Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#61 » by KingFox » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:58 am

I'm pretty sure Simmons will be traded in a deal that we haven't heard about yet. The chances of this Kings deal are low IMO - although i'd love to try something different as a Kings fan. We simply can't keep doing this treadmill crap
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Re: Haynes : Sixers canvassed the prospect of a Fox-Ben Simmons trade package as recently as a few days ago 

Post#62 » by BostonCouchGM » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:02 am

Maxey has to be one of the most overrated players on here. That said, this is a TV show so even though no team should want Westbrook and the Lakers have next to nothing to offer to even be involved, the league and its farm system teams will bend over backwards to get him Simmons or some other star with Westbrook going out. When this happens it should end the debate between MJ and Lebron. But of course it won’t because his army of sycophants in the media will protect him.
marcush
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,151

Post#63 » by marcush » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 am

agkagk wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

This trade was my first thought, then I realized it’s the kings, so now I fully expect them to take back Tobias Harris’ contract in any package!

On a serious note, Halliburton would be about as perfect a shooting guard as you could start next to maxey.

Hield, halli and Barnes for Ben should work salary wise

Shop hield for a functional bench piece or two.

Halliburton maxey Barnes Tobias Joel
Curry, korkmaz, hield, green, Drummond

....hield and a couple seconds for t-Ross’ expiring contract?

My first thought was that those salaries do not nearly match. Around 25m out.
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#64 » by GYK » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:21 am

I just don’t see Hali being I the deal if there’s no haul. They aren’t in a position to have to do anything. They could blow it up and get something from everywhere.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#65 » by sacking123 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:04 pm

How did this go from the 6ers have called the Kings about Fox for Simmons recently to the Kings having to put up Hali/Barnes or Fox/Barnes etc?
Has McNair changed his offer of Barnes + for Simmons? Probably not given the current climate. What has changed to change his mind? Who has upped their offer to prompt the Kings? Fox is balling out lately. Hali is far more valuable than Simmons trade wise. He won’t be going out.
Now having said that, are the 6ers gauging what they can get for Fox in a 3 team and keep the Kings happy? Maybe. Let’s see if a deal gets done. I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,025

Post#66 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:55 pm

I think Fox gets rerouted to a 3rd team, the Sixers need an upgrade at the 2/3 more than they do at PG.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#67 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:24 pm

turnaroundJ wrote:No chance in hell Sac gives up Haliburton for Simmons in any package.
I have the feeling that the Kings would give up Fox first because of his contract. They are a small market and can't see them with two max players that both need to be on the ball.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:27 pm

Bobbymcgee wrote:Simmons / Harris for Fox, Heild, Barnes makes sense.

Maybe Sacramento finds someone to take on Harris. Like Harris to Pacers for Turner or Sabonis and LeVert.

And, Sixers find someone to take on Heild. Maybe trade for a forward so there backcourt isn't so clogged up.
I don't see Harris having that much value. He's a tweener. Not big enough to guard the four and not quick enough to guard the three.

SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,638

Post#69 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:00 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:If the sixers want hail maxey has to be part of the deal or the deal is too far part in value .

Haliburton and Maxey perhaps have equal trade value right about now.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
SelfishPlayer
Head Coach
And1: 2,638

Post#70 » by SelfishPlayer » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:04 pm

basketballRob wrote:
Bobbymcgee wrote:Simmons / Harris for Fox, Heild, Barnes makes sense.

Maybe Sacramento finds someone to take on Harris. Like Harris to Pacers for Turner or Sabonis and LeVert.

And, Sixers find someone to take on Heild. Maybe trade for a forward so there backcourt isn't so clogged up.
I don't see Harris having that much value. He's a tweener. Not big enough to guard the four and not quick enough to guard the three.

No such thing as a tweener anymore. The 4's that Harris couldn't guard don't exist anymore. He is not at his best defending the 3. With that said, he can score on just about any 4 or 3 in the league.
SelfishPlayer wrote:The Mavs won playoff games without Luka

The Mavs missed the playoffs without Brunson.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#71 » by pipfan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:09 pm

I agree-try to involve NO and get Ingram.
Fox to NO, plus a 1st from Sac and 1 from Philly
Simmons to Sac
Ingram to Philly
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#72 » by Wilfried » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:47 pm

jokeboy86 wrote:Only question is would Simmons(& Paul) be happy in Sacramento? I don't doubt that Simmons wants to play but would Paul be happy with him on the Kings where he basically becomes irrelevant because that's just what the Kings have been. Paul (& Lebron) think Simmons is a big star.

Simmons has nothing to say
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,879

Post#73 » by agkagk » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:57 pm

marcush wrote:
agkagk wrote:
Tor_Raps wrote:Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Maxey as the principal pieces seems like a good trade to me.

This trade was my first thought, then I realized it’s the kings, so now I fully expect them to take back Tobias Harris’ contract in any package!

On a serious note, Halliburton would be about as perfect a shooting guard as you could start next to maxey.

76ers would need to add roughly 4 - 5 million to match the incoming salaries but they would be deep in the tax.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,025

Post#74 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:57 pm

A Haliburton/Mitchell/Simmon ball handling trio works, and you get a ton of defense from Simmons and Mitchell, so I can see why the Kings are interested. It doesn't work if it's Fox + Simmons, not enough shooting or ability to play off the ball, while Mitchell and Haliburton both can play on and off it.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#75 » by mksp » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:02 pm

Only interested in Simmons for Hali.

More than fair for both sides. Maxey isn't going anywhere.
Rakkasan
Sophomore
And1: 127

Post#76 » by Rakkasan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:44 pm

BostonCouchGM wrote:Maxey has to be one of the most overrated players on here. That said, this is a TV show so even though no team should want Westbrook and the Lakers have next to nothing to offer to even be involved, the league and its farm system teams will bend over backwards to get him Simmons or some other star with Westbrook going out. When this happens it should end the debate between MJ and Lebron. But of course it won’t because his army of sycophants in the media will protect him.

This has nothing to do with a MJ vs LeBron debate. Teams are supposed to do whatever they can to get the players they need to win, most people understand that. Your take is just flat out nonsensical. Just say you're a LeBron hater and be done with it.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,755

Post#77 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:48 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I think Fox gets rerouted to a 3rd team, the Sixers need an upgrade at the 2/3 more than they do at PG.

Which means they need to find another team that

a) has a package sufficiently enticing to the Sixers for Simmons, and that package needs to include a very good wing player.
b) prefers Fox to Simmons, and is willing to give up said package

Color me skeptical. Are there any starter level wing players of similar caliber to Fox who a team would trade for Fox? I personally can't think of any.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#78 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:51 pm

Snakebites wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:I think Fox gets rerouted to a 3rd team, the Sixers need an upgrade at the 2/3 more than they do at PG.

a) has a package sufficiently enticing to the Sixers for Simmons, and that package needs to include a very good wing player.

Color me skeptical. Are there any starter level wing players of similar caliber to Fox who a team would trade for Fox? I personally can't think of any.

Idea would be that picks or whatever from the Kings and Sixers would be going along with Fox to the third team.

Of course that third player/team hasn't manifested itself yet which is why we are still waiting!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,755

Post#79 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:52 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

Idea would be that picks or whatever from the Kings and Sixers would be going along with Fox to the third team.

Of course that third player/team hasn't manifested itself yet which is why we are still waiting!

I hear yah on the waiting part, I'm just not even sure who said player even hypothetically would be. If we're talking about wing players who might be available in that sort of deal that's just not a long list, and I don't even know who might be touchable in a trade. Teams don't like to deal away all star level wings. They're as rare and valuable a commodity as you can have in a trade. And if one really is available in a deal with Fox as the primary guy going to that team, then you've got the potential that the Kings would just work out a deal with them and cut the Sixers out of it entirely.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,043

Post#80 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:54 pm

agkagk wrote:
marcush wrote:
agkagk wrote:

76ers would need to add roughly 4 - 5 million to match the incoming salaries but they would be deep in the tax.

Guessing in this scenario the Sixers would be sending Green out which would more than cover that. As that proposed depth chart above shows adding 3 guys would fill the rotation up pretty quickly and it doesn't even include Thybulle or Niang.

Return to The General Board