SAS-TOR-IND

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

SAS-TOR-IND 

Post#1 » by Adrian Street » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:08 pm

Trade that brings Poeltl back to Toronto and Turner to SAS.

Toronto:
In: Poeltl, Young
Out: GTJ, Boucher

San Antonio:
In: Turner, Boucher
Out: Poeltl, Young, Johnson

Indiana
In: GTJ, Johnson
Out: Turner

Why for Toronto? Get the center they need.
Why for San Antonio? Get an upgrade at center.
Why for Indiana? Deal Turner for 2 young starters.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Re: SAS-TOR-IND 

Post#2 » by Chinook » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 pm

Johnson isn't untouchable in my mind, but I don't think I'd use him on Turner. Sabonis, sure (and yes, I would be more more willing to pay additional compensation for Sabonis to make up the difference). You can argue Sabonis and Murray might be the foundation toward turning the team around. I don't think Turner would do that for the Spurs, so I can't justify giving up future value for him at this point.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:17 pm

I have GTJ worth more than Poeltl and Boucher more than Young so big no for Toronto
itsathya
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#4 » by itsathya » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 pm

BIG no for the raps

Sent from my SM-G973W using RealGM Forums mobile app
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#5 » by Adrian Street » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:58 pm

Chinook wrote:Johnson isn't untouchable in my mind, but I don't think I'd use him on Turner. Sabonis, sure (and yes, I would be more more willing to pay additional compensation for Sabonis to make up the difference). You can argue Sabonis and Murray might be the foundation toward turning the team around. I don't think Turner would do that for the Spurs, so I can't justify giving up future value for him at this point.

Murray for Sabonis or Johnson, and Vassell or White for Sabonis?
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#6 » by Mykhyn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Chinook wrote:Johnson isn't untouchable in my mind, but I don't think I'd use him on Turner. Sabonis, sure (and yes, I would be more more willing to pay additional compensation for Sabonis to make up the difference). You can argue Sabonis and Murray might be the foundation toward turning the team around. I don't think Turner would do that for the Spurs, so I can't justify giving up future value for him at this point.

I'd have a real consideration on Keldon + White for Sabonis
Chinook
Head Coach

Post#7 » by Chinook » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 am

Adrian Street wrote:

Definitely would lean way toward the second option. I still believe in White, but you can argue that getting Murray, Vassell, Primo, Sabonis and some defensive four like Bachero or even Eason from they draft could be the start to something. If Vassell had to be in the deal, it would be dicier, and Murray is a no-go, as I'm sure people are tired of me saying.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#8 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:47 am

Godaddycurse wrote:I have GTJ worth more than Poeltl and Boucher more than Young so big no for Toronto

I don't see Toronto wanting to do this.
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#9 » by Adrian Street » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:52 am

Chinook wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:

Definitely would lean way toward the second option. I still believe in White, but you can argue that getting Murray, Vassell, Primo, Sabonis and some defensive four like Bachero or even Eason from they draft could be the start to something. If Vassell had to be in the deal, it would be dicier, and Murray is a no-go, as I'm sure people are tired of me saying.

I would consider that, I consider PG and SF to be the Pacers biggest areas of need. Would give the Pacers a lineup of Turner, Warren (when healthy), Johnson, Brogdon and White with LeVert, Holiday and Duarte off the bench. It's difficult to find trades, many Pacers fans consider Sabonis or Turner to be untouchable. I hate to try to propose trades on here because I always think everyone will like the trade and then everyone always hates it. lol
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,700

Post#10 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:57 am

Adrian Street wrote: I hate to try to propose trades on here because I always think everyone will like the trade and then everyone always hates it. lol

Welcome to the internet. It's a critical place. Here its made worse by the natural attachment and overvaluing of one's favorite teams players and assets.

But we have a number of posters who you can count on to give you objective takes. Focus on the feedback they give and accept fans of the teams involved in yours deal are rarely going to like any of them unless they are stealing a bunch of value.

And focus on the constructive responses you get even from those who don't like your ideas. There can be valuable feedback there if you are willing to hear it come with constructive criticism.

Believe me I've posted some deals that feel amazing to me and the board either ignores them or doesn't like them. It is what it is. Don't let it dissuade you from posting something if you think its good. It might be better than the feedback you get suggests.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,932

Post#11 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:58 am

Godaddycurse wrote:I have GTJ worth more than Poeltl and Boucher more than Young so big no for Toronto

I have Poeltl with a slight edge to GTJ and Boucher/Young as equal
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:11 am

zimpy27 wrote:

A traditional big who cant shoot FTs is not worth more than a young 22 y.o. 3/d guard imo.
Chinook
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Chinook » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:37 am

Yeah, Poeltl's free throws are obscene as is the fact that anything outside of six feet has less of a chance of going in for Jakob as a half-court shot would for Curry.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#14 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:40 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

A traditional big who cant shoot FTs is not worth more than a young 22 y.o. 3/d guard imo.

I got a big that can defend the paint, protect the rim and rebound at an elite level being more valuable than a guard that can't playmake and is limited 3+D player on a much more expensive contract.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#15 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:03 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I got a big that can defend the paint, protect the rim and rebound at an elite level being more valuable than a guard that can't playmake and is limited 3+D player on a much more expensive contract.

Gary Trent's Ast/game

Oct: 1.2
Nov: 2.2
Dec: 3.1

I think he is improving in playmaking as well as defense this year. He has much higher upside
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#16 » by Adrian Street » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I felt the value here was about as even as possible.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#17 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:42 am

Adrian Street wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I felt the value here was about as even as possible.

I think the biggest difference is age and upside. Trent is 22 and improving, Poeltl is likely who he is moving forward. Raptors are young/nowhere near a contender so i rather keep the higher upside piece. We also need Trent's spacing just as much if not more than poeltl.
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#18 » by Adrian Street » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Gary Trent's Ast/game

I think he is improving in playmaking as well as defense this year. He has much higher upside

Poeltl FT %

Nov: 31.6
Jan: 50.0
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#19 » by Godaddycurse » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:56 am

Adrian Street wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Gary Trent's Ast/game

Poeltl FT %

Nov: 31.6
Jan: 50.0

His career FT % is 50% too. Trent's career AST is 1.3
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:57 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

Gary Trent's Ast/game

He may have upside but he's not there yet and he's actually 23 and in his 4th year. He doesn't have an ideal contract either since he can opt out after next year if he's out-played his contract or he can take the extra year if he's not deserving of it.

And yeah Poeltl is who he is now but I don' have GTJ better than him. Even on the Raps you'd have Poeltl start and GTJ off the bench

Return to Trades and Transactions