ImageImage

Blow it Up Trade Ideas

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Case2012
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,761

Re: Blow it Up Trade Ideas 

Post#101 » by Case2012 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:56 am

I think if you move Ant, you don’t use CJ. I just can’t see a team being interested in that unless CJ was bought out or something after. No, you’d have to use the expiring of Roco and Nurk plus Ant and MAYBE a future pick for a Myles Turner or Sabonis, then wait to see where we pick in the lotto before shopping it when it has the most value. A lottery pick is is a lottery pick and that can grab a pretty good player or 2, but we might get insanely lucky with the new odds and land the first or second pick and you can grab a star with that, especially when you pair it with CJ’s contract.

Dame
Powell
Nassir
Simmons? Porzingas? (I wouldn’t say these 2 are worth a top 5 pick but I’m having a hard time thinking about who is available, these are the “stars” that come to mind)
Turner or Sabonis

That’s pretty scary on both ends with Simmons handling the ball surrounded by shooters and Dame being the only weakness on defense. I’m not sure that makes us contenders but it’s better than anything Dame has had to work with before. Best case scenario it’s the warriors lite IMO.
Instagram: @casetwelve
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#102 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:19 am

Crazy trade of the night...

Philly gets
Gary Harris
RoCo
Nurkic
Robin Lopez

Portland gets
Tobias Harris
Ben Simmons

Magic get
CJ McCollum

Philly gets all expiring contracts to make a big splash in FA after realizing they can't get a star in return for Simmons.

Portland goes for broke with Harris and Simmons.

Magic get CJ for spare parts that aren't doing them any good anyway and they do it because... well... I'll be honest, I have no idea what Orlando is doing or what their plan is so who cares.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#103 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:43 pm

DusterBuster wrote:Crazy trade of the night...

Philly gets
Gary Harris
RoCo
Nurkic
Robin Lopez

Portland gets
Tobias Harris
Ben Simmons

Magic get
CJ McCollum

Philly gets all expiring contracts to make a big splash in FA after realizing they can't get a star in return for Simmons.

Magic get CJ for spare parts that aren't doing them any good anyway and they do it because... well... I'll be honest, I have no idea what Orlando is doing or what their plan is so who cares.

Can’t see philly doing this with how low they apparently value cj
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,877

Post#104 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:19 am

Oden2 wrote:

Philly gets
Gary Harris
RoCo
Nurkic
Robin Lopez

Portland gets
Tobias Harris
Ben Simmons

Magic get
CJ McCollum

I don’t think Philly has held to Ben for this long to move him for a package with a guy that would be the backup C (On a EC) as the most talented return piece.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#105 » by DusterBuster » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:26 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

Philly gets
Gary Harris
RoCo
Nurkic
Robin Lopez

Portland gets
Tobias Harris
Ben Simmons

Magic get
CJ McCollum

I don’t think Philly has held to Ben for this long to move him for a package with a guy that would be the backup C (On a EC) as the most talented return piece.

The thought wasn’t that any of the returning players matter, it’s that they’re all EC so they can sign Harden in the summer. Doesn’t make it any more realistic
GEE
Starter
And1: 333

Post#106 » by GEE » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:49 pm

I saw the wiretap HL several days ago, rumoring Philly wanting to include Harris w/ Simmons, so I jokingly (sort of) posted:

Simmons/Harris/Drummond <for> Dame/CJ/Zeller

Very Sexy, but I like it much better, (-) Harris & CJ. Reason being, I think you just inherit the same MAIN problem Philly started with: Having a clogged up painted area with an Allstar C. Simmons, Harris & Joel all needed real estate in the paint. The same would be true of Nurkic, Simmons & Harris. Plus we have Little and Nance already, and I'd rather have CJ's ankle-breaking abilities instead.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,877

Post#107 » by BlazersBroncos » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:02 pm

GEE wrote:I saw the wiretap HL several days ago, rumoring Philly wanting to include Harris w/ Simmons, so I jokingly (sort of) posted:

Very Sexy, but I like it much better, (-) Harris & CJ. Reason being, I think you just inherit the same MAIN problem Philly started with: Having a clogged up painted area with an Allstar C. Simmons, Harris & Joel all needed real estate in the paint. The same would be true of Nurkic, Simmons & Harris. Plus we have Little and Nance already, and I'd rather have CJ's ankle-breaking abilities instead.

Dude, we are not trading an injured Dame. 0% chance. Not only would the other team lowball us but moving a player while they are injured is universally considered a scummy move. It rarely if ever happens.
Norm2953
RealGM
And1: 1,845

Post#108 » by Norm2953 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:43 pm

Teams don't trade guys on the injured list for everyone needs to see how the injured player performs.

Likely will do something to get under the tax line but unless CJ just blows up in the time between now
and the trade deadline, nothing substantial will get done. Nurk is Portland's only big and I'm skeptical
he'll get traded but with Roco playing better, he's likely going to be dealt if they can get something
useful in return. Injuries might create a need in a contender for a player like Roco.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#109 » by PDXKnight » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:46 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:
GEE wrote:I saw the wiretap HL several days ago, rumoring Philly wanting to include Harris w/ Simmons, so I jokingly (sort of) posted:

Dude, we are not trading an injured Dame. 0% chance. Not only would the other team lowball us but moving a player while they are injured is universally considered a scummy move. It rarely if ever happens.

It’s a scummy move if a player doesn’t want our. We don’t know privately what dame wants. But yes if we get a lowball offer for him that team can eat crow
soobias
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#110 » by soobias » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:10 am

i just realized blazers have 4 small 1 way players that are chuckers. Dame being the best and cj the worst of the 4 when it comes to team play.
and when the 2 highest paid players are stuck in their ways, no coach can change their style of play. we should've traded cj long ago, but now his value seems low atm.
i think i said in the past and still believe that Dame cant be the #1 option on a contending team(#2 option yes).
but no matter who the coach is the way this team is assembled i don't believe we have any shot at real contending.
similar to any team westbrook is on lol.

i think its time to start over and get as much young talent( to mold ) and picks if possible.
the team imho needs to focus on 2 way players.

ok im done , flame away llol
sisibilio
Head Coach
And1: 1,075

Post#111 » by sisibilio » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:51 pm

DusterBuster wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

The thought wasn’t that any of the returning players matter, it’s that they’re all EC so they can sign Harden in the summer. Doesn’t make it any more realistic

If they get Harden is in a S&T not as a free agent so this move actually is counterproductive.
If you want to try to measure the elements of basketball that are supposedly unmeasurable, spend a game just watching Marc Gasol.
@MikePradaSBN

Wembanyama was created to end all LeBron vs Jordan debates
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#112 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:25 pm

Turners foot injury should firmly put a hold on any trade interest from the Blazers. That’s too risky a trade to move multiple firsts and/or Simons or Little.

Big men and foot injuries are no bueno.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#113 » by DusterBuster » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:28 pm

sisibilio wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
BlazersBroncos wrote:

If they get Harden is in a S&T not as a free agent so this move actually is counterproductive.

If they want enough cap to sign him outright, they would need a deal like this. But regardless, you’re right that S&T is a better bet if they want Harden for Simmons as opposed to doing it the hard way as an outright FA signing.
GEE
Starter

Post#114 » by GEE » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:34 am

A "Stress reaction" is what they are calling Turner's foot injury... sound familiar? Team says at least 2 weeks, while WOJ has said until after the trade deadline.

Surely an NBA player that is being mentioned in recent trade rumors(though Turner has been for years) use an injury to tank one's own value and thwart any trade possibility. That'll never happen if you got Tegridy.
Blazers20
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#115 » by Blazers20 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:49 pm

PHI: Dame
POR: Ben-Maxey-Thybulle-1St

NYK: CJ
TOR: RJ-Obi-Noel
POR: Siakam-1st (NYK)

DAL: RoCo-Nurk
POR: KP

DET: Norm-Nas
POR: Grant

Blow it up!
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#116 » by DusterBuster » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:51 pm

GEE wrote:A "Stress reaction" is what they are calling Turner's foot injury... sound familiar? Team says at least 2 weeks, while WOJ has said until after the trade deadline.

Surely an NBA player that is being mentioned in recent trade rumors(though Turner has been for years) use an injury to tank one's own value and thwart any trade possibility. That'll never happen if you got Tegridy.

According to latest rumors this morning, the Mavericks are favored to get Turner if his injury isn't super severe. Don't think Portland is going to be willing to pay the freight here to get Turner.
GEE
Starter

Post#117 » by GEE » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:25 am

Zingus and Sabonis? :lol:
thenbaman
Sixth Man
And1: 537

Post#118 » by thenbaman » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:42 pm

Blazers20 wrote:PHI: Dame

Blow it up!

Philly hangs up the phone quick. Ben and a first maybe,dame is on the downside and wants a very large contract
he should retire a blazer.
DusterBuster
RealGM

Post#119 » by DusterBuster » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:17 pm

thenbaman wrote:
Blazers20 wrote:PHI: Dame

Blow it up!

Philly hangs up the phone quick. Ben and a first maybe,dame is on the downside and wants a very large contract
he should retire a blazer.

Morey has been drooling over Dame all year, he absolutely would take that deal.

But I agree he should retire a Blazer
Blazers20
Pro Prospect
And1: 57

Post#120 » by Blazers20 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:58 pm

TOR: Obi-RJ-Noel
BOS: Reddish-Powell-Nance
POR: Samanic-Siakam-J.Brown-Bol

Return to Portland Trail Blazers