ImageImageImage

Well that was unpleasant! Postgame thread vs Sixers 1/14

Moderators: bisme37, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10

Garbanzo
Junior
And1: 398

Re: Well that was unpleasant! Postgame thread vs Sixers 1/14 

Post#141 » by Garbanzo » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:37 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:The bad:
Brutal game for Udoka
At one point the team was +13 when Tatum played the 4 with Rob at the 5 position (give or take a few points)
I stopped counting when Udoka didn't challenge that offensive foul on Brown in the middle of the fourth (why Ime, why?, that was raising a white flag way too soon).

The good:
Even Udoka realized that we should never pair Horfie and Williams together.
He stopped using that from the middle of the 3th.

Pritchard and Nesmith were great
Jalen and Jason both played very well, passed the ball and didn't lose it, while Tatum was paired with Rob.

He didn't learn, he goes away from double Big every game (basically forced to), but somehow he still insists on starting the game with it. It will work once in a while so Ime thinks it's the players not making it work the rest of the time.

I know.. I know..
Agreed
Just trying to give myself some hope
Half-Full
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,127

Post#142 » by Half-Full » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:56 pm

In the time I watched the game (I stopped at the end of the first half- couldn't take any more), I saw too many threes that weren't dropping. An inability to get into the paint resulted in ball movement on the perimeter, and a three point shot that was mostly not dropping. Have to give credit to Philly's defense, but did not see even a glimmer of a solution for our inability to close the 20 point hole we found ourselves in. Very frustrating. I saw that late in the game (4th quarter) Ime went with Nesmith and Pritchard, and they provided some energy. Why he waited until the 4th quarter after seeing the starters were unable to chip away at the '6ers lead for three quarters is a mystery. Not saying that the bench would have turned the game around, but why not give them the chance? Tatum and Co. weren't doing it. One thing that Nesmith always brings is energy, and lord knows we needed some of that.
Shak_Celts
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,931

Post#143 » by Shak_Celts » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:17 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:The bad:
Brutal game for Udoka
At one point the team was +13 when Tatum played the 4 with Rob at the 5 position (give or take a few points)
I stopped counting when Udoka didn't challenge that offensive foul on Brown in the middle of the fourth (why Ime, why?, that was raising a white flag way too soon).

The good:
Even Udoka realized that we should never pair Horfie and Williams together.
He stopped using that from the middle of the 3th.

Pritchard and Nesmith were great
Jalen and Jason both played very well, passed the ball and didn't lose it, while Tatum was paired with Rob.

He didn't learn, he goes away from double Big every game (basically forced to), but somehow he still insists on starting the game with it. It will work once in a while so Ime thinks it's the players not making it work the rest of the time.

I know.. I know..
Agreed

I feel you, you saw the hoops a lot of us had to jump through to find silver linings this season.

It's okay...

NAME ON THE FRONT OF THE JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!)
ryan in Maine
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,105

Post#144 » by ryan in Maine » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 pm

Shak_Celts wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
Shak_Celts wrote:

I know.. I know..
Agreed

I feel you, you saw the hoops a lot of us had to jump through to find silver linings this season.

It's okay...

For real. I had to play the LeBron drafted JB in the All Star game card the other day.

Return to Boston Celtics