ImageImageImageImageImage

Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dave DaButcher
Sixth Man
And1: 4,296

Re: Trades and Transactions, 2022 Edition 

Post#921 » by Dave DaButcher » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:27 pm

So, is the consensus starting lineup in a couple years now: Fox, premium shooter TBD, RJ, healthy non-fat Zion, and Myles Turner?
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,406

Post#922 » by ag3 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:28 pm

Thibs loves Burks. Doubt he will be in any trade package.
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#923 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:29 pm

Dave DaButcher wrote:So, is the consensus starting lineup in a couple years now: Fox, premium shooter TBD, RJ, healthy non-fat Zion, and Myles Turner?

IMO Randle is a safer bet than Zion and that means a lot coming from me. I’d love a lineup like this:

Sexton
Barrett
Reddish
Randle
Turner

Picture perfect, nothing to hate here.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,385

Post#924 » by Polk377 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:40 pm

ag3 wrote:Thibs loves Burks. Doubt he will be in any trade package.

The Knicks management group has about 5 or 6 heads that all have a say in making decisions. If the overall believe making a move to trade Burks at high value to get a piece that better suits the team they will come to a consensus. Out of all the guys we have now Burks makes the most sense to trade at this point to see about getting a true lead guard. We can't put our hopes that Walker or Rose will stay healthy this season and Burks is not the answer at PG nor should he get any minutes when everyone comes back with Reddish coming over now. Fox, Haliburton, Murray, Brunson and Brogdon would be my main targets.
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,065

Post#925 » by Jeffrey » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Polk377 wrote:
ag3 wrote:Thibs loves Burks. Doubt he will be in any trade package.

Fox, Haliburton, Murray, Brunson and Brogdon would be my main targets.

I would love Brogdon or Brunson. But Brogdon can't be traded until next offseason due to extension

I would imagine Fox, Haliburton and Murray will break the core and draft capital... are you willing to risk that?

Same goes for Murray.
pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 708

Post#926 » by pwayknicks » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:25 pm

Cannot ever see a team with randle and Barrett in its lineup being a premium team. Specifically randle, that man plays losing ball and needs to be a part of any deal. The fact we are looking to jerami grant gives me some hope the front office knows this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 708

Post#927 » by pwayknicks » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:29 pm

Much as I don’t like westbrook I would love to attempt to take advantage of the lakers desperation by moving Evan burks Noel and kemba for wb and grab some picks along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 17,711

Post#928 » by Monk1718 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 pm

So when are we getting Fats Williamson?
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#929 » by Jeffrey » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:31 pm

Just to make you guys mad... how angry would you be if this happened?

KP
Brunson
Bullock

for

Randle
Fournier
Walker
The Vo Show
Pro Prospect
And1: 730

Post#930 » by The Vo Show » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:18 am

Jeffrey wrote:Just to make you guys mad... how angry would you be if this happened?

KP
Brunson
Bullock

for

Randle
Fournier
Walker

I was just thinking how we can get Brunson and this scenario was one of the few that made sense. Probably have to throw in a first or take THJr instead of Bullock.
dukeknicksirish
Veteran
And1: 1,915

Post#931 » by dukeknicksirish » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am

The Vo Show wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Just to make you guys mad... how angry would you be if this happened?

KP
Brunson
Bullock

for

Randle
Fournier
Walker

I was just thinking how we can get Brunson and this scenario was one of the few that made sense. Probably have to throw in a first or take THJr instead of Bullock.

Lol I can’t imagine the garden having to cheer for KP again :lol: :lol: :lol:

But spacing wise…… makes sense to compliment RJ’s game
IUPUI Basketball Alum / Former College Coach
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#932 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:44 am

dukeknicksirish wrote:
The Vo Show wrote:

KP
Brunson
Bullock

for

Randle
Fournier
Walker

Lol I can’t imagine the garden having to cheer for KP again :lol: :lol: :lol:

But spacing wise…… makes sense to compliment RJ’s game

Our own players are way better.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#933 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:59 am

Sexton
Turner
Wood

seem like decent targets. There really isn’t much else out there assuming RJ and Cam are starters going forward. I probably wouldn’t trade Randle for any of the above. Imagine we could get them though:

Sexton, RJ, Reddish, Randle, Wood

Wow! Then again, trading Randle in the process of upgrading young talent doesn’t look too bad either (in this case including Mitch to Boston in a package for the Timelord and some future assets):

Sexton, RJ, Reddish, Obi, Timelord :nod:

Another idea could be sending Randle to SAC for Barnes and Haliburton or Mitchell, not Fox. They build around him and Randle (Fox, Mitchell/Hield, Davis, Randle, Holmes):

Haliburton, RJ, Reddish, Obi/Barnes, Mitch :nod:

Shooting, check.
Defense, check.
Passing, check.
Length +athleticism, check.
Timeline, check.
Scoring remains an issue probably.
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,536

Post#934 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:11 am

In regards to Fox: I think any trade scenario where we get Fox without giving up R.J. is out of the question (unless you pony up something crazy like 4 minimally protected first rounders etc.). Just ask yourself if you were in Sacramento's shoes: Would you trade a young and talented (albeit not perfect) PG to the Knicks without RJ being included in that deal? Absolutely not---their GM would get smoked right away.

My 2 cents on all these rumors: I've examined every possible PG target out there and no "strong" PG option is really realistic at the upcoming deadline. The truth is that the play-in format has a lot of teams trying to hang in there (which is actually a good thing for the NBA and the sport in general--in contrast to 10 teams starting to tank right now) and thus you have more buyers and less "willing" sellers.
Some of the rumors are just wishful thinking and would cost a ton: For example---why should the Raptors really trade VanFleet? He is a fan favorite, on a good contract and the Raptors look like a team that can definitely hang in there and make the playoffs through the Play-in. Again, it would take an almost insane offer to convince Ujiri to essentially stop competing this season (something comparable to what Milwaukee did with Holiday). Not a realistic option at all.

Lillard, Beal etc. have been repeatedly rumored but the players and teams have always been strongly denying those rumors---trading either of them at the deadline seems completely unrealistic (again---only realistic if you put some irresponsible, insane offer out there).

Dejountey Murray: Again, I've seen his name being thrown out by multiple articles and sometimes posters---but why would the Spurs trade him? They are in the hunt for the play-in and he is 25, a good defender, big guard and getting you 19/9/8 on decent percentages. I wouldn't 100% rule out the Spurs considering trading him, but it would have to be a very strong offer as well, involving multiple picks.

We have to remain somewhat realistic with the upcoming trade deadline. The other 29 teams are not dumb---everyone knows that you need good PG play if you want to have success in this league. No one is gonna gift-wrap us their young talented PGs. We would have to put out an offer strong enough that the other team couldn't resist. And in that case it just wouldn't be worth it for us because literally no one of these guys would turn us into anything more than a "potential" 2nd round out. Such deals would only pan out if the incoming PG would explode into all-star/super-star level play. Otherwise we only cement a position as a 45-48 win team and 2nd round out with no real chance of putting a contender together in the next 3-4 years.

And which rumored options out there are really gonna make us much better than Derrick Rose anyways? Not many (although of course health is a big issue with Rose).

The FO needs to be opportunistic and not panic. If we can add a piece at a reasonable price they should be aggressive and do it. If not, then we may make the play-in and/or playoffs or not. Even if we lose in the play-in and have a late lottery pick (say 12th) it is not the as terrible as it sounds (+ Mavs pick). You go to draft night and have a much better chance at making a sensible trade with a lottery pick and teams in offseason mode looking at shaking up their rosters.

I think if there is a trade to be made before the deadline it may really be the often rumored Myles Turner heading to New York. The Pacers have dropped out contention for the Play-in completely. They are definitely going to make some moves (probably trading Turner and LeVert at least---I still think they'll want very strong value back for Sabonis and are likely gonna trade him in the offseason). If Turner can be had you have to make an accurate judgment in regards to what a reasonable price for him is. How much is he gonna improve the team? The Pacers are likely gonna be interested in a first-round pick along with one of our young prospects (Mitch would be the most logical candidate as it makes little sense going forward having Turner and Mitch on the Roster). But is Turner worth giving up say Mitch + a first-round pick and a salary filler?
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,536

Post#935 » by HopelessKnick » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:28 am

Let me add one final point: Despite this dissapointing season, the Knicks are not in a bad position per se. We have all our own picks + the Mavs pick. Our roster consists of a lot of young players, some more talented some less. Most important, we have no real unmovable contract that is gonna keep the team from making moves. Management needs to be prudent and opprtunistic in the upcoming moves---not panic and throw out picks and insane offers, trying forcefully to lift us in a position (contending for a title) which at this point is just highly improbable.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Post#936 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:45 pm

I think the Knicks are done.

Last year they struck early for what was a small asset move that turned into a big deal for the Knicks: DSJr and a 2nd for DRose.

This year, they struck early moving a somewhat more significant asset of a low 1st rounder, plus Knox, for Cam Reddish.

Cam won't have the impact Rose did and they aren't thinking he will.

MAYBE they move a player for a pick. They should. We used to talk about the Knicks having "all the extra first rounders" a couple of years ago, but two of them have been converted into IQ and Cam Reddish, and now what the Knicks have is their own picks, plus one extra pick 1st rounder is 2023 that will probably be in the early 20s. That's it.

And a bunch of 2nd rounders.

Not really seeing the Knicks making any more trades.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,635

Post#937 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Free Palestine
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,254

Post#938 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:41 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

So Mitchell to Miami it is while the Knicks are teased
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,376

Post#939 » by Ray Williams » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:07 pm

Randle
Fournier
Burks
Dallas pick

For

Fox
Barnes

Mitch…. Noel
Obi…. Barnes
Cam…. Grimes
RJ….Grimes
Fox…(Rose) Quickley

We would kill people on the break with Fox and Obi.
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#940 » by Jeffrey » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:09 pm

Ray Williams wrote:Randle
Fournier
Burks
Dallas pick

For

Fox
Barnes

Mitch…. Noel
Obi…. Barnes
Cam…. Grimes
RJ….Grimes
Fox…(Rose) Quickley

We would kill people on the break with Fox and Obi.

You forgot Kemba.. I would substitute kemba for Burks. I think Burks solidifies a very good bench with that your suggesting.

Return to New York Knicks