and Portis are going to dump all over GSW, if the 2 teams get to the finals. The Nets will get healthy by the playoffs too, and are starting to flex their muscles. Brunson is a quality back-up PG for when Steph is sitting. Bullock covers most of what y'all lose in Wiggins.

Why for Dallas? They scratch your back if you scratch theirs. Dallas helps GSW win now (and over the next 2 seasons), maximizing Steph's and Klay's remaining window... in exchange for taking a flyer on some young prospects who are closer in age to Luka and might help Dallas contend in 2-3 years time.

What kind of stuff do you use? I really want to know…pl write it…
Coxy
RealGM

Post#731 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:50 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga and either Moody/Poole... for Porzingis, Brunson, Bullock.

Did you drink and type dude? Never Realgm when you’re hammered.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,832

Post#732 » by whatisacenter » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:45 pm

with Wiseman's & Draymond's injury status would you be more inclined to make a trade to ensure a better shot in the playoffs this season? I was reading the wiretap that the Pacers are looking for 2 FRP's or a young player with upside and a FRP pick for Myles Turner. That doesn't sound like too much to trade away if it doesn't involve Kuminga and I am still reluctant to give up on Wiseman. If they would take a future FRP and Moody/Poole or possibly both I think I would do that and worry about Turner's FA later. not sure if the Pacers would see that as enough tho.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Coxy
RealGM

Post#733 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:28 pm

I've been looking around for a cheap option at PF/C with experience, that we could target. Taj Gibson is on a $4m expiring contract at the Knicks, and doesn't get much run. He's a smart, tough sort of guy that can hit jumpers and rebound, maybe we could target him using some of our smaller assets (JTA + Bjeli + 2nd or something?)
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#734 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 am

Coxy wrote:I've been looking around for a cheap option at PF/C with experience, that we could target. Taj Gibson is on a $4m expiring contract at the Knicks, and doesn't get much run. He's a smart, tough sort of guy that can hit jumpers and rebound, maybe we could target him using some of our smaller assets (JTA + Bjeli + 2nd or something?)

I guess he could play the David West roll but he has not been impactful for quite some time.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#735 » by Coxy » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:48 am

whatisacenter wrote:
Coxy wrote:I've been looking around for a cheap option at PF/C with experience, that we could target. Taj Gibson is on a $4m expiring contract at the Knicks, and doesn't get much run. He's a smart, tough sort of guy that can hit jumpers and rebound, maybe we could target him using some of our smaller assets (JTA + Bjeli + 2nd or something?)

I guess he could play the David West roll but he has not been impactful for quite some time.

He's been playing on dud teams though. I think a guy like him could plug into a smart team like ours.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,392

Post#736 » by Crazy-Canuck » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:47 am

Gorgui dieng for jta and lee
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,168

Post#737 » by watch1958 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:17 am

I guess not.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,788

Post#738 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:19 pm

Is a Horford and Smart for Wiseman and Wiggins trade near a fair deal?
whatisacenter
RealGM

Post#739 » by whatisacenter » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:26 pm

Larry_Russell wrote:Is a Horford and Smart for Wiseman and Wiggins trade near a fair deal?

just looked up Horford and Smart's shooting numbers...no thanks.
Larry_Russell
General Manager
And1: 4,788

Post#740 » by Larry_Russell » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:36 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Larry_Russell wrote:Is a Horford and Smart for Wiseman and Wiggins trade near a fair deal?

just looked up Horford and Smart's shooting numbers...no thanks.

Horford is having a down year but has been turning it around.

Its weird, the entire team is shooting worse percentages than last year, and most of their career.

Its Coach, imo.

Return to Golden State Warriors