Kyrie Irving: Load Management Narrative Has 'Dehumanized Some Of Us', 'This Is A 24/7 Job'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 49,632

Re: Kyrie Irving: Load Management Narrative Has 'Dehumanized Some Of Us', 'This Is A 24/7 Job' 

Post#22 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:34 am

baldur wrote:Start the league early October and eliminate all the back to backs and give them no excuse to do load management.

Raps started the season with 16 games in 29 days and after that 6 guys were injured. Its stupid.
boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Re: Kyrie Irving: Load Management Narrative Has 'Dehumanized Some Of Us', 'This Is A 24/7 Job' 

Post#23 » by boston_fan_ct » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:39 pm

Coming for KYrie this sounds like an out of touch privileged spoiled jerk who thinks the world is against him. I won't say that there are not good reasons for resting players but if you ask me they should be out their entertaining the fans all 82 games and do what they need to outside of the game to be prepared. They have that obligation to the fans.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#24 » by br7knicks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:17 pm

you get millions to play a game
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#25 » by br7knicks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:19 pm

WRau1 wrote:
KootenayRapFan wrote:I wonder how a guy working a construction job would feel about this making what? 20$/hr with no benefits...cant work no pay....these guys have lost all perspective of reality. These guys sign a contract that will pay them regardless most of the world doesnt work this way. Its hard for most of us to relate to this

You can walk in off the street with 0 experience and get a job in construction. Normal comparisons don't exist here.

your comparison is incredibly irrelevant, and moot, to what he is saying. his comparison at least adheres to what the article, and irving, are talking about.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Beam Me Up Foxy
Lead Assistant
And1: 657

Post#26 » by Beam Me Up Foxy » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:48 pm

puja21 wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:Woe is me.

18/20 of the greatest players of all time never had load management.

Cry me a river.

and made way WAY less money (even inflation adjusted)

Meanwhile the rest of the world has seen wages stagnate despite inflation, and a decrease in both lifespan and standard of living

More pro athletes are blindly living in a self-absorbed bubble more than ever

Easy solution. Stop spending your hard earned cash on people who shoot a ball through a middle circle. Stop spending your precious time watching these same people mock and ridicule you through their warped understanding of reality. Prepare yourselves for the future. Develop life skills. Skills that will benefit you and others. Acquire resources and assets thar can sustain you. Develop actual (not online) social networks of like-minded people around you. Start to live life and stop narcotizing your semi-charmrd life away by vicariously living it through these people by following them. Find the joy that life has to offer, not some pseudo-entertainment distraction.
Dangit
Starter
And1: 2,006

Post#27 » by Dangit » Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:39 pm

stlboy wrote:You so call basketball fans are ridiculous, you have no idea what these players put their bodies through during a season and offseason. If you have a problem with players sitting due to injuries then take it up with the owners, Gms, and coaches. How do you have the audacity to compare the working public to professional athletes? These guys beat the odds to make it to the professional level, hell majority of you all don’t know what it takes to make it to the high school level. All you guys do is complain about how much athletes make, but never complain about how much the owners make when players are sitting.

Dear lord....
Postby YouthMovement on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm

im 19 and i can say paul pierce ruined my childhood
Risk Addict
Analyst
And1: 240

Post#28 » by Risk Addict » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:00 pm

If I Was a multi millionaire and didn’t have to work, I would work out all day and play basketball in my 20s and 30s. Kyrie and NBA players in general are getting paid millions to do what many of us browsing these forums would do for free if we had the resources. Sucks that he thinks his hobby is such unbearable work, but I don’t think many people are going to feel bad for him here.

Also you get 5 months off each year. You can spend that time working on your game if you choose, as an investment in your next contract… but many players don’t. And in the NBA once you sign a contract teams can’t really do anything to recoup that money even if you don’t do anything but play COD all summer
DimesandKnicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,677

Post#29 » by DimesandKnicks » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:02 pm

Risk Addict wrote:If I Was a multi millionaire and didn’t have to work, I would work out all day and play basketball in my 20s and 30s. Kyrie and NBA players in general are getting paid millions to do what many of us browsing these forums would do for free if we had the resources. Sucks that he thinks his hobby is such unbearable work, but I don’t think many people are going to feel bad for him here.

Also you get 5 months off each year. You can spend that time working on your game if you choose, as an investment in your next contract… but many players don’t. And in the NBA once you sign a contract teams can’t really do anything to recoup that money even if you don’t do anything but play COD all summer

It really amazes me how so many basketball fans still don’t see what these athletes do as work. They work harder than most of us do.
haveitall
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#30 » by haveitall » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:31 pm

Risk Addict wrote:If I Was a multi millionaire and didn’t have to work, I would work out all day and play basketball in my 20s and 30s. Kyrie and NBA players in general are getting paid millions to do what many of us browsing these forums would do for free if we had the resources. Sucks that he thinks his hobby is such unbearable work, but I don’t think many people are going to feel bad for him here.

It stops being a hobby when it becomes competitive. It stops being easy when it becomes professional and it gets even harder to be a star. Sorry disagree here. Star NBA players have the whole nba going at them. They also are expected to be better than everyone else. Thats where all the little things matter. Every ache every sprain makes it harder. I know these guys are rich and all but he use the word combative which is true. Many nba players retired from injuries' early some of which may have seemed minor.
saltybs
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#31 » by saltybs » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:04 pm

Kyrie lives on Planet Main Character Syndrome where he thinks his job is unique in its 24/7 demands. He should get out more, talk to some real people. Go talk to the working family living paycheck to paycheck on what its like to wake up on a Tuesday at 6am with two screaming kids who are sick and therefore can't go to daycare that day so Mom (or Dad) has to stay home aka not go to work aka not make their paycheck and maybe lose their job. It's all 24/7 for families like this, except instead of going to bed at night in a $5m house with an private chef to soothe those "aches and pains" of playing basketball for a living, they lie in bed at night knowing they're just a few mad luck moments from all their security in the world crumbling around them.

But hey, turning on the TV and watching a little professional basketball is a nice escape, for a moment. Oh no... my favorite player isn't playing today because their knee is sore and they don't want to play unless they're feeling 110% because it's a contract year oh no poor fella...

Kyrie is such an egomaniac.
keepitrealhomes
Sophomore
And1: 141

Post#33 » by keepitrealhomes » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:52 pm

flagstaff wrote:24/7 my ass.

That’s a long time for kyrie to be in your ass
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,352

Post#34 » by Slim Charless » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:20 pm

Medbrat wrote:
Slim Charless wrote::lol:

Kyrie gonna Kyrie. Have fun Mavs. As a Suns fan, I'm looking forward to how "Kyrie-isms" and his general day to day attitude help you going forward.....see you in the playoffs. Maybe.

Do you think there's a chance the Mavs drop to 7th and lose in the playins? Lmao

Yes, I do. Though I think ultimately they lose in the 1st round. Hopefully Phx is given the chance at a rematch.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,145

Post#35 » by WRau1 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:17 pm

br7knicks wrote:
WRau1 wrote:
KootenayRapFan wrote:I wonder how a guy working a construction job would feel about this making what? 20$/hr with no benefits...cant work no pay....these guys have lost all perspective of reality. These guys sign a contract that will pay them regardless most of the world doesnt work this way. Its hard for most of us to relate to this

You can walk in off the street with 0 experience and get a job in construction. Normal comparisons don't exist here.

your comparison is incredibly irrelevant, and moot, to what he is saying. his comparison at least adheres to what the article, and irving, are talking about.

bull. Also, your opinion based off of previous Net Knick topics are completely irrelevant. Kindly, **** off.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Medbrat
Senior
And1: 778

Post#36 » by Medbrat » Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:44 am

Slim Charless wrote:
Medbrat wrote:
Slim Charless wrote::lol:

Kyrie gonna Kyrie. Have fun Mavs. As a Suns fan, I'm looking forward to how "Kyrie-isms" and his general day to day attitude help you going forward.....see you in the playoffs. Maybe.

Do you think there's a chance the Mavs drop to 7th and lose in the playins? Lmao

Yes, I do. Though I think ultimately they lose in the 1st round. Hopefully Phx is given the chance at a rematch.

They've got the easiest schedule in the league at .466 and all of their guys are coming back from injuries this week. Unless both Luka and Krazy get injured for a month I see no scenario how Pelicans or lowly Wolves can overtake them.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 207

Post#37 » by puja21 » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:46 pm

Beam Me Up Foxy wrote:
puja21 wrote:
Phreak50 wrote:Woe is me.

18/20 of the greatest players of all time never had load management.

Cry me a river.

and made way WAY less money (even inflation adjusted)

Meanwhile the rest of the world has seen wages stagnate despite inflation, and a decrease in both lifespan and standard of living

More pro athletes are blindly living in a self-absorbed bubble more than ever

Easy solution. Stop spending your hard earned cash on people who shoot a ball through a middle circle. Stop spending your precious time watching these same people mock and ridicule you through their warped understanding of reality. Prepare yourselves for the future. Develop life skills. Skills that will benefit you and others. Acquire resources and assets thar can sustain you. Develop actual (not online) social networks of like-minded people around you. Start to live life and stop narcotizing your semi-charmrd life away by vicariously living it through these people by following them. Find the joy that life has to offer, not some pseudo-entertainment distraction.

:: Chuckle ::

Relax, preacher, it was merely an observation about the severe/growing wage gaps across, not just the US, but most of Western Civ

I'm even not certain who you're addressing, but this reads condescending no matter the audience. My comment wasn't a complaint that I don't enjoy basketball or am vicariously living through anyone (sheesh, my man). Perhaps you should adjust your perceptions about your fellow realgm users -- plenty (besides you) are living full/meaningful lives, my dude.

It's worth noting, but not that serious when someone like Irving, a one-percenter (even *within* the NBA's 600 players) -- both in earnings and in having a rotten ego/personality -- can't understand how misaligned his views are from the common man's experience. Many NBA players are thrilled to have the opportunity to be in the league both for the experience and the generational wealth. Irving is loud but he's in the minority & has earned the criticism heaped on him. The economic shift goes far beyond entertainment dollars and there's nothing personal prep will do to fix the the past ~15 years of diverting classes.

I can and do think both of these things

1. Kyrie and those like him are self-absorbed, ignorant, naïve, delusional etc...

2. Following the NBA is one of the great entertainment options out there.

Maybe ask yourself:
If you really believe the things you wrote about the Association, then why are you on a message board reading and commenting about it ?

Return to Wiretap Discussion