ImageImageImageImageImage

Rewatchables: Game 7 Raptors vs 76ers

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,532
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Re: Rewatchables: Game 7 Raptors vs 76ers 

Post#21 » by SharoneWright » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:38 am

OakleyDokely wrote:You know what made be really sad? Watching seasons with Rick Brunson and Derrick Martin in the lineup. Watching Chris Childs forget the score. Watching Kevin O'Neill coach basketball. That's really depressing.

Nothing can taint what the Raps accomplished last year. A banner will hang forever.

I will maintain until I die,, he did not forget the score. A lie. He actually decided he could make that shot.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
mdenny
Head Coach
And1: 6,624

Post#22 » by mdenny » Thu Nov 7, 2019 8:15 am

These guys seem like reasonably good commentators....but goddamn if this is not why I'm more emotionally invested in this year's Raps than any year before.

I can't stand the snarky dismissiveness. We HAVE to shove it down everyone's throats this year. And I think we gotta shot.
needbox
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#23 » by needbox » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:31 pm

can't help but stare every time
fbalmeida
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,894

Post#24 » by fbalmeida » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:53 pm

About The Shot: is that Jim Treliving (above the rim and to the right of the shot clock) staring coldly at the ball?

EDIT: Yes it is, just confirmed.

https://www.macleans.ca/kawhi-leonard-toronto-raptors-buzzer-beater-oral-history/
"The Raptors will be fine." - Masai Ujiri, March 26th, 2021
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,204

Post#25 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:32 pm

mdenny wrote:These guys seem like reasonably good commentators....but goddamn if this is not why I'm more emotionally invested in this year's Raps than any year before.

I can't stand the snarky dismissiveness. We HAVE to shove it down everyone's throats this year. And I think we gotta shot.

Hey, someone finally responded to the OP.

It's fun for me just to hear well-known US commentators - whether Cris or Nick or Shannon or SAS or Bill or whoever - say the names of Raptor players and attempt to describe their play. Of course, it's a given that the Sixers - notably not Harris - would be discussed 75% of the time, but that still left 15 minutes for Serge to get his props and Fred and Kyle to get their anti-props. But Simmons did say Kyle would make the HOF someday. The other guys sneered at that, but if the Raptors win 50 this year and Kyle makes the all-star team, he's a shoo-in.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#26 » by daswunderboy » Fri Nov 8, 2019 1:53 am

OakleyDokely wrote:You know what made be really sad? Watching seasons with Rick Brunson and Derrick Martin in the lineup. Watching Chris Childs forget the score. Watching Kevin O'Neill coach basketball. That's really depressing.

Nothing can taint what the Raps accomplished last year. A banner will hang forever.

Damn it, i just scrubbed the O'Neil years out of my mind, now i have to book an appointment with my therapist, Mr Jim Beam.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,418

Post#27 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Nov 8, 2019 2:33 am

Is there a podcast version anywhere?
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Post#28 » by ontnut » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Garrett wrote:
ontnut wrote:Last season with Kawhi was like the girl you lost your virginity to. It was short lived, and a little awkward, but man was it ever exciting.
I will always look back on it with fondness.

I had sex for 12 hours straight when I lost my virginity.

Return to Toronto Raptors