Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,591

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#41 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:50 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:Haliburton and Barnes are enough talent to get a Simmons trade done for me. Two good 3 point shooting perimeter starters for one non shooting threat.

throw in bagley too and its a no brainer to me. bagley as a guy who can backup joel and play beside him sounds enticing next year. Hali and barnes fit too perfectly.

Haliburton
Seth
HB
Tobias
Jo

With maxey bagley korkmaz thybule niang off the bench looks awesome.

With a big picture outlook, there is no way that Seth should be starting. Seth projects better moving forward as a sixth man. I like the fact that Maxey has a rare assist to turnover ratio so I want the ball in his hands as the PG with Haliburton doing it all. Seth and Green to the bench.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#42 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:00 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:
SelfishPlayer wrote:Haliburton and Barnes are enough talent to get a Simmons trade done for me. Two good 3 point shooting perimeter starters for one non shooting threat.

throw in bagley too and its a no brainer to me. bagley as a guy who can backup joel and play beside him sounds enticing next year. Hali and barnes fit too perfectly.

Haliburton
Seth
HB
Tobias
Jo

With a big picture outlook, there is no way that Seth should be starting. Seth projects better moving forward as a sixth man. I like the fact that Maxey has a rare assist to turnover ratio so I want the ball in his hands as the PG with Haliburton doing it all. Seth and Green to the bench.
True Maxey would start, Seth off the bench.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,037

Post#43 » by Lockdown504090 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:11 am

SelfishPlayer wrote:
Lockdown504090 wrote:

Haliburton
Seth
HB
Tobias
Jo

the playmaking on that lineup would be amazing actually, true.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,314

Post#44 » by Tottery » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:26 am

jokeboy86 wrote:Only question is would Simmons(& Paul) be happy in Sacramento? I don't doubt that Simmons wants to play but would Paul be happy with him on the Kings where he basically becomes irrelevant because that's just what the Kings have been. Paul (& Lebron) think Simmons is a big star.

Tweet says it could be a multi team deal, which means Simmons might end up somewhere outside of Sacramento. If he ends up on the Lakers that would be funny.
turnaroundJ
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,310

Post#45 » by turnaroundJ » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:29 am

No chance in hell Sac gives up Haliburton for Simmons in any package.
Tottery
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,314

Post#46 » by Tottery » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 am

I'm guessing Fox or Simmons ends up with the Lakers if this comes to fruition. I hope something gets done because I'm sick and tired and the Simmons rumors lol.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM
And1: 3,859

Post#47 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:01 am

HotelVitale wrote:
srhcan wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Fox Hield Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.
76ers may have to throw a FRP in to make it worth for Kings.

Don't think Sixers can do much with both Hield and Curry at the same time, and they'd probably rather hang on to Maxey (who's 21 and makes peanuts for next 2.5 years) than get Barnes.

Given what you're saying, might just prefer a Simmons + 1st for Fox if it came to that.

Maxey's 2nd year numbers blow Fox's 2nd year numbers away. Pass.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#48 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:04 am

Tomjas wrote:Fox is Maxey on 10 times the salary

Maxey is a better player in his 2nd year than Fox was in his 2nd year. Why the f would the Sixers want Fox when they may already have a better version of him?
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#49 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:06 am

John Murdoch wrote:This would have been done a long time ago...morey prob wants Hali

It is pretty clear to me that no Haliburton, no deal...unless the Kings can re-route Fox to a team that has a player the Sixers want.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,809

Post#50 » by giberish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:07 am

Don't see why this has to be more complicated than just Fox/Simmons.

Fox hasn't looked that good this year and has lost trade value during the season, but Simmons has also lost value so the same straight up deal that made sense in the summer still does.
bebopdeluxe
RealGM

Post#51 » by bebopdeluxe » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:10 am

This is the trade. Either this or Simmons to SAS for Murray, Thad + a player. If Chip Engelland can do for Ben's shot what he did for Kawhi's shot, they have an All-NBA player.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#52 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:24 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:This would have been done a long time ago...morey prob wants Hali

It is pretty clear to me that no Haliburton, no deal...unless the Kings can re-route Fox to a team that has a player the Sixers want.

I wouldn’t trade hail for Simmons . Simmons would need guard like hail to open the lanes up for him
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#53 » by sfballa13 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:38 am

Tottery wrote:I'm guessing Fox or Simmons ends up with the Lakers if this comes to fruition. I hope something gets done because I'm sick and tired and the Simmons rumors lol.

In what world do the Lakers have the assets to acquire Fox let alone Simmons.

THT makes 9.5M, Nunn makes 5M - those are the only players making more than 5M besides AD, Bron, and Westbrook

Fox makes 28M, Simmons makes 33M - without moving Westbrook, which is impossible without some kind of draft picks (only a 2027 1st is available to be traded by the Lakers) how would this work.

Everytime i see a trade rumor about the Lakers and Jerami Grant or Simmons or anyone decent published by actual NBA writers/analysts im genuinely wondering if they are even aware of the cap situation in LA
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 31,982

Post#54 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:56 am

jokeboy86 wrote:Only question is would Simmons(& Paul) be happy in Sacramento? I don't doubt that Simmons wants to play but would Paul be happy with him on the Kings where he basically becomes irrelevant because that's just what the Kings have been. Paul (& Lebron) think Simmons is a big star.

That's irrelevant now. If either Klutch or Simmons make a stink over where he's traded, the league could actually intervene. At a minimum, Klutch and Ben would be completely toxic around the NBA. This is definitely a keep your head down and be the model teammate situation.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#55 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:

This is the trade. Either this or Simmons to SAS for Murray, Thad + a player. If Chip Engelland can do for Ben's shot what he did for Kawhi's shot, they have an All-NBA player.

Truly think one of these deals is it as well. Murray or Hali both fit really well with Maxey
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#56 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:35 am

bebopdeluxe wrote:
Tomjas wrote:Fox is Maxey on 10 times the salary

Maxey is a better player in his 2nd year than Fox was in his 2nd year. Why the f would the Sixers want Fox when they may already have a better version of him?

Lot of it has to do getting rid of Simmons
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#57 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:37 am

If the sixers want hail maxey has to be part of the deal or the deal is too far part in value .
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#58 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 am

Ballerhogger wrote:If the sixers want hail maxey has to be part of the deal or the deal is too far part in value .

Maxey is a huge part of the reason they would want Hali. There would be no deal to be had if that was the case. Though I do think that there would probably be no picks to be had if Hali was coming back
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,760

Post#59 » by XtremeDunkz » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:27 am

Ballerhogger wrote:If the sixers want hail maxey has to be part of the deal or the deal is too far part in value .
Maxey value is way too high now to be a part of a Simmons deal. That ship left the dock months ago.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Bobbymcgee
Starter
And1: 1,938

Post#60 » by Bobbymcgee » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 am

Simmons / Harris for Fox, Heild, Barnes makes sense.

Maybe Sacramento finds someone to take on Harris. Like Harris to Pacers for Turner or Sabonis and LeVert.

And, Sixers find someone to take on Heild. Maybe trade for a forward so there backcourt isn't so clogged up.

Return to The General Board