Jazz - 76's

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

blackham9258
Sixth Man
And1: 85

Jazz - 76's 

Post#1 » by blackham9258 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Moderators Please Explain Yourselves If you are going to lock this:

Mike Conley & Bojan Bogdanovic

for

Ben Simmons

My Reasoning is this. For the longest time the best player Philly could get for Simmons was CJ McCollum... Personally I think Bogey is better and cheaper due to his size and 3 pt shooting. Mike Conley is an All Star PG who is improving with age. He will finish this 3 year contract younger than Chris Paul was when he played in the Finals Last year as a 2nd Team All NBA Player. Look at Mike's Stat's this year and tell me he ain't going to age well.

Morey, gets shooting and the spacing he needs.

Jazz get defense and youth.

There is a reason for both teams to say no. But there are reasons for both teams to say yes, because both teams would be better.

Personally, I don't think Joel Embiid has a ton of peak years given his size and knees... just a Shaq/Size based hunch. Why not get players who help you win over the next 4 years. Jazz, lose a ton of leadership/shooting and get a knucklehead but pick up the size and defense they need.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,330

Re: Jazz - 76's 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:04 pm

I explain myself to no one. Hahahahaha

Sent from my LGMP450 using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#3 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:05 pm

Also your premise that they could only get CJ seems highly speculative.

Sent from my LGMP450 using RealGM mobile app
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,725

Post#4 » by HotelVitale » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Bojan is 32 and a miserable defender, Conley is 34. And, no, citing that some other player hobbled through the Finals while also being old isn't a convincing case that age doesn't matter.

Also the Sixers already have Curry and Green at the 2/3 and have terrific spacing in general--the entire rotation besides Thybulle and Drummond are good to very good 3pt shooters.

Also while it might be try that CJ McCollum was the best single player in credible Simmons rumors, no one thought the deal would be CJ for Simmons straight up.

That said, it's not totally off the wall, just doesn't give enough motive for the Sixers to pull the trigger.
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 535

Post#5 » by PhillyNj » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:25 pm

There is no shot at the Sixers trading a 25 year old Simmons for a 34 year old. Conley. If the Jazz through in Bojan and 3 FRP’s it still wouldn’t be enough.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,200

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:27 pm

This isn't the kind of package Philly is looking for, if they were, it would be done.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
blackham9258
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by blackham9258 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:30 pm

I get it, but the latest name out there is John Collins a discontented player in Atlanta. If the Jazz offered a 2026 1st, that is all we could offer at this point, but I actually don't think we need to be the one adding assets. This is a question of what do the 76's want.

I think this sight is made up of "US FAKE GM'S" who all overvalue youth, picks, and future assets when GM's usually realize that a future pick, or caps space can't hit an open shot. Just like a "WIDE OPEN LAYUP CAN'T BE MADE IF THE PLAYER IS TOO SCARED TO SHOOT IT!"

Just saying.

Bogey has way more value, and so does Conley because they are leaders, and deadeye shooters! I think Morey knows that more than anyone in the league and that is how he Fleeced Dallas out of Currey 2 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the kind of deal he took.
Texas Chuck

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:34 pm

Nm
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#9 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 pm

blackham9258 wrote:I get it, but the latest name out there is John Collins a discontented player in Atlanta. If the Jazz offered a 2026 1st, that is all we could offer at this point, but I actually don't think we need to be the one adding assets. This is a question of what do the 76's want.

I think this sight is made up of "US FAKE GM'S" who all overvalue youth, picks, and future assets when GM's usually realize that a future pick, or caps space can't hit an open shot. Just like a "WIDE OPEN LAYUP CAN'T BE MADE IF THE PLAYER IS TOO SCARED TO SHOOT IT!"

Just saying.

Bogey has way more value, and so does Conley because they are leaders, and deadeye shooters! I think Morey knows that more than anyone in the league and that is how he Fleeced Dallas out of Currey 2 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just the kind of deal he took.

If you really think that, why would we trade them? Also, the whining is obnoxious.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,378

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:46 pm

I thought this was going to be Mitchell for Simmons+Maxey+? because of the recent talk. And thought that was dead for Utah.

But ya… This is not a Simmons offer.

What about; Harris and ? for Conley and Bog

I’ll start with

Harris, Green, Maxey for Bogdanovic, Conley, and Joe

And we discuss if Danny Green ever plays in Utah or if they ship him directly to Dallas and take back Sterling Brown and save a ton of real money

Philly adds 3 great fitting pieces around Joel.

Utah adds Harris and Maxey. They tell themselves they are paying Maxey 15 and Harris 25 and maybe it hurts less.

I do hope you are right and Simmons value is this low so Dallas has a shot at him.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:47 pm

jayjaysee wrote:I thought this was going to be Mitchell for Simmons+Maxey+? because of the recent talk. And thought that was dead for Utah.

I’ll start with

And we discuss if Danny Green ever plays in Utah or if they ship him directly to Dallas and take back Sterling Brown and save a ton of real money

Utah adds Harris and Maxey. They tell themselves they are paying Maxey 15 and Harris 25 and maybe it hurts less.

Not really interested but think it is reasonable in a vacuum.

JColl
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#12 » by jayjaysee » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:51 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:

I’ll start with

And we discuss if Danny Green ever plays in Utah or if they ship him directly to Dallas and take back Sterling Brown and save a ton of real money.

Not really interested but think it is reasonable in a vacuum.

Yeah, after 30 seconds I felt like Philly owes Utah value here. Don’t think Maxey makes up for the loss of value on the other two. Maybe a first added in. But still think Utah is a hot streak away from a title this season so I’d pass actually.

Joel/Ben/Bog/Curry/Conley with Joe/Thybulle and other shooters would be so fun to watch. Obviously not happening.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#13 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:53 pm

blackham9258 wrote:Moderators Please Explain Yourselves If you are going to lock this:.

The board has clear rules on what is needed for a thread. They are posted on the first page.

Let’s say hypothetically you posted this idea; only didn’t bother to take any time to say why either team would do it. Then the rules would call for a moderator to pick it.

More often than not we write a little note to remind posters why it was locked; so they know to write a real reason for both teams.
On the other hand, some times there is simply a thread that says player 1 for player 2 (and player 3) and it is clear that the OP put little effort into what they posted. Then hypothetically I might have been busy myself and just locked that thread and didn’t bother posting:
Please follow forum rules and give a reason for each team when posting a trade. Feel free to post again with reasons for both. Thanks.

Hope that helps clarify why a thread earlier with too little content was locked. In the future if you ever have a question why a thread was locked; feel free to pm one of us.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#14 » by BullyKing » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:17 am

jayjaysee wrote:I thought this was going to be Mitchell for Simmons+Maxey+? because of the recent talk. And thought that was dead for Utah.

I’ll start with

I do hope you are right and Simmons value is this low so Dallas has a shot at him.

Feel free to tell me if I'm being a homer but Maxey is 21 years old and averaging 17 a game on 47/38/87. I don't see him as a piece that Morey is surrendering just to turn Tobias in Conley and Bogdanovic.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#15 » by Dnt hate » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:27 am

BullyKing wrote:

I’ll start with

Feel free to tell me if I'm being a homer but Maxey is 21 years old and averaging 17 a game on 47/38/87. I don't see him as a piece that Morey is surrendering just to turn Tobias in Conley and Bogdanovic.

Agreed. No reason to trade Maxey unless we get an offer we can't refuse.
Texas Chuck

Post#16 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:35 am

BullyKing wrote:Feel free to tell me if I'm being a homer but Maxey is 21 years old and averaging 17 a game on 47/38/87. I don't see him as a piece that Morey is surrendering just to turn Tobias in Conley and Bogdanovic.

Don't disrespect the great Joe Ingles by leaving him out here. :wink:

And yeah I think if Philly and Utah were keen on a Tobias/PG for Conley/Bojan deal then Philly probably says hey we can help add some value so you can get a PG from a 3rd rather than trading Maxey. But mostly I think Utah would just make Mitchell the de facto PG and get Dennis S or someone as a stopgap for this year in that case.

I don't think Utah probably wants to do mess with their chemistry like that though. I have them looking on the margins if they do anything.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#17 » by BullyKing » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:42 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
BullyKing wrote:Feel free to tell me if I'm being a homer but Maxey is 21 years old and averaging 17 a game on 47/38/87. I don't see him as a piece that Morey is surrendering just to turn Tobias in Conley and Bogdanovic.

And yeah I think if Philly and Utah were keen on a Tobias/PG for Conley/Bojan deal then Philly probably says hey we can help add some value so you can get a PG from a 3rd rather than trading Maxey. But mostly I think Utah would just make Mitchell the de facto PG and get Dennis S or someone as a stopgap for this year in that case.

I don't think Utah probably wants to do mess with their chemistry like that though. I have them looking on the margins if they do anything.

Since I've been informed that Simmons is the worst contract in the NBA, continued progression from Maxey is really the Sixers best hope of adding that elusive star.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Texas Chuck

Post#18 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:46 am

BullyKing wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

Since I've been informed that Simmons is the worst contract in the NBA, continued progression from Maxey is really the Sixers best hope of adding that elusive star.

Yes but that's just FAKE GM's who think HE CAN'T MAKE LAYUPS CUZ HE SKEEERED. You can disregard them. I mean this OP has him worth not one, but two absolutely elite players who are deadeye shooters! And Morey is smart, he knows the good players are all currently only in Utah and the OP is willing to be FLEECED by Morey in this deal.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board

Post#19 » by jayjaysee » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:59 am

Weird that I think both teams turn down my bad idea after looking at it.
blackham9258
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by blackham9258 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:00 am

I’ll start with

I love Harris, but he has one of the worst contracts in the league. You just can't pay a guy that kind of money for his production. He is getting Bogey and Conley Money! It's better to have Bogey & Conley.

Return to Trades and Transactions