Rudy Gobert criticize the Jazz's defense and lack of effort on defense. Donovan Mitchell agreed with Gobert.

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

BladeDaywalker
Head Coach
And1: 8,760

Rudy Gobert criticize the Jazz's defense and lack of effort on defense. Donovan Mitchell agreed with Gobert. 

Post#1 » by BladeDaywalker » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 pm

Here is Rudy's Full quote:

"When I watch some of these other teams like the Suns or the Warriors, those guys are a step ahead of us in terms of winning habits. They take every game personally. Devin Booker is playing his ass off defensively. Ive been watching him compared to two years ago. Guys like that, they buy in, and you can tell they take pride in playing defense and stopping their man, doing whatever they can defensively to stop the other team and be part of a winning culture. I think we're not there yet, but I think were gonna get there."

Read on Twitter
?cxt=HHwWiMCj9dX6spEpAAAA

Here is Mitchell liking the Tweet

The Picture of Dorian Gray

“He grew more and more enamoured of his own beauty, more and more interested in the corruption of his own soul.”
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,372

Re: Rudy Gobert criticize the Jazz's defense and lack of trying on defense. Donovan Mitchell agreed with Gobert. 

Post#2 » by Dominator83 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 pm

He's right
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,203

Re: Rudy Gobert criticize the Jazz's defense and lack of trying on defense. Donovan Mitchell agreed with Gobert. 

Post#3 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:46 pm

Yah, Donovan and Rudy are in lockstep on this. I expect some personnel changes, but I'm not sure what they will be. I do think we'd benefit from trading Clarkson, at minimum, but I'd be willing to let go of just about anyone.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:59 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Yah, Donovan and Rudy are in lockstep on this. I expect some personnel changes, but I'm not sure what they will be. I do think we'd benefit from trading Clarkson, at minimum, but I'd be willing to let go of just about anyone.

Is he agreeing with the content of the tweet, or is he liking the subtweet comment?
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,447

Post#5 » by bisme37 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:00 pm

Donovan was saying the same stuff the other night, before Rudy did.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#6 » by thamadkant » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 pm

Jazz should aim to get Jerami Grant, but they dont have anyone to trade... but he is ideal next to O'Neal and Gobert.
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,723

Post#7 » by Woodsanity » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:09 pm

onovan Mitchell can talk all he wants, he plays no defense just like amian Lillard. Too many overrated guards who score 20-30 points and give up 20-30 on the other end.

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
theforumblue
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,847

Post#8 » by theforumblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:36 pm

Leadership via Twitter
screw these absolute garbage refs
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#9 » by slick_watts » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:02 am

donovan mitchell has benefitted so much from being tethered to rudy gobert for most of his on-court minutes.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,039

Post#10 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:10 am

why is he shocked that a small backcourt and bad defenders in the frontcourt are struggling defensively? they have two 6'1 pg in the backcourt with only royce oneal being the only good defender in the rotation, how is this surprising? They could replace some of these guys with more balanced players if the highest paid player on the team could create offense. if he didnt have this juggernaut offense around him he couldnt score how easily he does without ever having to dribble the ball two times.
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,261

Post#11 » by picc » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:why is he shocked that a small backcourt and bad defenders in the frontcourt are struggling defensively? they have two 6'1 pg in the backcourt with only royce oneal being the only good defender in the rotation, how is this surprising? They could replace some of these guys with more balanced players if the highest paid player on the team could create offense. if he didnt have this juggernaut offense around him he couldnt score how easily he does without ever having to dribble the ball two times.

And like clockwork, we've got posters hearing a player state their opinion on something obvious, and for some unknown reason taking it personally.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,039

Post#12 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:54 am

picc wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:why is he shocked that a small backcourt and bad defenders in the frontcourt are struggling defensively? they have two 6'1 pg in the backcourt with only royce oneal being the only good defender in the rotation, how is this surprising? They could replace some of these guys with more balanced players if the highest paid player on the team could create offense. if he didnt have this juggernaut offense around him he couldnt score how easily he does without ever having to dribble the ball two times.

And like clockwork, we've got posters hearing a player state their opinion on something obvious, and for some unknown reason taking it personally.

why would that be personal? 87 percent of his offense is off 0 dribbles. he gets 1 assist per game. I like rudy, i just think that the jazz offense and gobert are in a negative codependent relationship thats preventing the team from actually contending. Rudys defense has them fooled into thinking they can win a chip and the jazz offense has rudy foooled into thinking his lack of creation is okay.
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#13 » by First Step » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:57 am

I'm surprised they haven't made an NFT about it.
_qubik
Starter
And1: 1,336

Post#14 » by _qubik » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:37 am

Hehe even them know they cant win
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,034

Post#15 » by JazzUte88 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:38 am

Woodsanity wrote:onovan Mitchell can talk all he wants, he plays no defense just like amian Lillard. Too many overrated guards who score 20-30 points and give up 20-30 on the other end.

Donovan has been doing a lot of talking and not enough winning when it counts

These dudes are mentally soft compared to the Malone/Stockton years
Big J
General Manager
And1: 7,388

Post#16 » by Big J » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:09 am

Rudy should learn how to play perimeter defense on guards in the playoffs before he runs his mouth.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,010

Post#17 » by Lalouie » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:16 am

the 3 is the most dominant shot in the nba. it is basically an uncontested shot from distance - basically all the same.

however there are many versions of the 2, from dunks to layups to put backs to floaters to short jumpers off the long bounce to midrange et al,,, and a multitude of ways to get the shot off

with all these varieties of shots, mainly 2s, STILL the 3 takes up more than 1/3 of all the shots in basketball. the 3 is an unguarded undisturbed shot because it is a no-no to try and defend it for fear of the foul - basically it is a free shot(other than curry because he takes so many at distance and players think "stop curry stop gsw)

so if all the players are laying off defending the 3, naturally that hands off D will leak over into other parts of the game.

added to that - think about the team that plays hard D and does a fantastic job,,,,only to see the other team get hot, make 3s at game's end and win....think bucks versus heat. the 3 and all it's negatives have so dominated the game i think players sunconsciously don't give a sh** about defense + the 3 has become mandatory. you want to say "defense wins rings" ....okay. that's the four teams left in the nba semis and finals

everyone should be used to this by now
campaignist
Junior
And1: 327

Post#18 » by campaignist » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:03 am

Woodsanity wrote:onovan Mitchell can talk all he wants, he plays no defense just like amian Lillard. Too many overrated guards who score 20-30 points and give up 20-30 on the other end.

Was going to say DM is the last guy that should be agreeing with this, he's a turnstile.
campaignist
Junior
And1: 327

Post#19 » by campaignist » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:04 am

JazzUte88 wrote:

Man, even the Deron/Boozer/Okur teams were tougher.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,034

Post#20 » by JazzUte88 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:06 am

campaignist wrote:
JazzUte88 wrote:

Man, even the Deron/Boozer/Okur teams were tougher.

Lowkey those were some decent teams. Just unfortunately would always lose to the champion Spurs or Lakers.

Return to The General Board