Around the NBA, Season 2017-2018

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,844

Re: Around the NBA, Season 2017-2018 

Post#201 » by stitches » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:22 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:The Pistons are reportedly the one of the most active teams on the trade market so far, and Stanley Johnson is one piece they are willing to move. I wonder what their asking price is.

I’d move Thabo for him, especially if Quin is going to keep playing Joe instead.

I also don’t know what exactly they’d be looking for, but if Stan is desperate to win now (as woj said) it makes some sense for them.

Just posted the proposal on their board. Waiting for responses. :)
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#202 » by KqWIN » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:The Pistons are reportedly the one of the most active teams on the trade market so far, and Stanley Johnson is one piece they are willing to move. I wonder what their asking price is.

I’d move Thabo for him, especially if Quin is going to keep playing Joe instead.

I also don’t know what exactly they’d be looking for, but if Stan is desperate to win now (as woj said) it makes some sense for them.

Agreed. No picks, but if we can use one of the players DL signed to a 1+1 deal, it should be worth it to see what he can do. Jazz should be looking to get young talent on the cheap and see what we can do with it\them.

Yep, especially if Quin is going to bench one of them anyways. He might bench two of them once Rudy comes back.

It would be even better if we could find Joe a new home, but he is playing his way out of that. A buyout is probably more likely with him. I’d actually prefer if we did buy him out and gave a D-Leaguer the Hinkie special.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,030

Post#203 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 pm

KqWIN wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

Agreed. No picks, but if we can use one of the players DL signed to a 1+1 deal, it should be worth it to see what he can do. Jazz should be looking to get young talent on the cheap and see what we can do with it\them.

Yep, especially if Quin is going to bench one of them anyways. He might bench two of them once Rudy comes back.

It would be even better if we could find Joe a new home, but he is playing his way out of that. A buyout is probably more likely with him. I’d actually prefer if we did buy him out and gave a D-Leaguer the Hinkie special.

I would prefer to give up one of our wings to DET in a 3 way deal that would net us Mirotic. However, giving up Thabo, who is not in the long term plans, to see how Johnson would work out is not horrible. Stanley's play, however, has been pretty horrible. He isn't worth much. Another guy still getting mileage from his predraft hype.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#204 » by KqWIN » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:51 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

I would prefer to give up one of our wings to DET in a 3 way deal that would net us Mirotic. However, giving up Thabo, who is not in the long term plans, to see how Johnson would work out is not horrible. Stanley's play, however, has been pretty horrible. He isn't worth much. Another guy still getting mileage from his predraft hype.

Playing Joe over Thabo is inexcusable, but that’s whats happening. If the choice is having Thabo or Jonas sit every game, both potentially when Gobert is back, or having Stanley Johnson I’m taking Stanley.

He’s not a great young player, I hear ya, but he’s not owed $144 M like Wiggins is. He is worth a flier. We’ve seen how players can blossom with a change of scenery.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,030

Post#205 » by SoCalJazzFan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1657910
Thread entitled "Stanley Johnson is Bad"
Hilarious read.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#206 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Thabo our for season. The Jazz are cursed. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,399

Post#207 » by MTJazzv3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Daddy 801 wrote:Thabo our for season. The Jazz are cursed. WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Gentlemen, start your tank engines. Reports say out 6 months, which puts his return right at the date the Jazz decide whether to guarantee his second year. This is a bummer for sure, and yet another nail in the playoff coffin but it could be worse if he was signed for a longer period.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,480

Post#208 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm

The Jazz are currently 2 wins above a top 5 pick. Tank this thing already!!!
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
stitches
RealGM

Post#209 » by stitches » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:52 pm

https://streamable.com/vzd74
https://streamable.com/kz7q6

WTF is going on? This cannot be real, can it? How can you forget how to shoot a ball?
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#210 » by KqWIN » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:02 pm

stitches wrote:https://streamable.com/vzd74

WTF is going on? This cannot be real, can it? How can you forget how to shoot a ball?

It's gotta be one of the weirdest stories I've ever seen. They could make a 30 for 30 about it.

"What if I told you that a can't miss, number one overall prospect forgot how to shoot a basketball"

Read on Twitter
stitches
RealGM

Post#211 » by stitches » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:06 pm

KqWIN wrote:

It's gotta be one of the weirdest stories I've ever seen. They could make a 30 for 30 about it.

"What if I told you that a can't miss, number one overall prospect forgot how to shoot a basketball"

Read on Twitter

It's insane. It's truly insane. Of the concerns I had about Fultz his shot wasn't in the top 10. His shooting and shot creation was his best attribute, arguably. WTF happened?
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,640

Post#212 » by Cappy_Smurf » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:25 am

I've got a theory on this. I believe he suffered an injury and we aren't getting the whole story. Maybe something stupid happened, like a waterslide/motorcycle/rollerblading/whatever accident occured, and the Philly FO decided for everyone's sake, they'd keep it under wraps to avoid a bunch of questions as to why everyone involved could be so stupid.

I know they mentioned an injury, but I never heard details and then they came out and said he's ok now, which he clearly isn't.

One thing I think a lot of fans have a poor grasp on is that injuries aren't always black and white. Nerve injuries in particular can be nearly impossible to pin down. It's entirely possible that doctors don't know exactly what's wrong and are hoping time will heal it. I've been through something like this with my back, and after multiple MRIs that couldn't find anything, I eventually had some nerves in my neck cauterized. It helped some, but didn't fix the problem altogether.

Just looking at his current shooting stroke, I'm convinced he has suffered and injury that either isn't being reported completely/honestly, or they simply don't know for sure what's wrong with him.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,762

Post#213 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 pm

I dont know why I found this hilarious but I did.

Read on Twitter
Ingles is cooked.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#214 » by KqWIN » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 pm

This Clippers-Rockets story is the funniest thing since DeAndre was kidnapped :lol:
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#215 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Kings To Sit At Least Two Veterans Per Game To Develop Younger Players:

The Kings are prioritizing their long-term plans.

“I’m excited to see where De’Aaron Fox is 24 months from now,” Joerger said. “You get in the middle of his third season and you just keep plugging away. Sometimes fans just want to hear the short view. That’s the long view and that’s what we’re trying to do by doing this.”

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248624/Kings-To-Sit-At-Least-Two-Veterans-Per-Game-To-Develop-Younger-Players

That's how a tank looks. Front Office and coach are on the same page, begrudgingly or not.

This is the opening salvo of the tanking race (except for the Hawks who planned and executed it from the offseason onward). Shots fired!

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#216 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

KqWIN wrote:This Clippers-Rockets story is the funniest thing since DeAndre was kidnapped :lol:

It is hilarious. It even produces gems such as this headline:

"Chris Paul Praises Lou Williams With Perceived Shade Towards Blake Griffin"
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248627/Chris-Paul-Praises-Lou-Williams-With-Perceived-Shade-Towards-Blake-Griffin

I love that we are now using "shade" so wantonly. It makes serious sites look like magazines for 12 year old girls when they use it in their headlines. It is hysterical.

stitches
RealGM

Post#217 » by stitches » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Tatum will be so filthy.. it's unreal:
https://streamable.com/3psmu
stitches
RealGM

Post#218 » by stitches » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:24 pm

The more time passes the more similar to Favors' injury this one turns into...
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#219 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:32 pm

stitches wrote:The more time passes the more similar to Favors' injury this one turns into...

With one key difference--the Spurs are sitting Leonard until he's recovered instead of messing around with him while he's injured. Favors battled it out while injured for the team, lowered his value by playing hurt, and will still be gone at the end of the season. It is amazing to me how much the Jazz sacrificed to be competitive just to please Hayward. What a terrible decision. :nonono:

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#220 » by sipclip » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:08 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:The more time passes the more similar to Favors' injury this one turns into...

With one key difference--the Spurs are sitting Leonard until he's recovered instead of messing around with him while he's injured. Favors battled it out while injured for the team, lowered his value by playing hurt, and will still be gone at the end of the season. It is amazing to me how much the Jazz sacrificed to be competitive just to please Hayward. What a terrible decision. :nonono:

So true. Not only with Favors but Hood and Hill. When Hood hurt his knee I thought he tore his acl without a doubt. When they diagnosed it as a bone bruise we were all surprised but thankful. Then of course we rushed him back when he didn't look right at all and was basically worthless. Then we have Snyder talking crap about how players have to play through injuries and we end up with players coming back way before they should have and in the end it they never get right and we get mediocre production. Unfortunately the jazz didn't learn their lesson last year and we saw Gobert rushed back from injury only to play but not look right. That better not be the damn case this time around.

Return to Utah Jazz