ImageImageImageImage

The Official Franz Wagner Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: WELCOME TO ORLANDO FRANZ WAGNER 

Post#941 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:21 am

I love that he already complains like a vet.

As long as he doesn't sulk and it doesn't effect his play. Hasn't been an issue to this point because of his competitive fire.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#942 » by thelead » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:44 am

Who would have thought that this kid would be the second best rookie half way through the year? And really, the gap isn't that big between him and Mobley right now.

What a pick and what luck to have the Bulls slide at the end of the season to get us the 8th pick.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#943 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:16 pm

If interested.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#944 » by RookieStar » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:59 pm

Ok... Im bored so food for thought. In anorher draft class, notably the year before, you think Franz couldve been the ROY front runner?

Right now even with Magic glasses on, its still Mobley leading. Franz and Barnes seemed to have dipped while Cade is steaming over the horizon to catch up.

Mobley is a once in a decade type of rookie. I probably put him in the AD- tier while Luka/Zion is probably in the lbj-tier. So where does that leave Franz?
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#945 » by zaymon » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:15 pm

RookieStar wrote:Ok... Im bored so food for thought. In anorher draft class, notably the year before, you think Franz couldve been the ROY front runner?

Right now even with Magic glasses on, its still Mobley leading. Franz and Barnes seemed to have dipped while Cade is steaming over the horizon to catch up.

Mobley is a once in a decade type of rookie. I probably put him in the AD- tier while Luka/Zion is probably in the lbj-tier. So where does that leave Franz?

It doesnt really matter where we put them now. What matters is future development. Wagner projects as much better scorer than Mobley so i wouldnt rule out them being in the same tier in the end. I saw some graphic comparing Franz to past ROYs and he wasnt last.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,200

Post#946 » by thelead » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:40 am

I’m tired of the reduced role lately. Give the ball to Franz and let him lead the offense.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#947 » by KillMonger » Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:34 am

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,854

Post#948 » by KillMonger » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:52 pm

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#949 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:13 am

Just found this article, thought you guys might be interested. It was written pre-draft: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/franz-wagner-michigan-basketball-ncaa-nba
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,484

Post#950 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:23 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Just found this article, thought you guys might be interested. It was written pre-draft: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/franz-wagner-michigan-basketball-ncaa-nba

Man...we got a good one. I really hope we see his ceiling (in ORL, especially).
Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 367

Post#951 » by Petre1978 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:53 pm

Skybox wrote:
ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:Just found this article, thought you guys might be interested. It was written pre-draft: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/posts/franz-wagner-michigan-basketball-ncaa-nba

Really good pick by the front office.
But i don't like the Suggs pick.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#952 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 12:21 pm

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#953 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 12:22 pm

Petre1978 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Really good pick by the front office.
But i don't like the Suggs pick.

Suggs will take time. I think he’s going to be great. He’s doing great things on the defensive in. Give him time, he’ll be good on offense once it starts clicking.

ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#954 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Tue Feb 1, 2022 12:54 pm

I have never been jealous of any teams rookies. If they don’t fall to us, I don’t care. But I am telling you, if we didn’t draft Franz and he was doing what he did on another team, I would be so angry with Orlando. It’s not that I think he is going to be a future star, it’s that for the first time since this rebuilt we get a rookie who we don’t need to talk ourselves up to believe in. We’re not saying “he’ll get better offensively once he put in a summer’s worth of work”, “rookie mistake”, or “low bbIQ”. Franz has been that calm and steady player that we’ve needed and we as a board has not been arguing with each other about. What he has done for this fan base has been nothing short of a breath of fresh air. I have no clue if this kid is going to pan out but I truly appreciate him.

zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,110

Post#955 » by zaymon » Tue Feb 1, 2022 1:05 pm

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:I have never been jealous of any teams rookies. If they don’t fall to us, I don’t care. But I am telling you, if we didn’t draft Franz and he was doing what he did on another team, I would be so angry with Orlando. It’s not that I think he is going to be a future star, it’s that for the first time since this rebuilt we get a rookie who we don’t need to talk ourselves up to believe in. We’re not saying “he’ll get better offensively once he put in a summer’s worth of work”, “rookie mistake”, or “low bbIQ”. Franz has been that calm and steady player that we’ve needed and we as a board has not been arguing with each other about. What he has done for this fan base has been nothing short of a breath of fresh air. I have no clue if this kid is going to pan out but I truly appreciate him.

I am a little bit jealous of Embiid and Doncic. We were in position to get them before lottery.
I will agree that this year i am totally happy with our rookies. So far Wagner is in the same tier as Cade, Mobley and Barnes while Suggs has historical rookie season on defensive side and i enjoy his attitude so much.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Post#956 » by MagicStarwipe » Thu Feb 3, 2022 1:33 pm

Not that it matters, but how is Franz only 5th on the NBA Rookie Ladder?
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#957 » by Xatticus » Thu Feb 3, 2022 9:45 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Not that it matters, but how is Franz only 5th on the NBA Rookie Ladder?

Because whoever does it isn't a fan of the Orlando Magic? I get that Wagner is the greatest thing since sliced bread on this forum, but you have to understand that every other franchise gets giddy about their rookies as well. Nobody in Detroit is giving up Cunningham for Wagner. Nobody in Toronto is giving up Barnes for Wagner. Nobody in Cleveland is giving up Mobley for Wagner.

Every team's fan base is full of irrational zealots that can't appreciate the distinction between perception and reality. That's the nature of fandom.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,052

Post#958 » by The Effect » Thu Feb 3, 2022 9:47 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Not that it matters, but how is Franz only 5th on the NBA Rookie Ladder?

The only real question is how giddy is above him

Mobley has been the best rookie all year and might make all-nba 1st team defense as a rookie
cade has multiple triple doubles, has been on fire lately
Barnes has been the best player on the raptors this year, a playoff team right now
Giddy..........i mean hes been very good, but cant say id have him at franz level
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,074

Post#959 » by tiderulz » Thu Feb 3, 2022 10:08 pm

The Effect wrote:

Mobley has been the best rookie all year and might make all-nba 1st team defense as a rookie
Barnes has been the best player on the raptors this year, a playoff team right now
Giddy..........i mean hes been very good, but cant say id have him at franz level

Giddey is a good passer and rebounder and thats it. His PER is bad, TS is horrible (47%), 26% from 3, 41% from the field.
Wagner at below league avg PER, much better TS (56%) 35% from 3, 47% from the field 4 ppg better. No way he should be below Giddey
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#960 » by basketballRob » Thu Feb 3, 2022 10:12 pm

The Effect wrote:

Pretty sure Barnes is the 5th best Raptor this season. Siakam, Trent, OG, and Vanvleet have all been better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic