ImageImage

The MVP Race

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,904

Re: The MVP Race 

Post#21 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:00 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Rodgers is making throws no one on the planet can make right now.

And he's got the production behind it.

2ints over the last 14-15 games is insane.

His in completion % is near 70% but even his Incompletions have been some incredible throws.

If he had a better hands group there would have been more crazy highlights.

Every week he's making jaw dropping throws. His accuracy is next level.

I do think he's the MVP.

They have the 3rd-fewest drops in the entire league. They're also making some great catches and are 3rd-best in yards after the catch. I would argue that he's never had more help from his receivers and the scheme. His accuracy is also probably below his normal standards. He has made some great throws, as always, but to my eyes has also missed more than he normally does. He deserves to be MVP and IMO is probably the best QB ever, but this isn't even close to being his best individual season in my book. I give a lot of credit to the supporting cast and coaching staff, and because of them I think they've been able to play more conservatively than usual, which keeps his interceptions even lower than usual.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,281

Re: The MVP Race 

Post#22 » by LUKE23 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:33 pm

Last year was definitely his best year, most TD's, highest completion %, 9.6/1 TD/INT ratio, 9.1 TD%, and 8.2 Y/A.

To me, besides last year and 2011, this is his best year. He's had to deal with by far the most offensive line injuries of his career, and is still at 9.25 TD/INT ratio, 68.9% completion, 7.7 Y/A, 111.9 rating.

Return to Green Bay Packers