ImageImage

Preseason Game 2: Bucks @ Nets 6:30 CST - NBATV

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Re: Preseason Game 2: Bucks @ Nets 6:30 CST - NBATV 

Post#221 » by WRau1 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 9:35 pm

Nwora already has one of the best step back jumpers I've seen for a non-guard, there is a lot to be optimistic about there.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#222 » by WRau1 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 9:40 pm

Another thing that sticks about this BKN team is that other than Johnson, they might be the softest team in the league. And mentally the weakest.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#223 » by crkone » Sat Oct 9, 2021 10:04 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
crkone wrote:Mamu: Practices against the best player in the world daily.
Bucks fans: I think he'll get owned when he faces REAL competition.

Mamadi and Dj Wilson says hello
As does Christian Wood.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,534

Post#224 » by Milbucks96 » Sat Oct 9, 2021 10:26 pm

crkone wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
crkone wrote:Mamu: Practices against the best player in the world daily.
Bucks fans: I think he'll get owned when he faces REAL competition.

Mamadi and Dj Wilson says hello
As does Christian Wood.

Wood is also really athletic and long, mamu is the opposite. That’s the reason people question him being able to compete with nba talent, not his skills. Him getting dunked on in practice by Giannis isn’t going to help him protect the rim with his short arms and small vertical, it won’t help him move his feet against 4s and big wings off the bench. It’s something there with him for sure but expecting him to contribute is just wishful thinking and hope.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,980

Post#225 » by emunney » Sat Oct 9, 2021 10:33 pm

Milbucks96 wrote:
crkone wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:Mamadi and Dj Wilson says hello
As does Christian Wood.

Wood is also really athletic and long, mamu is the opposite. That’s the reason people question him being able to compete with nba talent, not his skills. Him getting dunked on in practice by Giannis isn’t going to help him protect the rim with his short arms and small vertical, it won’t help him move his feet against 4s and big wings off the bench. It’s something there with him for sure but expecting him to contribute is just wishful thinking and hope.

It's based on his high skill level I think. Regardless, the Herd are playing this year and Mamu will be in Oshkosh for most of their season.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#226 » by crkone » Sat Oct 9, 2021 10:47 pm

emunney wrote:
Milbucks96 wrote:
crkone wrote:As does Christian Wood.

It's based on his high skill level I think. Regardless, the Herd are playing this year and Mamu will be in Oshkosh for most of their season.
Exactly.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#227 » by DrWood » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:24 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
Huh? Bryn Forbes played 19 minutes a game last year. Nwora is smarter, better defensively, and better offensively. Nwora was plus 15 in a4 point loss last night because the team could only function with him on the floor.

Highly efficient scoring helps teams win.

to me mirza teltovic is a better comp. truly one of my least favorite bucks of all time that mirza. nick young is a nice comp too.

bottom line were gonna disagree on nwora. personally the way he plays disgusts me. i literally find the way he plays to be gross.

i'll weigh out of the discussion.

Nwora and Young compare well in play style and body type, but Nwora is simply a better shot maker at every level of the floor. This is why Nwora is an extreme high efficiency scorer, while Young was low efficiency. It's low IQ to take shots you make?That would be like saying Middleton is dumb for taking shots other players miss.

The really important thing about Nwora is his rate of rise. Look at how quickly he's improved. He was 300 pounds without a D1 offer as a junior in High School. A few years later he's dominating NBA players. He's improved his body greatly and added an elite level of shooting and ball handling. He's passed well throughout the preseason.

It would be smart to bet on him continuing to improve.

Maybe he needs to show more emotion on the floor to make people believe he cares about winning. That's the same dumb thing people used to say about Middleton. Emotional control is a good thing, Nwora is a worker and competitor, of course he wants to win.

I feel really good that I think that both Sikma and "J"'s takes on Nwora are irrational.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#228 » by DrWood » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:29 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcrobjo01.html

=McBob im assuming?

that might be a reasonable comp.
verbalhologram
Pro Prospect
And1: 94

Post#229 » by verbalhologram » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:47 am

Only pre season but Mamu looked money,and Nowra looked like a beast,that said I doubt either will see many minutes.
ShootingtheJ
General Manager
And1: 4,802

Post#230 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:01 pm

DrWood wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
to me mirza teltovic is a better comp. truly one of my least favorite bucks of all time that mirza. nick young is a nice comp too.

bottom line were gonna disagree on nwora. personally the way he plays disgusts me. i literally find the way he plays to be gross.

i'll weigh out of the discussion.

Nwora and Young compare well in play style and body type, but Nwora is simply a better shot maker at every level of the floor. This is why Nwora is an extreme high efficiency scorer, while Young was low efficiency. It's low IQ to take shots you make?That would be like saying Middleton is dumb for taking shots other players miss.

The really important thing about Nwora is his rate of rise. Look at how quickly he's improved. He was 300 pounds without a D1 offer as a junior in High School. A few years later he's dominating NBA players. He's improved his body greatly and added an elite level of shooting and ball handling. He's passed well throughout the preseason.

It would be smart to bet on him continuing to improve.

Maybe he needs to show more emotion on the floor to make people believe he cares about winning. That's the same dumb thing people used to say about Middleton. Emotional control is a good thing, Nwora is a worker and competitor, of course he wants to win.

I feel really good that I think that both Sikma and "J"'s takes on Nwora are irrational.

No problem at all with you disagreeing with me, but could you share why?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks