Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PhillyFan11
Rookie
And1: 444

Re: New & improved Ben Simmons trade thread Part 9 

Post#1381 » by PhillyFan11 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:10 am

eyeatoma wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:Sixers out: Ben, Shake, and I. Joe
Sixers in: Levert, Derrick White, Devin Vassell, Pacers 2023 lotto protected FRP, 2022 2nd from Spurs via Det

Pacers out: Turner, Levert, 2023 lotto protected 1st
Pacers in: Ben and Shake

Spurs out: White, Vassell, Det 2022 2nd
Spurs in: Turner and I Joe

White
Curry
Levert
Tobi
Jo
Maxey, Thybulle, Green, Drummond…little bit of Niang and Vassell mixed in

Off season trade- Levert, Green, Korkmaz, Vassell, Springer, Phil 2022 1st and Indy 2023 1st for…?

LeVert is terrible, and Derrick White is horribly inefficient.

Ahh thanks for the reasonable response. Now let me try…Ben Simmons is an absolute headcase who refuses to play for the Sixers and/or shoot a basketball. Can you see where I came to a middle ground?

And as I laid out, the point of acquiring Levert wouldn’t be to keep him long term, it would be to combine him with other contracts that expire after ‘23 + assets to acquire a bigger player. The type of player we will never be able to trade Ben Simmons for.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1382 » by sixers hoops » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:11 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:
KramerDSP wrote:My prediction is that ultimately, the return for Simmons will be either Haliburton+, Ingram, or nothing happens until the 2022 draft. I think Ranadive is who Morey has identified as the most likely to override his GM's advice and make a splash. Trading with the Kings always makes me feel good. Gudaitis and Mitrovic for the win!

I would love to get Haliburton. Pels are not trading Ingram for Simmons. I believe Maxey and Haliburton will be the Sixers backcourt for the next 10 years. I believe that eventually, Haliburton will be the point guard and Maxey will play the Iverson-style shooting guard role.

I haven’t seen too much Halliburton so far, but he seems like a good fit, and realistic.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,016

Post#1383 » by eyeatoma » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:13 am

Madd Squabbles wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Arsenal wrote:
Yeah but we need another forward. We'd have Barnes at PF and then only Thybulle or Korkmaz with enough size to play SF. And too many small guys in the backcourt (Maxey, Fox, Curry, Hield).

Fair enough, but then I'd want to trade Danny in the summer. We need someone who can actually move. I'd love to get Jae Crowder, not sure if he's avaiable. I think we could have done something and gotten Reddish. He would have been perfect.

Reddish is prolly the worse defender in the entire NBA. I'd be contempt to just roll with Charlie Brown Jr.
He's an excellent defender.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#1384 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:02 am

How well would Maxey/Murray fit together?
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#1385 » by Murray_17 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:42 am

PhillyFan11 wrote:
Ahh thanks for the reasonable response. Now let me try…Ben Simmons is an absolute headcase who refuses to play for the Sixers and/or shoot a basketball. Can you see where I came to a middle ground?

And as I laid out, the point of acquiring Levert wouldn’t be to keep him long term, it would be to combine him with other contracts that expire after ‘23 + assets to acquire a bigger player. The type of player we will never be able to trade Ben Simmons for.

A ben trade should give you a better player than a trade centered around Levert, matching contracts and two picks.

If Levert and picks could give you a "bigger player" the Pacers would already done that

Jailblazers7 wrote:
Sure, maybe Daryl is forced to get under the tax but he’s not gonna just say “**** it” and throw Seth into a trade. He’d at least find a way to recoup value because you can’t just light assets on fire like that.

Ohhh i totally agree with this, my concern are two things:

- If we don't have a Ben trade before the deadline, Morey would need to find a way to cut 6 millions from the team, which means trading guys for cash or waving them

- Any Ben trade will need, aside from the already difficult stuff, to put us under the tax line. Which makes this more complicated.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1386 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:48 am

Murray_17 wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:

A ben trade should give you a better player than a trade centered around Levert, matching contracts and two picks.

If Levert and picks could give you a "bigger player" the Pacers would already done that

Jailblazers7 wrote:
Sure, maybe Daryl is forced to get under the tax but he’s not gonna just say “**** it” and throw Seth into a trade. He’d at least find a way to recoup value because you can’t just light assets on fire like that.

Ohhh i totally agree with this, my concern are two things:

- If we don't have a Ben trade before the deadline, Morey would need to find a way to cut 6 millions from the team, which means trading guys for cash or waving them

- Any Ben trade will need, aside from the already difficult stuff, to put us under the tax line. Which makes this more complicated.

With the way Murray is playing it would be an absolute crime to deal with San Antonio and not come away with him
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1387 » by cool93 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:51 am

Sportfan73 wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
PhillyFan11 wrote:With the way Murray is playing it would be an absolute crime to deal with San Antonio and not come away with him

No thanks, he is horribly inefficient.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach

Post#1388 » by Sportfan73 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:53 am

cool93 wrote:
Sportfan73 wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:

No thanks, he is horribly inefficient.

I mean he’s not my number one target either but as I said IF we dealt with San Antonio he would need to be the target. Hali is the number one target. Even if it means no picks coming back
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#1389 » by 76ciology » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:48 am

If we deal with Spurs. Primo and picks should be the target. If we get Murray, then find some sucker that will take him and get us more picks.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#1390 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:28 am

Jailblazers7 wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:I think Hield could look great next to Embiid, he's a better player than Curry and JJ. But also a much more expensive one, without being a real difference maker.

So im not so sure we should go after him.

He’d prob need to be involved if it’s a Ben + Tobi deal to make the money work.

Bottom line on Seth is that of course he’s tradeable but he not going to get thrown in a trade for nothing. Giving away assets purely to save money (in future tax penalties) is what poorly run teams do and Daryl is just not gonna do that.

This. I think its ok to include him if:

A) You are getting an equal or better player at his position (ie Hield)

and/or

B) Are getting out of Tobias Harris’s contract

Getting a player like Hali for Simmons is icing on the cake IMO. The kid is putting up some really good impact stats for being only 21 and on an overall bad team.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,046

Post#1391 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:30 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
Jailblazers7 wrote:
He’d prob need to be involved if it’s a Ben + Tobi deal to make the money work.

Bottom line on Seth is that of course he’s tradeable but he not going to get thrown in a trade for nothing. Giving away assets purely to save money (in future tax penalties) is what poorly run teams do and Daryl is just not gonna do that.

Ownership is gonna force him to get under the tax if we don't have a contender by the deadline. That's not Morey's call to make.

There is no way Josh Harris is gonna accept being on the repeater for a 4th, 5th or 6th seed with 30 millions being wasted by a guy who refuse to play

Green seems like the guy they would dump if needed not Curry.
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#1392 » by Olabikkel » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:48 pm

Phi: hield, Collins, Hunter, gordon. 2023 and 2025 frp via Houston.
Out: Simmons, harris, milton, springer, 2x 2023 2rnd pick
Why: get rid of Simmons and contract harris. Shooting (gordon, hield) perimeter defense (hunter).
Additional assets and easier to move contract to make additional moves in the summer.
No superstar yet, but we can move on at least, maxey can develop further, and package players in summer for trade/s&t superstar. Would like to get haliburton, but i think is not realistic While getting rid of harris.

Sacramento: Simmons, harris, springer. 2023 2nd rnd pick via phi
Out: hield, barnes, fox
Why: they get all star simmons

Houston: fox, milton
Out: gordon, wood, 2023 and 2025 frp
Why: get their star to build around (fox)

Atlanta: barnes, wood, 2023 2nd rnd pick via phi
Out: Collins, hunter
Why: different chemistry, shake things up
Padawan
Junior
And1: 2

Post#1393 » by Padawan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:06 pm

Olabikkel wrote:Phi: hield, Collins, Hunter, gordon. 2023 and 2025 frp via Houston.
Why: get rid of Simmons and contract harris. Shooting (gordon, hield) perimeter defense (hunter).
Additional assets and easier to move contract to make additional moves in the summer.
No superstar yet, but we can move on at least, maxey can develop further, and package players in summer for trade/s&t superstar. Would like to get haliburton, but i think is not realistic While getting rid of harris.

This type of trade - leveraging assets from Sacramento to another struggling team and getting back Collins + a starting wing player sounds great to me. Some thoughts

- Would Houston not prefer another package for Gordon in particular?
- Sixers now have 3 starting level SGs with Curry, Hield and Gordon - too many players and too much money so i'd save on Gordon and would rather have a solid backup for Maxey
- The Sixers in doing this essentially give Maxey the PG position for the long run
- Houston may need a big man back - Thompson's expiring contract would work well
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#1394 » by Whole Truth » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:57 pm

Sacramento trade - (Barnes 20m 2yr, Bagley 11m 1y, Thompson 9.7m 1y) for (Harris 36m 3yr, Jax 5.3m 2yr, NO's pick ?)

Philly trade - (Simmons, Harris) for (Barnes 20m 2yr, Graham 11m 4yrs, Bagley 11m 1yr, Naw 3m 2y, Thompson 9.7m 1y. Sato 10m 1y, NO's pick ?\

30m expiring value for Harris + possible pick value if necessary ? in combination with Barnes, Grahams shooting & expiring front court depth.

NO's trade - (Graham, Sato's expiring, Jax, Picks) for (Simmons)
Olabikkel
Freshman
And1: 15

Post#1395 » by Olabikkel » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:10 pm

Padawan wrote:
Olabikkel wrote:Phi: hield, Collins, Hunter, gordon. 2023 and 2025 frp via Houston.

This type of trade - leveraging assets from Sacramento to another struggling team and getting back Collins + a starting wing player sounds great to me. Some thoughts

- Would Houston not prefer another package for Gordon in particular?
- Sixers now have 3 starting level SGs with Curry, Hield and Gordon - too many players and too much money so i'd save on Gordon and would rather have a solid backup for Maxey
- The Sixers in doing this essentially give Maxey the PG position for the long run
- Houston may need a big man back - Thompson's expiring contract would work well

Houston getting back fox is not too shabby!?
Curry and gordon in this case can do some back up pg duty, but if additional trade brings back pg: fine. But are they much better then curry/gordon without giving up significant assets?
Indeed maxey is the future pg in the long run, unless phi goes after superstar pg in summer in this case.
Houston could get reed instead of milton, but thomson also possible, but they are **** anyway this season.

The more i look at my proposed trade, the more i would like to get more back, lol. Morey definitely wants more (but is it realistic?(.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#1396 » by Murray_17 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:19 pm

Why would Houston do a trade like that without moving Wall?
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,655

Post#1397 » by stormi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Whole Truth wrote:Sacramento trade - (Barnes 20m 2yr, Bagley 11m 1y, Thompson 9.7m 1y) for (Harris 36m 3yr, Jax 5.3m 2yr, NO's pick ?)

Philly trade - (Simmons, Harris) for (Barnes 20m 2yr, Graham 11m 4yrs, Bagley 11m 1yr, Naw 3m 2y, Thompson 9.7m 1y. Sato 10m 1y, NO's pick ?\

30m expiring value for Harris + possible pick value if necessary ? in combination with Barnes, Grahams shooting & expiring front court depth.

NO's trade - (Graham, Sato's expiring, Jax, Picks) for (Simmons)

Naw
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#1398 » by kuclas » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Murray_17 wrote:

Why would Houston do a trade like that without moving Wall?

Why would Atlanta trade collins and hunter both starters? Atlanta has not been healthy so we don’t know how they play with all their players.

So Atlanta gets wood who’s a downgrade from collins plus loses hunter is is their 3 and D wing on rookie contract. Likely as good or better than barnes but cheaper.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,121

Post#1399 » by Arsenal » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
Madd Squabbles wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Fair enough, but then I'd want to trade Danny in the summer. We need someone who can actually move. I'd love to get Jae Crowder, not sure if he's avaiable. I think we could have done something and gotten Reddish. He would have been perfect.

Reddish is prolly the worse defender in the entire NBA. I'd be contempt to just roll with Charlie Brown Jr.
He's an excellent defender.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I doubt it since his advanced defensive metrics show him to be the worst defender in the league.

Cam Reddish is *theoretically* a good defender because of his physical attributes. But in actuality that's not the case.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1400 » by davesilver » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:05 pm

What is the consensus about Fox as our target. I’m wary of the overlap with Maxey, but speed is definitely a huge problem in our roster. Rehabbing Fox’s value for a Brown/high end wing caliber player this summer also seems plausible (+ picks).

Return to Philadelphia 76ers