ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

srhcan
Starter
And1: 1,481

Re: Official Scottie Barnes Thread 2 

Post#221 » by srhcan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:37 am

Barnes looks a bit afraid to shoot today. May be losing confidence in his shot?
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,649

Post#222 » by hype_2004 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:43 am

HumbleRen wrote:I know everyone desperately wants Siakam and Barnes to work but I don't know man, it's so painfully obvious that Barnes is a 4.

Patience little Jedi, sooner or later Barnes will be the focal point of this team, just watch.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer
And1: 984

Post#223 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:06 am

WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Tonight we saw in the second half when Siakam went to the bench Scottie went into the post and scored. I think Siakam has improved and playing very good basketball, but when look at the difference on how Scottie started the season and now after Siakam returned. NIGHT & DAY PRODUCTION. The shots and attempts Siakam is taking in the post, most of those Scottie was taking and making at high rate
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,457

Post#224 » by DG88 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:10 am

Read on Twitter
?t=pvKHd2TcbSTZjmkzi5Ivlg&s=19
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,391

Post#225 » by Darkseid » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 am

Ain't worried.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#226 » by KL78192020 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:14 am

DG88 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=pvKHd2TcbSTZjmkzi5Ivlg&s=19

Why is he even playing injured lol.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#227 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:40 am

hype_2004 wrote:
HumbleRen wrote:I know everyone desperately wants Siakam and Barnes to work but I don't know man, it's so painfully obvious that Barnes is a 4.

Patience little Jedi, sooner or later Barnes will be the focal point of this team, just watch.

Never going to work and it may take some time but the Raptors will eventually trade Siakam. You cannot have a talent like Scottie playing the role of garbage man. He hangs out in the corner waiting, you want him in the post taking advantage of his size and athletic talent. Never going reach his potential with Siakam and that is nothing to do if I think Siakam is a good player because he is. They just have similar games and play the same postion, its a problem and Siakam backers won't admit it because they know how this story ends

I guarantee Masai did not invest the 4th overall pick the draft for his new garbage man center
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#228 » by Ref_from_hell » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:42 am

Read on Twitter
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,338

Post#229 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:50 am

Dude-niagara wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Tonight we saw in the second half when Siakam went to the bench Scottie went into the post and scored. I think Siakam has improved and playing very good basketball, but when look at the difference on how Scottie started the season and now after Siakam returned. NIGHT & DAY PRODUCTION. The shots and attempts Siakam is taking in the post, most of those Scottie was taking and making at high rate

It's pretty clear Siakam and Barnes don't mesh well together right now. Scottie's greatest strength offensively is in the post and with the ball in his hands, but spends most of his time on the perimeter and offball.

At some point the Raptors will need to decide if they think they can win another championship with this team and Siakam or whether they need to trade him and get some more balance. The other issue is Siakam rarely looks for Barnes and Scottie knows this so he barely others doing anything when Siakam has the ball in his hands. It can work if Siakam can start looking for Barnes, but he has shown an unwillingness so far.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 18,776

Post#230 » by DelAbbot » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:11 am

hype_2004 wrote:

Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#231 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:38 am

Tha Cynic wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

It's pretty clear Siakam and Barnes don't mesh well together right now. Scottie's greatest strength offensively is in the post and with the ball in his hands, but spends most of his time on the perimeter and offball.

At some point the Raptors will need to decide if they think they can win another championship with this team and Siakam or whether they need to trade him and get some more balance. The other issue is Siakam rarely looks for Barnes and Scottie knows this so he barely others doing anything when Siakam has the ball in his hands. It can work if Siakam can start looking for Barnes, but he has shown an unwillingness so far.

Thanks for a great comment and being honest, I agree with all of your comments. I just don't see this improving because Siakam is not going to let a player younger than him take over the team. Not going to happen and Masai will need to make a decision on this in the offseason. Scottie was not drafted to be some 4th or 5th option or some garbage man center
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#232 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:40 am

DelAbbot wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

Those two are the rookie wall, MR FREZZE would be proud
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,685

Post#233 » by Badonkadonk » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:09 am

Tha Cynic wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
WuTang_OG wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Literally the opposite of this. Folk's article goes into detail about Siakam's impact to Barnes' game - nobody (even Fred) has synergized better this year.

Barnes has tendinitis in his knee, and in his own words, can't move well.
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#234 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:00 pm

Badonkadonk wrote:
Tha Cynic wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:

Literally the opposite of this. Folk's article goes into detail about Siakam's impact to Barnes' game - nobody (even Fred) has synergized better this year.

Barnes has tendinitis in his knee, and in his own words, can't move well.

Scottie needs the ball in his hands, the problem is so does Siakam. Scottie does not play well off the ball , enough with trying to talk that it can work because he does not look the same since SIAKAM returned. He is not some utility role player.
anj
Bench Warmer
And1: 909

Post#235 » by anj » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:28 pm

Dude-niagara wrote:
hype_2004 wrote:

Never going to work and it may take some time but the Raptors will eventually trade Siakam. You cannot have a talent like Scottie playing the role of garbage man. He hangs out in the corner waiting, you want him in the post taking advantage of his size and athletic talent. Never going reach his potential with Siakam and that is nothing to do if I think Siakam is a good player because he is. They just have similar games and play the same postion, its a problem and Siakam backers won't admit it because they know how this story ends

I guarantee Masai did not invest the 4th overall pick the draft for his new garbage man center

Barnes's role seems perfectly normal for a 20-year-old rookie. DeRozan was the 5th option here when he came in the league. The Bucks didn't run anything for Giannis in his first year. Kawhi had the exact same "garbage man" role when he started out with the Spurs. It's actually a great way to develop talent. It takes pressure off the kid, teaches him how to score in the flow of an NBA game, and helps him understand how to play top-level team basketball. Scottie's already a great team player, but there's still plenty he can learn. His struggles lately are down to his knee and maybe the dreaded rookie wall. He'll be just fine playing with Siakam, it might take another year though and a bit of creativity from Nurse.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#236 » by mintsa » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:17 pm

I know Scottie is banged up but damn is he fading fast…….
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#237 » by will » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:36 pm

Free Scottie Barnes!

(from the rookie wall and The Pecking Order)
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#238 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:12 pm

[quote="will"]Free Scottie Barnes!

Only way this pecking order changes is Masai gets in involved. No different from other GM's who cleared away ball hogging vets after they drafted a talented young player. You surround him with vets who understand their roles and Scottie's role. Having said that, Scottie still has to get better with his handles before moving forward in the role category. Once he improves enough, I see them trading away one of the ball dominant vets.
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 11,768

Post#239 » by Los_29 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:06 pm

Dude-niagara wrote:
will wrote:Free Scottie Barnes!

Only way this pecking order changes is Masai gets in involved. No different from other GM's who cleared away ball hogging vets after they drafted a talented young player. You surround him with vets who understand their roles and Scottie's role. Having said that, Scottie still has to get better with his handles before moving forward in the role category. Once he improves enough, I see them trading away one of the ball dominant vets.

We don’t have any ball dominant vets. Are we watching the same team?
Dude-niagara
Bench Warmer

Post#240 » by Dude-niagara » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:08 pm

Los_29 wrote:
Dude-niagara wrote:
will wrote:Free Scottie Barnes!

We don’t have any ball dominant vets. Are we watching the same team?

What freaking games do you watch? if you don't see any ball hogs then were watching two different games and your most likely a fanboy of one of them

Return to Toronto Raptors