Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Gasolina
Junior
And1: 529

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#21 » by Gasolina » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 am

draftnightsuit wrote:This would be a huge mistake by Philly. Fox is not the guy they need. They already have Maxey who is younger, cheaper and might end up being better than Fox. They already have great guard play, what they desperately need is a 2-way wing.

They need to find a way to get Brandon Ingram.

Ingram is not a 2-way wing. He's a bad defensive player.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,677

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#22 » by Dupp » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 am

Tyrese and Simmons is not good
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,508

Post#23 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:01 am

Barnes+Hield+Fox is a perfect salary match for Simmons+Harris+Milton
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#24 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:09 am

Tor_Raps wrote:Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

LMAO, Maxey isn't going anywhere.

Simmons for Fox is more than enough, and Sacramento will easily take that.
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,138

Post#25 » by Pelon chingon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:09 am

Dupp wrote:Tyrese and Simmons is not good

I disagree. Both creative players and Haliburton plays the passing lanes well and shoots.
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,520

Post#26 » by Slacktard » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:29 am

I think Maxey in year 2 has shown enough to not be a throw-in 'sweetener' on any deal that doesn't bring back a legit top-25ish guy. I also get the feeling the Sixers do not want Fox for their lineup, but may be looking at a 3-team deal where Fox is moved for someone they do want as part of it.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,871

Post#27 » by Hello Brooklyn » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:32 am

Would Philly really put another non-shooter with Embiid?

Also is Fox even good?

Not sure I see the point for Philly. Although their options are limited.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#28 » by draftnightsuit » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:37 am

Gasolina wrote:
draftnightsuit wrote:This would be a huge mistake by Philly. Fox is not the guy they need. They already have Maxey who is younger, cheaper and might end up being better than Fox. They already have great guard play, what they desperately need is a 2-way wing.

They need to find a way to get Brandon Ingram.

Ingram is not a 2-way wing. He's a bad defensive player.

Ingram has a 7’3” wingspan and is good defender when engaged.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,530

Post#29 » by Alatan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:48 am

Arsenal wrote:Sixers are not trading Maxey. Simmons + Harris will be the pieces going out, with Fox, Hield, and/or Barnes coming back.

Why are Sixer fans adamant on trading Harris? Sure his contract stinks but its not like you will be able to sign anyone in FA without him on the books. Including him into trades just waters down any assets you gain for Simmons. Harris is a negative trade asset but is still a solid player. Or am i mistaken and he is that bad on the court?
GunnerWRX
Veteran
And1: 1,290

Post#30 » by GunnerWRX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:53 am

Why does Harris keep coming up?

You need to attach a #1 pick for a team to use cap space or expiring contracts to take on Harris' negative deal.

You are not getting "more" if you attach Harris with Simmons outgoing.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#31 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:05 am

Hello Brooklyn wrote:Would Philly really put another non-shooter with Embiid?

Also is Fox even good?

Not sure I see the point for Philly. Although their options are limited.

fox is way better shooter compared to simmons and a scorer. by the time embiid is washed, fox takes over.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#32 » by DroseReturnChi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:06 am

Alatan wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Sixers are not trading Maxey. Simmons + Harris will be the pieces going out, with Fox, Hield, and/or Barnes coming back.

Why are Sixer fans adamant on trading Harris? Sure his contract stinks but its not like you will be able to sign anyone in FA without him on the books. Including him into trades just waters down any assets you gain for Simmons. Harris is a negative trade asset but is still a solid player. Or am i mistaken and he is that bad on the court?

i too proposed simmons plus harris deals. makes too much sense even though it dilutes some trade value.
if your hard capped, your stuck and philly has 0% chance winning as constructed.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
bbalnation
Sixth Man
And1: 954

Post#33 » by bbalnation » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:17 am

zimpy27 wrote:Barnes+Hield+Fox is a perfect salary match for Simmons+Harris+Milton

This is interesting for both teams imo.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#34 » by Lalouie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:35 am

simmons w/ sac is not as good as fox w/ philly
if for no other reason than sac needs more than what simmons has to give

and if the package includes hield who will ben pass to,,haliburton? haliburton+ben. yeah, that's a winner
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#35 » by Black Mage » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:42 am

I don't see Morey coveting Fox over Haliburton.

I could see a deal involving Haliburton, Barnes, Bagley and Hield for SImmons, Harris, Milton and a pick. At this point, it feels like Morey is shifting towards wanting to clear cap space to make a play for a guy in a sign and trade in the off-season.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,577

Post#36 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:45 am

Black Mage wrote:I don't see Morey coveting Fox over Haliburton.

I could see a deal involving Haliburton, Barnes, Bagley and Hield for SImmons, Harris, Milton and a pick. At this point, it feels like Morey is shifting towards wanting to clear cap space to make a play for a guy in a sign and trade in the off-season.
They aren't going to trade their whole team for a player that can only make layups.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#37 » by Black Mage » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:52 am

basketballRob wrote:
Black Mage wrote:I don't see Morey coveting Fox over Haliburton.

They aren't going to trade their whole team for a player that can only make layups.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

DId I type 15 names? It's 2 starters and 2 bench players for 2 starters and a bench. Let's also not pretend like this group was somehow winning games either. 16 years no playoffs.
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,847

Post#38 » by kuclas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:09 am

Alatan wrote:

Harris is a fine player. He’s healthy. Plays a lot of games. I wouldn’t want to “give him away” plus lose an asset. Sure he’s not worth 35 million. But he’s solid. On the flip side. He’s more of a third best player on a competing team and not a reliable 2nd option. And he’s a tweener. Not big enough to plus a stretch 4. Not quick enough to play wings/small forwards.

In terms of trade value. Sixers traded Landry shamet (their 20th overall pick that year who played half a season), plus their own 2020 first round draft pick PLUS Miami heat unprotected 2021 first round draft pick. Plus fillers. So just to get an expiring contract in a 26.5 year old Tobias Harris. Sixers gave up all that.

That’s what people don’t get about ben Simmons value. Simmons at age 25 is a far better player than a 26.5 year old Tobias Harris. Simmons has 4 years left (3.5 now) Vs Harris expiring contract.

That’s to put things into context when they say just trade Simmons for something. Morey is doing the correct thing. And expiring Harris cost the sixers a ton of assets at that time. Just the cost of doing business.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,591

Post#39 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 am

Haliburton and Barnes are enough talent to get a Simmons trade done for me. Two good 3 point shooting perimeter starters for one non shooting threat.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#40 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:33 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:Haliburton and Barnes are enough talent to get a Simmons trade done for me. Two good 3 point shooting perimeter starters for one non shooting threat.

throw in bagley too and its a no brainer to me. bagley as a guy who can backup joel and play beside him sounds enticing next year. Hali and barnes fit too perfectly.

Haliburton
Seth
HB
Tobias
Jo

With maxey bagley korkmaz thybule niang off the bench looks awesome.

Return to The General Board