Friday 1/14 Game Thread

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ch434355
Rookie
And1: 1,045

Re: Friday 1/14 Game Thread 

Post#81 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 am

OfficialRef wrote:Chicago are pretenders

yoyoboy wrote:I honestly don't think I would pick Chicago over any of the other top 5 teams in the East in a playoff series.

BoatsNZones wrote:Back end of a b2b without Draymond/Klay/GP2? Crazy embarrassing for the Bulls. This was a lock win for them.

Glad you can say that after a game missing half our team
MindState
Veteran
And1: 3,467

Post#82 » by MindState » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:02 am

I feel pretty confident when I say Kuminga is going to be the Warriors next franchise player.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#83 » by Buzzard » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:04 am

Balanced scoring from the Hawks. Okongwu is showing his defensive chops but the refs are not ready to give him the vet treatment. Hunter looks great with a super efficient 15 points.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
mediocrityrules
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,031

Post#84 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:05 am

BoatsNZones wrote:Top seed in the East lost by 40+ in 2 of the last 3 games. That has to be a record at this point in the season. The undermanned Warriors had no business winning that game on a road b2b, let alone demolishing them. That was a statement game.

No it wasn't. It was an undermanned warriors vs an undermanned bulls.

For some reason the GSW fans in here are doing everything they can to downplay their team and talking about this as an amazing, totally unexpected outcome (i.e., a win), forgetting that they came into this game with the second best record in the competition (better than the Bulls record), and both teams were coming off big losses.

This game said so much more about the Bulls than it did about GSW.
Circling calendars since 2021
ch434355
Rookie

Post#85 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:06 am

BoatsNZones wrote:Top seed in the East lost by 40+ in 2 of the last 3 games. That has to be a record at this point in the season. The undermanned Warriors had no business winning that game on a road b2b, let alone demolishing them. That was a statement game.

You keep saying this like the Bulls weren't missing more players. You make Warriors fans look so bad constantly in these threads.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,794

Post#86 » by michaelm » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:10 am

mediocrityrules wrote:

For some reason the GSW fans in here are doing everything they can to downplay their team and talking about this as an amazing, totally unexpected outcome (i.e., a win), forgetting that they came into this game with the second best record in the competition (better than the Bulls record), and both teams were coming off big losses.

GSW fans were genuinely down on the team after their recent form and expected to lose this back to back road game.

Sure the Bulls are a young team and have very important players out, I wouldn’t judge them on the last 2 games. Quite likely will contend in a year or 2.
    BoatsNZones
    Lead Assistant
    And1: 5,291

Post#87 » by BoatsNZones » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:12 am

mediocrityrules wrote:

A road b2b win as an undermanned team is much more telling about the team on said b2b than the opposite. This was effectively a schedule loss for Golden State. Missing their 2nd best player on top of their 2 best defenders (Klay/Wiseman missing.. whatever, that's playoff talk). It matters.

Downplay the Warriors? No. Their only embarrassing loss was to the Bucks in the past month, who themselves had two embarrassing losses to the Hornets in the past week+. I'm just happy the Warriors showed they're not relenting and are coming out swinging after a tough loss. That's what champions do.
    michaelm
    RealGM
    And1: 4,794

Post#88 » by michaelm » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:13 am

BoatsNZones wrote:The top 4 seeds in the West have as good or better records than the #1 seed in the East by the way (and the 4 seed has a +4 differential on the Bulls). The West is a gauntlet. The East is... well, they're the East.

Except the Bucks are the defending champions and a fair chance of remaining so imo.
    BoatsNZones
    Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by BoatsNZones » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 am

ch434355 wrote:

You keep saying this like the Bulls weren't missing more players. You make Warriors fans look so bad constantly in these threads.

Klay/Draymond/GPII/Wiseman. On the last leg of a road b2b. Don't embarrass yourself. The Warriors were more undermanned than Chi. Take the L and hope they get better.
    ch434355
    Rookie

Post#90 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:15 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
    mediocrityrules wrote:

A road b2b win as an undermanned team is much more telling about the team on said b2b than the opposite. This was effectively a schedule loss for Golden State. Missing their 2nd best player on top of their 2 best defenders (Klay/Wiseman missing.. whatever, that's playoff talk). It matters.

Downplay the Warriors? No. Their only embarrassing loss was to the Bucks in the past month, who themselves had two embarrassing losses to the Hornets in the past week+. I'm just happy the Warriors showed they're not relenting and are coming out swinging after a tough loss. That's what champions do.

It's a schedule loss despite the Bulls missing Lavine, Caruso, JAvnonte, DJJ, etc?

The Bulls were favored by 3 points, and that was before they knew Lavine would miss the whole game.

With Zach out, the Warriors were the favorites. Get a grip.
    BoatsNZones
    Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by BoatsNZones » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:17 am

ch434355 wrote:
    BoatsNZones wrote:
    mediocrityrules wrote:

It's a schedule loss despite the Bulls missing Lavine, Caruso, JAvnonte, DJJ, etc?

The Bulls were favored by 3 points, and that was before they knew Lavine would miss the whole game.

They won by 40+ dude, and were already on their heels with Lavine in from the outset. Wake up. I'm not here to **** on your team.
    ch434355
    Rookie

Post#92 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:18 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
    ch434355 wrote:
    BoatsNZones wrote:A road b2b win as an undermanned team is much more telling about the team on said b2b than the opposite. This was effectively a schedule loss for Golden State. Missing their 2nd best player on top of their 2 best defenders (Klay/Wiseman missing.. whatever, that's playoff talk). It matters.

They won by 40+ dude, and were already on their heels with Lavine in from the outset. Wake up.

You don't even make sense. They won and that's not enough for you , you have to pretend like it was some superhuman win. **** weirdo, man.
    mediocrityrules
    Lead Assistant
    And1: 5,031

Post#93 » by mediocrityrules » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:19 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
    mediocrityrules wrote:

There's plenty of 'you should have smashed us', and 'bulls would have expected to win by xx', 'we were so undermanned' quotes and similar to be had in the last 4 or so pages.

These comments seem to be set-ups to disparage the Bulls team (i.e., they must so bad if they can't beat this GSW team). Pretty disingenuous.
    Circling calendars since 2021
    Clav
    Starter
    And1: 1,617

Post#94 » by Clav » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:25 am

We got a game in Miami.
    Cheers
    \m/
    :guitar:
    thamadkant
    Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
    And1: 7,771

Post#95 » by thamadkant » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:28 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Lamelo fun to watch but not winning player

He's 20 years old putting up 19/8/8/1.6 spg and leading Hornets above 0.500 and into the playoffs... but yeah Ok.
    BoatsNZones
    Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by BoatsNZones » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:29 am

ch434355 wrote:
    BoatsNZones wrote:
    ch434355 wrote:

They won by 40+ dude, and were already on their heels with Lavine in from the outset. Wake up.

You don't even make sense. They won and that's not enough for you , you have to pretend like it was some superhuman win. **** weirdo, man.

Yikes kid. It was a tough road b2b with the Warriors missing their 2 best defenders + Klay and still missing Wiseman. Yes, the Bulls should have won. Or at least kept it close. Superhuman? Huh? It was indeed wild that they won by 40+, but I only mention that with you trying to discount the loss to losing Lavine early + some other mostly irrelevant pieces. Learn how to own the loss. I sure did last night. Done talking to you.
    ch434355
    Rookie

Post#97 » by ch434355 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 am

BoatsNZones wrote:
    ch434355 wrote:
    BoatsNZones wrote:They won by 40+ dude, and were already on their heels with Lavine in from the outset. Wake up.

Yikes kid. It was a tough road b2b with the Warriors missing their 2 best defenders + Klay and still missing Wiseman. Yes, the Bulls should have won. Or at least kept it close. Superhuman? Huh? It was indeed wild that they won by 40+, but I only mention that with you trying to discount the loss to losing Lavine early + some other mostly irrelevant pieces. Learn how to own the loss. I sure did last night. Done talking to you.

"Mostly irrelevant pieces"

You are oblivious to the Bulls situation. They're missing almost all of their good defenders. And you're citing Wiseman? Might as well bring up Patrick Williams then.
    BoatsNZones
    Lead Assistant

Post#98 » by BoatsNZones » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:31 am

mediocrityrules wrote:
    BoatsNZones wrote:
    mediocrityrules wrote:

There's plenty of 'you should have smashed us', and 'bulls would have expected to win by xx', 'we were so undermanned' quotes and similar to be had in the last 4 or so pages.

These comments seem to be set-ups to disparage the Bulls team (i.e., they must so bad if they can't beat this GSW team). Pretty disingenuous.

I recently got home and was not in this thread until well into the game, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. I don't even post on the Warriors board or know those guys, so whatever.
    BoatsNZones
    Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by BoatsNZones » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 am

ch434355 wrote:
    BoatsNZones wrote:
    ch434355 wrote:

"Mostly irrelevant pieces"

You are oblivious to the Bulls situation.

Lol, and apparently you're oblivious to the Warriors situation. Hint: Draymond and GPII are paramount to their defense, and Draymond is also paramount to their playmaking as a secondary playmaker offensively. I understand your perimeter D is **** relative to their norm and that your team is reeling right now. I also think they have/had no business as the East 1 seed regardless as the Nets/Bucks are far, far better teams at full strength (their +2.5 win differential is telling enough). We can leave it at that.
    jbk1234
    Retired Mod
    Retired Mod
    And1: 32,123

Post#100 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:34 am

Cavs are 10-20 from the line tonight. The Spurs have every incentive to foul on every possession when you shoot like that.
    cbosh4mvp wrote:
    Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.

Return to The General Board