ImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Foshan, sixers hoops, Sixerscan

mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#941 » by mjkvol » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:56 pm

Jailblazers7 wrote:Honestly, I hope Ben and Tobi go to Sacramento.

I'll gladly settle for just that.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,673

Post#942 » by the_process » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:37 am

Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#943 » by sixers4real » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:16 am

the_process wrote:Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!

Actually, I think Morey already knows that is doable to send both Harris and Simmons to Sacramento for Hield, Fox and Barnes.

I think he wants to upgrade Fox (to Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown) and Harrison Barnes (to John Collins) using picks and our players such as Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Reed, Bassey.

If there is a person who can do it, it’s Morey.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
the_process
RealGM

Post#944 » by the_process » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:10 pm

sixers4real wrote:
the_process wrote:Sacramento can be talked into taking Tobias? Well, that’s something that needs to get done!

Actually, I think Morey already knows that is doable to send both Harris and Simmons to Sacramento for Hield, Fox and Barnes.

I think he wants to upgrade Fox (to Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown) and Harrison Barnes (to John Collins) using picks and our players such as Korkmaz, Joe, Springer, Reed, Bassey.

I agree Morey will want to move Fox to a third team. Wonder if Thybulle and a 1st (plus Fox) could get Ingram outta there?
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#945 » by stormi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:34 pm

sixers4real wrote:

PLEASE.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,770

Post#946 » by Skates » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:40 am

The Sixers signed Harris thinking he was Kris Middleton level as a second/third option. Middleton got a similar contract at the same time and elevated his game since then, while Tobias has become more Harrison Barnes level.

That Morey is looking to get off his contract after removing the Horford and Richardson mistakes shows what he thinks of the mess he inherited.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,881

Post#947 » by Wilfried » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 am

We all know Tobias' contract, but still not sure dumping his salary is making us that much better.

Still feel that, if we get a legit co-star to Embiid (Lillard, Harden, ...?), Tobias and his all-around skill set will be very good as a 3rd option. In the summer of 2023, we will catch a lot more for him too.

Tobias is playing better as of late btw
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,787

Post#948 » by eyeatoma » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:02 am

the_process wrote:
sixers4real wrote:

I agree Morey will want to move Fox to a third team. Wonder if Thybulle and a 1st (plus Fox) could get Ingram outta there?
I can't see Thybulle going with how bad our defense is.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
the_process
RealGM

Post#949 » by the_process » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:15 pm

Since I don’t think NOP is shopping Ingram, you have to convince them to make a move. I don’t think Fox and a 1st is compelling enough. I don’t know if Fox and two 1sts is compelling enough. But Thybulle would be very appealing to them because they suck defensively. Also Ingram and Thybulle play the same position.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,063

Post#950 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:28 pm

Brandon Ingram ain't worth that. Especially now that he stopped shooting threes at a good rate. Fox and he are on the same tier.
the_process
RealGM

Post#951 » by the_process » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:55 pm

Wilfried wrote:We all know Tobias' contract, but still not sure dumping his salary is making us that much better.

Still feel that, if we get a legit co-star to Embiid (Lillard, Harden, ...?), Tobias and his all-around skill set will be very good as a 3rd option. In the summer of 2023, we will catch a lot more for him too.

Tobias is playing better as of late btw

Nope. Salary dump all the way.
the_process
RealGM

Post#952 » by the_process » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:58 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Brandon Ingram ain't worth that. Especially now that he stopped shooting threes at a good rate. Fox and he are on the same tier.

No reason to think that on this team, he won't go back to shooting more 3's. It's not a hard sell to tell him "you liked being an All-Star, right? Shoot more 3's."
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#953 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm

I wouldn't give up Thybulle in any Simmons trade.

Guys, we have no perimeter defenders besides 34-year-old Danny Green and Tisse.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
the_process
RealGM

Post#954 » by the_process » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:51 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:I wouldn't give up Thybulle in any Simmons trade.

Other teams manage to have a decent defense with subpar defenders. And the Sixers have Embiid as their anchor, so they are two steps ahead of almost everyone else.
ProcessDoctor
General Manager
And1: 5,153

Post#955 » by ProcessDoctor » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:01 pm

the_process wrote:

Other teams manage to have a decent defense with subpar defenders. And the Sixers have Embiid as their anchor, so they are two steps ahead of almost everyone else.

I can’t agree with you here. Matisse is the primary reason we be GS just over a month ago. His steal and block rates are off the charts. I have no faith in Maxey and Curry to defend come playoff time.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Council
Oubre/Batum/Martin
Harris/Covington/Wilson
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#956 » by mjkvol » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:19 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
the_process wrote:

I can’t agree with you here. Matisse is the primary reason we be GS just over a month ago. His steal and block rates are off the charts. I have no faith in Maxey and Curry to defend come playoff time.

The biggest issue with Thybulle is he's going to have to be paid after next season, and I'm not big fan of paying a player who offers little to nothing on the offensive end. I just don't see that changing in any meaningful way. And right now his value couldn't be higher, which makes him an attractive add in a trade package.

I certainly wouldn't give him away, but in the right deal to bring in an Ingram or SGA? Absolutely.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
KATKlownFeet
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#957 » by KATKlownFeet » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:01 pm

Tobi, Ben and Cory Joseph to Minny
Jerami Grant, DLo, Tauren Prince, Minnesota 2022 first rounder (top 5 protected) to to Philly
Jaden McDaniels, Paul Reed, Malik Beasley and 2025 Minny lottery protected pick to Detroit
the_process
RealGM

Post#958 » by the_process » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:11 pm

KATKlownFeet wrote:Tobi, Ben and Cory Joseph to Minny
Jerami Grant, DLo, Tauren Prince, Minnesota 2022 first rounder (top 5 protected) to to Philly
Jaden McDaniels, Paul Reed, Malik Beasley and 2025 Minny lottery protected pick to Detroit

Take the protection off the 2022 1st, and then add another unprotected 2026 1st. And now we can start talking.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#959 » by Sportfan73 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:17 pm

the_process wrote:
KATKlownFeet wrote:Tobi, Ben and Cory Joseph to Minny

Take the protection off the 2022 1st, and then add another unprotected 2026 1st. And now we can start talking.

Yeah any deal with Minnesota needs at least 2 unprotected
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#960 » by Sportfan73 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:01 am

In all seriousness though, how much would you be willing to attach to Tobias to swap him with CJ? Like a first and a young player?

Return to Philadelphia 76ers