Lakers significantly interested in Bruce Brown

Moderators: cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77

dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,126

Re: Lakers significantly interested in Bruce Brown 

Post#21 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:53 am

Any good agent will make sure to attach their clients name to a lakers rumor.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,703

Post#22 » by MadNESS » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:58 am

As long as we retain everyone else I’m good with it.

DLo / Dennis / JHS
Reaves / Brown
Vandy /
Bron / Rui
AD / Bamba
LAKESHOW
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,960

Post#23 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:59 am

Are they going to have over the MLE to offer him?

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,225

Post#24 » by OxAndFox » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:02 am

Can't see this happening at all. You don't come out and say I want to return to Denver, then join the team you beat in the WCF.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 25,278

Post#25 » by cupcakesnake » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:32 am

Bruce Brown is really **** good. Every team should want him.

He's one of the most versatile guards in the league and he's super tough. There were quite a few playoff moments where Bruce Brown was just sticking daggers in the opponent. Other moments where he gets posted by Lebron, Jimmy, Durant and he's like: bring it. **** love Bruce Brown. He's the **** man.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,706

Post#26 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:38 am

zimpy27 wrote:Yep, he is the best fit.

Reaves, Brown, LeBron, Rui, Davis

Yup he would be a great fit, especially considering he’s around the same age as our roster. With that said I think a capspace team will end up offering even more than the MLE and can see him getting $15-$18 mil per on a different team next season.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,096

Post#27 » by sogood » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:39 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:Significant offer? what like $5 whole dollars? what money are they using lol

lmao way to show you have no clue what you're talking about.

Lakers can offer the full MLE if they decline Bamba and Beasley options.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach

Post#28 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:47 am

sogood wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:Significant offer? what like $5 whole dollars? what money are they using lol

Ya we’ll find out tomorrow if we will be an MLE team or TPMLE team depending on if we decline both Beasley and Bamba’s options. If we do we should still be able to keep Reaves, Rui and D’Lo and have the MLE and BAE plus vet mins as long as we stay below the apron of $171 mil.

Based on projections it should fit but knowing the NBA curveballs are thrown so we’ll have to wait and see how each contract adds up.
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,610

Post#29 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:55 am

sogood wrote:

Again as i stated before...who cares if the Lakers can offer 12 million....other teams can offer significantly more or if its not about money he resigns with the defending champions...logically the lakers make no sense 12 million means nothing to Brown if he can make 20+ elsewhere or win titles with DEN
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,596

Post#30 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:57 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:

Yup he would be a great fit, especially considering he’s around the same age as our roster. With that said I think a capspace team will end up offering even more than the MLE and can see him getting $15-$18 mil per on a different team next season.

Lakers can offer that as a capspace team.

Brown, Reaves, LeBron, Rui, Davis
JHS, Christie, Vando, Lewis, Room
5 VetMin deals
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,596

Post#31 » by zimpy27 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:01 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
sogood wrote:

Again as i stated before...who cares if the Lakers can offer 12 million....other teams can offer significantly more or if its not about money he resigns with the defending champions...logically the lakers make no sense 12 million means nothing to Brown if he can make 20+ elsewhere or win titles with DEN

$30m/4 with Denver
$50m/4 with MLE

Earning $20m more with a team that has as good of a shot at a title as Denver is a lot
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
ChiTownHero1992
Veteran
And1: 1,610

Post#32 » by ChiTownHero1992 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:05 am

zimpy27 wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
sogood wrote:

$30m/4 with Denver
$50m/4 with MLE

Earning $20m more with a team that has as good of a shot at a title as Denver is a lot

I'll agree to disagree on the bolded sorry just dont buy it...
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:09 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:

Lakers can offer that as a capspace team.

Brown, Reaves, LeBron, Rui, Davis
JHS, Christie, Vando, Lewis, Room
5 VetMin deals

Yes, Lakers technically can be a cap space team and free up about $14-$15 million dollars but they would have to waive D’Angelo’s cap hold along with Beasley and Bamba’s. I wonder if $14-$15 mil in cap space will be enough for Bruce?

Would the room exception be enough to bring back Dennis? Plumlee? If that’s the case Lakers must trust Reaves to play more point as our roster would look like:

Reaves/Hood-Schifino
Bruce/Christie
Lebron/Lewis
Rui/Vanderbilt
AD/Plumlee
CIN-C-STAR
General Manager
And1: 16,616

Post#34 » by CIN-C-STAR » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:45 am

ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:

$30m/4 with Denver
$50m/4 with MLE

I'll agree to disagree on the bolded sorry just dont buy it...

Yeah trying to figure out the logic in claiming you have as good of a shot at the title as the team that just swept you like...
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
durden_tyler
RealGM
And1: 7,612

Post#35 » by durden_tyler » Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:47 am

LA could use some toughness yeah he can fit. Can they afford him though without losing key pieces...
If there is no basketball in heaven, i am not going.
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:55 am

zimpy27 wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:
sogood wrote:

$30m/4 with Denver
$50m/4 with MLE

I looked it up and the 4 yr MLE is $53.3 mil. Pretty significant difference between deals. Maybe there is more to this report then I initially thought whether it's the Full MLE route or even cap space route
BelgradeNugget
Veteran
And1: 3,114

Post#37 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:21 am

Up-And-Coming wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
ChiTownHero1992 wrote:

$30m/4 with Denver
$50m/4 with MLE

I looked it up and the 4 yr MLE is $53.3 mil. Pretty significant difference between deals. Maybe there is more to this report then I initially thought whether it's the Full MLE route or even cap space route

If he stays in Denver he will sign $7.8m one-year deal, and then resign next year with early Bird rights for something like $60m/4. His next contract with Denver beats MLE signed now, and if he resigns with us it will mean he stays for longer than 1 year. The only way to beat that IMO is if some team under the cap offers more than MLE (around $20m).
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,960

Post#38 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:24 am

He's probably going to get around $15m somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
MagicMamba88
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,341

Post#39 » by MagicMamba88 » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:32 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,504

Post#40 » by levon » Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:40 am

BelgradeNugget wrote:
Up-And-Coming wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
$30m/4 with Denver
$50m/4 with MLE

If he stays in Denver he will sign $7.8m one-year deal, and then resign next year with early Bird rights for something like $60m/4. His next contract with Denver beats MLE signed now, and if he resigns with us it will mean he stays for longer than 1 year. The only way to beat that IMO is if some team under the cap offers more than MLE (around $20m).

Eh, I expect Bruce Brown to re-up, but this is a strange way to look at it.

If we take your numbers, the Nuggets deal is 68 million over 5 years where 60 million of it aren't guaranteed. The Lakers route would be 53 million over 4 years guaranteed, with the 5th year being an non-guaranteed, unknown number. But one would expect that if he's still a good player he'll get at least a slight raise at 15 million.

So the money is actually very comparable, but this hypothetical Lakers offer provides the much stronger guarantee. Let's not pretend that if Brown's shooting regresses or he suffers an ACL injury or something that the Nuggets are beholden to pay him anything after this year. It's a business.

Return to The General Board