ImageImageImageImageImage

Another move has to be coming...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,176

Another move has to be coming... 

Post#1 » by BBALLER4FR » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:36 am

1. We have a RJ/Cam duo in the making at the SG/SF spot
2. Thibs immediately blurted out "Love him! Love him!" when reporters asked about Grimes
3. Fournier is not the defender or the dog we need and his shooting is so hit or miss.
4. Randle has had a down year and his demeanor doesn't say he'd be willing to work share with yet another dude.
5. Quickly has been coming along.
6. Mitch has been really effective when you don't forget about him (yet another slice taken from Randle's plate)
7. Rose ain't going nowhere (Thibs guy)
8. Taj ain't going nowhere (Thibs guy)
9. Burks has been a soldier this year. Real soldier.
10. Obi is the odd man out because Thibs doesn't like him.
11. Noel seems like a Thibs guy but he's not that good.
12. Thibs hates Kemba.
13. McBride is the perfect Thibs PG (better defender than Elfrid, but need to work on his shooting).

PG...
SG...
SF...RJ
PF...Reddish
C....Mitch

How do we resolve this? I know Thibs is fixated with Randle but that presents a problem because we could balance out this team with a guy who doesn't need as many attepts, but plays good defense and facilitates. I think a guy like Simmons would do us well because he's 6'11", he can penetrate and score, he can defend and he can facilitate without the need for FGA. If I could figure this out, I'd find a way to move Randle and bring in Simmons.

Use assets to get players for Randle. Package Grimes/McBride/pick(s) and find a way to get Simmons here.

PG - Simmons/(Rose and Kemba)
SG - Burks/IQ
SF - RJ/Fournier
PF - Cam/Obi/Taj
C - Mitch/Noel

How can we bolster a RJ, Cam and Mitch core?
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
SuperflyKnick
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Re: Another move has to be coming... 

Post#2 » by SuperflyKnick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:16 am

Yes a move for a PG should be coming ...Most important thing this team needs
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,894

Post#3 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:37 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:1. We have a RJ/Cam duo in the making at the SG/SF spot
2. Thibs immediately blurted out "Love him! Love him!" when reporters asked about Grimes
3. Fournier is not the defender or the dog we need and his shooting is so hit or miss.
4. Randle has had a down year and his demeanor doesn't say he'd be willing to work share with yet another dude.
6. Mitch has been really effective when you don't forget about him (yet another slice taken from Randle's plate)
12. Thibs hates Kemba.
13. McBride is the perfect Thibs PG (better defender than Elfrid, but need to work on his shooting).

PG...
SG...
SF...RJ
PF...Reddish
C....Mitch

How do we resolve this? I know Thibs is fixated with Randle but that presents a problem because we could balance out this team with a guy who doesn't need as many attepts, but plays good defense and facilitates. I think a guy like Simmons would do us well because he's 6'11", he can penetrate and score, he can defend and he can facilitate without the need for FGA. If I could figure this out, I'd find a way to move Randle and bring in Simmons.

Use assets to get players for Randle. Package Grimes/McBride/pick(s) and find a way to get Simmons here.

SG - Burks/IQ
SF - RJ/Fournier
PF - Cam/Obi/Taj
C - Mitch/Noel

Dope post. Hit on all points forreal
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#4 » by seren » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:42 am

Disagreed. The trade was an opportunity trade to turn Knox’s expiring and a low pick that we might not be able to use this year into something. I don’t think the FO has any plans to completely turn over the roster. Not until the summer anyways.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,894

Post#5 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:49 am

The move to make is get a late 1st for Burks and make it Grimes time.

Kid has everything you want to be an all star. We trade him we're the dumbest fkn franchise ever. His shooting is just different already at this stage. He's a baby still 21
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#6 » by F N 11 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 am

Hopefully for a point guard Finally
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
TheDavinciCHODE
Sixth Man
And1: 1,861

Post#7 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 am

As much as we should appreciate what Julius did for us last season, our ceiling is limited with him as our best player.

This is 2022, a PF cannot be initiating your offense from isolation unless his name is Lebron James.

Our ceiling will be much higher with switchy wings and shooters around a point guard who can generate offense. Whether that's D Rose, Quick, Kemba, or someone we trade for, who knows.

I like the idea of trading for Turner. Imagine this lineup...

Quickly
Burke
RJ
Cam
Turner

everyone can shoot, defend, and pass, and 4/5 can handle the ball and make plays.

Our true ceiling as a team won't be reached with our current roster unless we trade for a star guard/wing playmaker, not saying there's one even available, just saying if we want to maximize current talent, that's what we need to do.

We won't go anywhere but the 1st round or play-in with julius as our #1.

Fournier, Mitch, Deuce, and picks for Turner?

IDK just spit balling. I like the idea of Turner in the middle, especially with D Rose coming back this season.

Quickly
Rose
RJ
Cam
Turner

could be fun :)
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#8 » by dukeknicksirish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:35 am

Unfortunately , even with Cam’s 6’8 size, he can’t defend the PF position.
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#9 » by dukeknicksirish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:37 am

Would we have an interest in doing a deal for Turner & Brodgon ?
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#10 » by WargamesX » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 am

dukeknicksirish wrote:Would we have an interest in doing a deal for Turner & Brodgon ?

Brogdan can’t be traded this year due to a contract technicality
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#11 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:32 am

When I see people putting Cam at PF I cringe. The only thing this team should have down now is the SG/SF starters in RJ and Reddish.
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Post#12 » by Spot31 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:19 am

I don't want Reddish playing as an undersized PF.
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,341

Post#13 » by Worst_to_First » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:53 am

spree2kawhi wrote:When I see people putting Cam at PF I cringe. The only thing this team should have down now is the SG/SF starters in RJ and Reddish.

Yes agreed. For Cam you have to make the most of the size and length advantages he would have against the opposing team’s wings.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,809

Post#14 » by Adelheid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:57 am

he could if the other team goes small ball

but on normal situations he should just be an sf
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,374

Post#15 » by Ray Williams » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:23 pm

BBALLER4FR wrote:1. We have a RJ/Cam duo in the making at the SG/SF spot
12. Thibs hates Kemba.

PG...
SG...
SF...RJ
PF...Reddish
C....Mitch

SG - Burks/IQ
SF - RJ/Fournier
PF - Cam/Obi/Taj
C - Mitch/Noel

I’d rather keep Grimes and include Burks in that deal, even it it meant adding Dallas’ pick.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,281

Post#16 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:48 pm

I think the Knicks are done.

Last year they struck early for what was a small asset move that turned into a big deal for the Knicks: DSJr and a 2nd for DRose.

This year, they struck early moving a somewhat more significant asset of a low 1st rounder, plus Knox, for Cam Reddish.

Cam won't have the impact Rose did and they aren't thinking he will.

MAYBE they move a player for a pick. They should. We used to talk about the Knicks having "all the extra first rounders" a couple of years ago, but two of them have been converted into IQ and Cam Reddish, and now what the Knicks have is their own picks, plus one extra pick; a Mavs 1st rounder in 2023 that will probably be in the early 20s. That's it.

And a bunch of 2nd rounders.

Not really seeing the Knicks making any more trades.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#17 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:54 pm

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,299

Post#18 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:12 pm

Thibs barely plays a 10 man rotation. So....if no other moves are made...this is either gonna bench a young guy we already had or be a waste of time for Cam. When Kemba and Rose come back...then what? We need to move two more players at least. Burks/BadMeat/Randle/Noel can all STFU and GTFO!! :lol: Did I forget anyone? One of Kemba/Rose can go too. We need a STARTING PG who doesn't already have an injury/health issue to worry about. We need to replace Randle with a more efficient player with a better contract. Unless Randle can become that guy...we need to move on...like 3totheback does! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#19 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:22 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Thibs barely plays a 10 man rotation. So....if no other moves are made...this is either gonna bench a young guy we already had or be a waste of time for Cam. When Kemba and Rose come back...then what? We need to move two more players at least. Burks/BadMeat/Randle/Noel can all STFU and GTFO!! :lol: Did I forget anyone? One of Kemba/Rose can go too. We need a STARTING PG who doesn't already have an injury/health issue to worry about. We need to replace Randle with a more efficient player with a better contract. Unless Randle can become that guy...we need to move on...like 3totheback does! :lol:

We'd LIKE them to make a move. Most teams barely play 10 also. I mean, maybe Thibs leans harder into his starters, but teams usually go 10 and that's it, then it's injuries or some minor situational stuff.

Some of it is math that we already know. There are 48 minutes at each position per game. 240 for 5.
Split 10 ways evenly, it's 24 each. Most teams like to play their starters around 32, each backup around 16.
When the players are closer together in ability or really like a tandem, it's pretty even, like where Mitch and Kanter got to 2 years ago.
The other extreme is Randle getting all the minutes and Obi getting cardio for like 8 mpg, lol.

Anyway, yes, the Knicks have too many players so some mediocre guy is going to play zero minutes. Could be Fournier (doubtful) or Burks (doubtful) or Cam (doubtful) or IQ (possible or probable) or Grimes (possible or probable)

Actually, I have a new theory. I'll put in the next post.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,209

Post#20 » by Kampuchea » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

WTF? There are some horrible lineups being posted on here, Cam seems to be grossly overrated since we just traded for him. Simmons and Cam? Cam and Turner?

Hopefully that’s not the consensus on here, those lineups are nauseating

Return to New York Knicks