ImageImageImageImageImage

O/T: Lil Wayne sent to Rykers Island today

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

RealGM
And1: 39,319

Re: O/T: Lil Wayne sent to Rykers Island today 

Post#31 » by 2010 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 1:13 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
2010 wrote:
He don't need to convert to Islam for protection (the *real* reason most inmates do). He's already a blood so they gonna hold him down. Word already is out there that he family so when he arrives they'll be ready to embrace him. It's the others he'd have to watch out for. All it takes is ONE person who doesn't give a phucc to hit him up. It's as simple as, one house returning from chow while Wayne and his house are on their way. If somebody is feeling froggy then it could end up being one whole house vs another. If somebody set it on Wayne, his whole house would go out for him just to be included in the legendary jumpoff "yo Wayne got banged and WE ALL WENT OUT FOR HIM"

I'm not even going to pretend to know how the whole prison ratios are right now. However I'm sure he will write 20 mixtapes worth during his bid.

Or on the flip side he might totally get writers block and not be able to write too much material considering his inspiration is largely fueled by drugs (weed, heroin, syrup, etc.) and he won't have access to all those vices on Rikers.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#32 » by Mecca » Tue Mar 9, 2010 1:15 am

2010 wrote:
xKLNx Phenom wrote:Anyone know how long he'll be locked up?

8 months

Thanks. :lol:
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#33 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Mar 9, 2010 1:22 am

2010 wrote:
Or on the flip side he might totally get writers block and not be able to write too much material considering his inspiration is largely fueled by drugs (weed, heroin, syrup, etc.) and he won't have access to all those vices on Rikers.

DVD Collection:
Scarface
Donnie Brasco
State Property
Carlito's Way
The Wire
Boondocks
Blues Clues

Also at the same time I can see a few more songs like I feel like Dying, even without the drug influences.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#34 » by TKF » Tue Mar 9, 2010 1:54 am

TheBluest wrote:
And I'd rather be pushing flowers
Than to be in the pen sharing showers

PWNED!!!!

:lol: :lol:

one thing about these southern rappers.. Up north cats really don't feel them the way these cats do down here..this is not Jay Z going to jail or puffy, those guys would probably get cut some slack.. but weezy has no pull up north I bet.. LOL
Naan
Senior
And1: 1

Post#35 » by Naan » Tue Mar 9, 2010 2:09 am

Speaking of the South, I'm Back - T.I....
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#36 » by slamvangundy » Tue Mar 9, 2010 4:50 am

2010 wrote:Celebrity rappers-turned-inmates at Rikers get treated like KINGS...by staff, CO's, warden, etc.

However, treatment by other inmates? Well that's another story. Two things happen: 1). you get the dicc-riders who think if they align themselves with the celeb and "hold him down" that upon their release their efforts will not be forgotten and they will be "taken care of" when they get out and reconnect with the celeb/rapper. On the other hand 2). you got the extortionists and cats looking to make a name for themselves at the celeb/rappers expense. Their mentality is "look, I don't give a phucc who you are...in HERE this is MY WORLD and I'M THE CELEB...now come up off them kicks, my nygga" LOL. So Wayne will never make it to GP (general population) for that reason. He will be in protective custody (even against his own will if he prefers GP). For example, Wayne is a known "blood". You got crips on the Island who'd love to earn their stripes off Weezy F-Baby.

But lets pretend for arguments sake that there was the possiblity of Wayne going to GP. Most of the Island inmates are housed in dorms called "houses" by jail jargon. There are as much as 75 inmates in each house with only 1 CO. The CO goes in the "bubble" (observation room) and isn't always walking the house floor. The house is similar to military barracks. You got 75 beds in the house but sometimes there might only be 60 inmates in the house. Yet still, you got like 10 imates sleeping on the floor despite the 15 extra beds. Lets just say if Wayne was in GP and ended up in a house run by the crips he'd prolly be sleeping on the floor or run out the house by the end of his 1st day in there. Each inmate is allowed phone time. Yet the goon who runs the house (not the CO) is usually the one who regulates the phone. Some goons who are on some dictator schit even sleep with the receiver and take it off the line when they feel like it. If you don't got props in the room but you're lucky, you might be given "Dougie Fresh" (which means 6mins) LOL. From the old skool song lyrics "6 mins Dougie Fresh you're on" LOL. If you go over that 6mins, you might get your jaw broke or your dome cut wit your head stitched up looking like "Mr. Met" LOL

I found this damned fascinating, man. Any other interesting information you want to throw at us? I don't think I'm alone when I say this was one of the best realgm posts of the year.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#37 » by TheBluest » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:04 am

TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
And I'd rather be pushing flowers
Than to be in the pen sharing showers

PWNED!!!!

one thing about these southern rappers.. Up north cats really don't feel them the way these cats do down here..this is not Jay Z going to jail or puffy, those guys would probably get cut some slack.. but weezy has no pull up north I bet.. LOL

Plus his gang affiliation(which isn't pure) because LA Bloods made Birdman/Weezy pay dues just for cred. They got mashed up on and had to pay out of pocket for being in the wrong place at the wrong time as a lesson to the streets. So he could get it from both sides...Enemy side...Gang affiliated side knowing he isn't authentic.
RealGM

Post#38 » by 2010 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:34 am

slamvangundy wrote:
2010 wrote:Celebrity rappers-turned-inmates at Rikers get treated like KINGS...by staff, CO's, warden, etc.

However, treatment by other inmates? Well that's another story. Two things happen: 1). you get the dicc-riders who think if they align themselves with the celeb and "hold him down" that upon their release their efforts will not be forgotten and they will be "taken care of" when they get out and reconnect with the celeb/rapper. On the other hand 2). you got the extortionists and cats looking to make a name for themselves at the celeb/rappers expense. Their mentality is "look, I don't give a phucc who you are...in HERE this is MY WORLD and I'M THE CELEB...now come up off them kicks, my nygga" LOL. So Wayne will never make it to GP (general population) for that reason. He will be in protective custody (even against his own will if he prefers GP). For example, Wayne is a known "blood". You got crips on the Island who'd love to earn their stripes off Weezy F-Baby.

But lets pretend for arguments sake that there was the possiblity of Wayne going to GP. Most of the Island inmates are housed in dorms called "houses" by jail jargon. There are as much as 75 inmates in each house with only 1 CO. The CO goes in the "bubble" (observation room) and isn't always walking the house floor. The house is similar to military barracks. You got 75 beds in the house but sometimes there might only be 60 inmates in the house. Yet still, you got like 10 imates sleeping on the floor despite the 15 extra beds. Lets just say if Wayne was in GP and ended up in a house run by the crips he'd prolly be sleeping on the floor or run out the house by the end of his 1st day in there. Each inmate is allowed phone time. Yet the goon who runs the house (not the CO) is usually the one who regulates the phone. Some goons who are on some dictator schit even sleep with the receiver and take it off the line when they feel like it. If you don't got props in the room but you're lucky, you might be given "Dougie Fresh" (which means 6mins) LOL. From the old skool song lyrics "6 mins Dougie Fresh you're on" LOL. If you go over that 6mins, you might get your jaw broke or your dome cut wit your head stitched up looking like "Mr. Met" LOL

I found this damned fascinating, man. Any other interesting information you want to throw at us? I don't think I'm alone when I say this was one of the best realgm posts of the year.

Jail is no game man. It's very different from PRISON and most can't distinguish the differences between the two. Jail is short-term housing (less than 2yrs) before sentencing. The reality of what kind of time the inmate will be doing hasn't hit him yet. Often he's sitting there for upwards of a year awaiting trail and the system is dragging. He begins to not give a phucc. Whereas in prison guys are already sentenced, know what kind of #'s they're dealing with and are looking forward to parole. They DO give a phucc and are less likely to get crazy unless they are lifers or dudes doing football #'s. On the island, EVERYONE is there on a short-term stay which is why it's a much more violent environment and dudes dread the island and can't wait to get sentenced and shipped upstate. Anything you wanna know in particular just ask...

RealGM

Post#39 » by 2010 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:37 am

TheBluest wrote:Plus his gang affiliation(which isn't pure) because LA Bloods made Birdman/Weezy pay dues just for cred. They got mashed up on and had to pay out of pocket for being in the wrong place at the wrong time as a lesson to the streets. So he could get it from both sides...Enemy side...Gang affiliated side knowing he isn't authentic.

Good theory in principle but in reality NO EAST COAST BLOOD IS AUTHENTIC so they will not check him the way a West Coast blood would. East coast bloods will accept him regardless because they will be eager to have him rep their set.

Starks1994
Veteran
And1: 185

Post#40 » by Starks1994 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:38 am

2010 wrote:
slamvangundy wrote:

jail is no game man. It's very different from PRISON and most can't distinguish the differences between the two. Jail is short-term housing (less than 2yrs) before sentencing. The reality of what kind of time the inmate will be doing hasn't hit him yet. Often he's sitting there for upwards of a year awaiting trail and the system is dragging. He begins to not give a phucc. Whereas in prison guys are already sentenced, know what kind if #'s they're dealing with and looking forward to parole. They do give a phucc and are less likely to get crazy unless they are lifers or dude with football #'s. On the island, EVERYONE is there on a short-term stay which is why it's a much more violent experience and dudes dread the island and can't wait to get sentenced and shipped upstate. Anything you wanna know in particular just ask...

This def the most interesting stuff i read in o/t thread in long time. You did time or something? How do you know all this stuff? lol All my knowledge of prison comes from Shawshank Redemption and Ol' Dirty Bastard albums
Ito
General Manager
And1: 813

Post#41 » by Ito » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:44 am

ya buggin if ya think he's actually gonna be with the rest of them... He's rich... he's gonna be chillin, smokin a blunt with a few female cops lickin his lollipop

I never been to Rykers.. just Bookings.. and that **** is dirty as **** I cant even imagine how Rykers is... probably a room full of **** killing each other... I kno when things get too wild thats when the boys come in and try to control things with tasers, sticks and stuff.. but they really dont care if they just kill each other
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#42 » by TheBluest » Tue Mar 9, 2010 5:56 am

2010 wrote:
TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:

PWNED!!!!

Plus his gang affiliation(which isn't pure) because LA Bloods made Birdman/Weezy pay dues just for cred. They got mashed up on and had to pay out of pocket for being in the wrong place at the wrong time as a lesson to the streets. So he could get it from both sides...Enemy side...Gang affiliated side knowing he isn't authentic.

Good theory but in reality NO EAST COAST BLOOD IS AUTHENTIC so they will not check him the way a West Coast blood would. East coast bloods will accept him regardless because they will be eager to have him rep their set.[/quote]

Weezy is a Southern Affiliated Blood in an East Coast Incarcerated Facility(Rikers). Which means there could be West Coast Affiliated/Official Bloods in an East Coast Incarcerated Facility(Rikers). Trust all Gang Affiliated timers aren't strategically geographically locked up in facilities.
Nonstop
Pro Prospect
And1: 294

Post#43 » by Nonstop » Tue Mar 9, 2010 6:06 am

2010 wrote:
Good theory in principle but in reality NO EAST COAST BLOOD IS AUTHENTIC so they will not check him the way a West Coast blood would. East coast bloods will accept him regardless because they will be eager to have him rep their set.

was just finna say that... east coast bloods treat you like family off top (from what ive seen from some of the NJ/NY homies) just cause you from the west..

its a different story back home, but i aint gone go no further ya dig..
WAYSA
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by WAYSA » Tue Mar 9, 2010 6:10 am

Lil Wayne would be the first one giving up his mattress, bag of dorrito's, and phone time if he was in gen pop.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#45 » by EchelonNYK » Tue Mar 9, 2010 1:50 pm

I hear Rikers Island is crip town now. good luck to that fake blood, Lil Wayne.
RealGM

Post#46 » by 2010 » Tue Mar 9, 2010 2:54 pm

Starks1994 wrote:
2010 wrote:
slamvangundy wrote:I found this damned fascinating, man. Any other interesting information you want to throw at us? I don't think I'm alone when I say this was one of the best realgm posts of the year.

jail is no game man. It's very different from PRISON and most can't distinguish the differences between the two. Jail is short-term housing (less than 2yrs) before sentencing. The reality of what kind of time the inmate will be doing hasn't hit him yet. Often he's sitting there for upwards of a year awaiting trail and the system is dragging. He begins to not give a phucc. Whereas in prison guys are already sentenced, know what kind if #'s they're dealing with and looking forward to parole. They do give a phucc and are less likely to get crazy unless they are lifers or dude with football #'s. On the island, EVERYONE is there on a short-term stay which is why it's a much more violent experience and dudes dread the island and can't wait to get sentenced and shipped upstate. Anything you wanna know in particular just ask...

This def the most interesting stuff i read in o/t thread in long time. You did time or something? How do you know all this stuff? lol All my knowledge of prison comes from Shawshank Redemption and Ol' Dirty Bastard albums

I just think that there's a lot of young cats who browse these forums (Wayne fans in particular) who listen to the music and hear the rappers talk on wax about all this street schit in a glorified manner and these kids who don't know the life get jaded points of view. They get the "commercialized" side of the game but they never get to hear the realities of what happens when you find yourself on Rikers or up north doing a bid. It's not a game at all and there's no glory in it, contrary to the picture these rappers try to paint in the minds of the youth. I could tell some stories that would really never be heard by many of you that would have cats really re-evaluating their thought-process the next time they think of trying to "act" tough and do something stupid that would compromise their freedom. I put "LOL" after some of this stuff because sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. it's crazy when the lights go out and you hear grown men crying.

No.Bull.Son
Rookie
And1: 25

Post#47 » by No.Bull.Son » Tue Mar 9, 2010 3:11 pm

@2010--- That's some real ish you just wrote.
NO.BULL.SON
JohnStarksTheDunk
General Manager
And1: 2,008

Post#48 » by JohnStarksTheDunk » Tue Mar 9, 2010 3:12 pm

2010 wrote:
I just think that there's a lot of young cats who browse these forums (Wayne fans in particular) who listen to the music and hear the rappers talk on wax about all this street schit in a glorified manner and these kids who don't know the life get jaded points of view. They get the "commercialized" side of the game but they never get to hear the realities of what happens when you find yourself on Rikers or up north doing a bid. It's not a game at all and there's no glory in it, contrary to the picture these rappers try to paint in the minds of the youth. I could tell some stories that would really never be heard by many of you that would have cats really re-evaluating their thought-process the next time they think of trying to "act" tough and do something stupid that would compromise their freedom. I put "LOL" after some of this stuff because sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. it's crazy when the lights go out and you hear grown men crying.

Good post. Thanks for all of your insight on this stuff.
YaoisGodsAnswer
Senior
And1: 0

Post#49 » by YaoisGodsAnswer » Tue Mar 9, 2010 3:19 pm

Lil Wayne fyi is only 5'6" hell even Im taller than him
Ito
General Manager
And1: 813

Post#50 » by Ito » Tue Mar 9, 2010 3:27 pm

Rappers do the right thing. They just talk about what we live what we go through. They dont live that life, they are famous and rich... but most of us live in the hood and lived that street life at one point in our lifes.. You wont learn unless you experience it yourself and learn from your own mistakes.

There's alot of people who got their mind F'd up, but it's not because of Rappers.. or TV.. or whatever people like to blame these days, it's because of how they were raised, and things they went through. Some people just dont recover from it.. Others are more strong minded and take all that as a lesson learned and better themselves

Return to New York Knicks