ImageImageImageImageImage

Kawhi Leonard Signs with Clippers Part 2

Moderators: Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer

bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Re: Kawhi Leonard Signs with Clippers Part 2 

Post#141 » by bakafool » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:37 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:I’m ready for the season to start man

Hopefully, this lights a fire under everyone's ass and after a short break they come back to focus and level up again. No time to waste.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
joshgc
Veteran
And1: 5,457

Post#142 » by joshgc » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:37 pm

Okay, so I had a full 9 hours to digest everything and here is my rant...

I am pissed bro, we gave this guy everything. Took a risk on his bum ass legs, rehabbed his ass back to normal, Load managed his way back to the top, kept him under the radar so he can rebuild his reputation, fu.ck this. Have fun being hated in LA, cause that place is not Clipper county, it is Laker county! Have fun being the team that is hated the most in LA, the chargers of basketball. Lebron James is going to make sure there are no new balance billboards anywhere around the city, have fun Kawhi, and yeah whatever thanks for the title. You owe us as much as we owe you.

Fu.ck this I’m getting a drink,
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,525
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#143 » by SharoneWright » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:37 pm

Masai wanted to keep the cap space for Giannis in 2021.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Post#144 » by Cobra Kawhi » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:37 pm

Time for OG to take performance enhancement pills and braid his hair. This is the only way man

will
RealGM
And1: 49,985
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#145 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:38 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:I’m ready for the season to start man

DonDoolie
Veteran
And1: 3,755

Post#146 » by DonDoolie » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:39 pm

Waste of a year if we try to defend the title. Ship everyone out and rebuild now. Keep pascal the rest can **** off.
Weaseling out of things is important to learn; it’s what separates us from the animals … except the weasel
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,588

Post#147 » by Brinbe » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:39 pm

bakafool wrote:
will wrote:
bakafool wrote:I am super interested in how Nick will manage the team next season. Also excited about Siakam's inevitable power up.

Now that Pascal will be the main focus of other teams when scouted - will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

OG - WOW...what an opportunity for the young man now...

Honestly, so much opportunity for the guys now. Defensively, we'll still be dangerous with Kyle, Norm, OG, Pascal, and Gasol. Offense has to be picked up by everyone, and when sht hits the fan, Pascal will have to be the one to create the shot. Bench will be thin but guys like Malcolm Miller have a great opportunity to develop. We have to throw players into the fire. I'll be surprised if we are end up at the 7th or 8th spot. This team should be good enough to be in the middle of the pack at least. Really intriguing how this all pans out. Championships are nice and the ultimate goal, but we really have to enjoy this journey again. And if we're lucky enough, we win the championship with a team of true Raptors.

we still have that mle, which we can split among a few guys or go all in on one.

mans is acting like we have a garbage roster now. WAKE UP
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#148 » by Young_Buc » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:39 pm

HiMyNameIsTrey wrote:Feel bad for OKC. That franchise is perpetually taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back. To lose Harden, KD, and now Paul George after convicing him to re-sign. And 2 first round exits to show it for it. Cursed.

Nah they stole the Sonic's. No remorse.
will
RealGM
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#149 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:40 pm

joshgc wrote:Okay, so I had a full 16 hours to digest everything and here is my rant...

I am pissed bro, we gave this guyeverything. Took a risk on his bum ass legs, rehabbed his ass back to normal, Load managed his way back to the top, kept him under the radar so he can rebuild his reputation, fu.ck this. Have fun being hated in LA, cause that place is not Clipper county, it is Laker county! Have fun being the team that is hated the most in LA, the chargers of basketball. Lebron James is going to make sure there are no new balance billboards anywhere around the city, have fun Kawhi, and yeah whatever thanks for the title. You owe us as much as we owe you.

Fu.ck this I’m getting a drink,

'Whi didn't ask to be here. He was voluntold to play for the Raptors. Messed around and won a 'chip. We all caught feelings. Real talk.

His heart was always set on LA. No secret.

He got what he ALWAYS wanted.
will
RealGM

Post#150 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:40 pm

Young_Buc wrote:
HiMyNameIsTrey wrote:Feel bad for OKC. That franchise is perpetually taking 1 step forward, 2 steps back. To lose Harden, KD, and now Paul George after convicing him to re-sign. And 2 first round exits to show it for it. Cursed.

Nah they stole the Sonic's. No remorse.

Bang on 'em!
Madvillainy2004
Head Coach
And1: 7,247

Post#151 » by Madvillainy2004 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:40 pm

Can't wait to blow out the clippers during a Kawhi load management game lol
chuckerz
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#152 » by chuckerz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:40 pm

Bittersweet ending for a championship team. The clippers are going to a be a defensive juggernaut of a team. Paul George, Kawhi, pat Beverly, Landry shamet, will be a killer small ball lineup.
will
RealGM

Post#153 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:41 pm

chuckerz wrote:Bittersweet ending for a championship team. The clippers are going to a be a defensive juggernaut of a team. Paul George, Kawhi, pat Beverly, Landry shamet, even gilgeous Alexander will be a killer small ball lineup.

SGA was dealt to OKC with Gallo as part of this whole deal.
kris1
Sophomore
And1: 255

Post#154 » by kris1 » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:42 pm

DonDoolie wrote:Waste of a year if we try to defend the title. Ship everyone out and rebuild now. Keep pascal the rest can **** off.

This
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,308

Post#155 » by raptorstime » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:42 pm

Enjoy the moment
Have fun with it
*peace out*
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#156 » by alienchild » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:43 pm

Madvillainy2004 wrote:Can't wait to blow out the clippers during a Kawhi load management game lol

Hell, no. I want him playing.
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,071

Post#157 » by carlosey » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:43 pm

Should have just been honest with Toronto to go to the clippers but manipulated and played w the franchise's future and Ujiri to get himself PG in LA. I mean come on dude a plane trip to Toronto isn't respect when you do that.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,403

Post#158 » by ratul » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:43 pm

chuckerz wrote:Bittersweet ending for a championship team. The clippers are going to a be a defensive juggernaut of a team. Paul George, Kawhi, pat Beverly, Landry shamet, will be a killer small ball lineup.

Yes, those 7 clippers fans are going to have a blast.
will
RealGM

Post#159 » by will » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:44 pm

klitoris wrote:
DonDoolie wrote:Waste of a year if we try to defend the title. Ship everyone out and rebuild now. Keep pascal the rest can **** off.

This

I ain't even mad at that.

Get the rebuild/retool going A$AP RAPTORS
chuckerz
Bench Warmer
And1: 161

Post#160 » by chuckerz » Sat Jul 6, 2019 3:45 pm

Overall, taking Kawhi for one year was worth the gamble seeing that it led to the first championship in franchise history.

Fans have to ask themselves if keeping DeRozan and Valanciunas was really worth it if it will never lead to a championship run.

Return to Toronto Raptors