ImageImageImage

What Do You Think Of Nico Harrison As GM?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,736

Re: What Do You Think Of Nico Harrison As GM? 

Post#81 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:12 pm

dirkdiggler4177 wrote:
Darren wrote:C - Kleber / Moses / Boban
PF - Simmons / Thompson / Chriss (assume WCS gets waived)
SF - DFS / Green / Harkless
SG - Buddy / Bullock / Ntilikina
PG - Luka / Brunson / Burke

I don't see how this makes the team better. The Mavs will have to face Gobert and Jokic in the playoffs. The way the Mavs can take advantage of that is spreading out, making Gobert and Jokic stand on the perimeter guarding KP. Now they can guard Simmons and the whole advantage is gone. They also going to destroy poor Kleber and Moses. Simmons also needs the ball in his hands to be effective. That means you have to play Luka off-ball, something that is not his advantage.

I would rather see us trade Brunson for a 3-4 who can score, like Pascal Siakam, Jerami Grant or Jaylen Brown.

Yes i think that healthy KP could be enough for facing them, Gobert is often a no factor in PO and KP doesn't suffer him too much.
Joker is a different beast but Denver , without Murray and MPJ, isn't a real contender.

And i'm agree too with the Brunson trade.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect
And1: 452

Post#82 » by Absinthe » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:35 am

arkuo wrote:
Absinthe wrote:THJ’s contract should have went to Brunson instead. Neither can defend, but Brunson is at the very least a player who can create his own shot. THJ is a streak shooter who stands around. It was a bad signing.

The short term deals I don’t mind as much. They’ll eventually be expiring contracts aka trade fodder.

Signing THJ was never in the cards. He was the panic button when Kyle Lowry told Cuban he's going to Miami. Cuban in turn had to do something for the sake of doing something. Hence we have THJ signed to a fresh 4 year contract in a directionless team. Next up for 4 year deals are Brunson and DFS this year. Same team for 7 seasons in a row. Bravo Cuban, bravo.

Brunson would be a good signing. He’s exceeded expectations. If they give DFS a big contract I’m going to be pissed. DFS is as good as he’s ever going to be and the money they could give him would be better suited put towards someone else. DFS doesn’t shoot well enough and doesn’t shoot enough to be considered a true 3 and D guy. He plays good defense but he’s not an elite defender or a good shooter who is willing to shoot so why bother resigning him?
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 832

Post#83 » by Teffer10 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:22 pm

Absinthe wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Absinthe wrote:THJ’s contract should have went to Brunson instead. Neither can defend, but Brunson is at the very least a player who can create his own shot. THJ is a streak shooter who stands around. It was a bad signing.

The short term deals I don’t mind as much. They’ll eventually be expiring contracts aka trade fodder.

Signing THJ was never in the cards. He was the panic button when Kyle Lowry told Cuban he's going to Miami. Cuban in turn had to do something for the sake of doing something. Hence we have THJ signed to a fresh 4 year contract in a directionless team. Next up for 4 year deals are Brunson and DFS this year. Same team for 7 seasons in a row. Bravo Cuban, bravo.

Brunson would be a good signing. He’s exceeded expectations. If they give DFS a big contract I’m going to be pissed. DFS is as good as he’s ever going to be and the money they could give him would be better suited put towards someone else. DFS doesn’t shoot well enough and doesn’t shoot enough to be considered a true 3 and D guy. He plays good defense but he’s not an elite defender or a good shooter who is willing to shoot so why bother resigning him?

Agree...DFS is the guy we should be looking to move by TDL because Cuban will definitely overpay to keep him.
But I think we should consider trading Brunson as well because even though Cuban will likely overpay for him, Brunson might take less money to go elsewhere to be the main PG. I could easily see him signing with the Knicks or Pacers.

DFS, THJ and JB could be a nice package at TDL...hopefully for someone like Turner.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,540

Post#84 » by jpengland » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:41 pm

Absinthe wrote:
arkuo wrote:

38% on 5 a game isn't a legit 3 and D profile? What planet are you on?
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#85 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Absinthe
Pro Prospect

Post#86 » by Absinthe » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:52 am

jpengland wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
arkuo wrote:

He’s a starting SF in the NBA who averages over 30 minutes a game and barely scores above 10 points a game. You tell me what value he has on the offensive side of the ball other than hitting a three pointer every now and then. He almost never gets to the rim. Almost never shoots free throws. Almost never hits a jumper. Almost never posts up. Almost never creates offense for himself. He’s as one dimensional of a player as anyone in the NBA.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#87 » by arkuo » Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:54 am

Small forward is a very pivotal spot in the NBA in 2021. You should be scoring more than 10PPG as a starter playing 30 mins. Most teams have elite players manning the SF spot. Dallas should get more production out of that position. DFS can come off the bench probably. Or get traded in a package for value coming back.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:33 am

I like DFS, he was a rough diamond and grew up very well. But he is what he is, a role player like another 50/60 in NBA.
He can be starting material if the other 4 guys on the floor are clearly better than him...he can make wide open 3s, take some rebounds, guard (not so quick) PG/SG/SF decently. Nothing more.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#89 » by Bob8 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:46 am

Absinthe wrote:
jpengland wrote:
Absinthe wrote:

He’s a starting SF in the NBA who averages over 30 minutes a game and barely scores above 10 points a game. You tell me what value he has on the offensive side of the ball other than hitting a three pointer every now and then. He almost never gets to the rim. Almost never shoots free throws. Almost never hits a jumper. Almost never posts up. Almost never creates offense for himself. He’s as one dimensional of a player as anyone in the NBA.

You described Kleber and Bullock too. People are in love with their %, but who cares about %, if player score 7 points?
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#90 » by jpengland » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:28 am

Absinthe wrote:
jpengland wrote:
Absinthe wrote:

Offensively he is one dimensional, yes. Exactly the definition of a 3 and D guy....
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#91 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:39 am

This core is done, the OF was disastrous again, we need to shake up the roster. Hope everybody finally understood that.

Trade all not named Luka, KP and Green and see what happens... It's impossible to make the situation worse.
And please stop overpay scrubs like Bullock, Richardson, Delon Wright ecc ecc.
The NBA is full of players like those signed for the minimum or just more.
Absinthe
Pro Prospect

Post#92 » by Absinthe » Tue Jan 4, 2022 8:36 am

Bob8 wrote:
Absinthe wrote:
jpengland wrote:

You described Kleber and Bullock too. People are in love with their %, but who cares about %, if player score 7 points?

You’re exactly right. Which is why a lot of this roster is redundant. We’re paying four to five players to do the exact same thing. Exact same skill sets and one dimensional. It’s bad team building.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,902

Post#93 » by HMFFL » Tue Jan 4, 2022 2:46 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:This core is done, the OF was disastrous again, we need to shake up the roster. Hope everybody finally understood that.

Trade all not named Luka, KP and Green and see what happens... It's impossible to make the situation worse.
And please stop overpay scrubs like Bullock, Richardson, Delon Wright ecc ecc.
The NBA is full of players like those signed for the minimum or just more.
More like our management and owner need to wakeup. We have a bunch of D grade talent on our team and a good system can change that to some degree in two seasons.

My concern now going forward is what is Luka's breaking point within the next two or three seasons.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
jpengland
Head Coach

Post#94 » by jpengland » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:31 pm

Absinthe wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Absinthe wrote:

You’re exactly right. Which is why a lot of this roster is redundant. We’re paying four to five players to do the exact same thing. Exact same skill sets and one dimensional. It’s bad team building.

I haven't argued that.

I argued that you claiming DFS didn't shoot well enough for a '3 and D profile' was nonsense.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#95 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 4, 2022 4:53 pm

The Mavs won last night right?
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:07 am

WCS waived 4months after his renewal.
M.Brown will be the next.
S.Brown is a garbage guy.
Bullock is a 15/20 role player off the bench.
THJ resigned because none FA is left.

That was Nico Harrison summer. A complete failure...has someone still the courage to deny it?

Return to Dallas Mavericks