Post-Mortem: 2021-22 Miami Heat

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

4 Questions

Poll ended at Wed Jun 1, 2022 3:17 am

Q1: Keep the GM
23%
Q1: Fire the GM
1%
Q2: Keep the coach
23%
Q2: Fire the coach
2%
Q3: Performed better than expected
17%
Q3: Performed as expected
9%
Q3: Performed worse than expected
1%
Q4: Rising Team
4%
Q4: Treadmill Team
12%
Q4: Waning Team
9%

Total votes: 498

sp6r=underrated
RealGM
And1: 9,249

Re: Post-Mortem: 2021-22 Miami Heat 

Post#161 » by sp6r=underrated » Mon Jun 6, 2022 5:10 pm

dolphinatik wrote:Freak injuries derailed the bubnle run (Dragic) and this run (Morris, jimmy, herro, Lowry, dedmon). On any given night they can give you a run with a balanced attack on both ends. Coaching and scouting will replenish the coffers with guys that buy in. Treadmill playoff deep team doesn't sound all that bad.

exactly, the blow it up contingent is insane. The vast majority of teams that blow it up never make it to the CF 2 times in 3 years, one of which they lost down by a possession with the ball in the final minutes.

It is extremely hard to acquire a generational player. Once you get one and it looks like Butler has fully emerged as one, just milk it for as much as you can even if it never leads to a title.
Texas Chuck wrote:we watch super slow motion replay from 4 different angles and get angry if a ref missed something at full speed in real time . . . Newsflash to fans--it doesn't slow down matrix style for the refs as the game is going on
Eagle4
Sixth Man
And1: 2,024

Re: Post-Mortem: 2021-22 Miami Heat 

Post#162 » by Eagle4 » Mon Jun 6, 2022 10:00 pm

vincent wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
sp6r=underrated wrote:
One of my views on NBA teams is there are 4 teams with huge advantages (Knicks/Lakers/Nets/Clippers) due to the appeal of NYC & LA. The Knicks squandered that advantage. The Lakers for most of their history combined smart management with that advantage to make them a juggernaut. And the Clippers/Nets have only started leaning into it.

There are also a few teams that are in markets that make it a lot harder either due to lack of money (New Orleans) or lack of player appeal.

But most NBA teams are basically the same: Miami, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta. I don't see any difference between these cities. That Lebron went there was largely Wade but if Riley had done a bad job for Wade, he wouldn't have wanted to come and they would have went elsewhere. But Riley largely did a good job, good supporting cast rookie year, getting Shaq and having the good sense to get rid of Shaq. So I think you have to give him some credit for Lebron signing

Did you just honestly say you saw no difference between the city of MIami, and Dallas, Chicago and Atlanta?

I don't even live in Miami anymore, and I was thinking the same thing ..
Plus that no-state tax to a millionaire is huge .
How about the weather, the beaches on X-mas day can be in the 90's.

.. and the women. :wink:

Return to The General Board