Image ImageImage Image

Boylen fired!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Michael Jackson, kulaz3000, dougthonus, Ice Man, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, coldfish, RedBulls23, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Re: Boylen fired!! 

Post#301 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:55 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Mr Funk wrote:
MikeDC wrote:Actually, money has nothing to do with it but "basic humanity" does explain why I really wanted Boylen out.

Like, to give background, I've never really argued that strongly for firing a coach before. Del Negro was a bad coach, but he also got assaulted. I guess I wanted Fred gone, but I think he was basically a good guy, just not a good coach.

Boylen is plain and simple not a good guy in the way that Hoiberg is. He got his job by kneecapping Hoiberg and being a politician, and then started his run by publicly humiliating his players.

He acted like a boorish jerk to players, opponents, fans and the media, and apparently various other people within the Bulls organization. In this respect, his tenure here was very much like his tenure at Utah, which left that program in shambles. That is, it's not like it's just some isolated case where he got mad and did something dumb. There's a track record going back a long way of him, frankly, treating people badly, overstepping bounds, and being nasty, embarrassing, or both.

I mean, I don't wish him dead or anything, but he's not a guy we should spend much time feeling bad for either. Not a good coach, and not a good guy either.

HomoSapien wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

In my opinion, he's the worst coach we've had during my lifetime as a fan. Easily the least enjoyable it's been for me.

(gets really good around 6:13)

Wow. So glad this moron is gone. My hatred for him burns hot.

Well deserved firing to Jimbo.
In my opinion if Boylen wants continue his hard-discipline and hard condition coaching style
then he should become drill-instructor in USA navy-seals.
There's no chance in hell some other NBA team signs that dork.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,246

Post#302 » by HomoSapien » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:
netduri2 wrote:What a weird timing. I mean it seems like the Bulls are in the bubble, they failed to compete and then AK fires him!!

I pity for Adrian Griffin if he is innocenct. He must be strongly considered as a new Bulls HC but the timing is very bad for him.

His wife accused him of domestic violence recent days though one of his child told that accusation is not true. We don't know what happaned to the family yet.

Adrian Griffin has denied his ex wife's accusations of domestic violence and abuse.
I don't know what's Griffin's ex wife's motive of these accusations maybe it's money and maybe it's something-else.
But it could also be a attempt to sabotage Griffin's coaching career especially in that case if / when Griffin is innocent.
Lets see how this case ends.

It could also be true. Regardless, Griffin's probably no longer a serious candidate for us or anyone else for at least a few years until this dies down. True or not, no one wants a first-time coach that is dealing with negative press and possible legal consequences.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect

Post#303 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:02 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
netduri2 wrote:What a weird timing. I mean it seems like the Bulls are in the bubble, they failed to compete and then AK fires him!!

I pity for Adrian Griffin if he is innocenct. He must be strongly considered as a new Bulls HC but the timing is very bad for him.

His wife accused him of domestic violence recent days though one of his child told that accusation is not true. We don't know what happaned to the family yet.

Adrian Griffin has denied his ex wife's accusations of domestic violence and abuse.
I don't know what's Griffin's ex wife's motive of these accusations maybe it's money and maybe it's something-else.
But it could also be a attempt to sabotage Griffin's coaching career especially in that case if / when Griffin is innocent.

It could also be true. Regardless, Griffin's probably no longer a serious candidate for us or anyone else for at least a few years until this dies down. True or not, no one wants a first-time coach that is dealing with negative press and possible legal consequences.

True.
I get that Griffin's reputation as a coach has got huge hit were those accusations true or not.
But for now Griffin is innocent until proved otherwise.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect

Post#304 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:12 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
JohnnyTapwater wrote:Lauri will be on his way to MIP

I really hope so. He had no chance in Boylen's system. Zach, Coby and Lauri will be our leading scorers next season.

Apparently Jimbo's dysfunctional coaching style caused problems to Lauri this past season.
But now Lauri doesn't that have coaching excuse anymore because Jimbo is history.

So if / when Lauri continues of that where he stopped season 2019-2020
and his regression continues season 2020-2021 then he cannot blame anyone-else than himself.

Hopefully you're right with your predictions with Bulls leading scorers.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#305 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:46 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:

Good points. Also, not sure how her motivation could be money. You would think she would want him to make as much money as possible if she is receiving child support and/or alimony. If he's not working, she is just screwing herself out of money. Maybe it is true, but if it's not, she should go to prison. She is literally messing with his livelihood here. Because of her, he probably doesn't get a head coaching job and without these allegation coming out publicly, he almost surely would have gotten hired somewhere as a head coach or a highly paid assistant/associate head coach type of position. Now, he could be out completely. I feel that if somebody makes this kind of stuff up about their ex or their spouse and it is proven to be false accusations, the accuser should be severely punished.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect

Post#306 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:02 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:

Good points. Also, not sure how her motivation could be money. You would think she would want him to make as much money as possible if she is receiving child support and/or alimony. If he's not working, she is just screwing herself out of money. Maybe it is true, but if it's not, she should go to prison. She is literally messing with his livelihood here. Because of her, he probably doesn't get a head coaching job and without these allegation coming out publicly, he almost surely would have gotten hired somewhere as a head coach or a highly paid assistant/associate head coach type of position. Now, he could be out completely. I feel that if somebody makes this kind of stuff up about their ex or their spouse and it is proven to be false accusations, the accuser should be severely punished.

True.
Those accusations what Adrian Griffin's ex wife has made are very serious
so Mrs Griffin better have some evidences to make her case real.

That's for sure Adrian Griffin's reputation as a coach has got huge hit no question about that at all.
I can't say yes or no for that should AK hire Adrian Griffin or not but to me Mr Griffin is innocent for now until proved otherwise.
stoo
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,233

Post#307 » by stoo » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:43 am

guys. You have Karnisovas now. You can keep guessing things, it's so fun, but you don't have to worry. Probably most deals (pick, roster, development, coaching) will be done to the best out of circumstances. I predict, at least, already next season, things will look so much better and you will know your direction. Cheers from a Nuggets fan
NotSinceWilt
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,904

Post#308 » by TheStig » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

True.

That's for sure Adrian Griffin's reputation as a coach has got huge hit no question about that at all.
I can't say yes or no for that should AK hire Adrian Griffin or not but to me Mr Griffin is innocent for now until proved otherwise.

I think short term this hurts AG and likely costs him jobs this year but we've seen guys like Jason Kidd have long careers with that history. He'll get a shot. Just likely not here or this year.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect

Post#309 » by Jiipee84 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:14 pm

TheStig wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

True.

I think short term this hurts AG and likely costs him jobs this year but we've seen guys like Jason Kidd have long careers with that history. He'll get a shot. Just likely not here or this year.

We ( Bulls fans ) cannot know precisely are those accusations of domestic violence true or not.
I get that domestic violence is serious police matter but in those relationships which have had a lot fights etc problems
divorces etc can get really ugly and how do we know that is Adrian Griffin really assaulted and abused his ex wife or kids.

I might be too skeptic sometimes but some peoples are ready to do whatever for huge amount of money.
especially in this case when other person and so called bad-guy is NBA coach who earns millions of dollars per year.
Of course there is chance something bad is happened in AG's family which can make those accusations real later.

But without evidences and fact based truth it's really hard to judge anyone.
So let wait and see how this case ends and what law enforcement authorities will do.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,904

Post#310 » by TheStig » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:53 am

Jiipee84 wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Jiipee84 wrote:
True.

We ( Bulls fans ) cannot know precisely are those accusations of domestic violence true or not.
I get that domestic violence is serious police matter but in those relationships which have had a lot fights etc problems
divorces etc can get really ugly and how do we know that is Adrian Griffin really assaulted and abused his ex wife or kids.

I might be too skeptic sometimes but some peoples are ready to do whatever for huge amount of money.
especially in this case when other person and so called bad-guy is NBA coach who earns millions of dollars per year.
Of course there is chance something bad is happened in AG's family which can make those accusations real later.

But without evidences and fact based truth it's really hard to judge anyone.
So let wait and see how this case ends and what law enforcement authorities will do.

I'm not judging him at all. I have no idea what happened. I have no knowledge.

But a big brand name, public facing organization isn't going to hire someone into a high profile role without a resolution in either way. Their worst nightmare is the Ray Rice situation.

Return to Chicago Bulls