Post#21 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:56 am

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
BoatsNZones
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,291

Re: Ruggs involved in fatal car accident 

Post#22 » by BoatsNZones » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:36 pm

He was driving 156 and not even on the freeway! In Nevada there is no probation option for this crime even if he were not speeding. Just unbelievable.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,513

Post#23 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:38 pm

BoatsNZones wrote:He was driving 156 and not even on the freeway! In Nevada there is no probation option for this crime even if he were not speeding. Just unbelievable.

Read on Twitter

I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars. **** this guy.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 27,642

Post#24 » by azcatz11 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:03 pm

This just goes back to my point - his bail is set at only $150K. That's ridiculous.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#25 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Nov 3, 2021 5:41 pm

Wow, looks like Prison time. Just sad situation all around. The Death of that woman is Tragic
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Post#26 » by Duke4life831 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:34 pm

Driving 156 mph while over twice the legal blood alcohol limit.

Screw this guy. Like I said before, I hope they throw the book at him. You decide to drive drunk and drive at 156 mph and you take someone's life. You deserve as harsh of a punishment as there is.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,223

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Nov 3, 2021 9:22 pm

geez :(
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#28 » by azcatz11 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 12:13 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Driving 156 mph while over twice the legal blood alcohol limit.

Screw this guy. Like I said before, I hope they throw the book at him. You decide to drive drunk and drive at 156 mph and you take someone's life. You deserve as harsh of a punishment as there is.

Totally - and it appears she was literally burned alive. Imagine what her family is thinking. The horror of her suffering like that.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#29 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 4, 2021 12:41 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,078

Post#30 » by Pharmcat » Thu Nov 4, 2021 2:45 am

Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

did you read the reports? she burned to death, survived the impact but was pinned inside and bystanders couldnt get her out. What a horrible way to go :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: This guy needs to do max time
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#31 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:20 am

Pharmcat wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

did you read the reports? she burned to death, survived the impact but was pinned inside and bystanders couldnt get her out. What a horrible way to go :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: This guy needs to do max time

Yea it’s pretty freaking terrible. Her dog died with her in the car too.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#32 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:48 pm

Awful imagine sitting in your car with your dog and some drunk dude plows into you at 150mph. Worst nightmare for a parent.

The only thing is that is keeps me from wanting Ruggs to do life is knowing that he is very young (only 22 yo) and has new found money and fame and I'm sure he was just up late celebrating himself and wanted to have fun with his Vette. Foolish and costly mistake but that is something that young people do regularly. I guess that is why the system has a 20 year max on this.

It just sucks for everyone...all involved.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#33 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Awful imagine sitting in your car with your dog and some drunk dude plows into you at 150mph. Worst nightmare for a parent.

The only thing is that is keeps me from wanting Ruggs to do life is knowing that he is very young (only 22 yo) and has new found money and fame and I'm sure he was just up late celebrating himself and wanted to have fun with his Vette. Foolish and costly mistake but that is something that young people do regularly. I guess that is why the system has a 20 year max on this.

Driving at that speed? No, it's not. He's lucky more people weren't involved & we're seriously injured or killed.

What he did is beyond reckless. I don't care how young or dumb he is. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#34 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Awful imagine sitting in your car with your dog and some drunk dude plows into you at 150mph. Worst nightmare for a parent.

Driving at that speed? No it's not. He's lucky more people weren't involved.

I don't care how young he is. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.

Give every 22 yo millions of dollars and a new Vette and send them to Vegas, see what happens.

Listen I can completely understand wanting Ruggs to do life or even be given the death penalty, I get it. And I absolutely believe that he deserves many years in prison to ponder his drunken mistake. But it was a mistake and not premeditated, and I think people need to keep that in mind. He was out to have fun, he was not out to kill someone. That is important here.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#35 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Driving at that speed? No it's not. He's lucky more people weren't involved.

Give every 22 yo millions of dollars and a new Vette and send them to Vegas, see what happens.

Listen I can completely understand wanting Ruggs to do life or even be given the death penalty, I get it. And I absolutely believe that he deserves many years in prison to ponder his drunken mistake. But it was a mistake and not premeditated, and I think people need to keep that in mind. He was out to have fun, he was not out to kill someone. That is important here.

Awful take.

It still doesn't justify his actions.

Look, I'd be lying if I said that I've never gotten behind the wheel while under the influence. I've made that mistake in my early 20's as well. But I've never been that reckless. As far as speeding.

Today, I simply don't drink & drive. Because I know just how irresponsible an act it is.

Ruggs made a regrettable decision. But it's one he should live with the rest of his life. Behind bars.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#36 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 4, 2021 6:07 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Driving at that speed? No it's not. He's lucky more people weren't involved.

Awful take.

It still doesn't justify his actions.

Look, I'd be lying if I said that I've never gotten behind the wheel while under the influence. I've made that mistake in my early 20's as well. But I've never been that reckless. As far as speeding.

Today, I simply don't drink & drive. Because I know just how irresponsible an act it is.

Ruggs made a regrettable decision. But it's one he should live with the rest of his life. Behind bars.

If you think I was trying to justify his actions then you did not understand my take.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,134

Post#37 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:07 pm

I dont buy the whole

"Give every 22 yo millions of dollars and a new Vette and send them to Vegas, see what happens."

This is the same as the Kadarius Toney tweet that people have absolutely (rightfully so) blasted him over.

Ive been drunk in Vegas, Ive also been drunk in Vegas with access to a car that can go fast. You didnt see me deciding to get drunk and get behind the wheel and go fast.

You dont need to be rich or in Vegas to have the option to get drunk and drive fast in a car. Id say a huge chunk of people have had the option to drive drunk at some point in their life. A good portion of them have always made the right decision and never done it. You also have the chunk of people that drove drunk and when they did it, they tried their best to not drive recklessly. What I mean by this is they know they're drunk and dont want to get a DUI so they try their best to go the speed limit and drive safe. But they're still drunk and its still reckless and a dumb decision. The vast majority of people dont decide to get drunk then on top of that, drive unbelievably reckless in a city.

Again you dont need to be a millionaire to have the opportunity come about to drive drunk and drive a car that can go fast. This isn't a famous athlete cheating on his wife situation, where us normal people could never comprehend the amount of temptation a young rich famous celebrity gets on a daily basis. The vast majority of people have had the choice to drive drunk or not. The vast majority of people dont decide to drive drunk and go 100+ mph.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#38 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:41 pm

I too believe he should get prison time. How much? Well now, that is the question. Life in Prison? No. But waaay more than what we do here in LA. Manslaughter, few months and a slap on the wrist.
So I think there's middle ground in there. Complete with heavy financial restitution.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#39 » by azcatz11 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:52 pm

He should be sitting in jail right now. The fact that the bond was so low is a huge insult to the family of the victim. Ruggs is sitting at his house right now with his family and the victims' family will never see their daughter again. That's not right.

I'm all for life in this case but if he gets 20 years that would be great also.

The Toney tweet was really something else also...this was not a mistake. It's just a shame Ruggs isn't the one who was killed and that poor girl was
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#40 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Nov 4, 2021 8:55 pm

I think the max 20 years is reasonable and I do understand why that is the ceiling for this offense. He should be punished heavy but at that same time it is unfair to treat him the same as a serial killer. There is a difference between manslaughter and murder.

^^^ Ruggs lost his best friend to a car accident at age 17 and he blamed himself.

Return to The General NFL Board