Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,044

Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#1 » by Laimbeer » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:20 pm

...The Philadelphia 76ers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago, but dialogue remains exploratory due diligence, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Several teams have indicated an interest in Simmons, including the LA Lakers and New York Knicks, sparking rumors of a potential multi-team trade. With how the Kings (17-27) have performed this season, no one is untouchable, making the prospect of a Fox-Simmons trade possible...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/rumor-the-philadelphia-76ers-canvassed-prospect-fox-ben-simmons-trade-package-recently-days-ago-chris-haynes-reveals-latest-future-s-ben-simmons-de-aaron-fox
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,801

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#2 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:32 pm

Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.
srhcan
Starter
And1: 1,495

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#3 » by srhcan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:40 pm

Tor_Raps wrote:Fox Hield Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

76ers may have to throw a FRP in to make it worth for Kings.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,766

Post#4 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:54 pm

srhcan wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Fox Hield Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

Don't think Sixers can do much with both Hield and Curry at the same time, and they'd probably rather hang on to Maxey (who's 21 and makes peanuts for next 2.5 years) than get Barnes.

Given what you're saying, might just prefer a Simmons + 1st for Fox if it came to that.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#5 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
srhcan wrote:

Don't think Sixers can do much with both Hield and Curry at the same time, and they'd probably rather hang on to Maxey (who's 21 and makes peanuts for next 2.5 years) than get Barnes.

Given what you're saying, might just prefer a Simmons + 1st for Fox if it came to that.

You can honestly never have enough shooting around a guy like Embiid. Curry seems like a perfect 6th man.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#6 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:00 am

this shows philly is interested in fox unlike cj who was rejected in a second.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#7 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:02 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

I’m not a Sixers fan, but there is no way I put Maxey in this deal if I was them. I mean I do t think I really entertain an offer for Fox at all, I hate his fit with the Sixers but I’m definitely not including Maxey in it.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#8 » by Arsenal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:03 am

Sixers are not trading Maxey. Simmons + Harris will be the pieces going out, with Fox, Hield, and/or Barnes coming back.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,120

Post#9 » by Arsenal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:04 am

HotelVitale wrote:
srhcan wrote:

I'll be shocked if we add a 1st to Ben for Fox.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#10 » by Tomjas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:05 am

Fox is Maxey on 10 times the salary
payton2kemp
Starter
And1: 4,240

Post#11 » by payton2kemp » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:06 am

Haliburton will be the better player than Fox.
Tor_Raps
RealGM

Post#12 » by Tor_Raps » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:08 am

Arsenal wrote:Sixers are not trading Maxey. Simmons + Harris will be the pieces going out, with Fox, Hield, and/or Barnes coming back.

Just checked the contracts and seems like this would be the only scenario if the Sixers would want Fox/Hield/Barnes. Although they'd have no PF left in this scenario.
jokeboy86
General Manager
And1: 5,071

Post#13 » by jokeboy86 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:12 am

Only question is would Simmons(& Paul) be happy in Sacramento? I don't doubt that Simmons wants to play but would Paul be happy with him on the Kings where he basically becomes irrelevant because that's just what the Kings have been. Paul (& Lebron) think Simmons is a big star.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,259

Post#14 » by John Murdoch » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:23 am

This would have been done a long time ago...morey prob wants Hali
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,221

Post#15 » by Dan Z » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:23 am

jokeboy86 wrote:Only question is would Simmons(& Paul) be happy in Sacramento? I don't doubt that Simmons wants to play but would Paul be happy with him on the Kings where he basically becomes irrelevant because that's just what the Kings have been. Paul (& Lebron) think Simmons is a big star.

Right now any place is better than where he currently is. If he complains about Sacramento then he'll look bad IMO.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,161

Post#16 » by Pelon chingon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:32 am

jokeboy86 wrote:Only question is would Simmons(& Paul) be happy in Sacramento? I don't doubt that Simmons wants to play but would Paul be happy with him on the Kings where he basically becomes irrelevant because that's just what the Kings have been. Paul (& Lebron) think Simmons is a big star.

Webber thought the same thing then he fell in love with the city/team. Sacramento might not be L.A but it isn't some middle of nowhere town with tumbleweeds passing through either.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#17 » by kuclas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:32 am

Tor_Raps wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
srhcan wrote: 76ers may have to throw a FRP in to make it worth for Kings.

You can honestly never have enough shooting around a guy like Embiid. Curry seems like a perfect 6th man.

Have you seen the sixers perimeter defense this season without Simmons? You cannot have curry and hield on the floor at the same time for long stretches. It would be diaster. They would score 40 between them but give up 50.

It’s the exact opposite of having ben Simmons and thybulle on the court at the same time. Those two can’t shoot.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#18 » by draftnightsuit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 am

This would be a huge mistake by Philly. Fox is not the guy they need. They already have Maxey who is younger, cheaper and might end up being better than Fox. They already have great guard play, what they desperately need is a 2-way wing.

They need to find a way to get Brandon Ingram.
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#19 » by agkagk » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

This trade was my first thought, then I realized it’s the kings, so now I fully expect them to take back Tobias Harris’ contract in any package!

On a serious note, Halliburton would be about as perfect a shooting guard as you could start next to maxey.

Hield, halli and Barnes for Ben should work salary wise

Shop hield for a functional bench piece or two.

Halliburton maxey Barnes Tobias Joel
Curry, korkmaz, hield, green, Drummond

....hield and a couple seconds for t-Ross’ expiring contract?
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#20 » by draftnightsuit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:49 am

agkagk wrote:

This was my first thought, then I realized it’s the kings, so now I fully expect them to take back Tobias Harris’ contract in any package!

They have to take back Harris’ contract for that trade to work salary-wise.

Return to The General Board