The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8)

Moderators: penbeast0, trex_8063, PaulieWal, Doctor MJ, Clyde Frazier

kayess
Sixth Man
And1: 1,000

Re: The Lebron '20 Thread (Pt. 8) 

Post#1521 » by kayess » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:26 am

dreamshake wrote:Cracks me up when Bron butchers cliches in his interviews sometimes. Just watching him in a postgame interview talking about making his doubters respect him, he was meaning to say "everything else falls by the wayside" but it came out as "everything else falls at the waistline" :lol: My man got that jewelry though, he can say whatever he wants :D

Lol you got other examples?

When he said pushing for police brutality I was **** shocked and was ready to turn on him, then I realized obviously he just slipped up. Rachel Nicols the real MVP by saying thank you for pushing against those things
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#1522 » by Baski » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:47 am

J Shuttlesworth wrote:Do you guys think if Lebron's next season is as good as this last one, they will give him regular season MVP?

I feel like even if Giannis has more stats and better record, LeBron easily has the narrative

Yeah next season could be his Westbrook MVP where the media is just itching to give it to him if he checks off a few items on their list. But it also depends on what happens with Luka, Jokic and AD.

Giannis is for sure done winning MVPs. Voter fatigue plus this playoff flameout have all but guaranteed that.
Homer38
RealGM
And1: 11,842

Post#1523 » by Homer38 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:02 am

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Unbelievable stats!
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#1524 » by Baski » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 am

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

:lol: :lol: It would be hilarious watching 35 year old Lebron frozen in place at the top of the key as 27-year old Lebron is landing after having blown by him and dunked before he could turn around.
O_6
Rookie
And1: 1,519

Post#1525 » by O_6 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:12 am

Anthony Davis and Jimmy Butler played at such a high level in these Finals, yet at the end of the series it was still fairly clear that LeBron James was the best player on the floor. In Year 17.

Leading the Lakers to the title is the only thing that mattered, but LeBron earning a Finals MVP over AD is something I was rooting for because of the historical implications. A 4th Finals MVP to distance himself from Magic/Shaq/Duncan to be in 2nd place by himself. 3rd Franchise he was a Finals MVP for. Sure, these are just mere footnotes in a legendary career filled with mountains of crazy accolades and achievements, but Finals MVPs are worth a lot and I'm glad LeBron earned this one.

The fact that LeBron is still the best player in the league in Year 17 is impressive enough. But the fact that he's still arguably the most dominant athletic specimen in the league in Year 17 is what I'll never forget about this run. In the regular season before COVID struck, he absolutely bodied Giannis in one on one matchups in the paint during their game. Pre-COVID when Zion was bulldozing his way in the paint, LeBron was one of the few players I saw who was actually able to hang with Zion in terms of strength. Anthony Davis for all his defensive skills was having problems with both Giannis and Zion during these games, because quite frankly he's not strong enough. Yet old man LeBron was strong enough. Completely owning Westbrook in the Rockets series with countless highlights that showcased his speed and explosiveness. Being switched onto a red-hot Jamal Murray and having the quickness to stay with and defend Murray better than anyone all playoffs.

The IQ on both ends of the court, the incredible passing, the quality outside shot, etc. there's a lot of reasons why LeBron is still great. But it really is mind blowing that he is still this dominant of a pure athletic specimen. I think we'll see someone in the future surpass LeBron as a player. But I don't think we'll ever see a player maintain an argument for "Most athletically gifted" status this deep into his career.

TLDR: He built different
Homer38
RealGM

Post#1526 » by Homer38 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:14 am

This is not over!

Read on Twitter
GSP
RealGM
And1: 15,600

Post#1527 » by GSP » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:15 am

Lakers +375 to repeat

seems like easy money to me
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#1528 » by Baski » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:21 am

thebigbird wrote:I was 8 years old when I watched LeBron play basketball for the first time. I was in the 2nd grade sneaking out of my room after bedtime to watch his high school team play. Now, I’m 26 years old and I just watched him win a 4th championship. I know it might sound dumb because I’m just a fan, but it’s been a helluva journey, and I can’t wait to see what happens next.

It's ironic that I became a Spurs and basketball fan after watching them trounce the Cavs in the 07 finals. I remember asking myself how tf that scrub wearing #23 on the other team made it to the finals :lol: :lol:

The next season I was like "Oh ok I get it now" :lol: :lol:

And the rest is history
Mos_Heat
RealGM
And1: 36,827

Post#1529 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:38 am

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Yeah, but that was Miami's strategy to let them shoot
:reporter:
Baski
Lead Assistant

Post#1530 » by Baski » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:40 am

JordansBulls wrote:
PaulieWal wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Next year you could have to deal with Warriors and Clippers. This year a break having neither. Also could deal with Brooklyn as well. Maybe neither make it again but certainly much tougher road dealing with any or all of them.

Let's be real the Clippers were overrated and simply put, Kawhi is just not on Lebron's level and with evenly matched team I'm sure Bron would just be the difference. Plus Clippers missing a playmaker is just not gonna cut it and that was a concern for them all year long.

I disagree, I think Kawhi was probably the only guy who could play Lebron straight up or play him to a standstill or even play better than him. On the season when head to head he showed it. He even showed it in prior seasons. Wish we got to see though. To me that was the biggest disappointment of the season that we didn't get to see that matchup in the playoffs.

I used to think that way as well but after this season I'm sure Kawhi was never a threat to Lebron in a playoff series. Dude legit looked scared in that last RS matchup :lol: :lol: and folded like a lawn chair against the Nuggets. If the Clips ever eliminate the Lakers, it won't be because Kawhi outplayed Lebron.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,689

Post#1531 » by Dupp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:00 am

8-)
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1532 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:48 am

PaulieWal wrote:
GSP wrote:
J Shuttlesworth wrote:Do you guys think if Lebron's next season is as good as this last one, they will give him regular season MVP?

I feel like even if Giannis has more stats and better record, LeBron easily has the narrative

LMAOOOOOOO @ Giannis

He's gonna have to win 70+ games at least to even entertain winning it after how his last 2 playoffs have gone. There is no **** way he's winning 3 straight Mvps

I'm putting my money on Luka as soon as the odds open. Think Jokic is a dark horse too but he coasts in the Rs

I think AD wins the next MVP especially if the Lakers are a top 2 seed again and Bron brings coasting back in the RS.

You think AD will hit another gear? To me he's not consistent enough in the regular season
Mos_Heat
RealGM

Post#1533 » by Mos_Heat » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:53 am

nzahir wrote:Wow free agency in 1 week...

What should we even be doing?

We have the mle and bi annual right (on top of vet mins)?

I wonder if KCP is okay coming back on a 1 year deal for 2021 cap space?

Source? I thought FA will be after the draft, somewhere in late November
JulesWinnfield
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,354

Post#1534 » by JulesWinnfield » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:47 am

Here is how crazy efficient Lebron was in these finals and how efficient the duo was in general... Anthony Davis had a game in this series where he started 14/14 from the floor... he also started the series 29/29 from the foul line... yet it wasn’t enough to post a higher FG% or TS% than Lebron in the series lol
Homer38
RealGM

Post#1535 » by Homer38 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:54 am

It's also crazy how LBJ was more efficient in his playoffs than he was in the regular season .... 56 FG% in the playoffs vs 49% in the regular season .... A bit the same for AD (57 % in the playoffs vs 50% in the regular season)
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1536 » by Dupp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 am

Yeah was just about to post how crazy it is he ended up scoring more efficiently than AD in the finals. Looked pretty unlikely at one stage given how crazy ADs scoring was.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,639

Post#1537 » by LikeABosh » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:26 am

Homer38 wrote:This is not over!

Read on Twitter

I'm happy he couldn't name a number/age he wanted to get to. He truly believes it's gonna be awhile before he slows down
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1538 » by Dupp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:29 am

Just watched the game btw. AD might have been the best player this game.

Defense was great. Butler was really poor. Just didn’t try and dominate at all.
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#1539 » by Freighttrain » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:43 am

Dupp wrote:Just watched the game btw. AD might have been the best player this game.

I think Butler just ran out of gas. You could tell early in the game he didn't have the same energy. LeBron played on that same level from last game and that's what separates them. AD was great indeed on that end. Best teammate LeBron has ever had, that seems crystal clear after this.
Dupp
RealGM

Post#1540 » by Dupp » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am

Freighttrain wrote:
Dupp wrote:Just watched the game btw. AD might have been the best player this game.

I think Butler just ran out of gas. You could tell early in the game he didn't have the same energy. LeBron played on that same level from last game and that's what separates them. AD was great indeed on that end. Best teammate LeBron has ever had, that seems crystal clear after this.

If he really did run out of gas how insane is lebron just to do this over and over again. Particularly when he was carrying a bigger load in previous years.

Return to Player Comparisons