Which Simmons+Harris trade to Kings is better?

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Option 1 is best and fair for both
28%
Option 1 is best but Philly need to give more value
8%
Option 1 is best but Kings need to give more value
20%
Option 2 is best and fair for both
20%
Option 2 is best but Philly need to give more value
No votes
Option 2 is best but Kings need to give more value
4%
Both Options are equally good/bad
20%

Total votes: 25

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#1 » by zimpy27 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:35 pm

Option 1
Fox+Barnes+Hield for Simmons+Harris+Milton
Salaries are an exact match. Kings get bigger and better defensively on the wing. 76ers get Barnes to replace some of Simmons defense on wing plus some shooting and playmaking.
Fox, Curry, Green, Barnes, Embiid -- Maxey, Hield, Thybulle, Niang, Drummond -- Springer, Joe, Korkmaz, Bassey, Reed
Davion, Hali, Simmons, Harris, Holmes -- TD2, Milton, Harkless, Bagley, Len -- Ramsey, Woodard, Metu, TT, Jones

Option 2
Hali+Barnes+Hield+Bagley+TT for Simmons+Harris+Milton+Reed+Joe
Kings take on 6m more in this trade. They stay under tax though. This trade also enables 76ers to dip under the tax.
Min difference to option 1 is that Kings send Hali+TT+Bagley instead of Fox and in return they get a few young players in Joe+Reed.
Curry, Hali, Green, Barnes, Embiid -- Maxey, Hield, Thybulle, Bagley, Drummond -- Springer, Korkmaz, Niang, Bassey, TT
Fox, TD2, Simmons, Harris, Holmes -- Joe, Milton, Harkless, Reed, Len -- Ramsey, Woodard, Metu, TT, Jones
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,034

Re: Which Simmons+Harris trade to Kings is better? 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:38 pm

The 1st one is better for the Kings, but if I'm the Sixers, I'd insist on the 2nd one.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
mcfly1204
General Manager
And1: 1,831

Post#3 » by mcfly1204 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:40 pm

It's hard to say in a vacuum, without picks also being considered.
Well at least we're not Detroit!
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#4 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 am

mcfly1204 wrote:It's hard to say in a vacuum, without picks also being considered.

Yeah this was meant to be without picks. What picks do you think need to be added?
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,751

Post#5 » by Slim Tubby » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:13 am

I don’t really care for either if I’m a SAC fan. Giving up a very good, young talent in Fox or Haliburton in exchange for a mentally soft guy in Simmons is nothing better than a “high risk/high reward” venture.

Then swap two relatively young, good players in Hield and Barnes for one of the most overpaid players in the league? No thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
Slacktard
RealGM
And1: 17,520

Post#6 » by Slacktard » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:35 am

Slim Tubby wrote:I don’t really care for either if I’m a SAC fan. Giving up a very good, young talent in Fox or Haliburton in exchange for a mentally soft guy in Simmons is nothing better than a “high risk/high reward” venture.

Then swap two relatively young, good players in Hield and Barnes for one of the most overpaid players in the league? No thanks.

I think except the word out of Sacramento is they want to move Hield and Barnes. BTW, they're not really 'young' players either. Hield just turned 29, Barnes will be 30 before next season.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:31 am

Slacktard wrote:
Slim Tubby wrote:I don’t really care for either if I’m a SAC fan. Giving up a very good, young talent in Fox or Haliburton in exchange for a mentally soft guy in Simmons is nothing better than a “high risk/high reward” venture.

I think except the word out of Sacramento is they want to move Hield and Barnes. BTW, they're not really 'young' players either. Hield just turned 29, Barnes will be 30 before next season.

I do think Simmons has more value than Fox right now anyway. Not sure on Hali, perhaps equal, Hali is.younnger and has shown potential. His abilities would mesh well with 76ers. Maxey-Hali is a solid backcourt pairing.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#8 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 am

I don't see a Simmons trade where Fox doesn't go out, he doesn't have to go to Philly, but the Kings can't tie up the entirety of their cap space on 4 guys, three of whom can't shoot the ball. As it is, Barnes and Heild are two of the Kings better shooters.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#9 » by giberish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:54 am

I like the simple Fox/Simmons deal best. Adding in Heild/Barnes for Harris makes it more complicated - but it's still a better basis then the 2nd plan.

The Kings shouldn't consider any Haliburton for Simmons based deal given the downside risks of Simmons.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#10 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:26 am

If hail is getting traded I feel like maxey has to be in that deal
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by zimpy27 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:16 am

Ballerhogger wrote:If hail is getting traded I feel like maxey has to be in that deal

I think a Maxey-Hali backcourt would be ideal for Embiid. So I can see they'd try somehow. But yeah it'd be unlikely to have Harris.

Hali+Bagley+Hield for Simmons+Niang+Joe works
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,415

Post#12 » by ThatBoyNick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:39 am

I think the 1st offer is good for both, Kings have to pass on #2

Mitchell / Davis
Halliburton / Milton
Harris
Simmons / Metu
Holmes

Fox / Maxey
Curry / Hield
Thybulle / Green
Barnes / Niang
Embiid / Drummond

Biggest problems I see are Phillys back Court D being horrendous, and Kings having no functional bench. With Simmons/Holmes on the court, they really need to bring in shooting off the bench, 6 non shooting bigs Len/Jones/Thompson/Bagley/Ramsay/Woodard just won’t work.
hcsilla
RealGM
And1: 1,078

Post#13 » by hcsilla » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:21 am

If I'm the Kings, I would try to keep Haliburton.

Also I'm not sure that the Kings need to add value to the Fox-Simmons swap. In vacuum Simmons is more valuable, but he has a heavier baggage as well.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,444

Post#14 » by youngcrev » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:25 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Slacktard wrote:

I do think Simmons has more value than Fox right now anyway. Not sure on Hali, perhaps equal, Hali is.younnger and has shown potential. His abilities would mesh well with 76ers. Maxey-Hali is a solid backcourt pairing.

Haliburton is a nice, young player that any team would love to have... But I'm not sure how much potential is there. I'd be shocked if he turned into an all star caliber player. I think Morey would want some pretty significant assets on top of him in a Simmons deal, mostly with the thought of trying to flip the package in the summer.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#15 » by PhillyNj » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:48 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:If hail is getting traded I feel like maxey has to be in that deal

Lol no shot Maxey goes in either Deal.
Tukkerwolf
Starter
And1: 2,155

Post#16 » by Tukkerwolf » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:03 pm

PhillyNj wrote:

I assume the same goes for Haliburton, hence the statement by them to have Maxey included.
Lovetron Joe
Rookie
And1: 482

Post#17 » by Lovetron Joe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:08 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

I assume the same goes for Haliburton, hence the statement by them to have Maxey included.

Simmons is the best player in the deal by a healthy margin. If Sac has to move Hali to get him, they will. Maxey stays in Philly.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#18 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:46 pm

Tukkerwolf wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:

Exactly
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#19 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:47 pm

Lovetron Joe wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:Lol no shot Maxey goes in either Deal.

Simmons is the best player in the deal by a healthy margin. If Sac has to move Hali to get him, they will. Maxey stays in Philly.

The man is finshed product lacks the work ethic to get better . Cant be your go to scorer , hasn’t played a nba minute for how ?
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#20 » by GutUNC » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:40 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Lovetron Joe wrote:
Tukkerwolf wrote:I assume the same goes for Haliburton, hence the statement by them to have Maxey included.

The man is finshed product lacks the work ethic to get better . Cant be your go to scorer , hasn’t played a nba minute for how ?

Finished product of a 25-year old All Star with elite distribution and defense still seems like decent finished product despite the drawbacks, no?
GDTBATH

Return to Trades and Transactions