Kyrie Irving 'Tired Of Hearing About What LeBron Needs'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Re: Kyrie Irving 'Tired Of Hearing About What LeBron Needs' 

Post#41 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:42 am

nedleeds wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Kyrie is correct the Cavs are his team, he was there first and won allstar game mvp the year before and he also outplayed the league mvp as well and hit the game winner in his face. Something Lebron was not able to do for them.

Kyrie also led them to two straight lottery number 1 picks. Something LeFlop has never accomplished.

If Lebron didn't leave them in the first place, they would have not fallen out of the top spot in the conference to a position where they could draft Kyrie in the first place. But please, continue to blame Kyrie as the reason for him being on a bad team, really smart. Lebron was the reason they fell into lottery obligatory, no reason to blame Kyrie because he ended up being the first player with talent they has after he left. When Kyrie was ready to lead a winning team, Lebron came back and tore it apart again. I guess you are ready to blame the next player they draft after Lebron leaves again next year for them being so bad once again...
Hoopzilla
Starter
And1: 520

Post#42 » by Hoopzilla » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:46 am

SVG wrote:Tired of hearing what LeBron needs? Was he not on the same team that almost got swept in last years finals. It's obvious the cavs need roster upgrades in order to compete with the Warriors.

Anyways Kyrie will realize the kind of scrub he is after he's dealt to a different team where he's the main focus of the opposing defense and not LeBron. :crazy:

He was the best one on one player in the game, averaged 20 ppg, was an all star, and a three point contest winner. All before he ever stepped on a court with Lebron. He is now three years older with more experience. He will be okay...
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#43 » by TimRobbins » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:16 am

I wonder how long will the Cavs drag this saga on? They need to trade him. If they make him show up to camp it will be a disaster and it will kill his value.
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#44 » by johnnyballgame » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:21 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
SVG wrote:Tired of hearing what LeBron needs? Was he not on the same team that almost got swept in last years finals. It's obvious the cavs need roster upgrades in order to compete with the Warriors.

Anyways Kyrie will realize the kind of scrub he is after he's dealt to a different team where he's the main focus of the opposing defense and not LeBron. :crazy:

He was the best one on one player in the game, averaged 20 ppg, was an all star, and a three point contest winner. All before he ever stepped on a court with Lebron. He is now three years older with more experience. He will be okay...

Are you sure? He impregnated a gold digger beauty queen, he tried to get out of paying child support (say what you will about the woman, that's his own child), his new girlfriend was sleeping with another man and pictures of dude in his woman's bed made the web, now he's taking advice from the 'pastor' who 'mentors' Bieber. He doesn't seem like he's planned a lot of things out too far ahead. Like doing a bunch of stupid stuff to lower your trade value when you want to be traded. The reports say teams were calling and investigating his character.... that's initially because he's already not looking like a team guy in just demanding a trade (malcontent?)
The latest articles... like this one.. are basically saying he's jealous of LeBron. Jealousy is a pretty childish emotion.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
johnnyballgame
Senior
And1: 76

Post#45 » by johnnyballgame » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:27 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
johnnyballgame wrote:My favorite part of all this is the people saying if LeBron leaves next year Kyrie will be stuck with the players built to play around LeBron. Please tell me, because no one has said, what kind of players does Kyrie need around him?

Are we talking four point guards to pass him the ball and then watch him drive to the hole one on three?
Or just guys who don't care about winning but really want to help Kyrie get a scoring title and a super max?

Allen Iverson scored the ball and couldn't play defense. So you create a team similar to the one that took Iverson to the finals. A team with a lot of very good defenders who can make up for Kyrie's shortcomings and keep the score low enough that the massive output from Kyrie can potentially win them the game. Pretty easy to envision when it has already happened to a player with a similar skill set.

Yeah, and it will only take a decade or two to turn the Knicks into that. As opposed to playing with a bunch of seasoned vets who've made the finals four seasons in a row. All of whom played in the NBA before without LeBron.
If LeBron left they'd have to add a small forward.
Kyrie most of the time when he shoots starts with the ball and then dribbles a while then shoots. -statistical analysis from a 'longtime' Cavs fan (June 2017)
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,261

Post#46 » by cedric76 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:36 am

Oakley speaks the truth.

Sent from my SM-A310F using RealGM mobile app
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,352

Post#47 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:54 am

Truth hurts Bitches

Labron I mean Labum is a Cry baby!

I need this, I need that

Labum: I don't believe in super teams don't know what they are? LOL stupd clown

I remember the days where people use to bash Kobe and say he needed Shaq ... Kobe needed Gasol ...

Guess what you whiney turds

Labum needs not 1, but 2 all stars and soon to be 3 allstars beside his name to win - Wade/Bosh, Irving/Love ... Kobe=Shaq, Kobe=Gasol and still won 5 chips and did it in the WEST!

F U Labum

What a chode
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
crackalacks
Ballboy
And1: 15

Post#48 » by crackalacks » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:39 am

they aint have enough to beat gsw lol
haste10176
Bench Warmer
And1: 143

Post#49 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:56 am

EZ GG LOSER wrote:Truth hurts Bitches

Labron I mean Labum is a Cry baby!

I need this, I need that

Labum: I don't believe in super teams don't know what they are? LOL stupd clown

I remember the days where people use to bash Kobe and say he needed Shaq ... Kobe needed Gasol ...

Guess what you whiney turds

Labum needs not 1, but 2 all stars and soon to be 3 allstars beside his name to win - Wade/Bosh, Irving/Love ... Kobe=Shaq, Kobe=Gasol and still won 5 chips and did it in the WEST!

F U Labum

What a chode

Kobe had a better coach better front office and a better team than LBJ ever had.. LBJ is better than Kobe on every advanced stat there is and its not even close.. GSW now has 4 all stars but it is the quality of the all stars they have two of the top 4 players in the league and the other two are at least top 10 if not better... Love and Kyrie were losers before LBJ.. LBJ has carried the worst team of all time to finals on his back... Your nuts of course he needs more help to take on the best team of all time.. And lets be clear LBJ's team has only ever been favourite in the finals twice because they have never had depth or a great coach.. Wade was a fading force when LBJ arrived and completely faded when LBJ had left... Shaq won a title with Wade if you remember so Kobe was irrelevant to Shaq.. Shaq was the best player in the finals for those first three championships not Kobe.. Shaq was an absolute beast... LBJ has been the best player in the finals for 6 years but his team has not won and he is elevating them I can tell you that they just are not that good.. Iggy won the MVP one year for stopping Lebron yet LBJ still lead in scoring, assists and rebounds... Same with when Kawhi won MVP for stopping Lebron... Even though once again LBJ was the best player in the finals... And this year he averaged a triple double something never ever done before and unlike westbrick his triple double was efficient.. LBJ has three finals MVP's Kobe has two... They are not in the same league...
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#50 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:00 am

Hoopzilla wrote:

Since LBJ has been out when him and love have played together they are 13 and 4??? He also has registered games with zero assists as a PG... He will be fine but he will be winning 35 games or scrapping into playoffs maybe never winning a title again... He is an SG in a PG body... LBJ makes him better this year he was efficient and had his best year ever.. But on his own always controlling the ball that's not going to work...
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 am

JordansBulls wrote:
haste10176 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:That's because Kevin Love also came and Jr Smith. Team got stacked as a result. Not like it was only Lebron who came.

Your hilarious no one wanted JR Smith... Love also had a losing record.. and this stacked team you speak of well guess what Love was out in the first round of the finals when LBJ came back and LBJ still took them to finals then also lost Irving and Game 1 and dragged his team to two victories on a supporting cast of Matthew Delladova.. The team is not stacked at all its only as stacked as say Clippers with CP3, Deandrea and Blake Griffin.. Though each of those had far better winning records than Irving or Love.. BTW in the finals love has been ok but by no means outstanding.. The bench is terrible considering they can barely score.. So no this team is and has never been stacked the stacked team is GSW and no one is close to that stacked..

JR Smith was Melo's 2nd option and he had the 2nd best record one year with him. JR smith is like the 6th or 7th option on the Cavs. Love was playing in the West. Cavs in the West would have not had HCA in any series.

JR smith is the 4th offensive option on the cavs if he was the 6th or 7th option cavs would have some depth.. Cavs are the second best team in the league but they are not deep... Love and Irving both had losing records whether west or east they were both losers prior to LBJ.. They both can not play defence which makes someone like Klay Thompson and 20+ point scorer who plays defence more valuable to Kyrie...
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:07 am

haste10176 wrote:
Hoopzilla wrote:

Since LBJ has been out when him and love have played together they are 13 and 4??? He also has registered games with zero assists as a PG... He will be fine but he will be winning 35 games or scrapping into playoffs maybe never winning a title again... He is an SG in a PG body... LBJ makes him better this year he was efficient and had his best year ever.. But on his own always controlling the ball that's not going to work...

Meant 4 and 13... He is a massive loser..
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,725

Post#53 » by Clay Davis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:10 am

To be fair, he has a point. Lebron & Wade seemed to be on more equal terms than Kyrie & Lebron, despite Kyrie being very instrumental to the Cavs success.
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:10 am

Hoopzilla wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Kyrie is correct the Cavs are his team, he was there first and won allstar game mvp the year before and he also outplayed the league mvp as well and hit the game winner in his face. Something Lebron was not able to do for them.

Kyrie also led them to two straight lottery number 1 picks. Something LeFlop has never accomplished.

If Lebron didn't leave them in the first place, they would have not fallen out of the top spot in the conference to a position where they could draft Kyrie in the first place. But please, continue to blame Kyrie as the reason for him being on a bad team, really smart. Lebron was the reason they fell into lottery obligatory, no reason to blame Kyrie because he ended up being the first player with talent they has after he left. When Kyrie was ready to lead a winning team, Lebron came back and tore it apart again. I guess you are ready to blame the next player they draft after Lebron leaves again next year for them being so bad once again...

Lebron tore it apart by getting them to three straight finals and winning a championship?? Are you nuts if LBJ did not come back there is a really really good chance Kyrie would never ever win a championship..
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:17 am

johnnyballgame wrote:
donaldtrump_00 wrote:I'm quite on this matter because its that alarming and understanding both. were not hearing any of this from kyrie mouth so its all just a bunch of ppl talking and nobody is getting the full truth. I wondered back in 2014 how irving felt about LeBron coming back myself when he signed. the cavs weren't going anywhere at all but I bet they would have gotten better and more pieces by now if LeBron hadn't come back. you gotta look deep into these situations and it could be something that small. kyrie seems like a player who wants to be the guy.

I think what hes trying to say is hes happy what LeBron brought to the team but hes run his course. its the little things. like LeBron running dion waiters off the team. demanding them to bring in superstars when he felt himself and LeBron with love and Thompson and waiters and the others were enough. iriving loves winning with LeBron but just grew tired of his attitude and constant whinning.

kyrie is a straight forward player. he doesn't rely on flopping and complaining for every call. look at Tristan Thompson and how he fights with LeBron all the time. I thought he was about to fight him as much as he goes back in fourth with him. kevin love is quite but he wasn't getting looks much until last season. he goes missing for moments. I really don't know what to say. they both need each other if you ask me.

but if LeBron really is leaving then kyrie might as well pack up now and go. it kinda is a LeBron built team. I never hear about who kyrie likes to play with. or even love. there both important players as well. this is about there general manager situation and kyrie not being in on everything. when they tried to trade him for George I'm assuming he flipped. the rumor must be true that LeBron asked for kyrie to be involved in a trade. LeBron is used to d.wade those two are 10 years apart in age and kyrie is from a generation where he really isn't willing to settle into a minor role. wade wasn't either. he just was injury prone and getting older so he let LeBron take over. once bron seen wade was aging he bolted back to Cleveland to form a new big three which I'm sure he thought would be better.

So you think the Cavs offered Kyrie for Paul George and Indiana turned it down? You're absolutely insane. Don't believe everything you see on the internet. Indiana took an opened, half eaten candy bar with ants on it out of the trash in return for PG. They would have jumped all over Kyrie. If Kyrie was 'involved' in trade talks its because the other teams initiated that and obviously they were rejected. Same goes for Chris Paul. The Clippers would have ran over Steve Ballmer's mother on the way, they'd be trying to sign off on that one so fast. Neither of those guys were long for the teams they were on, obviously. You don't think an offer of Kyrie on a cheap two year deal and the ability to offer him a super max gets that done. Please use common sense.

I will add to this and says yes Pacers wanted to trade PG for Kyrie but Kyrie had not asked to be out at this stage.. Kyrie wants out because of all the noise about LBJ leaving the year after next and he does not want to be held responsible for the team dropping when he leaves.. Because Kyrie and Love together with LBJ have a 4 and 13 record.. I am pretty sure there were other signs too like LBJ maybe giving up on recruiting butler and then Kyrie decided if thats the case he must be gone.. If this is not the case then why would Kyrie ask for a trade so late in the piece yes griffin was gone so what he has an agent who can talk to gilbert if he does not want to do it directly.. This is stupid.. I am not sure when Cavs did not try and trade Kyrie and pieces to the Clippers for CP3 and Deandrea Jordan.. I think Clips would have done this because CP3 would be a sign and trade otherwise losing him for nothing and Deandrea does not work great with Griffin you therefore are essentially trading Jordan for Kyrie and obviously taking on matching salaries so maybe taking on channing Frye and they need a shooter losing reddick anyway so a pretty decent deal pairing Kyrie with Blake Griffin is pretty good.. This is the perfect trade I advocated from the start..
3Diamantidis
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,301

Post#56 » by 3Diamantidis » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 am

bespectacled19 wrote:
7 Footer wrote:LOL, he's right. How much help does Lebron need?

well, they still can't beat powerhouse GSW.. so it's right they need help.

Irving without James (and Love) can't even go to the playoffs, much less win a championship.

What kind of help they need?
A 13mil contract on JR smith and a new 3year deal for korver?
GS gets players for peanuts, they don't overpay them.
That's the only mistake lebron did.
Get players, but careful with the payroll. It's simple....when(and if) lebron leaves, the cavs will be full of bad contracts.
If durant leaves, GS will be fine. Because they are careful with their salaries and because they do not pick players to suit only one guy.

Secondly, wasn't lebron the one who wanted love at cleveland? You can't blame love for this. On the contrary. The guy proved that he is a perfect pro, he didn't create any problem even when he had issues in adjusting to the system. Love was lebron's choice.
Just like anyone else on the roster except irving.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think thatlebron has treated kyrie unfairly or something.
Neither i buy all this "son" things.
Lebron takes care of his teammates, he makes sure that they get paid, he can also support them in public when it's need.
But all this happens so that he can be happy and boost hiw own legacy.
If lebron leaves next summer, cavs are toast.
fluent
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#57 » by fluent » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:57 am

3Diamantidis wrote:What kind of help they need?
Get players, but careful with the payroll. It's simple....when(and if) lebron leaves, the cavs will be full of bad contracts.
If durant leaves, GS will be fine. Because they are careful with their salaries and because they do not pick players to suit only one guy.

Actually GS is just in an extremely lucky position. Curry had ankle issues, they signed him to a budget contract. Klay was a high draft pick and turned out extremely well, still under a cheap contract, and Draymond was a late pick that turned into an all-star and great player that I'm sure no one really saw coming. He's also still under the cheap contract. So it was really a perfect storm of luck as well.

Once they have to pay Klay or Draymond things will be different. But they have a couple year window here to just dominate the league.
haste10176
Bench Warmer

Post#58 » by haste10176 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 am

3Diamantidis wrote:
bespectacled19 wrote:

Irving without James (and Love) can't even go to the playoffs, much less win a championship.

What kind of help they need?

Secondly, wasn't lebron the one who wanted love at cleveland? You can't blame love for this. On the contrary. The guy proved that he is a perfect pro, he didn't create any problem even when he had issues in adjusting to the system. Love was lebron's choice.
Just like anyone else on the roster except irving.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think thatlebron has treated kyrie unfairly or something.
Neither i buy all this "son" things.
Lebron takes care of his teammates, he makes sure that they get paid, he can also support them in public when it's need.
But all this happens so that he can be happy and boost hiw own legacy.
If lebron leaves next summer, cavs are toast.

When LBJ leaves Kyrie will be stuck with the bad contract for maybe a year longer then they will have room to sign others so Kyrie will have one bad year boo hoo.. But even if they are bad contracts Gilbert is way over the cap so even if they had taken less they still would not have been able to fit in another player... GSW lucked out with Curry and then got Durant they are now well over the cap but Durant took a larger than necessary pay cut to save the owners luxury tax.... Cavs just ran into the best team of all time.. Thats unfortunate but there list is not bad they lost one game on the way to finals..
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 5,026

Post#59 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:42 am

bespectacled19 wrote:

That last part is poor logic...

Lebron can't win a Championship without Bosh, Wade or Love, Irving.

And Lebronn seems to always whine about his team not being good enough when he losses. Doesn't matter if he is right or not, you don't do that to your team mates.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#60 » by ChokeFasncists » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
ChokeFasncists wrote:So he's throwing a fit? Is it that difficult to wait for another year?

Not Even. He's had to be in Lebron's shadow for the past few years, and Lebron essentially speaks for the Cavs and what he wants. It's never about how KI or Love feel. It's all Lebron and after being thrown under the bus by not being considered a great team by Lebron, which implies Irving and Love are just okay players, Irving seems even more tired of being treated like an underling to Lebron.

I'm sure KI enjoys winning, but Lebron seems to care more about what he wants and not others around him.

Well, this is Cleveland, LeBron territory, it's understandable. But if he bolts in one year, it'd be Kyrie's team.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Wiretap Discussion