Who wants Dennis Schroder?

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, BullyKing, MoneyTalks41890, Trader_Joe

DrModesty
Senior
And1: 602

Re: Who wants Dennis Schroder? 

Post#21 » by DrModesty » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:33 am

BDM22 wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:We're absolutely not including Jaquez in a trade for Siakam.

:roll:

I’m sorry but Jaquez is not in the same league as Siakam. This is either a troll or emotional hyper fanboy talk.

Jaquez is a very good supporting player.
Siakam is borderline All NBA.

You can be against this particular trade, but don’t pretend that Jaquez is somehow untradeable for Siakam.

Siakam is a lot better than Jaquez is now for sure, but the ratio of player-to-contract is skewed ridiculously far in the other direction. Siakam is a HUGE flight risk and is set to make more than 10X what JJJ will make for the next 4 years. For a contending team especially, that is a massive difference. So yeah, I do think JJJ is untradeable for Siakam in these circumstances.

There is also a fit issue where Butler, Siakam and Bam all struggle from 3/shoot at very low volume.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,208

Post#22 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:00 am

esvl wrote:Memphis clearly needs a pg backup more solid than Rose.

What about

Poeltl
Shroder

for

Adams
Kennard
Konchar/Roddy?

Bad direction for Toronto. Kennard is a good spot up shooter but he's 28 years old and does Toronto really value him? The plan is to give San Antonio a pick this year and tank next year for Flagg or Bailey or Harper. They are all look like solid prospects where Flagg looks like he might be a future star. Adams to me could be bad salary with his repaired knee next year. I know it's a smaller cap hit at $13ish million but still he could just be a guy who wants out and honestly I don't see a massive market for him unless a team wants him as backup or split starter with whatever C they have currently. Konchar and Roddy aren't much either they are the definition of a JAG.I think there might be a slightly bigger market for Poeltl like you could get a potentially later first round pick and a recent first round pick that is a redemption project. I don't know if Dallas is still a market for him like Josh Green and Holmes + Toronto's 2026 second and a top 10 Dallas 1st for Poeltl and their choice of McDaniels or Thad or Porter their choice. That might be a bit too rich for Poeltl but I think Toronto is trading 2 of the best 3 players
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
twolves31
Junior
And1: 256

Post#23 » by twolves31 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 am

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Don’t think there’s much value to be had. If it’s equal money, you probably get the value for eating bad salary back?

Like I think Minnesota could do Slomo for Dennis and a third team should give up a couple 2nds for Anderson? Include Milton for a vet min from the third team to keep Minn under the tax?

Does Shake for Dennis allow Minny room under the tax still? If so, add a couple 2nds.

I like it for Minnesota, but I doubt Shroeder would be happy here playing maybe 15 minutes per game.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,723

Post#24 » by NCHeels2008 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:06 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:I'd love him in Miami but I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give for Schroeder...

Salaries make it tough to trade for just Schroder, but Miami could try and make a potential blockbuster move with Schroder + Siakam

Something like:

Schroder + Siakam
for
Herro, Robinson, Jaquez

Schroder can take over from Lowry. A Butler/Siakam/Adebayo front court is probably the best in the league.

Not a fan of this, RJ is making anywhere from $24-$30 million a year add in Herro and Robinson's deals it's hard to build the rest of the team when Barnes' max kicks in and we have to pay Quickley as well. Toronto probably doesn't have much left to do anything and has 3 negative defenders in Gradey Dick, Robinson and Herro. I get they are good shooters but Quickley/Herro/RJ/Barnes/Poeltl isn't a great starting lineup especially considering the bench is bad. You don't have a backup point, and a bunch of forwards like Gradey/Trent Jr/Otto Porter/Thad/Robinson/Jaquez/Boucher/McDaniels and Jontay Porter. A lot of those guys aren't good and I think Thad/Otto Porter and Boucher are probably on their way out.

Miami wouldn't include Jaquez either because Riley raves about him and loves him. If they were to do the deal they would include Jovic instead or some sort of small draft comp

I'd take the deal as TOR just to get Jaime, you can always redirect Herro and recapture value
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,832

Post#25 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:01 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:

I’m sorry but Jaquez is not in the same league as Siakam. This is either a troll or emotional hyper fanboy talk.

You can be against this particular trade, but don’t pretend that Jaquez is somehow untradeable for Siakam.

If Siakam was locked up on a reasonable contract you'd have a point. As is, no, not at all. Jacquez is a player we love and have a lot of faith in. I don't see is dealing him for anything less than an all NBA player, not a borderline guy who can walk out after this year.

Pass.

Siakam is literally a recent All NBA player (2x).

You are a Troll.

That’s enough of that.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 6,157

Post#26 » by jayjaysee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:38 pm

twolves31 wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:Don’t think there’s much value to be had. If it’s equal money, you probably get the value for eating bad salary back?

Like I think Minnesota could do Slomo for Dennis and a third team should give up a couple 2nds for Anderson? Include Milton for a vet min from the third team to keep Minn under the tax?

Does Shake for Dennis allow Minny room under the tax still? If so, add a couple 2nds.

I like it for Minnesota, but I doubt Shroeder would be happy here playing maybe 15 minutes per game.

I think there’s more regular season minutes than that for him.

As some point, the team really should drop Conley’s minutes down to keep him ready for a deep playoff run. Let him sit some games, etc. he’s one of my favorite players ever but yeah, he an old man.

Dennis would average 24-28mpg the next couple months IMO. Then the postseason, yeah. That 14-18mpg behind Conley.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 20,400

Post#27 » by nate33 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:43 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
Raptors Realtor wrote:
I personally prefer Schroeder to Milton.

Could NOP make sense? They’re a playin/playoff team right now, and Zions health is a long term question mark.

I think Schroder can be a great 6th man for them, and even play 30MPG level minutes.

Would they be open to trading Dyson Daniels + filler (KLewis) for Schroder? Daniels is like 2 years away and this makes sense if NOP wants a guard who can guarantee them more wins now.

There’s no chance NOP trades Dyson for Dennis. I doubt you can get a late 1st. Dennis is what he is. His assists are up which is promising but the team isn’t very good so not sure how much to bump him up on that alone.

Daniels is definitely worth more than Schroeder.

If New Orleans would consider trading Daniels, my Wizards would offer Tyus Jones and take back Kira's contract.
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,699

Post#28 » by Wolveswin » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:49 pm

To Pacers: Schroeder + Anderson + Moore Jr + 24 Griz 2nd (via Wolves)

To Raps: Buddy + Pacers Filler

To Wolves: Nembhard + Thad
shrink
RealGM
And1: 16,433

Post#29 » by shrink » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:32 pm

MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Here’s MIN’s situation, simplified:

Kyle Anderson $9.2
Shake Milton. $5/$5 (team option)
Troy Brown Jr. $4/$4 (team option)

If MIN does a 2-for-1, they need to add a salary to meet roster minimums. MIN is $2.1 mil under the lux, but Mike Conley has a $1.5 mil unlikely bonus if the team reaches the NBA Finals.

Schroeder $12.4/$13.0

————-

So in this case, Anderson + Milton probably works financially, Anderson + Brown Jr “probably” works, adding a pro-rated vet min deal. It works better the longer they wait. The $13 mil next year is both a blessing (to have a PG under contract) and a curse ($13 mil might be reasonable, but it also might push MIN over the second apron). I’m personally not a fan of Schroeder, and I am a little concerned about chemistry with a reduced role, but it’s a reasonable swap, with SloMo going to a contender for a little value.
esvl
Sixth Man
And1: 440

Post#30 » by esvl » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:34 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:

What about

Poeltl
Shroder

for

Adams
Kennard
Konchar/Roddy?

Bad direction for Toronto. Kennard is a good spot up shooter but he's 28 years old and does Toronto really value him? The plan is to give San Antonio a pick this year and tank next year for Flagg or Bailey or Harper. They are all look like solid prospects where Flagg looks like he might be a future star. Adams to me could be bad salary with his repaired knee next year. I know it's a smaller cap hit at $13ish million but still he could just be a guy who wants out and honestly I don't see a massive market for him unless a team wants him as backup or split starter with whatever C they have currently. Konchar and Roddy aren't much either they are the definition of a JAG.I think there might be a slightly bigger market for Poeltl like you could get a potentially later first round pick and a recent first round pick that is a redemption project. I don't know if Dallas is still a market for him like Josh Green and Holmes + Toronto's 2026 second and a top 10 Dallas 1st for Poeltl and their choice of McDaniels or Thad or Porter their choice. That might be a bit too rich for Poeltl but I think Toronto is trading 2 of the best 3 players

If Dallas offers Josh Green, it would be hard to beat. But it would open for Memphis other opportunities: Vuc, Capela, Richards, Gafford, Carter, Goga.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,759

Post#31 » by Ell Curry » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:43 pm

What about

Poeltl
Shroder

for

Adams
Kennard
Konchar/Roddy?

Toronto needs draft capital for this to make sense. There's just nothing enticing about any of that return. I do think that Memphis and Toronto are logical trade partners because Poeltl and Siakam, and to a lesser extent even Barrett and Schroeder fit Memphis okay.

I sort of think Masai will go back to sitting and waiting, maybe re-sign everyone. The team is fairly balanced now. Nothing special, but we're younger and players are in more logical roles:

Poeltl-Boucher-Koloko
Siakam-Boucher/OPJ
Barnes-RJ
Trent-Dick
Quickley-Schroeder

and looking at that you'd expect us to grab a big man at #31 since our only young guy there is Koloko, though he seems to be on the road to coming back from his respiratory issues.

Barrett is overpaid, though not massively so for a 6th man, who you'd want to be at around 20M instead of his 25-29M going forward, though the cap going up will sort of halve that gap.

Maybe OPJ gets traded to a contender if we can get a 2nd rounder, like OPJ for Korkmaz and a 2nd rounder sort of thing if they do something like a first rounder, Morris, Batum and Covington for Lavine and need some big man depth that can shoot.
Where's the D?
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 6,157

Post#32 » by jayjaysee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:44 pm

esvl wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:I don't know if Dallas is still a market for him like Josh Green and Holmes + Toronto's 2026 second and a top 10 Dallas 1st for Poeltl and their choice of McDaniels or Thad or Porter their choice. That might be a bit too rich for Poeltl but I think Toronto is trading 2 of the best 3 players

If Dallas offers Josh Green, it would be hard to beat. But it would open for Memphis other opportunities: Vuc, Capela, Richards, Gafford, Carter, Goga.

Yeah, Dallas can’t lock themselves into this group (by trading that first) for Poeltl. Not with Lively not looking lost.

There’s an opportunity for a really big move this offseason if Dallas sits still, 3 firsts available to be traded and can aggregate a lot of expiring salary, some low end prospects/2nds, etc..

Also not sure it’s smart for Dallas to go over the tax this season just for Poeltl? But that’s at least a conversation, the pick shouldn’t be.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 16,433

Post#33 » by shrink » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:04 pm

Schröeder yesterday after the loss to Detroit

Read on Twitter

I feel like since the Raptors just brought in a PG to likely start in front of him and a scoring guard, Schröeder will be even more frustrated, and TOR will try to move him “quickly.”
kds92
Pro Prospect
And1: 714

Post#34 » by kds92 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:59 pm

The simple trade is sending him to the Lakers for Vincent and a couple 2nds. Don't think he'll get more than that.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:44 pm

kds92 wrote:The simple trade is sending him to the Lakers for Vincent and a couple 2nds. Don't think he'll get more than that.

So Toronto is downgrading in talent and paying a extra $11 million just to get the 50th plus pick in this draft and another late second. I mean can we trade Barnes and Quickley for Russell while we are at it?
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 15,416

Post#36 » by babyjax13 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:53 pm

shrink wrote:
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:

Here’s MIN’s situation, simplified:

Kyle Anderson $9.2
Shake Milton. $5/$5 (team option)
Troy Brown Jr. $4/$4 (team option)

If MIN does a 2-for-1, they need to add a salary to meet roster minimums. MIN is $2.1 mil under the lux, but Mike Conley has a $1.5 mil unlikely bonus if the team reaches the NBA Finals.

Schroeder $12.4/$13.0

————-

So in this case, Anderson + Milton probably works financially, Anderson + Brown Jr “probably” works, adding a pro-rated vet min deal. It works better the longer they wait. The $13 mil next year is both a blessing (to have a PG under contract) and a curse ($13 mil might be reasonable, but it also might push MIN over the second apron). I’m personally not a fan of Schroeder, and I am a little concerned about chemistry with a reduced role, but it’s a reasonable swap, with SloMo going to a contender for a little value.

Schroder is such a terrible fit with Gobert, I think MIN is better keeping their guys. Remember all of this?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/03/lakers-grizzlies-anthony-davis-dennis-schroder-video

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Wolveswin
General Manager
And1: 2,699

Post#37 » by Wolveswin » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:56 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
kds92 wrote:The simple trade is sending him to the Lakers for Vincent and a couple 2nds. Don't think he'll get more than that.

So Toronto is downgrading in talent and paying an extra $11 million just to get the 50th plus pick in this draft and another late second. I mean can we trade Barnes and Quickley for Russell while we are at it?

Forum mod breaking own board rules. 2023 going out with a roar.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 39,189

Post#38 » by zimpy27 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:57 pm

shrink wrote:Schröeder yesterday after the loss to Detroit

Read on Twitter

I feel like since the Raptors just brought in a PG to likely start in front of him and a scoring guard, Schröeder will be even more frustrated, and TOR will try to move him “quickly.”

Hmm that's good insight because I do believe Raps have underperformed based on the players they have. Perhaps it is camaraderie that needs to be helped somehow.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#39 » by Mr Swagtastic » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:09 pm

Wolveswin wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:

So Toronto is downgrading in talent and paying an extra $11 million just to get the 50th plus pick in this draft and another late second. I mean can we trade Barnes and Quickley for Russell while we are at it?

Forum mod breaking own board rules. 2023 going out with a roar.

I am a forum mod for The Red Wings board but the deal isn't good for Toronto. I don't want Gabe Vincent he had a great playoffs got paid by The Lakers and hasn't been as advertised I get he hasn't played much but the extra year at $11 million isn't worth the two seconds especially considering how much The Lakers would be post trade
wegotthabeet
Analyst
And1: 2,364

Post#40 » by wegotthabeet » Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:15 pm

BBallFreak wrote:
MessiahUjiri wrote:
BBallFreak wrote:We're absolutely not including Jaquez in a trade for Siakam.

If Siakam was locked up on a reasonable contract you'd have a point. As is, no, not at all. Jacquez is a player we love and have a lot of faith in. I don't see is dealing him for anything less than an all NBA player, not a borderline guy who can walk out after this year.

Pass.

he's a nice piece, but Jaquez is a 23 year old rookie, four year college guy. these type of players are supposed to come in a be NBA ready role players. i just don't see the high ceiling where he is off the table in a trade that acquires a better player.

also when your team is located in Miami you can't really play the pending FA card. it's Miami.

Return to Trades and Transactions