ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order (6.0)

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

At 9-12 where do you stand?

Tank World Order: Hope the team continues its downward trajectory so that they can add another top lottery pick talent to the core of Barnes and OG?
54%
Team Mediocre: Try and win at all costs this season. Playoff experience is valuable for the young players on our team. Making the playoffs, even if the play-in helps preserve our winning culture.
18%
Team Neutral: Have not decided what direction I want the team to head. Waiting until later in the season to decide.
29%

Total votes: 119

Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Re: Tank World Order (6.0) 

Post#1341 » by Madhouse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 33,573

Post#1342 » by Reeko » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Madhouse wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

#1 pick.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
DelAbbot
RealGM
And1: 19,262

Post#1343 » by DelAbbot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:06 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I know the Raptors are sucking but who thought the Pacers would be sucking this much lmao.

yet people here want to trade Siakam for Sabonis SMH
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,633

Post#1344 » by Johnny Bball » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:43 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:I know the Raptors are sucking but who thought the Pacers would be sucking this much lmao.

Everyone? They have been horribly injury prone and were not that good to start.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#1345 » by Madhouse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:50 pm

DelAbbot wrote:

yet people here want to trade Siakam for Sabonis SMH

Myles Turner and LeVert. Sabonis can stay where he is.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#1346 » by Madhouse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:52 pm

They have been somewhat unlucky so far. Should get back to .500 or close to it.
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#1347 » by Madhouse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:53 pm

TRik wrote:Seriously, this is another perfect stealth tank year. I’ll be cheering for entertaining losses.

I'll root for wins whenever Scottie plays. :lol:
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#1348 » by Madhouse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:59 pm

God Squad wrote:Obviously early. But does anyone have a prospect they like in particular at 10th pick? I'm learning these three without combine and a full season.

Tari Eason
Jaden Hardy
Bennedict Mathurin

After the first tier is gone, the second tier is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. Their isn't much separating say Kendall Brown Tari Eason for example (Still taking Brown over Eason).

1st tier IMO
1. Ivey
2. Jabari
3. Chet
4. Paolo

Looking at Kendall Brown and TyTy Washington right now and possibly AJ Griffin if he enters.

If we get Kendall Brown somehow at 10, we won the draft imo.

He has just an elite natural feel for the game of basketball like Barnes.

Bring him off the bench as backup SG/SF/PF in year 1 and give him 25-28 minutes. He would go off.
Ref_from_hell
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,712

Post#1349 » by Ref_from_hell » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Madhouse wrote:

You could just as well say that about the raptors
Los_29
RealGM
And1: 12,014

Post#1350 » by Los_29 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:05 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Los_29 wrote:After the Sixers fake win tonight, I will have to update our fake wins/losses adjusted record to 19-12. Not a bad record at all and would put us 5th in the East.

LMFAO, what makes you think having Barnes + FVV + Achiuwa can beat Joel Embiid?

Embiid played last night.

What a ridiculous thing to say. :lol:
Madhouse
RealGM

Post#1351 » by Madhouse » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:06 pm

Ref_from_hell wrote:
Madhouse wrote:

You could just as well say that about the raptors

You easily could.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#1352 » by DelAbbot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:07 pm

Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Los_29 wrote:After the Sixers fake win tonight, I will have to update our fake wins/losses adjusted record to 19-12. Not a bad record at all and would put us 5th in the East.

Yeah PHI played down to our depleted team. Did you not see the open looks they gave Boucher and other 3rd stringers?
Los_29
RealGM

Post#1353 » by Los_29 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:13 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Yeah PHI played down to our depleted team. Did you not see the open looks they gave Boucher and other 3rd stringers?

LOL played down to our team. :lol: TwO is not even trying to make sense anymore. Would you say that if the situations were reversed? We lost by 3 points despite being without FVV, Barnes, Birch and Precious. The Sixers are a .500 team this year. To think we wouldn't be able to beat them at home with a reasonably healthy lineup is absolutely absurd. Especially when you consider we barely lost by playing guys that haven't even practiced with us and are straight from the G-league.

I don't think you guys realize how often you guys contradict yourself.
will
RealGM
And1: 50,036
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#1354 » by will » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:36 pm

Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

LOL played down to our team. :lol: TwO is not even trying to make sense anymore. Would you say that if the situations were reversed? We lost by 3 points despite being without FVV, Barnes, Birch and Precious. The Sixers are a .500 team this year. To think we wouldn't be able to beat them at home with a reasonably healthy lineup is absolutely absurd. Especially when you consider we barely lost by playing guys that haven't even practiced with us and are straight from the G-league.

Or if you do not agree, just simply stop posting in this tWo specific thread.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,475

Post#1355 » by KrazyP » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:40 pm

Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:
Los_29 wrote:

I think you take this thread too seriously. A lot of the posts here are just for comic relief.

The whole "fake wins", "Team Mediocre" tags are similar to how Donald Trump would push an agenda regardless if it actually makes sense or not.

The Ujiri/Nurse direction is pretty clear. They are trying to win. If they make the playoffs great. If they look like crap heading to the all-star break, they may tank the rest of the way similar to last year. Posters that dont agree with this direction are living in their own reality and are actually against Ujiri/Nurse's main building philosophies which is absurd considering their track record. The OP is a known Ujiri hater.

I do like coming to this thread for some of the prospect videos that are posted but I dont really trust anybody's judgement on them....Tank for Suggs or die trying, Tank 4 Wiggins were actually TWO movements. Most posters dont know what they are talking about.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#1356 » by Danny1616 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:42 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

I think you take this thread too seriously. A lot of the posts here are just for comic relief.

The whole "fake wins", "Team Mediocre" tags are similar to how Donald Trump would push an agenda regardless if it actually makes sense or not.

The Ujiri/Nurse direction is pretty clear. They are trying to win. If they make the playoffs great. If they look like crap heading to the all-star break, they may tank the rest of the way similar to last year. Posters that dont agree with this direction are living in their own reality and are actually against Ujiri/Nurse's main building philosophies which is absurd considering their track record. The OP is a known Ujiri hater.

I do like coming to this thread for some of the prospect videos that are posted but I dont really trust anybody's judgement on them....Tank for Suggs or die trying, Tank 4 Wiggins were actually TWO movements. Most posters dont know what they are talking about.

Exactly this.
Los_29
RealGM

Post#1357 » by Los_29 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:44 pm

KrazyP wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Yeah I generally agree but I think what makes this thread funny is that these posts actually aren't for comic relief. They truly believe in this stuff. That's why it's fun coming here.
DelAbbot
RealGM

Post#1358 » by DelAbbot » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:44 pm

Thanks for pointing out that this TWO thread is really comic relief, but not at the expense of being grouped with Donald Trump. WTF!

I prefer to think of us as South Park and GreatWhiteStiff is the incarnation of Eric Cartman
RealGM
And1: 66,576

Post#1359 » by 720 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:46 pm

Madhouse wrote:
God Squad wrote:Obviously early. But does anyone have a prospect they like in particular at 10th pick? I'm learning these three without combine and a full season.

Tari Eason
Jaden Hardy
Bennedict Mathurin

After the first tier is gone, the second tier is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. Their isn't much separating say Kendall Brown Tari Eason for example (Still taking Brown over Eason).

1st tier IMO
1. Ivey
2. Jabari
3. Chet
4. Paolo

Looking at Kendall Brown and TyTy Washington right now and possibly AJ Griffin if he enters.

If we get Kendall Brown somehow at 10, we won the draft imo.

He has just an elite natural feel for the game of basketball like Barnes.

Bring him off the bench as backup SG/SF/PF in year 1 and give him 25-28 minutes. He would go off.

In addition to his size and athleticism I really like his quick decision making.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,694

Post#1360 » by Bruin » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:49 pm

will wrote:
Los_29 wrote:
DelAbbot wrote:

Or if you do not agree, just simply stop posting in this tWo specific thread.

It’s a difficult concept for some. They just feel the need to be right and will fight air in order to prove it

Return to Toronto Raptors