Shams: Joakim Noah joining the Clippers this week for workouts

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,299

Re: Shams: Joakim Noah joining the Clippers this week for workouts 

Post#21 » by clyde21 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:47 am

Yogatti wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
What does that have anything to do with my post? All I stated was Curry needed another MVP on his team after winning 73 win games. I didn't say Curry wasn't the reason for their 73 win season

"Needed"

^ There is the lie

How is that a lie?

you're embarrassing yourself again
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#22 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:50 am

clyde21 wrote:
Yogatti wrote:
LipSkinMatter wrote:
"Needed"

^ There is the lie

How is that a lie?

you're embarrassing yourself again

no, not really.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,514

Post#23 » by ImSlower » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:52 am

If he is engaged with the system, he will be a great emotional leader, especially come playoffs. I'm happy if he signs with the Clips, I was not excited for him on the Lakers. Most Bulls fans will always love the guy.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#24 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:55 am

OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,092

Post#25 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:23 am

ImSlower wrote:If he is engaged with the system, he will be a great emotional leader, especially come playoffs. I'm happy if he signs with the Clips, I was not excited for him on the Lakers. Most Bulls fans will always love the guy.

If he can give 10-15 minutes a game of high energy and defensive effort+a few hard fouls, I'm happy. I realize that his impact on defense is way less than it used to be, but last year he showed some great flashes. He was a +1.5 RPM overall and +7 Net Rating on the season, so obviously he can still impact the game. One lowkey skillset the Clippers could really use from him is playmaking. He's an outstanding passer for a big and having him in a poor man's Marc Gasol type role (albeit in way less minutes) would be huge. He could basically run plays in a spot role from the post and just focus on protecting the rim. I'd most be excited about his IQ+experience+mentality to fit this team of scrappy junkyard dogs.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,079

Post#26 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:27 am

Yogatti wrote:he won because Kevin Love and Kyrie got hurt. Once he faced a healthy Cavs team, Curry blew a 3-1 lead in the finals, something that has never happened before.

None of my post ever counted the 73 wins against him. I give Curry full credit for 73 win record. I'm saying Curry needed even more help after having the best regular season of all time.

"If your only point was that he didn’t win the Finals that year, the same can be said about every star in the league during various years in their careers. Example: Kawhi didn’t win in 2016 AND he didn’t win 73 games. That’s even worse."

When you win 73-9 you're pretty much expected to win a title. Anything less is a complete failure. If you disagree with that then there's no point in arguing with you.

"That's even worse"

How is that even worse? You just said that the same can be said for every star in this league.

Lol see, you just did it again. You called it a “complete failure” because they went 73-9 in the regular season. I’ll give you an analogy to show you why that’s ridiculous:

2 students take the SAT. Student A gets a perfect score, and student B lands in the 50th percentile. Then the same students take the ACT, and both get 75th percentile. You tryna tell me Student A is less intelligent than student B because of how much he dropped from his SAT score? That’s ridiculous, right?

If that’s not what you’re telling me, why bring up the 73 wins at all? You were trying to criticize Curry and yet you referenced a massive accomplishment to make your point. Even if you don’t care about the RS, then Curry is no different than any other star that lost in the Finals.

Logic is cool like that.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 11,005

Post#27 » by Ice Trae » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:38 am

Just sign him already
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,431

Post#28 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:39 am

I can’t see him accepting not playing every game after the Knicks situation. Only way he will get consistent playing time is if Harrell and his jumper are improved enough that he can be the primary backup at PF. With Noah’s passing ability he won’t be forced to stay in the paint and clog it in case of Lou and Harrell pick and roll.

Beverly/Lou/Mann
George/Shamet/Robinson
Leonard/Harkless/McGruder/Coffey
Green/Harrell/Patterson/Motley
Zubac/Noah/Kabengele
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 30,092

Post#29 » by OkcSinceSGA » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:40 am

TheNewEra wrote:I can’t see him accepting not playing every game after the Knicks situation. Only way he will get consistent playing time is if Harrell and his jumper are improved enough that he can be the primary backup at PF. With Noah’s passing ability he won’t be forced to stay in the paint and clog it in case of Lou and Harrell pick and roll.

Beverly/Lou/Mann
George/Shamet/Robinson
Zubac/Noah/Kabengele

The team should of never signed Patterson. Even more head scratching now. I'm pretty sure after Noah we would be at max roster spots and if they pursued 1 more like Iggy, they would need to cut someone (unless they trade for him).
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:41 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
Yogatti wrote:he won because Kevin Love and Kyrie got hurt. Once he faced a healthy Cavs team, Curry blew a 3-1 lead in the finals, something that has never happened before.

None of my post ever counted the 73 wins against him. I give Curry full credit for 73 win record. I'm saying Curry needed even more help after having the best regular season of all time.

"If your only point was that he didn’t win the Finals that year, the same can be said about every star in the league during various years in their careers. Example: Kawhi didn’t win in 2016 AND he didn’t win 73 games. That’s even worse."

When you win 73-9 you're pretty much expected to win a title. Anything less is a complete failure. If you disagree with that then there's no point in arguing with you.

"That's even worse"

How is that even worse? You just said that the same can be said for every star in this league.

Lol see, you just did it again. You called it a “complete failure” because they went 73-9 in the regular season. I’ll give you an analogy to show you why that’s ridiculous:

2 students take the SAT. Student A gets a perfect score, and student B lands in the 50th percentile. Then the same students take the ACT, and both get 75th percentile. You tryna tell me Student A is less intelligent than student B because of how much he dropped from his SAT score? That’s ridiculous, right?

If that’s not what you’re telling me, why bring up the 73 wins at all? You were trying to criticize Curry and yet you referenced a massive accomplishment to make your point. Even if you don’t care about the RS, then Curry is no different than any other star that lost in the Finals.

So you don't think it's a failure that Curry didn't win a ring after having the best regular season record of all time?

https://www.complex.com/sports/2017/02/michael-jordan-warriors-73-win-season-dont-mean-sht-without-nba-title

During an interview with Gary Payton last spring, Scottie Pippen was asked for his thoughts on the Bulls’ historic 72-10 season back in 1996. He responded by saying that, while the 72-10 record was nice, it wouldn’t have meant much to him and his teammates if the Bulls hadn’t won the title that year. Or in his words: "72 and 10 don’t mean a thing without the ring." It was a motto the Bulls used throughout the 1995-96 season.

"On the collective bargaining agreement, I was on the labor committee and I was in New York having a bunch of dinners with Michael Jordan and other owners," Lacob said. "There were six of us. Actually, Dan was one of them, Dan Gilbert. Anyway, Michael Jordan, people are drinking and having a good time and all that, but there was a moment where he said, you know, '73 don’t mean ****.' He did it, Michael Jordan did that. And I looked right at him, and I just decided not to make a big deal of it. I said, you know, you’re right, we didn’t win it, we had to get better."

Again if that's your opinion then that's fine. There's nothing else I can convince you. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Joe Lacob all think otherwise. In fact I think Steph Curry and Klay Thompson would agree with them as well. I don't remember them talking or bragging about their 73 win regular season ever since they blew a 3-1 lead and lost in the finals to the Cavs.

But then again that's your opinion, not that it matters
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,431

Post#31 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:46 am

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:I can’t see him accepting not playing every game after the Knicks situation. Only way he will get consistent playing time is if Harrell and his jumper are improved enough that he can be the primary backup at PF. With Noah’s passing ability he won’t be forced to stay in the paint and clog it in case of Lou and Harrell pick and roll.

Beverly/Lou/Mann
George/Shamet/Robinson
Zubac/Noah/Kabengele

The team should of never signed Patterson. Even more head scratching now. I'm pretty sure after Noah we would be at max roster spots and if they pursued 1 more like Iggy, they would need to cut someone (unless they trade for him).

Right if by some chance there is a hope later Pat should be cut for a spot. Can keep him on as a shooting coach or something.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,924

Post#32 » by djsunyc » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:47 am

this dude is gonna be partying too much in LA.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:56 am

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:

"That's even worse"

So you don't think it's a failure that Curry didn't win a ring after having the best regular season record of all time?

https://www.complex.com/sports/2017/02/michael-jordan-warriors-73-win-season-dont-mean-sht-without-nba-title

During an interview with Gary Payton last spring, Scottie Pippen was asked for his thoughts on the Bulls’ historic 72-10 season back in 1996. He responded by saying that, while the 72-10 record was nice, it wouldn’t have meant much to him and his teammates if the Bulls hadn’t won the title that year. Or in his words: "72 and 10 don’t mean a thing without the ring." It was a motto the Bulls used throughout the 1995-96 season.

"On the collective bargaining agreement, I was on the labor committee and I was in New York having a bunch of dinners with Michael Jordan and other owners," Lacob said. "There were six of us. Actually, Dan was one of them, Dan Gilbert. Anyway, Michael Jordan, people are drinking and having a good time and all that, but there was a moment where he said, you know, '73 don’t mean ****.' He did it, Michael Jordan did that. And I looked right at him, and I just decided not to make a big deal of it. I said, you know, you’re right, we didn’t win it, we had to get better."

Again if that's your opinion then that's fine. There's nothing else I can convince you. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Joe Lacob all think otherwise. In fact I think Steph Curry and Klay Thompson would agree with them as well. I don't remember them talking or bragging about their 73 win regular season ever since they blew a 3-1 lead and lost in the finals to the Cavs.

But then again that's your opinion, not that it matters

It’s a failure in the same way that any player losing any Championship is a failure. That’s what you’re clearly not getting here. He doesn’t get punished more for having a great regular season, lol.

Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:14 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:It’s a failure in the same way that any player losing any Championship is a failure. That’s what you’re clearly not getting here. He doesn’t get punished more for having a great regular season, lol.

No I get that. So we both agree it was a failure for Curry to win a championship. The difference is you don't think it's a big deal that Curry, after going 73-9 and having the best regular season of all time, didn't follow it up with a championship. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Joe Lacob all said they do think it's a big deal and complete failure. They all said that 73 win record doesn't mean anything without a ring. So yes Curry does get punished more because he set high expectation after winning 73 games.

Seriously you're going to question the Warriors' owner's logic on this subject? Are you saying Joe Lacob, Jordan and Pippen are wrong about this? If so you're the one who doesn't get it :lol:
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:37 am

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:It’s a failure in the same way that any player losing any Championship is a failure. That’s what you’re clearly not getting here. He doesn’t get punished more for having a great regular season, lol.

No I get that. So we both agree it was a failure for Curry to win a championship. The difference is you don't think it's a big deal that Curry, after going 73-9 and having the best regular season of all time, didn't follow it up with a championship. Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Joe Lacob all said they do think it's a big deal and complete failure. They all said that 73 win record doesn't mean anything without a ring. So yes Curry does get punished more because he set high expectation after winning 73 games.

Seriously you're going to question the Warriors' owner's logic on this subject? Are you saying Joe Lacob, Jordan and Pippen are wrong about this? If so you're the one who doesn't get it :lol:

No, because Lacob never said what you’re saying. If somebody brought up 2016 Kawhi, he wouldn’t say “Kawhi is less of a failure because the Spurs won less RS games”. Nobody has that opinion because it’s completely illogical. Not to mention, Kawhi lost in the 2nd round to a team Curry beat. Curry even came back from a 3-1 deficit, which is what you docked him for in the Finals :lol: Double standards 101

Like I said, at worst you put 0 stock in the regular season, in which case ‘16 Curry is just like every other star that lost in the Finals. Idk how else to demonstrate that to you.

Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#36 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:38 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:No, because Lacob never said what you’re saying. If somebody brought up 2016 Kawhi, he wouldn’t say “Kawhi is less of a failure because the Spurs won less RS games”. Nobody has that opinion because it’s completely illogical. Not to mention, Kawhi lost in the 2nd round to a team Curry beat. Curry even came back from a 3-1 deficit, which is what you docked him for in the Finals :lol: Double standards 101

Like I said, at worst you put 0 stock in the regular season, in which case ‘16 Curry is just like every other star that lost in the Finals. Idk how else to demonstrate that to you.

Anyway, Michael Jordan, people are drinking and having a good time and all that, but there was a moment where he said, you know, '73 don’t mean ****.' He did it, Michael Jordan did that. And I looked right at him, and I just decided not to make a big deal of it. I said, you know, you’re right, we didn’t win it, we had to get better."

he did say that
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:42 am

Yogatti wrote:
GeorgeMarcus wrote:No, because Lacob never said what you’re saying. If somebody brought up 2016 Kawhi, he wouldn’t say “Kawhi is less of a failure because the Spurs won less RS games”. Nobody has that opinion because it’s completely illogical. Not to mention, Kawhi lost in the 2nd round to a team Curry beat. Curry even came back from a 3-1 deficit, which is what you docked him for in the Finals :lol: Double standards 101

Anyway, Michael Jordan, people are drinking and having a good time and all that, but there was a moment where he said, you know, '73 don’t mean ****.' He did it, Michael Jordan did that. And I looked right at him, and I just decided not to make a big deal of it. I said, you know, you’re right, we didn’t win it, we had to get better."

he did say that

That’s not even close to what he said. Are you serious? In no way can that even be misinterpreted as the same thing

Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:45 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:That’s not even close to what he said. Are you serious? In no way can that even be misinterpreted as the same thing

Joe Lacob thinks that 73 win doesn't mean anything without a ring. He then says they had to get better after losing in the finals
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by GeorgeMarcus » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:46 am

Yogatti wrote:

he did say that

We’ve come this far, so let me help you out.

“73 don’t mean ****” = regular season doesn’t matter

Now refer back to my previous statement: “Like I said, at worst you put 0 stock in the regular season, in which case ‘16 Curry is just like every other star that lost in the Finals. Idk how else to demonstrate that to you.”

We’re getting close. I believe in you

Yogatti
Bench Warmer

Post#40 » by Yogatti » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:48 am

GeorgeMarcus wrote:
We’ve come this far, so let me help you out.

“73 don’t mean ****” = regular season doesn’t matter

Now refer back to my previous statement: “Like I said, at worst you put 0 stock in the regular season, in which case ‘16 Curry is just like every other star that lost in the Finals. Idk how else to demonstrate that to you.”

We’re getting close. I believe in you

that's not the point of what he said. I see you have terrible reading comprehension, that's why I have to explain something so simple to you :lol: .

Return to The General Board