ImageImageImageImageImage

James Wiseman 2021/2022

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: James Wiseman 2021/2022 

Post#441 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:10 pm

So is Golden State not going to entertain trade offers for the No. 2 overall pick from the 2020 draft?

"Very unlikely," Warriors owner Joe Lacob said on The TK Show podcast with The Athletic's Tim Kawakami. "It would take a lot to make me and Bob think about doing anything like that. People who talk like that -- they don't understand the cap [and] they don't understand the economics of the NBA.

"Me and Bob" ---- he didn't say Bob. He said "Me and Bob". :lol:
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#442 » by Upperclass » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:23 pm

Very obvious Bob is the voice of reason on most transactions but the Lacobs are running the Warriors which is why this team wont be able to fill in the gaps on a team that could compete with a few more pieces
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#443 » by EvanZ » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Upperclass wrote:Very obvious Bob is the voice of reason on most transactions but the Lacobs are running the Warriors which is why this team wont be able to fill in the gaps on a team that could compete with a few more pieces

Yeah, I should have said it's as much Kirk as Joe probably.
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,187

Post#444 » by clyde21 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 pm

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Yeah whatever man. Been hearing this for years. Keep your head buried in the sand.

i mean i don't care either way, but if you have proof that Lacob's running the show and Myers is just a puppet, prove it. otherwise don't pretend like it's something everyone should assume or know.

I literally just gave you "proof". You can choose to do with it what you want. You can choose to think that Joe Lacob is lying when he tells us "James Wiseman was my #1 forever". That is you accusing Joe Lacob of lying. You get that right? With absolutely no proof of why he would lie about such a thing. WHERE'S YOUR PROOF? :lol: Goes both ways, buddy.

you need proof that the Warriors PRESIDENT OF BBALL OPERATIONS AND GENERAL MANAGER is the one making the basketball decisions? :lol: :lol: :lol:

and no, your **** quote isn't proof that Wiseman was Lacob's pick. here is Myers talking about Wiseman being #1 on their big board:

"We were high on Wiseman. We had him No. 1 on our board," Myers told reporters. "... We got the guy we wanted."

at the very most you can make an argument that it's a collaborative big board, but the notion that Lacob somehow overrode Myers and took Wiseman instead of someone else is patently **** false at this point unless you have some actual evidence otherwise.

not the first time you spread this trash misinformation either.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#445 » by clyde21 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:59 pm

another Myers quote

"We targeted James [Wiseman,] obviously we took him in front of LaMelo [Ball}," Warriors GM Bob Myers said on The Ryen Russillo Podcast. "We debate everything ... we're pretty debate-oriented. It's not just me in a room saying 'this is what we're doing' and then I shut the door. We hashed out the whole thing as far as what we thought. We ended up ranking it the way we did. We watched LaMelo, he had a great workout when we saw him. We knew he would be a really good player, but we ended up putting James in front of him."

pretty obvious Myers was the one making the final call, even tho it's a collab effort like it is in EVERY front office pretty much.
EvanZ
RealGM

Post#446 » by EvanZ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:12 am

clyde21 wrote:another Myers quote

"We targeted James [Wiseman,] obviously we took him in front of LaMelo [Ball}," Warriors GM Bob Myers said on The Ryen Russillo Podcast. "We debate everything ... we're pretty debate-oriented. It's not just me in a room saying 'this is what we're doing' and then I shut the door. We hashed out the whole thing as far as what we thought. We ended up ranking it the way we did. We watched LaMelo, he had a great workout when we saw him. We knew he would be a really good player, but we ended up putting James in front of him."

pretty obvious Myers was the one making the final call, even tho it's a collab effort like it is in EVERY front office pretty much.

Pretty obvious Bob is saying it's not him. But ok.

Bob is the negotiator. He's the frontman. He's the guy with good hair that talks good. Kirk is the one really doing the work behind the scenes on the draft. And then he tells his dad.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#447 » by clyde21 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:18 am

EvanZ wrote:
clyde21 wrote:another Myers quote

Pretty obvious Bob is saying it's not him. But ok.

Bob is the negotiator. He's the frontman. He's the guy with good hair that talks good. Kirk is the one really doing the work behind the scenes on the draft. And then he tells his dad.

lolwut?
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#448 » by HiRez » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:19 am

Big J wrote:Why in the hell are they just announcing his surgery in December now? This should have been out there.

Whatever the reason is, it's a problem because any air of transparency they might have had is gone. You cannot trust anything they say about an injury from this point forward. Doesn't mean they're always lying or omitting, but maybe you have to assume they are now.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#449 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:49 am

HiRez wrote:
Big J wrote:Why in the hell are they just announcing his surgery in December now? This should have been out there.

Whatever the reason is, it's a problem because any air of transparency they might have had is gone. You cannot trust anything they say about an injury from this point forward. Doesn't mean they're always lying or omitting, but maybe you have to assume they are now.

Yes some nutjobs said the same thing about the Bogut injury.. teams across all sports do this in order to alleviate pressure on the player, as long as they havent been pushing an imminent return at a specific date

You don't say anything until you know what the timetable is going to look like, because people would similarly complain about 'indefinite' timetables as well
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#450 » by michaelm » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:11 am

FNQ wrote:
HiRez wrote:

Yes some nutjobs said the same thing about the Bogut injury.. teams across all sports do this in order to alleviate pressure on the player, as long as they havent been pushing an imminent return at a specific date

You don't say anything until you know what the timetable is going to look like, because people would similarly complain about 'indefinite' timetables as well

He participated in a pre-match shoot around before the January 4 game in Miami. I am wondering whether the sequence of events was actually the other way around and whether he developed the swelling when he started training again after the arthroscopy which wouldn’t be particularly untoward.

Like Vagelis I am not confident the original meniscal surgery was successful though.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#451 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:16 am

michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:
HiRez wrote:Whatever the reason is, it's a problem because any air of transparency they might have had is gone. You cannot trust anything they say about an injury from this point forward. Doesn't mean they're always lying or omitting, but maybe you have to assume they are now.

He participated in a pre-match shoot around before the January 4 game in Miami. I am wondering whether the sequence of events was actually the other way around and whether he developed the swelling when he started training again after the arthroscopy which wouldn’t be particularly untoward.

Like Vagelis I am not confident the original meniscal surgery was successful though.

Typically if there is more work done directly on the meniscus, as a rule, you don't actively work it out (on average) for a month.. we wouldn't even typically start tension-based rehab until 2-3 weeks after the surgery. Depending when in December the surgery happened, and using the 1/4 benchmark you've provided, I just can't see a situation where the surgery was the issue, unless the surgery failure was a slight nick that caused more scar tissue :dontknow:

Not saying its not possible, but I definitely think its handily on the wrong side of a coin flip with the information provided.. to date. But I'm sure you know - cutters never do anything wrong: just ask them! :D
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,792

Post#452 » by michaelm » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:31 am

FNQ wrote:
michaelm wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Typically if there is more work done directly on the meniscus, as a rule, you don't actively work it out (on average) for a month.. we wouldn't even typically start tension-based rehab until 2-3 weeks after the surgery. Depending when in December the surgery happened, and using the 1/4 benchmark you've provided, I just can't see a situation where the surgery was the issue, unless the surgery failure was a slight nick that caused more scar tissue :dontknow:

Not saying its not possible, but I definitely think its handily on the wrong side of a coin flip with the information provided.. to date. But I'm sure you know - cutters never do anything wrong: just ask them! :D

Yes, I am sure you are right, if it was anything except minor surgery he wouldn’t have been doing anything for at least 2 more weeks. I am not so worried about his current situation then, a little swelling after an arthroscopy is not necessarily a big thing, particularly as one account was that loose bodies/debris were “washed out”.

Hopefully the original meniscal injury has mainly healed then, and the debris was not from his meniscus or if meniscal or partly meniscal only very minor.

In the reports I looked up they did say he was definitely shooting pre-game in Miami. The arthroscopy would explain why he was scarce in December.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#453 » by KevinMcreynolds » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:24 pm

still doesn't seem like Lamelo really contributes to winning that much, right now he feels like a rich man's white chocolate

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,419

Post#454 » by Big J » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:39 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:still doesn't seem like Lamelo really contributes to winning that much, right now he feels like a rich man's white chocolate

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold

Thats the TikTok generation for you. Guys only care about 20 second highlights and looking cool. Setting screens, playing solid positional defense, ect aren't cool enough to make the cut.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#455 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:07 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:still doesn't seem like Lamelo really contributes to winning that much, right now he feels like a rich man's white chocolate

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold

All the impact stats rate him highly and his team has the 5th highest ORTG in the league. Attempts at pissing on LaMelo while our prized rookie is unlikely to play before the ASG all feel like copium.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#456 » by WarriorGM » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:42 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold

All the impact stats rate him highly and his team has the 5th highest ORTG in the league. Attempts at pissing on LaMelo while our prized rookie is unlikely to play before the ASG all feel like copium.

I don't get the LaMelo adulation. He can be as good as he is but still not be attractive. I think it is likely a personality clash would have been in the offing. I don't see Steph, LaMelo and Poole working well personality-wise. The downside would have been as large as the upside if not more.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#457 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:46 pm

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold

The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#458 » by GQ Hot Dog » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:53 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold

How would Lamelo contribute defensively? Could he be counted on to work as hard on defense as Kerr requires to get minutes? His DRPM last season was -2.37 which was among the worst in basketball, only slightly better than no defense midget Kira Lewis.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#459 » by Warriors Analyst » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:21 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

GQ Hot Dog, solid gold

How would Lamelo contribute defensively? Could he be counted on to work as hard on defense as Kerr requires to get minutes? His DRPM last season was -2.37 which was among the worst in basketball, only slightly better than no defense midget Kira Lewis.

LaMelo has better measurements and BBIQ than Poole and takes on a much bigger offensive workload. He’d be fine. Kerr also plays Chris Chiozza alongside Steph Curry and Jordan Poole, despite the fact that Chiozza is among the worst players in the NBA and a turnstile defensively. Ball would be fine.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#460 » by Old_Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:10 am

Warriors Analyst wrote:
GQ Hot Dog wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

LaMelo has better measurements and BBIQ than Poole and takes on a much bigger offensive workload. He’d be fine. Kerr also plays Chris Chiozza alongside Steph Curry and Jordan Poole, despite the fact that Chiozza is among the worst players in the NBA and a turnstile defensively. Ball would be fine.

You know what's a really crappy defensive effort?...A guy who never actually plays. Wiseman has missed 105 out of a possible 147 college and pro games since he left high school.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.

Return to Golden State Warriors