Power Puff Kawhi is out again - Load Management Folks, Folk You!

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Kawhi Load Management Opinion?

This is ridiculous, start unleashing the fines
45%
Who cares
15%
He should play limited minutes in games instead of missing games
12%
Its smart save him for the playoffs
28%

Total votes: 341

Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,976

Re: Power Puff Kawhi is out again - Load Management Folks, Folk You! 

Post#161 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:18 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Obviously the Clippers and Kawhi lied about no load management. That being said, 13 games missed vs 22, still technically means he played more games when healthy. Clippers aren't resting him the way Toronto did. It seems to be only B2B related.

If the league knows you got a guy like Kawhi, and still scheduled a bunch of B2B that's on them. B2B's honestly shouldn't exist anymore. Without them teams will be healthier and fresher.

What are you suggesting here: that the league schedules NO back-to-backs for the Clippers, just because they have Kawhi? But every other team gets B2Bs, or whatever leftover scheduling scraps fit into the remaining TV & travel schedule constraints. That's absurd.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#162 » by Perseus1966 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:19 pm

Danny1616 wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:All you got to do is rest all the way till the playoffs and then you have an immense advantage compared to others carrying their teams into the playoffs. Start fining playoff games once you've taken games off for load management in the regular season. 2 games off for load management = 1 playoff game and so on.

A star can’t literally rest ALL the way, many teams will miss the playoffs that way.

But essentially we are seeing game theory in effect here- what’s the optimum number of games to play to maximize your chances at a title? What’s the optimal balance of 3’s and 2’s for an offense?

Teams are all playing by the rules, if the league and fans don’t like the strategies chosen then they have to change the rules.

Ideally they would shorten the season to 60 games to give players more rest, and make each individual game more meaningful. But that ain’t gonna happen...

Kawhi's has a long-lasting quad condition.

We all saw in the playoffs by the Bucks series he could barely walk without limping.

Some players like Lebron, Kobe, Rodman, Jordan etc. could play 82 games and a long playoffs for 10-15 seasons without missing games. Other players struggle to stay on a court for majority of a season. That's how it will always be regardless of whether the season is 60 games or 80 games.

That was"please mr refery i am hurt these bad guys fouling me(throw head back =ft ) kaawi mvp
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,079

Post#163 » by pwrshft99 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:20 pm

liamliam1234 wrote:
pwrshft99 wrote:
liamliam1234 wrote:
"Won't someone please think of the children? :cry: "

You mean the future ticket buyers? It's not a plea for the children, it is simply bad business to disappoint the next generation of fans.

Let's be honest, families are a big part of NBA revenue. Single people like me would rather get **** up at home and illegally stream the game

You know what is worse business?

Having your star players diminished for the playoffs because they treated the regular season as a bigger deal than it actually is.

Stop sulking.

So where do you draw the line? This is just the new acceptable line of thinking?? Save it for later, just in case???

There is much talent in the West. It is very possible Kawhi goes home in the first round this year. What kinda of return is that?
#sadbullsfan
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,091

Post#164 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:22 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Obviously the Clippers and Kawhi lied about no load management. That being said, 13 games missed vs 22, still technically means he played more games when healthy. Clippers aren't resting him the way Toronto did. It seems to be only B2B related.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using RealGM mobile app

He missed a bunch of games last year with a sprained ankle and a bruised hip, too. We really don't know what Toronto's plan was. They weren't upfront about it and left Nick Nurse in the lurch. Even players said they didn't know when he was playing. It appears as though it was on back-to-backs and then whenever their tests revealed too much inflammation. Doc could shut down a lot of questions by just saying, "yeah, that's what we're doing... for now." I don't see the drawback.
Yea, Doc has always been a manipulator with the media. He lies through his teeth with dismissive statements. When asked about PG's return he keeps saying " I don't know, I'm not a team doctor". Then the very next interview he will say "We just gotta make it 10 games without PG" etc. So point is don't expect the truth or Doc to reveal his hand in interviews. It's annoyed me since day one. Vinny sucked as coach in some ways, but he was a straight shooter and very upfront which I liked.

Also fair point on injuries. He came into this season healthier for one, secondly we are too early to see if inflammation takes more games.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
The4thHorseman
General Manager
And1: 4,535

Post#165 » by The4thHorseman » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:26 pm

QRich3 wrote:I mean, let's be honest, not one of the people complaining here is one of the hypothetical "what if a kid bought a ticket and he just crushed his dreams". It's just people upset that Kawhi didn't choose their team in free agency, or that he's ranked over their favorite player, and just use any chance they get to whine about him. Just call a spade a spade man.

If he's going to miss games, then at least do it for the home games. Fans have a hell of a lot more opportunities to see him play compared to an East team that they'll only play once on the road.

It doesn't matter if it's a kid or an adult, they're still getting shafted when Kawhi sits out.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,431

Post#166 » by ItsDanger » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:26 pm

Hopefully he rests on the 11th, we need an easy win.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
The4thHorseman
General Manager

Post#167 » by The4thHorseman » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:30 pm

pwrshft99 wrote:
liamliam1234 wrote:
pwrshft99 wrote:
You mean the future ticket buyers? It's not a plea for the children, it is simply bad business to disappoint the next generation of fans.

Let's be honest, families are a big part of NBA revenue. Single people like me would rather get **** up at home and illegally stream the game

You know what is worse business?

Having your star players diminished for the playoffs because they treated the regular season as a bigger deal than it actually is.

Stop sulking.

So where do you draw the line? This is just the new acceptable line of thinking?? Save it for later, just in case???

There is much talent in the West. It is very possible Kawhi goes home in the first round this year. What kinda of return is that?

Pretty soon, players will be able to a choose a contract with or without load management where the money will be significantly different pending on which one the player selects.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#168 » by Forte IV » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:31 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
QRich3 wrote:I mean, let's be honest, not one of the people complaining here is one of the hypothetical "what if a kid bought a ticket and he just crushed his dreams". It's just people upset that Kawhi didn't choose their team in free agency, or that he's ranked over their favorite player, and just use any chance they get to whine about him. Just call a spade a spade man.

If he's going to miss games, then at least do it for the home games. Fans have a hell of a lot more opportunities to see him play compared to an East team that they'll only play once on the road.

It doesn't matter if it's a kid or an adult, they're still getting shafted when Kawhi sits out.

He is sitting out a home game tho? All the madness in this thread and people can't even back up their own statements.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,801

Post#169 » by Michael Jordan » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:32 pm

Ask Raptor fans if they're livid with their organization for resting their finals MVP for meaningless regular season games.

Then look at Joel Embiid, Bledsoe, Lowry, and Klay in the playoffs last year. Fatigue will eventually catch up to them if they don't take care of themselves during the season.

I understand people wanna say its "bad for business" but whats worse for business is injured players during the playoffs. Fatigue dramatically increases the probability of injuries.
The4thHorseman
General Manager

Post#170 » by The4thHorseman » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:34 pm

Forte IV wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:

He is sitting out a home game tho? All the madness in this thread and people can't even back up their own statements.

I knew that before I posted. I was just saying.........
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#171 » by Forte IV » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:37 pm

The4thHorseman wrote:
Forte IV wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:If he's going to miss games, then at least do it for the home games. Fans have a hell of a lot more opportunities to see him play compared to an East team that they'll only play once on the road.

I knew that before I posted. I was just saying.........

I apologize for lumping you into the madness. Sometimes when I put on the gloves I cant control my swings.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,932

Post#172 » by lakerz12 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:38 pm

As I said before the season, they better hope PG13 comes back and stays healthy.

Otherwise, if both PG13 and Kawhi miss 15-20+ games, they'll be looking at a 5-8 seed.

Maybe they are okay with that. But it could cost them.

Toronto had more talent across the board to carry the team in Kawhi's absence.
JimmyTheGreek
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,051

Post#173 » by JimmyTheGreek » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:38 pm

ESPN’s Doris Burke made some interesting remarks about the Clippers’ decision to rest Kawhi Leonard and I completely agree. What a joke this “load management” has become especially so early in the season.

“It is mind-boggling to me that Kawhi Leonard doesn’t want to play against the reigning MVP and he’d rather play against Portland tomorrow night on TNT,” Doris Burke said on Wedneday morning’s episode of Golic and Wingo. “Kawhi not playing is ridiculous at this point.”

Read on Twitter
?s=20
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#174 » by bon » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:44 pm

Can't argue with the results
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,079

Post#175 » by pwrshft99 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:51 pm

Forte IV wrote:
The4thHorseman wrote:

Even if it's a home game, the point is still valid.

There are only so many games and so many tickets. Someone out there paid good money for tickets for this game. It might not be an important game for Kawhi, but it damn sure is an important night for the guy who bought his seats, maybe took the day off of work and planned an entire evening of seeing one of the best talents the league has to offer. Now, he isn't getting the value for his money he thought he would.
#sadbullsfan
JeepCSC
Starter
And1: 1,491

Post#176 » by JeepCSC » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:52 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:The NFL has less games yet make more money. Revenue(especially profit) is not solely driven by the number of sporting events. MLB not the NFL would be King if this were the case. The NBA would have to market the reduction in games with some type of "less is more" campaign. Also they more than likely have to invent "basketball days". Perhaps Tuesdays and Fridays with the marquee games being on Saturday. To help avoid going head up with the NFL.

I just hate people spreading the idea that less games automatically means less profits.

Those are different sports. Their payout per game is different. A 16-game MLB season wouldn’t make what a 16-game NFL season. As you mentioned, a 162-game MLB season doesn’t make as much as a 16-game NFL season. Its nothing to do with more or less games, simply the market rate for NFL vs MLB.

Asking fans and networks to pay the same amount for less is not a sound business plan. It isn’t a business plan at all.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 17,377

Post#177 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:53 pm

**** puss along with the clippers. Hopefully they don’t win any title
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,976

Post#178 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:54 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:Ask Raptor fans if they're livid with their organization for resting their finals MVP for meaningless regular season games.

Then look at Joel Embiid, Bledsoe, Lowry, and Klay in the playoffs last year. Fatigue will eventually catch up to them if they don't take care of themselves during the season.

I understand people wanna say its "bad for business" but whats worse for business is injured players during the playoffs. Fatigue dramatically increases the probability of injuries.

Yeah, but the regular season is what pays the bulk of the bills for owners, players and Adam Silver. If the narrative becomes.... "the regular season doesn't matter" that's worse for business than one or two superstars missing the playoffs. People are used to that... it's been happening like that forever. And it confirms that they played hard during the year. It has honor and integrity.

That said, the Raptors situation is completely different. Kawhi was still injured last year and confirmed he isn't injured this year. He's a healthy scratch tonight ... 6 games in.... for the 2nd time. That's crazy.
letsgorockets
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#179 » by letsgorockets » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:55 pm

Greyhound wrote:
letsgorockets wrote:I realize how annoying it can be to fans, particularly if you bought a ticket to see that superstar come play in your town and it might be his only game there the entire year. But he did load manage his way to a title last year, so if there's one player I'm not gonna give any **** to about it, it's Kawhi. If he plays 60 games and that enables him to be fresh and healthy through the payoffs, isn't that the point? I just wish the NBA would rule that a healthy player has to use their rest games on home games. Don't cheat the paying customer in Orlando who just wants to see whoever come play the one chance they have. Home fans have 41 chances, and potentially the playoffs, so take the rest games there.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app

This is nonsense. That guy gets away with murder.

If it were LeBron (in year 17, no less) pulling this mess, RealGM servers would be preparing for a crash.
You can feel how you want, but I wouldn't be up in arms if LeBron did it. Hell, he should be doing it lol. If it didn't work, then you'd have an arguement to stand on, but it worked out perfectly for Toronto/Kawhi. I wish Harden would've rested a little more the last couple seasons, couldn't have hurt come playoff time.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,374

Post#180 » by nickhx2 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:56 pm

he has a chronic condition

Return to The General Board