Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

vvoland
Senior
And1: 130

Re: It's TIME! 24 Draft 

Post#281 » by vvoland » Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 pm

azwfan wrote:
vvoland wrote:
EvanZ wrote:So you wouldn't trade Steph to get Suggs and 3 first round picks because...please tell me why you wouldn't? I need to understand.

What's the better alternative here?

I just said it in the reply, the picks won't be good picks and I don't think suggs will ever be as good as steph is now and will be the next two years, if not 3.

I clearly think this team is closer to competing than you do. Nothing I'm seeing from the wolves, celtics, or mavs indicate we can't beat them with a few moves. Put a stretch big that can protect the rim next to dray and I think the lineup we have now would work great. My dream is miles turner but I'm sure the board is sick of seeing me type it.

I appreciate your optimism. I think itll take more than a few moves and more assets than we currently have. If we want to win with Steph i think we need to:
1) clear 2025 cap space, for the purpose of acquiring either a top FA or trade for a star
2) acquire more assets (in form of draft and/or easy to trade contracts),
3) bottom out for a year, making our ‘25 pick more attractive
4) play all youth. Have Steve talk up their value.
5) reassess in summer 2025 if we have enough to build something around Steph or go full rebuild.

On the chopping block: Everyone making more money than Jk and less money than Steph.

Want: any future picks, decent vets with tradable contracts, 2025 cap space, under developed young talent acquired with minimal assets.

6) at the trade deadline whatever trade-able vets we acquired - trade them for more future assets

Let's go back 1 season. Let's say that instead of getting cp3 we got porzingis. Where do we finish this season? There's a good chance we're a top 3 team in the west with KP at the 5 instead of looney/tjd. What if we made a move for DJM or PJ Washington at the deadline after getting porzingis last summer? Do you now like our chances in this west? I do. Neither move would have required that many assets and neither player is a superstar.

I don't think we need to tank next year or give up a season of what's left for steph and dray. Nor do I think we need to get an all-nba level player. I think 1 player at the DJM/Turner/Porzingis level (so like a fringe all star) and 1 player at the PJ Washington level (so solid NBA starter) and we're probably back in the mix. If we get significant leaps from JK, Moody and/or Podz, this team will surprise some people.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,766

Post#282 » by azwfan » Thu May 23, 2024 7:03 pm

Steph will sell tickets and help to reestablish a good locker room environment after we get rid of Draymond and let Klay go.

Looney will help with this too if we cant profit (asset wise) by moving him.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
vvoland
Senior

Post#283 » by vvoland » Thu May 23, 2024 7:06 pm

azwfan wrote:Steph will sell tickets and help to reestablish a good locker room environment after we get rid of Draymond and let Klay go.

By all accounts, the locker room was great this year, especially once dray came back and klay got to a better place emotionally (so around late Jan or so). Kerr talked about it. Players talked about it. Beat reporters wrote about it. It was pretty clear from the interactions and was night and day compared to the year prior.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#284 » by azwfan » Thu May 23, 2024 7:09 pm

vvoland wrote:
azwfan wrote:Steph will sell tickets and help to reestablish a good locker room environment after we get rid of Draymond and let Klay go.

By all accounts, the locker room was great this year, especially once dray came back and klay got to a better place emotionally (so around late Jan or so). Kerr talked about it. Players talked about it. Beat reporters wrote about it. It was pretty clear from the interactions and was night and day compared to the year prior.

The locker room was better because a coach DIED in front of the team and they banded together.

Get rid of the selfish clowns. I wouldnt put Wiggins in that category, but he’s unreliable.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,029

Post#285 » by Scoots1994 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:10 pm

EvanZ wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
Ok, so you clearly can't answer it directly. That's what I thought. Not a serious people.

Still lying I see.

How much clearer can I get than saying I would trade ANYONE. Do you somehow think Steph isn't included?

That's what I thought, you are just a troll.

Yeah bro, I mean you're good at being evasive. You are saying you don't want to trade Steph without saying it. Well done. I'm sure most people are fooled.

You have proven you are an idiot or a troll. Your choice.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#286 » by azwfan » Thu May 23, 2024 7:21 pm

vvoland wrote:
azwfan wrote:
vvoland wrote:
I just said it in the reply, the picks won't be good picks and I don't think suggs will ever be as good as steph is now and will be the next two years, if not 3.

I clearly think this team is closer to competing than you do. Nothing I'm seeing from the wolves, celtics, or mavs indicate we can't beat them with a few moves. Put a stretch big that can protect the rim next to dray and I think the lineup we have now would work great. My dream is miles turner but I'm sure the board is sick of seeing me type it.

I appreciate your optimism. I think itll take more than a few moves and more assets than we currently have. If we want to win with Steph i think we need to:
1) clear 2025 cap space, for the purpose of acquiring either a top FA or trade for a star
2) acquire more assets (in form of draft and/or easy to trade contracts),
3) bottom out for a year, making our ‘25 pick more attractive
4) play all youth. Have Steve talk up their value.
5) reassess in summer 2025 if we have enough to build something around Steph or go full rebuild.

On the chopping block: Everyone making more money than Jk and less money than Steph.

Want: any future picks, decent vets with tradable contracts, 2025 cap space, under developed young talent acquired with minimal assets.

6) at the trade deadline whatever trade-able vets we acquired - trade them for more future assets

Let's go back 1 season. Let's say that instead of getting cp3 we got porzingis. Where do we finish this season? There's a good chance we're a top 3 team in the west with KP at the 5 instead of looney/tjd. What if we made a move for DJM or PJ Washington at the deadline after getting porzingis last summer? Do you now like our chances in this west? I do. Neither move would have required that many assets and neither player is a superstar.

I don't think we need to tank next year or give up a season of what's left for steph and dray. Nor do I think we need to get an all-nba level player. I think 1 player at the DJM/Turner/Porzingis level (so like a fringe all star) and 1 player at the PJ Washington level (so solid NBA starter) and we're probably back in the mix. If we get significant leaps from JK, Moody and/or Podz, this team will surprise some people.

Why is Draymond lumped in with Steph. He’s single handedly f’d Steph’s last 2 seasons for us. No FO move required to do that.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#287 » by Scoots1994 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:24 pm

EvanZ wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
Now carry on with your emoji's or lay out what you think the Warriors could realistically receive for Steph at this stage of his career.

I think Orlando would give us Suggs, Jett Howard, maybe Anthony Black, matching contracts and at least 3 future first round picks. Maybe 4. Utah got more back from Minnesota for Rudy Freakin Gobert. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Would you do this deal? Or will you evade the question like the other guy.

Assuming Klay, Dray, Loon, Wiggins, CP3, GP2 are all gone too? Yeah, I'd do that deal.

That said, I don't think you get that deal.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#288 » by Scoots1994 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:28 pm

azwfan wrote:
vvoland wrote:

The locker room was better because a coach DIED in front of the team and they banded together.

Get rid of the selfish clowns. I wouldnt put Wiggins in that category, but he’s unreliable.

I think the coaching staff has really lost a lot in the brain drain going other places. I hope there is some shake up this offseason. I loved it when there was talk of the Lakers taking Atkinson, now it's the Cavs. PLEASE take him so Kerr can hire a different coach who will push back on Kerr's mistakes more. Kerr NEEDS a detail oriented coach who is confident in speaking his mind ... and who is a good coach obviously.
vvoland
Senior

Post#289 » by vvoland » Thu May 23, 2024 7:49 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:
vvoland wrote:

I think the coaching staff has really lost a lot in the brain drain going other places. I hope there is some shake up this offseason. I loved it when there was talk of the Lakers taking Atkinson, now it's the Cavs. PLEASE take him so Kerr can hire a different coach who will push back on Kerr's mistakes more. Kerr NEEDS a detail oriented coach who is confident in speaking his mind ... and who is a good coach obviously.

100%. I remember thinking that we have a strong culture and organization when Atkinson turned down the HC job in Cha. Now, I wish he took it so we could have done the staff refresh last summer. I hope he gets a gig this summer and we bring in Vogel as the defensive assistant.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#290 » by Scoots1994 » Fri May 24, 2024 2:03 am

vvoland wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:The locker room was better because a coach DIED in front of the team and they banded together.

100%. I remember thinking that we have a strong culture and organization when Atkinson turned down the HC job in Cha. Now, I wish he took it so we could have done the staff refresh last summer. I hope he gets a gig this summer and we bring in Vogel as the defensive assistant.

Or Vogel and Monty Williams. Williams is a good bench coach where Kerr fails. Vogel is a good scheme and detail guy but not great at keeping the team together. Would be nice to have both of them as long as we are dreaming :)
azwfan
RealGM

Post#291 » by azwfan » Fri May 24, 2024 2:09 am

Just hope we get a keeper in the draft, or at least someone who looks like a keeper. I need a reason watch next season.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#292 » by Scoots1994 » Fri May 24, 2024 12:42 pm

azwfan wrote:Just hope we get a keeper in the draft, or at least someone who looks like a keeper. I need a reason watch next season.

Hoping that one of the last picks in the draft is a reason to watch is ... not likely to pay off.

I love the draft and wish the Warriors could pick up a first this year.
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,425

Post#293 » by Onus » Fri May 24, 2024 1:01 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
azwfan wrote:Just hope we get a keeper in the draft, or at least someone who looks like a keeper. I need a reason watch next season.

Hoping that one of the last picks in the draft is a reason to watch is ... not likely to pay off.

who do you like in the first that you want to trade up for?
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,851

Post#294 » by GSWFan1994 » Fri May 24, 2024 3:37 pm

I'm not following the draft this year, I'm as lost as a dog in a highway.

That being said, what kind of player do you guys think we should be targeting? A stretch big? A shooting wing? A combo guard?
Onus
RealGM

Post#295 » by Onus » Fri May 24, 2024 3:44 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:I'm not following the draft this year, I'm as lost as a dog in a highway.

That being said, what kind of player do you guys think we should be targeting? A stretch big? A shooting wing? A combo guard?

So far of the guys that should be drafted it looks like we're looking to bring in a wing. These have been the notable draftees that we've brought in for a workout that has been reported.

Dillon Jones
Payton Sandfort
Antonio Reeves
Coleman Hawkins

I could get behind any of these players if they were drafted.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#296 » by Scoots1994 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:52 pm

Onus wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

Not necessarily trade up ... like if they trade a player for a pick or picks.

There are a number of players I like in the draft. Maybe not stars or certainly superstars, but I just enjoy the process of the draft in general. It would depend on what pick they got.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#297 » by Scoots1994 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:53 pm

GSWFan1994 wrote:I'm not following the draft this year, I'm as lost as a dog in a highway.

Yes?

I think they desperately need more size, but the reality is it depends on what else they do, where they pick, and who is still there.
Onus
RealGM

Post#298 » by Onus » Fri May 24, 2024 5:04 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Onus wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

There are a number of players I like in the draft. Maybe not stars or certainly superstars, but I just enjoy the process of the draft in general. It would depend on what pick they got.

What players would you be targeting? Just curious in who you like and what draft range you want to get into. I've only really deep dived into 2nd rd picks so far.
azwfan
RealGM

Post#299 » by azwfan » Fri May 24, 2024 5:23 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:

You are right, but there's always hope. hahaha

In reality, I probably will never be back watching every single game and on here all the time again - even if they get rid of the clown. I've really enjoyed the last year+ or so when I cut my Warriors watching to a more reasonable level (basically watch a game on ABC if I happen to see that its on) and just browsing threads rather than interacting a ton. Its been great spending more time with the family. Might be back more prominently in a few years once the kids are in high school and want nothing to do with Dad. :lol:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#300 » by Scoots1994 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:23 pm

Onus wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
Onus wrote:who do you like in the first that you want to trade up for?

What players would you be targeting? Just curious in who you like and what draft range you want to get into. I've only really deep dived into 2nd rd picks so far.

Chomche, Ware, and Missi in the 2nd half of the 1st probably. Some size, defense, and some shooting ... but they all need development.

It really depends on the team's intent and roster ... there are some good wing defenders and some good glue guys out there.

Return to Golden State Warriors